smoov

Give us some specific questions and we can help you more.

I think I listed a lot of my issues. Is the cap supposed to be that loose? How do I fix that? What is the deal with the air hole? Is the resistance supposed to be this insanely hard? How am I browning my cannabis into dark AVB but not getting any visible vapor or felt effects?

I guess I'm hoping someone will step forward and say, "your dynavap is defective", or something. I want in on this party. I want this to work, but I can't make it work, and as a vapor enthusiast, I see you guys everywhere.

From what you said, you sound like you're doing everything right (except for a few things I noticed, so if you want, I can elaborate on that), so maybe your dissatisfaction is affecting how you handle the vapcap or... It just might not be a good fit for you.

Thanks for sharing your experience, though. I think it's important that we see reviews other than, "This vape LITERALLY saved my marriage" and such comments constantly, because the issues you have with it are legit and reasons that certain uses might not want to go with a dynavap.

Thanks for the appreciation, sure, if you could elaborate... I know I have so many issues, I listed them all in the hopes that someone would diagnose a fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Is the cap supposed to be that loose? How do I fix that?

No, should be relatively tight. If it won't work for you even after pinching it, you may have indeed a defective one.

What is the deal with the air hole?

As I already told you, it's not meant to be left open and nobody claims that it should. Actually there's no wrong way to use it, but it's meant to be manipulated.

Is the resistance supposed to be this insanely hard?

Well, I have an M18 and it's like it is – true, very tight when fully closed, hence they updated the Ms airflow quite a bit with the M19. I personally can work with the M18 without any problem, but I hardly use it with a fully closed airport.

How am I browning my cannabis into dark AVB but not getting any visible vapor or felt effects?

The way you described your torch sounds I'd say: your flame is way to big, probably roasting the chamber before you even take a draw.

MAbud

@smoov take a deep breath. It's a vape and not a life or death matter. Everything has a little learning curve.

think of the air hole a bit like a carb on a bubbler. You can use it to manipulate airflow and hit density, draw resistance, etc.

Pinch the cap to tighten it. This take like 2 seconds. and if it gets too tight simply pinch the other two side to loosen a bit.

if your draw resistance is too extreme try packing the tip a bit less and allow a little more airflow. Put the cap on with no herb in the tip and draw. If that is not super restricted than your hit shouldn't be either

Schlumples

Resident Otter
I think I listed a lot of my issues. Is the cap supposed to be that loose? How do I fix that? What is the deal with the air hole? Is the resistance supposed to be this insanely hard? How am I browning my cannabis into dark AVB but not getting any visible vapor or felt effects?

I guess I'm hoping someone will step forward and say, "your dynavap is defective", or something. I want in on this party. I want this to work, but I can't make it work, and as a vapor enthusiast, I see you guys everywhere.

Thanks for the appreciation, sure, if you could elaborate... I know I have so many issues, I listed them all in the hopes that someone would diagnose a fix.
For the record bud, I much appreciate the revised approach to posting here. From this post I get a totally different feel from you - and I can tell you're just really frustrated/disappointed and want this to work. Hope I didn't come across as being too negative earlier. Also I hope that some of the tips posted above will be of help to you :)

I'm pretty new to these vapes myself or I'd try to help diagnose as well, but I'm not of much use I'm afraid. ("Sloth" is right :rockon:)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@smoov - Most have already been answered - but just to elaborate on a couple of things.
When adjusting cap, remove it from the tip, and pinch opposite side of the digger outer. It should become out of shape a bit - then it should fit snuggly.

If you keep the hole closed, you will get MORE resistance, but bigger clouds. If you leave it completely open, you will get less resistance but also very little vapor. This is part of the learning curve that you will need to figure out what is best for you. I tend to cover it when I start to draw and then “feather” it as am almost done with draw.
But in general - even with hole open,the resistance is significant - especially in comparison to your other vape.

Again, I suggest you check out the Best of thread and @Squiby signature. Squiby has also explained her “mouth to lung” draw in the past few days (I think?) so may be worth looking for it - it may help.

