vandalizedbythelotus

so i just got my 20M yesterday and i have to say, in terms of airflow through the TIP ONLY (airport closed/carbless tem) it seems less than the 19 but more than the 18 SS tips.
on a 1 to 4 scale with 4 being open and 1 being restricted the airflow feels like this:
1 - 18SS
2 - 20SS
3 - 19SS
4 - 19TI
can anyone else confirm?
or is there an issue with my 20M? because sneaky pete's reveiw at least claims MOAR AIRFLOW ... and i was assuming he meant compared to the 19M

LabPong

I should have mentioned what worries me most about the upgrade is airflow more than heat, I modified my SS tip for better airflow by filing Vs into the tip where the airpaths terminate. I've never messed with titanium can you file the stuff? I realize it's not indestructible but I now it's harder than steel.

If you get a Ti tip....there will be no reason at all to file anything....it is much more free in the draw department....but yea...you can file it pretty easily if you want.

In other news.....has anyone got a shipping conformation email from Dynavap from orders recently? Still waiting on mine from an order end of last week.

Last edited:

junny89

@junny89 - My '19-M cap clicks like yours apparently. Mine is a hugely delayed first click. It finally comes on as a kind of subdued CRLICK with an almost immediate CLICK!

Not a real issue. The final click is well pronounced and that's the one that matters to me.

I have to ask though; are you doing this in the cold? Ambient temps do make a difference.

Although you are heating the cap, part of that heat is being transferred to the bowl (tip). This is the heat mass that toasts your nugs on the walls (conduction). The heat from the cap is a convection heat source. I'm going to suggest that somehow you are not getting enough heat into the tip and the cap isn't staying hot enough to get a good rip. Go ahead and flame the cap until it clicks, but move to the half of the cap where the clicker is. As I've noted, your cap is acting like mine. Mine is a very hot cap meaning it wants a lot of heat to reach the click.

And of course, if you feel it is simply not 'right', contact DV and get their take. All the best.

Edit; my thoughts on IH - well, I hate butane so that is about the end of it. However, the IH heats both the cap and the tip at the same time. Heatup time from cold is on average 10 seconds. The speed of heatup interests me for the soul reason that I am loosing vape while heating. With the IH, you can start drawing before it is ever fully hot. This method has reduced the vape honey left in the IH coil liner. What I am saying is that you might want a hotter torch :2c:

Same here in Oregon. OLCC has an online search and Spirytus doesn't show up but the grain alcohol did. And nearly the same price. And still 190 proof. I'll make the switch just to see. Maybe around September I'll need another bottle.

@junny89
I had to pull out the torch to double check my times but three little hooligans delayed my response lol. It looks like you have it figured out now :tup:.
I'm at 23 seconds for a base hit (by the digger outer) so you're right on target. I get big milky clouds they way I heat and 2-3 draws on a full bowl.

I think I'd like to receive mine :spliff:

Finding the '19 breathes a little better than '18 out of the box. Once customized, I'd say they were the same. But the clickers are worlds apart. the '18 has perfect zones between clicks. The '19 goes "crrrrlick -- CLICK!" in short succession. That's click 1 and click 2. Very hot little cap.

@junny89 In regards to your induction heater question, it really depends on you. I went months and months before I finally built my own but now it's all I ever use (hence why I had to torch a cap to double check the heat up time). Induction heaters make the heating process faster and easier and that's what pushed me over the edge. I hit a point when I was using my Vapcap's enough that sitting and spinning them over and over (3 back to back bowls) became tedious. If you have any soldering skills (you don't need much) you'll be able to make one very easily for not a lot of money. There are tons of guides of available if you do some searching. Wall plug or battery powered. If you would rather buy one then you need to decide if that extra cost is worth the time and butane saved as well as the ease of use imo.

I played around with it some more last night and got it to click around 28 seconds near digger outer. It was cold so maybe that’s why.
Using a cheap single flame lighter.

got a bigger tri flame torch I’ll give a go later with.

@TommyDee mine is exactly the same the way yours clicks. Identical even. One small followed by the main loud one. I’m listening for that loud one. I have been pushing my heating wait time up and up hence got up to 28seconds!
I have noticed some people mention combusting, how does that happen in a dynavap and how to avoid it ? not happen to me yet but would be good to know.

it does seem like a good idea for the IH but it just isn’t cost effective. @SquirrelMaster so you have any links for making your own? I do have some soldering skills I tinker around now and then may make my own depending how difficult it is.
I have seen all IH heaters are out of stock everywhere so may be a opportunity to make my own.

when the bowl is full completely (no micro dose) how many heat cycles do you get out of it?

