GoldenBud

Ah okay, now I understand the „flat side“. So we actually are in the same boat, only most would refer to „the flat side“ as the „top of the tip“, hence my confusion.
Yeah, it's the top of the cap. his patent is registered about the cap, not on the tip :)
that's why i said it's confusing.. it's a tricky part to understand after some tasty bowls :lol::brow:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
That IH looks like a Lucid Customs with a Dynavap skin. It even says Apollo 2 on it...

Yeah, it seems like they *still* haven't gotten where they want to be with their own IH, so they are updating their 3rd party offerings by introducing the follow-up model of the Apollo.

That branding is quite ugly...

Not that I mind anyway, I have a working IH and other IH brands are quite a bit more appealing to me than LC.

StringTheorista

The most clear, albeit clunky, way that this forum has evolved to discuss the heating question is to refer to the “digger-outer”, which is the leg that extends off the cylindrical cap. The closer you heat to the digger-outer (I.e., the closer to the mouthpiece end of the device) the higher temperature you will achieve before the click happens.

martinstraka8282

I actually really like the look of the Apollo 2's and it sounds like previous issues from the Apollo 1's have been fixed. Not so sure about that different cover in the vid though lol.

Personally, I think the Flux looks like the holy grail for IH's so far hands down, and I don't even have mine yet.

I have a PS Mini and it's all I've ever used with my Vapcaps. The battery life, or lack thereof, can sneak up on me at times though. Every 2nd or 3rd night I seem to come up dead. Ya I'm a dummy that could just recharge it diligently, but now that my Dyna's have supplanted all my other vapes as my daily driver, I use them a lot. I now have 4 tips and caps going and use them all daily. 2 or 3 caps per session adds up.

I'm really looking forward to the Flux i'm in line for soon so that I can just swap out the 18650's and keep rolling. That plus the extra life length from one set in itself.

The Flux and Vapcaps are what I see as my vape holy grail after chasing my tail on vapes for the past couple years. The rest are nice to have around for variety, but Dynavap with an IH has essentially won and put my VAS to rest.

janusportal

The Flux and Vapcaps are what I see as my vape holy grail after chasing my tail on vapes for the past couple years. The rest are nice to have around for variety, but Dynavap with an IH has essentially won and put my VAS to rest.
It sounds like the best combination. The VapCap ticks a lot of boxes for me but the fiddling about with lighers and so on has me turning to the Argo more and more.

Any more hints of an official IH at some point?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The new DynaVap IH we've been waiting for! Looks like it will be an Apollo 2 with a special branded top plate.

Meh. Especially if it's a corded model. I love the build quality of my Caldron over a plastic enclosure with a big sticker on top.

I'll wait for a next-generation portable model. ... and it won't have a big sticker on top.

martinstraka8282

Hi Martin - where did you find a list or description of the differences between the Apollo 1 and 2??

I can't find anything about functional differences.
Hey Baron, I feel like I had read about it more extensively somewhere as part of some sort of hands on, but I honestly can't remember atm. The improvements are listed on the product pages for the various Apollo 2 listings on Lucid Customs site though, so I guess if we believe it from the Vendor themselves, it's there. From my previous reading of criticism about the Apollo 1, this Apollo 2 seems to correct the popular issues and improve battery life a fair bit. One of the most common critiques I read was the switch activation in the list below. It is an appealing IH imo, but I just need that flux with the swappable batteries.

Apollo 2 Updates:

Following the successful launch of the Apollo, we bring you the Apollo 2. Updated features include:

• New coil design for better vapor production
  • New capacitor prevents intermittent switch activation issue seen on the first Apollo
  • Improved magnet adhesion
  • Rechargeable battery that last up to 60 clicks before recharging

EDIT: I do believe these have been on sale for a little bit too and are not necessarily new for this Dynavap launch. I'm sure I saw numerous finishes of the Apollo 2 in stock for sale on their site directly, so there should be some out in the wild for impressions already.

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

EDIT: I do believe these have been on sale for a little bit too and are not necessarily new for this Dynavap launch. I'm sure I saw numerous finishes of the Apollo 2 in stock for sale on their site directly, so there should be some out in the wild for impressions already.