Hope you can power thru this learning curve - it took me awhile, but this community got me on the path and I am glad I made it to the other side!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.

Okay, cool! I'mma quote a few things from your original post and this one that made me :thinking: or seem like they could be wrong:

The cap is super loose and falls off if the dynavap is horizontal to the ground. It pops off on the heatup click. I was able to squeeze it to make it tighter (.....I shouldn't have to do this. Why does your product arrive to me, and now I have to deform it to make it work?), but after a couple cycles it's loose again and I don't know how to fix.
I was gonna say, "You should just have to squeeze it until it is a slightly oval shape and it should stay on, but if it becomes loose on the heatup click and still falls off after, I think you're either not pinching it enough or it might be defective. You should pinch according to this diagram. Try this and see if it stays on better.

Dynavap_desktop_FAQ-v2.jpg

It comes like that because it is easier to bend something than to unbend it, and something so precise is best left to the end user rather than a mass pre-pinching machine that could cause errors for entire batches.

I watched a review of this device on sneakypete's youtube channel. He says you can use "anything" as a heat source... "even a candle". Well ok, my first night all I had was a candle. Tried a couple cycles and got some terps but no vapor and no effects.
Heat up time for non-butane torches really is a lot longer. I think some people say 15+ seconds with a regular lighter and even longer with a candle. That is something worth mentioning.

Oooookay. Here I am driving to a headshop to spend $25 on butane torches. Hrm, I'm quickly gonna spend more on butane than the vape is worth... A single flame and a tri-flame ought to do it... Hrm, nope. Rolling, "inifinite spinning", no matter what, and no matter how intense the heat source, I can't get any significant vapor or effects. I'm holding the cap at a 45 degree angle and heating near the bottom of the cap with a tri-flame torch. That should get me HUGE hits. Nope, nothing...
Even after the click, you're not getting much vapor? Did you do similarly to this diagram?

txeqxr7qza241.jpg

If you are, and you're still not getting vapor, then I have no idea... that might be a defect, then.

What is with the hole? Dynvap's official site says do NOT cover the hole. But then the vapcap functions as the cap alone, no air hole... so... according to your own design, it's not necessary... Some people say cover it, some people say feather it, some people say always keep it open. When I keep it closed (the OPPOSITE of how dynavap instructs me to, but clearly how the intended it to be used) the pull resistance is insane. I can't possibly get enough airflow to even get air into my lungs - in other words I'm pulling for air so hard, fighting for it, but my lungs are like "no we need more oxygen" so I have to stop hitting it to take in air for myself.
The hole is there for user technique. There are different people who prefer different draws. I have read (but have no experience) that the 18M has much more draw resistance than the 19M, so you might want to keep it open. But the point of the hole is so that you can customize how you use it. Most people kind of "feather" it (rocking back and forth over the hole and off again) to get a steady stream of fresh air while maintaining draw resistance.

Even worse, after a couple heating cycles and NO VAPOR, I open up my device and my cannabis has been browned as if it sat in a Volcano for multiple sessions.
It helps to pull on the dyna after the last hit to pull through cool vapor and cool the temperature down. It might be a "hybrid" vape, but I still feel it is primarily conduction. And even if you aren't getting visible vapor, all the heating you're doing is still cooking the herb. I pull through it at the end until the cooling click to make sure the chamber cools off a bit. The SS also tends to cool off slower, so you might still be getting vapor and that's what is browning the herb.

It's not stealthy - Butane torches are bright and loud. My crafty vibrates silently. I mean, vape carts have ended this discussion, but, yeah. A huge CLICK FWOOM is not subtle.
I don't really use this out and about, but yeah, it's not like... secret agent stealthy, especially if you have a more stealthy vape, like your Crafty and my GH. The vapcap isn't supposed to fit all the boxes that exist for vapes. It simply fits a different niche: for example, my dyna has been amazing for me on hikes, but I don't use it between classes the way I use my GH.