Thanks for all the comments and finally getting me on my journey :clap:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If you got the skills, definitely make your own IH. Follow it up with an order on a wait list if this is interim. We have a pretty good thread going on IH's here - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...ting-bits-n-pieces.33216/page-14#post-1464957

So the digger-outer spot is the hottest. It takes the longest for the heat to get to the clicker. The "D" of "Dynavap" should be the fastest.

Combustion happens at what, 460C? And we want extractuion to 420C to get dark ABV. Many stop way before that. But you can see how 40C is all that stands between done and overdone. And it not just the heat. It is the oxygen. If you taste smoke, STOP DRAWING. Let the coal smuther and then eject it.

As stated before, I am not an advocate of long heat times. I find vape escapes my caps. If you can get it down to the 10-15 second range with more heat, you would be weed ahead. Again, most IH's should be able to do 10 seconds or less and since there is no fumes, I can draw anytime, also saving precious herb.

The biggest issue is actually getting a ZVS 120W module from eBay/Amazon. I've gotten 2 out of 6 ordered so far. If this is something you want to get over with soon, pay the extra to know you will get what you asked for. You could also see if @Pipes has a module floating around... or better yet, see what the wait time is for a Caldron. You won't regret having an IH.

junny89

If you got the skills, definitely make your own IH. Follow it up with an order on a wait list if this is interim. We have a pretty good thread going on IH's here - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...ting-bits-n-pieces.33216/page-14#post-1464957

So the digger-outer spot is the hottest. It takes the longest for the heat to get to the clicker. The "D" of "Dynavap" should be the fastest.

Combustion happens at what, 460C? And we want extractuion to 420C to get dark ABV. Many stop way before that. But you can see how 40C is all that stands between done and overdone. And it not just the heat. It is the oxygen. If you taste smoke, STOP DRAWING. Let the coal smuther and then eject it.

As stated before, I am not an advocate of long heat times. I find vape escapes my caps. If you can get it down to the 10-15 second range with more heat, you would be weed ahead. Again, most IH's should be able to do 10 seconds or less and since there is no fumes, I can draw anytime, also saving precious herb.

The biggest issue is actually getting a ZVS 120W module from eBay/Amazon. I've gotten 2 out of 6 ordered so far. If this is something you want to get over with soon, pay the extra to know you will get what you asked for. You could also see if @Pipes has a module floating around... or better yet, see what the wait time is for a Caldron. You won't regret having an IH.

that’s exactly what I have noticed. Yesterday it was around 20 seconds near the Y and was quick and not too too hot. But decent hit and good extraction. 2 cycles and that was me done! Abv was changing colour each time but ever so slightly.

just now I tried it further up towards the digger outer and it got me up to 40 seconds to hear the click. This was a complete game changer for me. It was a hot vape, tasty, but 1 cycle got me wasted. It was really cold so maybe that’s why took double the time. The abv was done, maybe one more cycle but I extracted pretty much everything from the chamber.

I now can see where the heat Management is depending how you want it.

it’s more about the cost effectiveness. I mean if I build my own and it the costs start rising I may have had just bought one instead. but if you can make one fairly cheap, then yes I’d give it a go.
thanks for the info I’ll give that thread a read and see where I get to.
I’m from the UK so I can’t find any pre order of any IH so can’t even get my name down for one. Then don’t forget it’s same price here in £‘s. $130 to £130 is like $180+.
I’ve found a few in Uk like VapOven but they look pretty big. They are around £100.

Let me see how involved it is to make if not may save up for a portable IH once available like the DynaTec/port side.

Any guesses on when a new Dynavap induction heater will be released?

