Joeguito

Looks like you flattened 2 sides to allow for more airflow? Very interesting idea. I wonder if it will effect heat up or create hot spots in the bowl. You would probably get even less restriction by filling some half moon cut outs into the tip like the newer versions have.
I did it in 3 sides were the flat tip sides are, not were the lines of air flow are

also your CCD trick together with this I am getting more flavorful and more power hits and much more vapor / TommyDee

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynalowrider

Back when the tip was straight across, no notches, I bent the digger in to keep the cap off the end of the tip. The air is passing by the heated cap, turns and flows in to the tip and over the load, right? So there is no need to file the tip. The click-disc doesn't shut off the tip. Am I wrong?
Every Vapcap is different. Every Vapcapper is different. I can tell you how I do it, but not how you should do it. That's up to the individual.

Joeguito

Back when the tip was straight across, no notches, I bent the digger in to keep the cap off the end of the tip. The air is passing by the heated cap, turns and flows in to the tip and over the load, right? So there is no need to file the tip. The click-disc doesn't shut off the tip. Am I wrong?
Every Vapcap is different. Every Vapcapper is different. I can tell you how I do it, but not how you should do it. That's up to the individual.
my cap working great, like my new tip love it love it! / send a vid to see what your method

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Guito, man, did you take a clamp to your tip!
If it allows more air into your air-starved tip, you da man! :tup:
( Don’t know if I want to sque-eze my tip, however; rather squeeze the cap out of round instead... :2c: )

Be well in PR!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Introduce you the leaked 420 dynavap tip :D ... A bit late on the april joke it is a shameless knockoff by the vaponic guys !?!?! ,i doubt HIGHLY doubt it,maybe they wanted to earn on their name too!It says made in China,but i think solwe products are also made there :D ! Already shot dynavap a message ,i guess they might be amused by it :D .. https://www.vapo-city.de/VAPOLICX-Vaporizer_1 only under 30 euro with the discount lol.. I cant say i dont like the cap design,it is a cool collectors item. Which tip did they ripped off 2019M ? ?
9169_1.jpg
9169_3.jpg

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Introduce you the leaked 420 dynavap tip :D ... A bit late on the april joke it is a shameless knockoff by the vaponic guys !?!?! ,i doubt HIGHLY doubt it,maybe they wanted to earn on their name too!It says made in China,but i think solwe products are also made there :D ! https://www.vapo-city.de/VAPOLICX-Vaporizer_1 only under 30 euro with the discount lol..
9169_1.jpg
9169_3.jpg

Did the clone masters miss the essence of the cap. The discs?

The last foreign attempt to clone the VapCap did a near perfect replication.
—Except that they didn’t realize that that it was (the missin) discs which made the
cap (intended pun) Click!

The magic, missed.

April Fool to them, if they, too, missed the discs.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Let's see how strong DynaVap's patent is.
Well i already pointed George to the right direction via e-mail. It is Neardark Gmbh who is importing it in EU. Hopefully they will act on moral if nothing else :)).
It says it has mechanical system in the description so i guess it should click,gonna check with the seller.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’ll bet George has a decent legal staff, but it’s still difficult to deal with Chinese cloners. Smaller companies often don’t stand a chance, lawyers aren’t cheap, and when you see the Chinese cloning their own products, you can see they don’t care, and don’t feel they are subject to law, any law. See this everyday in the ECig mod world. Would I buy a clone of a Dynavap, NO, because the original is fairly priced and I can afford it. But, in the end, many folks simply buy, by price, usually 2-3 times, to make up for lack of quality. Because cloning is rampant, I often find myself buying from the manufacturers website, even if it’s a bit more money, just to avoid wondering if I have an “original”.