It's not safe - Product gets insanely hot, cannot be pocketed or handled casually while in use. 99% of portable vapes can do this, dynavap can't.
It's like a one hitter lol they have dugouts for that type of thing. Dynavap is more known for ease of use and similarity to smoking than trying to be the most stealth/fool-proof item on the planet. I think the mighty/crafty hit that area well enough.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
For the goddamn millionth time, stop with the cap fit bs. Squeeze until it fits. I have 32 caps, and I can make anyone of them fit any of my tips...4 gens of ti. 3 gens of ss and og’s.

They work and they fit. If you can’t figure that out, roll a joint and move the fuck on...

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Oh! And I wanted to add! @smoov If you do all of the above and the draw resistance is still just too bad, there are people on reddit who use a metal file to file grooves into the 18M tip (so that it looks more like the 19M) and have said it makes the draw resistance much better.

y9q6xxj103k31.jpg

"Used a file and very slowly grinded away by hand. I made sure to keep them small just like on the 2019.
Air flow is much much better. Makes the vapor a lot smoother and experience with the o ring mod much nicer. Also seemed to lower the temp ever so slightly that my cap clicks at. If I heated at the very bottom, when it clicked, it would combust and it no longer does."

Still, try those methods above so we can know if your cap/tip is defective. A new cap could be all you need!

I hope your dynavap experience goes a little better now. And if it doesn't, and you decide you don't like it, no problem! There are so many awesome vapes out there now that you can always find one that tickles your fancy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For the goddamn millionth time, stop with the cap fit bs. Squeeze until it fits. I have 32 caps, and I can make anyone of them fit any of my tips...4 gens of ti. 3 gens of ss and og’s.

They work and they fit. If you can’t figure that out, roll a joint and move the fuck on...
You like cage fighting?
After a “M” is awesome!

I rolled joint’s in the 70’s in Hawaii but I was a young gun at the time?
Vaping is all I can do!

Hazey

What up fam. First post, been reading since I got my 2018 M when they first came out. I have been in love with DynaVap ever since.

I no longer use many of my other vapes and only use my Vapman sparingly when the Station is easier for friends to use.

At this point I have many versions of the DynaVap. M has been my go to for so long though I love the ddave wand for use through dry glass. I just got a short Simrell Vortex and WOW! Such an improvement. This thing works wonders with the low temp cap.

I have settled on the single torch Aomai. Was a triple flame learner at first but have mastered the single and it, to me is the way to go.

I have always had interest in the IH, but to me it should be a different product all together. What if the IH was actually a portable electronic version of the DynaVap. What if a specialized stem snapped into the IH housing and a button was used to heat the cap. What if you didn’t have to remove the stem, but instead just use it attached the the IH? Then my wife could use it.

It seems like DynaVap thinks that they have perfected their design, but I wish they would get away from the cookie cutter modularity concept they have created. To me, the Vortex is proof that there can be improvement.

I have always envied the 7 fin and wish they would just make it an option. Same with the laser etched caps. Limited runs are no fun when you miss them.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
VapCaps are my main squeeze.

Used to spend Mighty loads which made my stash disappear in days, not to mention weeks.

Now I wow myself, finding a stash here, and a stash there: a VapCap here, and a VapCap
There. Turns out I am a happy as a lark micro doser? Doze that make cents, or what. :2c:

& my piggy bank is happy as a puppy. :cheers::spliff:

Alexis

Also seemed to lower the temp ever so slightly that my cap clicks at
It probably would not alter the temp the cap needs to reach "to combust or not to combust", (what Shakespeare really wrote), it's more likely that the improved air flow and maybe a change in pressure is dropping the initial temperature of the air and the Chamber just enough to keep things below combustion point.

The cap should always click at the same temperature it requires although there is definitely a variation between different caps.
They all have their own signature and is probably one of the most overlooked factors when we are comparing our different heating Styles and results and preferences.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Hazey - yep, mentioned an IH box as an active vape before. Very doable. Completely removes elements in the vape path. I fear it may be hefty, as in 3x 18650 to be worthwhile. Think of a Fluxer with a plug-in VC adapter. However, peeps have already frowned on this idea. If you put a little intelligence behind it and maybe power the IH with a mod, this is a needed product. Care to start something up?

Planck

believes in Dog
I have always had interest in the IH, but to me it should be a different product all together. What if the IH was actually a portable electronic version of the DynaVap. What if a specialized stem snapped into the IH housing and a button was used to heat the cap. What if you didn’t have to remove the stem, but instead just use it attached the the IH? Then my wife could use it.

Have you not just described most electrically powered vapes. A stem with herb chamber that fits into a heating chamber, the market is full of such devices.
Is your wife disabled is some way that renders her unable to use a Vapcap?
Honest question.

It seems like DynaVap thinks that they have perfected their design, but I wish they would get away from the cookie cutter modularity concept they have created. To me, the Vortex is proof that there can be improvement.

The Vapcap is arguable the best butane powered vape in existence so to a large degree yes it is perfected. I doubt that George ever stops thinking about improvement and refinement. From your post it is so good you barely use any other vapes. Dynavap enables and supports third party vendors, you like the vortex you can buy the vortex with Dynavap blessing. I really have no idea what the problem is. Dynavap could make the tip connection to the stem proprietary and difficult to produce but they do not. Hell you can even buy just the tip and cap.

Limited runs are no fun when you miss them.

If no one missed a limited run it would not be a limited run.

Glad you like your Vapcaps.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Wow! Dont look at the thread for like a day and there are 4 new pages!!

Sorry this is off topic but @Morty, you made my day to hear you speak so highly of the SS. I have not used the Supreme but have read the great reviews. The SmokeStack is still my DD and I dont see that changing.

@stark1 thats cool. I saw your other post. Would you post some photos of it broken down in the Glass Vape thread?

The Vapcap is not for everyone. Each cap and tip combo has its own personality that you need to find their sweet spot. But I have found that I can get consistent huge hits with Ti tips, less so with SS, and have little to no combustion issues.

Planck

believes in Dog
No hate. Never said I didn’t like their products. Quite the opposite. Just that I would like even more dyna branded options. We can both agree?

I don't hate you if that is what you are implying nor did I say that you hate Dynavap if that is what you are suggesting. We are all pretty chill here overall.

There are probably more third party accessories for Vapcap than any other vape ever. Saying "I would like to see even more dyan branded options" is quite different to saying "It seems like DynaVap thinks that they have perfected their design", cookie cutter etc. One of the reasons Dynavap is so successful is George has great ideas and no doubt he will bring more to the market if he feels they are viable.

I think your "idea" is just a description of a product already available from many sources. Buy a Solo, Plenty, Fury whatever there are many that work great. Dynavap is not a "me too" operation and never will be.

What I understand from your post makes no sense to me and you didn't address anything in my reply so no we can't agree because I have no idea what it is I would be agreeing to.

Vapcap is a great device, enjoy it for what it is. Cheers.

WakeVape&Bake

received my Nonavong XLS finally and yep, this is a great upgrade from the "M". i really love the extended size, the wood body and mouthpiece and the TI tip, it is basically exactly what i wanted. the TI tip seems better to heat, the first hit already has a cloud whereas with the tip from the M the first hit was always non cloudy. the Titan seems to have better heating capabilities.

but i don´t think i will sell the M, it is cool as a more stealthy vapcap and if i get bored with the wood i can throw the M body on the Nonavong.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Hazey - yep, mentioned an IH box as an active vape before. Very doable. Completely removes elements in the vape path. I fear it may be hefty, as in 3x 18650 to be worthwhile. Think of a Fluxer with a plug-in VC adapter. However, peeps have already frowned on this idea. If you put a little intelligence behind it and maybe power the IH with a mod, this is a needed product. Care to start something up?

Ya mean somfting like this, mate? (Heater diameter a little small to fit with a cap, but you can adapt it
As a convection gizmo). :evil:

Top Bottom