I’d be interested to know also

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You'll have fun in the bits&pieces thread :D For the cost of one artisan IH, I have a whole box of DIY goodies and two fully functional IH's. And I still have enough left over for a nice meal out - when we can do that again. Maybe I'll buy some more bits&pieces :rockon:

Oh yea - $25 IH

49732424096_810d5ff2a7_w.jpg

$50 IH (expensive cells)

49589997181_114e844374_w.jpg

Personalized IH $35

49720378593_7ddb714fbf_w.jpg

And a commercial IH under a bill -

Caldron - $80+shipping from Canada

These are all under-a-bill solutions. Pick your poison :\

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is a mag heater and there is a fluxer. Then there is the Apollo II sanctioned by Dynavap. There is also a cute little cubical one coming out soon. Of course the Port Side Mini is a local favorite also.

As features go, I prefer a separate switch rather than 'push the VC to activate' option. This feature seems to be near universal. However, activating the switch seems cumbersome to draw while heating. It wouldn't take much to have both.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
What with all of this talk of induction heaters, I just noticed that as of yesterday the good folk at VapeWellness in the UK have got the a/c powered DynaTec Apollo 2 IH back in stock, which is selling for £130 . . . https://www.vapewellness.co.uk/products/dynatec-apollo-2-induction-heater

I've no experience of this unit myself (or any IH, yet) and personally I'm not keen on the design, but I thought it was worth a mention for anyone in the market for such a device as they seem to get snapped up pretty quickly . . .
2020M_Apollo.jpg

"The Apollo 2 wall-powered Induction Heater is designed and engineered by DynaTec, specifically for use with the DynaVap VapCap.

Enjoy smooth, fast, and consistent vapour in a few seconds with either stainless steel or titanium tips.

To operate: lightly press the VapCap into the chamber until a red heating light appears and hold until you hear the heat-up click. A momentary tactile switch is built into the chamber to ensure the heater is only activated when a VapCap is inserted with light pressure.

An automatic shutoff feature limits heating to a maximum of 15 seconds at a time. This unit features a durable, full-color printed cover with an authentic DynaVap magnet on the top.

Included with each Apollo heater is an instruction guide and a two-wire plug, with two round prongs, that fit into any 4.0 - 4.8 mm round contacts on 17.5 - 19 mm center. (Commonly known as the Europlug.)

For UK a travel adaptor can be used, or the power cord and plug can be replaced with a UK version, commonly used with most laptops & games consoles.

*Designed and assembled in the USA with a 12-month warranty by DynaTec.

Power Supply Certifications: CE UL ROHS Listed.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
1 x DynaTec Apollo 2 Induction Heater
1 x European Plug
"

:peace:

rvarick

Hey friends! What’s the consensus on the 20M?

I love my three 18Ms but I didn’t like the 19M for whatever reason - felt constricted to me. Even sold my 19M to purchase another 18M.

What do people who like the 18M (but don’t like the 19M) think about the 20M?

Thanks!
After a few weeks with my 20M, I’m really underwhelmed with it and see it as a step back rather than forward when compared to my 19M.

First, I think the extra mass in the tip causes it to heat up poorly. It shouldn’t take over 2 hits to start to see vapor. I’ve also had loads which I’m unable to get extracted without going way past the click, both with a torch and IH. Aesthetically I don’t love the look of the new tip either.

I’ve also struggled with the captive cap. I feel like it needs way more adjustment to work properly vs. an older cap. And I have 2 captive caps and both seem to click early consistent with my low-temp cap. Seems like a fix to a problem that didn’t exist.

On the plus side, I do like the chiral airports, and the 10mm taper. Although unfortunately, I’ve found the o-ring ledge in the mouthpiece to be finicky, and this prevents a solid connection with a tip when flipping the M around in an xl config.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks for posting that @VegNVape - definitely will be short lived stock.

There you go @junny89 - hit up vapewellness for an Apollo II while they last.

@rvarick - I wonder if the flat faces are pulled too far away from the cap to get equivalent convection from the cap to the tip. Are you getting a similar result if you swap the cap into an earlier tip?

Last edited:

LabPong

Anyone got their order from the start of the sale?

I ordered last Thurs, have not got any shipping notification yet. Wonder if they are that backed up?

junny89

You'll have fun in the bits&pieces thread :D For the cost of one artisan IH, I have a whole box of DIY goodies and two fully functional IH's. And I still have enough left over for a nice meal out - when we can do that again. Maybe I'll buy some more bits&pieces :rockon:

Oh yea - $25 IH

49732424096_810d5ff2a7_w.jpg

$50 IH (expensive cells)

49589997181_114e844374_w.jpg

Personalized IH $35

49720378593_7ddb714fbf_w.jpg

And a commercial IH under a bill -

Caldron - $80+shipping from Canada

These are all under-a-bill solutions. Pick your poison :\

There is a mag heater and there is a fluxer. Then there is the Apollo II sanctioned by Dynavap. There is also a cute little cubical one coming out soon. Of course the Port Side Mini is a local favorite also.

