MinnBobber

Hi folks...forgive me if this has been covered.

My oil mod rig recently ran into some issues and I am back to the dynacoil for concentrates. I have never been able to get this thing to work properly, to be honest.
I will be using it in an omnivap through water (via mighty wpa, perfect fit); pipes portside mini as heat source.
Can anybody offer some tips in terms of how to get the most out of using the dynocoil with this setup, sugar, diamonds in sauce etc.?
Very new to concs in VCap with DynaCoil but here is my experience.
Most important is warming the Ti Dyna Coil so concentrates can melt into the million pockets.

It doesn’t have to be screamin hot, but hot enough to melt the dab .
I remove cap and use Herbalizer heat / blower to heat the coil.
I err on the side of minimal time after click.

?? What are others doing to clean the coil??

Yes, my Omni is an XL, so the stem is the 62mm. Can't weigh an M, gifted all of mine away. Can't be a deal breaker in the difference, can it?
I'll pull the trigger anyway, just want to know some more info about because i found that the M is a bit heavy when i wanna keep it in my mouth like a classic cigarette.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Can anybody offer some tips in terms of how to get the most out of using the dynocoil with this setup, sugar, diamonds in sauce etc.?

If it has been used before, I would make sure to give it a good cleaning first. A good soak in iso and maybe running under very hot water for a while. Those things have so many little crannies, I find them time consuming to clean. A number of times I thought it was clean only to still have old reclaim in the depths of it.

I guess it is a big reason why I don't use mine. The old reclaim really takes away flavor from future hits. At least that has been my experience. But I never put a whole lot of time into it, there's a good chance I just didn't get the hang of it. I know some people rave on them.

humblesmurph

I have the 2019 M and the 2020 M. I love them. Best vaporizer ever. Nothing else even comes close. I have owned a fair amount of vapes (OG Solo and Air, Extreme Q, Grasshopper, MFLB, OG Pax, XMax v2 Pro, Nano). I think I have a pretty good idea of how these things work. They just heat weed. A well designed torch powered vape can match the vapor quality of the most expensive vapes in my opinion. I have never used a Volcano or the whatever the highest priced vaporizer is, but I do not believe that you can get better extraction than you can get with this technology. I would bet the Sticky Bricks (sp?) tech is equally awesome.

If you are reading this thread trying to decide whether to get this thing...just get it. Like a Toyota Corolla, a Pulltaps wine key, or a Swingline can opener, sometimes the simplest tool is the best tool. I recommend the 2020 M highly. If you have already ordered it and are just reading this thread in the meantime, rest assured you have made a great choice!

Continuing (yes, I'm high) there is a slight learning curve. Pay attention and respect the click!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'll pull the trigger anyway, just want to know some more info about because i found that the M is a bit heavy when i wanna keep it in my mouth like a classic cigarette.

I opted for a lightweight carbless stem for that reason. My situation has me all too often walking around with the stem in my mouth and hands busy. Plus I prefer a slender wooden stem over metal any day.

I get 19.2 grams on a complete C-Vap. A wooden core-less stem of mine weighs 11.8 grams with the tip and cap. Hope that helps. These are not readily available as most people prefer a metal liner.
And in that sense, the M itself isn't too bad for weight.
Anyone care to put some stem weights down for @b0vver ?
'20-M w/ XL wooden mouthpiece complete = 19.3g

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Anyone care to put some stem weights down for @b0vver ?
'20-M w/ XL wooden mouthpiece complete = 19.3g

Here goes:

Ti Woody with second gen tip and cap - 8.31g
Ed's TNT wooden vong (14mm) with second gen Ti tip and cap - 12.61g
'20 c-vap with cap - 20.11g
and my DD baby, RWW Robusto glass stem with '19 SS tip and cap - 21.99g (well, the stem is 4 inches long)

So for those of you that already own the 2020M, would I be better off going with the 2020M with the BB9 for water use or just go with the hydravong xls? Both essentially cost the same and I like the look of the wood more than the all metal. More so wondering am I going to be missing out on the new cap/body? Most people say the titanium tip is better

WhyAmIBlitzed,
Reactions: kenske

Dynalowrider

Anybody know how many different 7 fin tips there are? Does anyone Know the link to the pics of same? Tia
Doc

Dynalowrider,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So for those of you that already own the 2020M, would I be better off going with the 2020M with the BB9 for water use or just go with the hydravong xls? Both essentially cost the same and I like the look of the wood more than the all metal.

Keep in mind what kind of glass water piece you want to use with it. The Hydravong might be a little long for some glass pieces to make a good seal on the GonG connection if there is not enough room under the connection for the mouthpiece.

This would be an example of something like that. In this case you may have to remove at least the mouthpiece, and possibly the mouthpiece and condenser:
2019-new-style-factory-price-heady-hight-quaility-rig-bongs-smoking-glass-pipes-colorful-glass-bongbig-beaker-oil-rig-glass-bowl.jpg

When of course, if you're using a glass piece with plenty of clearance below the GonG connection, like this one, then you'll be fine with the hydrovong as it is:
honeycomb-perc-glass-bong-quartz-banger-bowl-bongs-dab-oil-rigs-water-pipes-heady-wax-rig-pipe-filter-diffuser-percolator-purple-black-thick.jpg

More so wondering am I going to be missing out on the new cap/body? Most people say the titanium tip is better

I have the 2020 M, and it's fine. I like it. And I don't have any problem with it's cap and tip. I think that they are fine. But I don't think you'll be missing anything either. It vapes basically the same, and I'm not sure that I would choose the captive cap again if I had a choice between the captive cap or the standard cap. And I have two other M's (2018 and 2019 models), and at least three other Dynavap tips/caps on third-party stems created by others.