Yeah they've been out for a few months at least.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hey Baron, I feel like I had read about it more extensively somewhere as part of some sort of hands on, but I honestly can't remember atm. The improvements are listed on the product pages for the various Apollo 2 listings on Lucid Customs site though, so I guess if we believe it from the Vendor themselves, it's there. From my previous reading of criticism about the Apollo 1, this Apollo 2 seems to correct the popular issues and improve battery life a fair bit. One of the most common critiques I read was the switch activation in the list below. It is an appealing IH imo, but I just need that flux with the swappable batteries.

Lucid's website shows the Apollo 2 in both wall unit and portable models. Hard to tell from the picture. There is a cord coming off it, but could be a charger cord too.

I remember from one of George's interviews with the owner of Lucid, the guy talked about not being satisified with current battery-powered technology.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Seems like DV just announced their own induction heater!

I'm so sad that I held out hope for a dynavap IH and it just looks like a Lucid Customs...
No offense to the guy, but I was hoping dynavap would give us a new form factor to play alongside all the awesome offerings we have here at FC (Pipes Cauldron/Portside Mini, Mr. C's Fluxer, the really cool Mag Heater that is Euro-based, and even the Vaphotbox whose owner I have no idea of). All of those heaters (including the apollo 2, honestly) have slightly different form factors and features that each user can pick and choose from.

No hate on Lucid Customs, though! That partnership is probably really great for him, and I'm glad he got the opportunity. I was just hoping for something new, y'know? Shiny and new!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Aesthetics has its place besides functionality. While the Harbor Freights Box may serve its
Purpose (IMO), it loses in terms of eye appeal. Hi :2c::peace:

The SkullKandy version at least attempts to address that issue. :\ YMMV
Sorry to butt-in?

function is the main function for some?
Bling is 4some?
My BMW SUV has both so I get your point!
I use a “M” due 2 value? ( 4-medical dose)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sorry to butt-in?

function is the main function for some?
Bling is 4some?
My BMW SUV has both so I get your point!
I use a “M” due 2 value? ( 4-medical dose)

to beemer or nuts 2BeamR — some eye appeal?

While still large to be a pocket rocket, it the FLUX Dyna-Heater at least looks like a non-generic
(IMHO) well designed, pleasing enclosure (not a Radio Shak project Box).

But, to each their own. YMMV :cheers::chill::spliff:

12V corded

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
There was no one present to appreciate this. So... Had to share with folks who could relate.

You know that feeling when you're a good 8+ caps in with your morning dose and can't figure out why you're just digging and digging to scoop up freshly ground cannabis only to see the cap still on. Dang!

This morning's Playlist: Nirvana, lots of Simon & Garfunkel, Blind Pilot, and Groundation.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
to beemer or nuts 2BeamR — some eye appeal?

While still large to be a pocket rocket, it the FLUX Dyna-Heater at least looks like a non-generic
(IMHO) well designed, pleasing enclosure (not a Radio Shak project Box).

But, to each their own. YMMV :cheers::chill::spliff:

12V corded
I am FUCKED UP please forgive me I know not anything ATM?
Da “M” will mess one up?
Sorry 2 hurt your tenderness with my harsh language?
Growing up my friends said: “You think too much”
Nothing has changed time since!
GROW UP!
NEVER

“M” = MIGHTY FUN CIVILIZED ACTIVITY!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I am FUCKED UP please forgive me I know not anything ATM?
Da “M” will mess one up?
Sorry 2 hurt your tenderness with my harsh language?
Growing up my friends said: “You think too much”
Nothing has changed time since!
GROW UP!
NEVER

“M” = MIGHTY FUN CIVILIZED ACTIVITY!

Ya, I can relate to that.

People do keep reminding me how 8 year old I am.

I just keep smiling, and puffing on my OG. OmG IM bak-ked?

Glass is Class. Glass is purr, OG = “M”+ :tup: = A++

Last edited:

grogazola

Just picked up an 18M and I must say I’m in love again! It’s just such a perfect piece. The way it feels so symmetrical in my hands. The way it almost whistles (with a slight restriction) right out of the box. It’s very much my thing!

I’m curious about Dynavap in general. Typically, I’m actually impressed with the finished product.

This time there was a small speck of something on my cap. When I talked to Dynavap, they said it was a slight bit of oxide from the manufacturing of the cap. Looked like a gray speck of “shaving” - it wiped off clean. Has anyone seen such a thing on their caps before?

Top Bottom