As features go, I prefer a separate switch rather than 'push the VC to activate' option. This feature seems to be near universal. However, activating the switch seems cumbersome to draw while heating.

What with all of this talk of induction heaters, I just noticed that as of yesterday the good folk at VapeWellness in the UK have got the a/c powered DynaTec Apollo 2 IH back in stock, which is selling for £130 . . . https://www.vapewellness.co.uk/products/dynatec-apollo-2-induction-heater

I've no experience of this unit myself (or any IH, yet) and personally I'm not keen on the design, but I thought it was worth a mention for anyone in the market for such a device as they seem to get snapped up pretty quickly . . .
2020M_Apollo.jpg

"The Apollo 2 wall-powered Induction Heater is designed and engineered by DynaTec, specifically for use with the DynaVap VapCap.

Enjoy smooth, fast, and consistent vapour in a few seconds with either stainless steel or titanium tips.

To operate: lightly press the VapCap into the chamber until a red heating light appears and hold until you hear the heat-up click. A momentary tactile switch is built into the chamber to ensure the heater is only activated when a VapCap is inserted with light pressure.

An automatic shutoff feature limits heating to a maximum of 15 seconds at a time. This unit features a durable, full-color printed cover with an authentic DynaVap magnet on the top.

Included with each Apollo heater is an instruction guide and a two-wire plug, with two round prongs, that fit into any 4.0 - 4.8 mm round contacts on 17.5 - 19 mm center. (Commonly known as the Europlug.)

For UK a travel adaptor can be used, or the power cord and plug can be replaced with a UK version, commonly used with most laptops & games consoles.

*Designed and assembled in the USA with a 12-month warranty by DynaTec.

Power Supply Certifications: CE UL ROHS Listed.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
1 x DynaTec Apollo 2 Induction Heater
1 x European Plug
"

:peace:

thanks for that! All options looks wicked cool and not that intense to make! Thanks I’ll have a look at all options.
What’s this small cubicle one you refer to?as that’s caught my eye. Any more info on this?
Thanks @VegNVape i actually saw this this morning, it is the plug socket version though and now hearings of a small cubicle one sound definitely intriguing. If that DynaTec was the portable one i may have considered it.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't know what the input rating of the Apollo II is. But they do work with battery packs. Just got to know the voltage limit. If they feed 12v into this, it will work with a portable battery pack too. Current ratings will have to be matched but I suspect it is pretty reasonable. IH's draw anywhere from 4 to 8 amps depending on configuration.

I suck at finding old posts. It should be here or in one of 3 IH threads. Anyone got that bookmarked?

You're in luck @junny89 - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1997#post-1462231

alpine-2020-new_736x736.png

So far this one is winning style points. How is their launch going?

Last edited:

junny89

I don't know what the input rating of the Apollo II is. But they do work with battery packs. Just got to know the voltage limit. If they feed 12v into this, it will work with a portable battery pack too. Current ratings will have to be matched but I suspect it is pretty reasonable. IH's draw anywhere from 4 to 8 amps depending on configuration.

I suck at finding old posts. It should be here or in one of 3 IH threads. Anyone got that bookmarked?

You're in luck @junny89 - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1997#post-1462231

Oh wow now that’s very very intriguing! I found the Instagram but not really much info and pretty sure I missed the launch. Is there a website? A quick google search resulted in nothing.

I’m sure DynaTec do a portable rechargeable one too? I only seen it on Vapefiend in the UK and no where else...
https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections...pollo-2-rechargeable-dynavap-induction-heater

£170 which is pricey but looks just as good as all dynavap products.
if the alpine is $99 pre order not sure which version I would pre order right away.

Oh quick question, my dynastash purpleheart is arriving tomorrow. Can you insert the dynavap whole hot/semi hot? Or only when cold ?

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

Some draw almost 10A, Mr. C said the flux deluxes draw 9.x amps where i don't remember what x =

Top Bottom