Both the titanium tips and the steel tips have their advantages. You'll be happy with either, and you will probably have both eventually. Then you can figure out your preference, based of your personal usage technique. Everyone will be different.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
So for those of you that already own the 2020M, would I be better off going with the 2020M with the BB9 for water use or just go with the hydravong xls? Both essentially cost the same and I like the look of the wood more than the all metal. More so wondering am I going to be missing out on the new cap/body? Most people say the titanium tip is better

I don't have a 2020 M yet, but...
I have both a 19M, a bb9, numerous wooden stems, some which fit direct to a water piece.

If you got the hydra xls, then you have one DV to do it all and a nice wooden look.

The 2020 is supposed to have an improved ability to fit in a 10mm water piece or bigger one if you used an adapter.

Whichever one you get it should be fine. Personally I would go 2020 + BB9 because then you have the choice between two different stems/experiences.

That is until the next dynavap sale. :smug: :spliff:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't have a 2020 M yet, but...
I have both a 19M, a bb9, numerous wooden stems, some which fit direct to a water piece.

If you got the hydra xls, then you have one DV to do it all and a nice wooden look.

The 2020 is supposed to have an improved ability to fit in a 10mm water piece or bigger one if you used an adapter.

Whichever one you get it should be fine. Personally I would go 2020 + BB9 because then you have the choice between two different stems/experiences.

That is until the next dynavap sale. :smug: :spliff:

I have at least four 10mm water pieces. The 2020 M definitely fits nicely in those. I would say that, or a low-profile 10mm to whatever size your water piece is (14mm or 18mm) would suit you just fine for now as well.

Of course, if you went with the hydravong you could always get an adapter that would give you the extra length you need for one of the glass pieces I indicated in my earlier piece could be a problem. The right adapter would solve that problem as well.

Thank you guys for measuremets. I've also found this on reddit:
  • Regular "M" = 20 grams
  • Omnivap Titanium XL = 15 grams
  • Omnivap Titanium = 15 grams
  • Nonavong-XLS = 10 grams
  • Carbon fiber XL-S (Bocote mouthpiece) = 9.31 grams
  • Nonavong-S = 5 grams
As light as 5 grams, wow.. I think to buy a 45mm ed's wooden stem and a spinning mouthpiece. I've found 3 variety of 45mm stems, Blackwood, Canarywood and Gonçalo Alves but i cant understand which one is most similar to my Wallnut Dynastash, there's no indication on the picture.
dynavap-midsection-corps-bois-dynavap-ed-s-tnt.jpg

This one is surely a Blackwood:
This one must be Canarywood or Gonçalo Alves:

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Dynalowrider I have 4 in chronological order left to right.
IMG-20200427-140133.jpg

My daily 95mm lined
IMG-20200427-135343.jpg

And a 62mm DV size again lined
IMG-20200427-141204.jpg

I gave in with the Dynacoil because you just can't clean it properly.
Most people wipe their glass or Ti dab gear after every dab.
The equivalent would be Iso soaking the coil after every use and even then I don't think you'd get all the crud out.

Several coils, Iso and an ultrasonic bath would probably work but it turns it into a chore.

Rayon has been the best solution for me.
Keeps the condenser clean, very inert on flavour and its biodegradable.
Cheap and because you need so little your money goes a long way.

Dynalowrider

Thank you @phattpiggie in looking through my collection I found some 7 fin tips. My eye sight is getting so bad I can't keep them straight. Which one is the one everyone is looking for? Memory is going too. I think it's LE or something on that order. I know I have the two middle ones, with right twist on one and left twist on the other. If I could figure out how to clear the meta-data off the pics I would post pics of them. Doc

By the way I love your work. I'm so poor I can't even pay attention, or I would have some of your work. I've been around here for a long time. Still have my OG with two airports. Thought I had a piccolo, when I first got it in the mail.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a 2020M, the M for a friend for whoever decides they like it, and the wenge dynastash. Bought a low profile 10mm female/14mm male adapter instead of going with the hydravong. I figure if I really decide I want the hydravong I can always buy the body and be set with the better cap/tip.

Does anyone have an opinion of the Blazer PB207 torch? Kinda pricy at $40 but I have a lot of respect for blazer as a company and they have a pretty good reputation. I have the torch that’s built into my rio but it’s a pretty fat flame that will probably work but having the smaller torch for control should be nice.

thanks for your help guys!

I own this one with the 20M, works like a charm. Easy to refill, to see the gas level, to use in overall. No complaints at all, i've only threw away the chain, just be sure to take the original one.
How’s the accuracy of the torch tip? Is it too fat or just right? From what I’ve read where you heat the cap makes a huge difference on what kind of hit you’re going to get and I think my RIO torch is going to make it prematurely click and give me too low temp of hits

WhyAmIBlitzed,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@phattpiggie - I stand corrected yet again. Thanks for showing your stems on the scale. Those are some impressive low weights! I know the Ti tip helps but still, anything under 15 grams is quite a feat.

Top Bottom