Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Boom, 2000. Incredible.

---

George often recommends having a full session with the airport fully open, just to understand what it can give you. Because unlike what most might think, it can get you plenty of vapor, even though it has a different air / vapor ratio – but it's not „no vapor at all“ at all.

However, as always the outcome is dictated by a ton of variables. But when I tried Georges recommendation for the first time, I was actually shocked to see what I was missing until then. I still play with the airport when drawing most of the times, but love those superopen draws too.

notams

toke down Babylon
I look forward to any kind of party where we can all be safely in the same room. This shit is getting old...

I see I have over 1900 posts in this thread. Maybe I should be quiet for a while... ;)

Nah.... We love hearing from you!

@TiSteamo your tip looks fine to me. Every user experience is different. If yours ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sidenote: I was a professional beer judge. Trying to explain a sensory experience to anyone is darn near impossible. That's why I completely respect the YouTube reviewers and relate to TiSteamo trying to explain a feeling that something is "off".

Just click through it dude.

Sativapo

I draw with open airflow when I know I heated it too much. If carbless I don't put my mouth too tight drawing some air on the sides.
I think the more you close the airflow the more convection you have. If you got a lot of vapor just by heating the cap ( conduction) you won't need the pressured hot air to go too much through your weed for further extraction.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Congrats, @VapCap for becoming the first thread in FC history to hit 2,000 pages!

I can't believe it's only been six weeks since this picture was taken, back when you could actually be around other people without fear. Those were the days...

IMG-1642jlb.png

:peace:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I can't be positive, but it looks to me that it is fine. It looks deeper, frankly, than mine and mine works fine. The bad ones were barely deep enough to show shadows of light. I think you are golden.
The VapCaps are not designed to produce prodigious airflow which is why most of us mouth pull. But as you can see from the video above, you can produce plenty of vapor if you do it right.
If what you really want is prodigious airflow on a butane vape, try a Lotus or a Sticky Brick. If you are just trying to get the job done, a VapCap does a great job.
sorry if I am repetitive but it is not clear to me: covering the hole, when you draw, you feel the air flow like the guy in the video does (with a lot of noise, woooosh, as if the hole was open) or do you feel a certain restriction?

TiSteamo,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
sorry if I am repetitive but it is not clear to me: covering the hole, when you draw, you feel the air flow like the guy in the video does (with a lot of noise, woooosh, as if the hole was open) or do you feel a certain restriction?
If you cover the air hole when you draw, the airflow is greatly reduced because the only source for the air is through the tip/cap which is very restricted. That is why most of us mouth pull when covering the air port as that actually (I think) has more force than the diaphragm. If you don't cover the air port most of the air comes from the air port because it has no resistance, but it also has no vapor. You are still getting SOME from the cap (which will have vapor), but most is from the air hole so it is just air.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I've been rekindling my love for the VapCap just lately - significantly reducing my overall intake (mustard spoonfuls in the Sublimator are all too easy), which in these uncertain times I guess is a good thing . . .

I'm still getting my milky meds though . . . never more than two to three cycles of thick vapor through my dry rig and the bowl is well roasted . . .

This here little cocobolo Ti bullet feels so right but it's definitely VonG . . .
Dyna-Vap-Cap-Vong.jpg

Insane rips 'til it drips.

Happy 2000 pages fellow VC FCers :tup:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@cybrguy
Ok and thank you for the answer, I agree with you but I wonder why the guy in the video draws with the hole covered and makes a noise that looks like draws with the hole discovered ...:o

... which made me think I had one of the famous defective tips ...:nope:

TiSteamo,

almost there

I've been rekindling my love for the VapCap just lately - significantly reducing my overall intake (mustard spoonfuls in the Sublimator are all too easy), which in these uncertain times I guess is a good thing . . .

I'm still getting my milky meds though . . . never more than two to three cycles of thick vapor through my dry rig and the bowl is well roasted . . .

This here little cocobolo Ti bullet feels so right but it's definitely VonG . . .
Dyna-Vap-Cap-Vong.jpg

Insane rips 'til it drips.

Happy 2000 pages fellow VC FCers :tup:

Welcome back. Big love to Ed for all that he did for dynavap. Those golden oldie midsections are so precious

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy
Ok and thank you for the answer, I agree with you but I wonder why the guy in the video draws with the hole covered and makes a noise that looks like draws with the hole discovered ...:o

If I may suggest, many of the reviews of any cannabis product (any product really) include a little theater and flair and allow for a little ... flexibility in their results. That is why it is always beneficial (in my view) to watch a few of them on any given product before developing an opinion. I enjoy Troy's reviews, for example, but I don't always come to the same conclusions he does. And I find that to be true with all of the reviewers in this product category as well as most others. A review, after all, is an opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions...

LabPong

@cybrguy

The point of him doing that with both vapes back and forth....was only to show how much less resistance one had over the other with the carbs closed off. So if you do not look at his expressions when he does it....and only go by the audio of what he is doing...that is the point in that part of his vid.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I finally got on the induction heater train with a Portside Mini. Like many have said before it’s a game changer for me. Much more even heating and way stealthier. The PSM works really well. Thanks @Pipes for giving the community a solid heater at a reasonable price. I think I’ll see my VapCaps get more regular rotation as a result.

warren0728

I finally got on the induction heater train with a Portside Mini. Like many have said before it’s a game changer for me. Much more even heating and way stealthier. The PSM works really well. Thanks @Pipes for giving the community a solid heater at a reasonable price. I think I’ll see my VapCaps get more regular rotation as a result.
go ahead and plan on getting the @Pipes caldron too ... happens to a lot of us!

VapCap

Manufacturer
Hello everyone.

Hard to believe we have been discussing this topic for 2000 pages. Thank you!
It sure is interesting how things have changed over the past few years, and we are very grateful for all the makers out there designing and creating new accessories for our products. This is pushing the evolution of the product far faster than we ever have been able to do without you.

Time for an update.
In light of some of the more recent events, we have decided to begin our 419 sale today at 4:19 Central time. Since this is a time of real need for many, the M for a friend is also returning.

IMG_20200409_111836293_zpshb7azy4k.jpg

We will also make the C-Vap available for those in need. Our hope is these will only be purchased for those who cannot afford a device and truly need one. These are composed of parts from our previous years devices and many will have some small cosmetic irregularities. Either way, instead of just letting these parts sit on the shelf we are contributing all the additional parts and labor needed to assemble functional units and making these available while we have supply at a very low cost.

Here is one I really liked when I took it out of the oven. It is a 2018 stem with a 2019 tip.

IMG_20200409_112802237_zpsx7aliyyr.jpg

So all in all we are doing our best to be optimistic and look forward to the future in a positive light. We do believe we'll pull through this time and hope the need to conserve will help many others consider an alternative to smoking.

Cheers,

George

Last edited:
Top Bottom