And don’t get me started on Chinese electrical products, with FAKE “UL” compliance stickers, many of these products can be a real FIRE HAZARD, in your home, it’s happened to me. CAT 3 & 4 ratings on digital multi meters, for $15.00, yes in a high voltage situation, those meters can get you killed. The situation is really out of control, so be CAREFUL, when looking for a bargain, many times it’s not worth it.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I must say I’m not a fan of the tip and cap combo on my 20’ M. I’m getting really weak extraction (i.e. still green) despite multiple heating cycles. I need to do some more testing to see whether it’s the cap or the tip that’s the problem (or both). I also noticed the new tip is pretty loose on my BB9 stem. Not sure yet what I think yet of the captive cap. The 2019 M was great from the get go.

i HAVE WRITTEN TO GEORGE A DOZEN TIMES. Never a reply.
These inexpensive Dynavaps require a mod to the tip with a Dremmel tool to work correctly.
It is not about technique, it is about playing with a fair deck.
Examine detailed photos of the tip (not cap) on the Omnivap. Look at the M Shadow 19 or 20.
They all share what I cal a 'fatal flaw' which is the absence of clearance at the tip race where gasses enter the oven via the grooves and flow to the pipe. Add clearance = add extraction (better airflow eQual to the Omnivap). The AVB should resemble that of fine light brown dust. Knowing not everyone is handy or has a dremmel took, this can also be done with a fine swiss file. Simly cut a groove at the top wthere each double helix ends. The material is hardened, so you do need a high quality file.

I also recommend placing a Pentel ben-barrel grip over the pipe just proximal to the carbeuration hole. It is exactly the right size to
1. prevents lip burn once ripped because the colored grip stands out
2. serves as a fine adjustment to the carb hole.

Planck

believes in Dog
They all share what I cal a 'fatal flaw' which is the absence of clearance at the tip race where gasses enter the oven via the grooves and flow to the pipe.

You can call it what you like but thousands, probably tens of thousands would disagree. A flaw so fatal that the device quickly became a worldwide success. :rolleyes:

the original is fairly priced

Which is often not the case.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
i HAVE WRITTEN TO GEORGE A DOZEN TIMES. Never a reply.
These inexpensive Dynavaps require a mod to the tip with a Dremmel tool to work correctly.
It is not about technique, it is about playing with a fair deck.
Examine detailed photos of the tip (not cap) on the Omnivap. Look at the M Shadow 19 or 20.
They all share what I cal a 'fatal flaw' which is the absence of clearance at the tip race where gasses enter the oven via the grooves and flow to the pipe. Add clearance = add extraction (better airflow eQual to the Omnivap). The AVB should resemble that of fine light brown dust. Knowing not everyone is handy or has a dremmel took, this can also be done with a fine swiss file. Simly cut a groove at the top wthere each double helix ends. The material is hardened, so you do need a high quality file.

I also recommend placing a Pentel ben-barrel grip over the pipe just proximal to the carbeuration hole. It is exactly the right size to
1. prevents lip burn once ripped because the colored grip stands out
2. serves as a fine adjustment to the carb hole.

You said: “Add clearance = add extraction (better airflow eQual to the Omnivap)”

How is the tip or airflow better on a Omnivap, I’ve never used one?

RustyOldNail,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@mucsusn it seems a lifetime ago that I turned for you, thank you. Support in the beginning blew me away.

@TheThriftDrifter I bought plenty so if you don't find any get in touch. Shipping to you should've been £10.

20M has me in a quandary and I've given it a few chances.
Once things calm down at DV I'll hopefully get George to answer some questions for me.

I'm not seeing what you are @Kimosabe the tips I've seen have grooves all the way to the edge of the bowl.

Better air flow through the cap is different to adjusting the air coming in through the carb.

Last edited:

Hotz

Guys, i am thinking about buy the new THE CAPTIVE CAP when we get the promos on 4/20....but i will not buy the new M, i just whant to buy this new cap for my titanium vapcap that i have for 2 years now, do you guys think its a good idea? because i notice that the chamber on the new M its different

Sorry for my english

Top Bottom