stark1

Lonesome Planet
Is there a greater benefit in microdosing to have an adjustable tip set with CCD at the smallest setting compared to just putting a small amount of herb in a non-adjustable tip?

Simple me, I am happy to break off a nug, and get toasted.

Of course while it is a calculus of refinement to be able to pre-set your load,
it isn’t exactly theoretical quantumdynamics.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
1st time considering a dynavap M. If you are in a noisy environment like a concert, can you still feel the clicks since you won't be able to hear them? Is it usable in loud environments?

You might feel it but you definitely won't hear it. In loud environments I just count to five (using a triple flame torch) and inhale. If I need a bit more heat, I'll torch for another two count, then inhale again. Repeat as necessary.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ya think @stark1 ? :D So hard to catch up here when you've had a good night's sleep.
And, for the record, I want my rope with 13 knots and made of hemp. I want no possibility of failure! "Here, let me help you..." :p

By far, the cap is the greatest restriction. It keeps vape from escaping during heating but flow is a personal preference everyone dials in, buys new, or DIY's to perfection. My trick was to put a wire in the bottom of the cap to clear the first fin a little. It also got rid of the rattle. The clicks garners way too much attention as I can't sneak off for draw as the click gives me away every time. But hey, stealth is over rated. That took care of the primary '18-M restriction. The second restriction is due to load size and herb consistency. Note I have nothing to comment about concentrates. You guys are on your own. As for me, I like a full bowl. I also grind my herb to powder (consumable level). Lots of kief from being top-shelf and stuffed through a kitchen strainer. Yea, self induced problem. I promise you, the load is -full- when drawn in ... except of course I have to back that off to about 2/3 full to get any airflow. And it is not packed in the least! This is what sets the stage for my relentless search for free moving air in a VapCap. Not the 1/4-cap or the loose bud I enjoy from time to time. These small loads flow way better than the cap's restrictions allow anyway. I'm talking about when the load presents more air restriction than the cap. Here, every little bit helps.

I'll chuck the '19-M in the lathe today and see if there is enough material to do what I want to try. Through a quick glance, I suspect we can open up the breathing of the CCD by as much as 20% for restrictive loads.

As DV'rs ... anyone have any issues with pure silver tips?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@juanavape - available; not that I know of. But I am curious as to how people would feel about vaping not only with pure silver in the air path, but also when it gets heated to say 500'F in contact with your stash.

The material cost is only a small part of the cost of a tip. Silver isn't really expensive specially considering shops have gotten pretty good at salvaging scrap efficiently and recycling precious metals. We're paying what - USD$40 for a Ti tip? It weighs what, 5.5 grams. Silver is at ~$25/oz so roughly 5 tips/oz or $5 material cost. Okay prep for machinable billets, let's double it; $10 raw material to the shop. They turn Ti and make a $40 tip. So that should cap a silver tip's cost at 'reasonable'. '21-M? After all, 21 is is half of the answer.

Last edited:

GtrBob

To be honest, the over purchasing of TP makes me absolutely crazy. What the fuck do people need 5 24packs of TP for? Are they eating it?

89602507_3452156021467581_9113937073311580160_n.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@TommyDee sterling silver is readily available over here in rod or tube form.
The idea has crossed my mind a few times and no doubt I'll persue one avenue, classy stem time.
Hours have been lost looking at antique cigarette holders.

As @Jill NYC says the bad thing is oxidisation. Silver tarnishes to a black colour, when dug out by archaeologist its got a purple colour to it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Silver tastes like metal? :puke:
As @Jill NYC says the bad thing is oxidisation. Silver tarnishes to a black colour, when dug out by archaeologist its got a purple colour to it.
We could ask @Squiby or one of the other proud owners of the silver MP about taste and tarnish if they are around.
Our @Squiby hasn't posted in here much this year so we may need to rely on the other lucky folk.

Oops, I guess she isn't "our" squiby any more. She is modding elsewhere... :cry:

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I can picture a silver tip on a foot long quince wood stem. I could vape and look like Marlene Dietrich.

How about a kryptonite tip?
Marlene Dietrich indeed...you just need to hit up @phattpiggie
000-B3-C1-A-A83-E-4663-B799-5-DAA39-B4-A968.jpg

God damn posting images on this site...somebody give me a new primer on posting pics. Posting pics to this forum is utter bullshit...

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom