vapormachina

I'm worried about the chrome and nickel dirty in the airpath with the original stainless steel cap. Also the air restriction in the M. A shorter titanium cap maybe could solve this two issues, for me the two biggest problems of the vapcap.

Soda

Super hyped my @DDave Complete DRY Cooling Solution came in a day earlier than expected! Was not interested in getting a Dynavap SS tip in the past because my Woodscents came with a titanium tip and I was just using that with a glass tube. But now since the DDave mod came with a SS 2018, i'm excited to now try the difference between titanium, 2018 SS and the 2019 SS (RosiuM).

I removed the bottom O-ring from my titanium tip and replaced it with one of DDave's purple O-rings and it fits super snug with the DDave Complete DRY Cooling Solution (for anyone that was concerned about swapping tips). Wasn't sure how the function works from the pics but now seeing it in person this is what I see (for other DDave noobs). After the vapor passes the water wand and enters the 14mm female joint, there's an inlet tube that is housed in a larger bulb/tube with a 4 slit perc, the vapor bounces off the top of the housing tube and back down towards the 4 slip percs. The vapor then goes into the larger vapor area with 3 ice catcher style points with a small tube into the mouth hole. Lots of stuff for the vapor to bounce off of and cool down on and really excited to use it with my Woodscents.

Planck

believes in Dog
in wicht material is it made? titanium or stainless steel? does it have the same meassurements than de original one?? it seems shorter

LT cap is stainless steel with the same dimensions.

You can experiment, make a low temp yourself by lowering the cap mass (shorten it). :)

Expecting "I was shorting my cap and fuxed it up, help" posts soon! :nod:

I'm worried about the chrome and nickel dirty in the airpath with the original stainless steel cap. Also the air restriction in the M. A shorter titanium cap maybe could solve this two issues, for me the two biggest problems of the vapcap.

I saw you posted this on youtube too. I doubt it is possible to make the cap from pure titanium. The ductility is likely to low to draw form the cap. Unless you have a nickel allergy there is no problem imo. Fun fact: Humans have a dietary requirement for some amount of nickel. (The vapcap provides none of your daily requirement.) Most chromium is considered safe too, C6, hexavalent chromium is the poisonous form. There is no C6 in a vapcap, the air path is not "dirty".

I suppose you could get an ELEV8R with a glass screen. Also glass pots and pans with chopsticks. :)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You can experiment, make a low temp yourself by lowering the cap mass (shorten it). :)

A user friendly snow cap. :zzz:
I put a stainless flat-wire in the bottom of the cap. Spaces the bottom of the cap away from the rim of the bowl and away from the first cooling fin. Just bend the wire in an "S" shape and it will hold itself. Something like a watch spring or a salvaged piece of stainless steel sheet from a harvested computer. Just be sure it really is stainless steel by using a magnet and finding it only 'slightly magnetic'.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I put a stainless flat-wire in the bottom of the cap. Spaces the bottom of the cap away from the rim of the bowl and away from the first cooling fin. Just bend the wire in an "S" shape and it will hold itself. Something like a watch spring or a salvaged piece of stainless steel sheet from a harvested computer. Just be sure it really is stainless steel by using a magnet and finding it only 'slightly magnetic'.

I'll do ya one better.

Put an ever-so-slight Bend near the end of the Digger outer, inward.
1572903623016251944911.jpg

Now you can click the cap into position with the Digger outer locking it in at each of the fins.
1572903749466508583467.jpg

15729034452201764342737.jpg

:nod: :tup: :rockon:

Happy Vaping! :clap: :leaf: :wave:

Last edited:

NitroRIP

Hey all, which edition of the M do you guys reckon hits harder -the 2018 or 2019 M? Asking cos I have a shadow 2018 and was considering a phantom 2019 with the new tip -but have come across a few comments that the 2018 has better airflow. If that is the case I won't bother with the 2019 M. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Socks And Sandals

Well I'm not happy with these mixed results with the Omnivap XL TI.. Not sure if it's the cheap dual flame lighter, my technique or any combination of the two... but the performance I've been getting has been lackluster to say the least.

Yes I'm getting high i'm not getting those thick milky hits I've seen in videos.. So far it's only happened twice and that was with the blazer torch which I don't want to use again.

I still have yet to:
1. Use the dyna coil
2. Use the fat mouthpiece in water

From the amount of vapor I've been getting lately, I'm not too hyped about throwing this thing in my glass.. And it's also because of this why I'm not so optimistic of that cap getting hot enough for my sauces... so I think I'd rather wait on using that dyna coil for now...

Hopefully that will come once I'm satisfied with some consistent results for a change out of this thing.

The hits I'm getting are very weak, it's kinda hard for me to keep spinning the cap with a perfect rotation. Does anyone have any good lighter suggestions to use with this thing? Very frustrated with the lack of any consistent results..

Last edited:

nonamekevin

@Socks And Sandals for the milky hits from the Omni-XL, I used a single flame torch turned down low, and heated low on the cap. With constant rotation, sometimes it would take 15-20sec to heat to the second click, which feels like forever. But I was able to produce some large (for vapcaps) amounts of vapor. The Omni-XL actually surprised me a few times with how large the vapor can be.

With a small single torch and heating low on the cap, you do run the risk of combustion. If you feel like you have been heating it for awhile at the base and no click yet, slowly move the flame closer to the cap to initiate the click sooner. Time and practice homie, that's all. :rockon:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Well I'm not happy with these mixed results with the Omnivap XL TI.. Not sure if it's the cheap dual flame lighter, my technique or any combination of the two... but the performance I've been getting has been lackluster to say the least.

Yes I'm getting high i'm not getting those thick milky hits I've seen in videos.. So far it's only happened twice and that was with the blazer torch which I don't want to use again.

I still have yet to:
1. Use the dyna coil

From the amount of vapor I've been getting lately, I'm not too hyped about throwing this thing in my glass.. And it's also because of this why I'm not so optimistic of that cap getting hot enough for my sauces... so I think I'd rather wait on using that dyna coil for now...

Hopefully that will come once I'm satisfied with some consistent results for a change out of this thing.

The hits I'm getting are very weak, it's kinda hard for me to keep spinning the cap with a perfect rotation. Does anyone have any good lighter suggestions to use with this thing? Very frustrated with the lack of any consistent results..

Humor me, once, if you'd like to try one more thing, for those atomic clouds.

First, run 1 heating cycle, to SECOND heat up click WITHOUT actually hitting it.

As soon as you hear that second Telltale click immediately put it on your Magnet or chosen heatsink.

As soon as you hear the cool down click, immediately do ONE MORE heating cycle, this time to the FIRST heating click in whatever way you wish, but down by the bottom of the cap near the Digger outer will be your preferred spot for those clouds you want.

This time, as soon as you hear the first heat up click, remove the flame or heat Source if you're using an IH and hit it.

But here's the thing.

Do not put your lips fully ON the mouthpiece. Rather have them BARELY touching the END of it.

Now draw with air flow going BOTH through the vapcap into your lips via vapor and air flow flowing AROUND the mouthpiece from the OUTSIDE, into your lips also.

Do this regardless of how you have the air restriction on the Omni set. However it MAY be easier for you to find your sweet spot if you have the airflow on the Omni condenser MAINLY closed.

This will sort of manually dial in your drawing sweet spot.

The key here, is hit ever so LIGHTLY. Not HARD. You can increase or decrease your amount of draw, to your comfort level and in response to the vapor you are creating.

But you SHOULD pull some pretty decent clouds that way. No matter what stem or which dynavap you're using.

For the most part, this INCLUDES stainless steel tip and titanium tip both.

Try that once and let us know if you're still not getting those...
tenor-1.gif

:clap: :nod: :rockon:

Happy Vaping! :leaf::cheers:

Last edited:

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
Next newbie question. Having come to the dynaverse late and seeing many amazing things both
OEM and custom, is there (apart from FC Classified) a marketplace for 2nd hand dynastuff?

I have the sinking feeling that people like to hang on to their "lego" - I know I would!

On the bright side, the future possibilities are endless.

TommyDee

Vaporitor

I still have yet to:
1. Use the dyna coil

Fellow DV Newbie here. I never even considered a torch for the VC. The entire idea of -not- combusting for me is to loose the torch! I got the $5 IH heater from China and made it mine. I also went an made a bottom from a glass vile so it is always inserted to depth N. I get clouds! And I get only a few good draws. one is the flavor draw and the next is the power draw. #3 pretty much finishes off whatever useful is left. ABV is brown bordering crisp.

The bottom of my cap is still pristine silvery colored. At the edge, it is well heated blue. The bowl on the body is brown/yellow and all but one fin is clear. The heat from the IH concentrates at the open end of the cap and slows the click down significantly. They both happened within a second of each other. These are some very hot but very fulfilling draws. I also add 1 or 2 seconds to each subsequent heating as that helps release the next compound.

I do need better airflow. I'm going for whole bud-lets to see if that helps. Duffy stuff just blocks the screen.

Edit; don't forget that you also have log options for heat on glass. That is a 3rd heat source for VC's.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Next newbie question. Having come to the dynaverse late and seeing many amazing things both
OEM and custom, is there (apart from FC Classified) a marketplace for 2nd hand dynastuff?

I have the sinking feeling that people like to hang on to their "lego" - I know I would!

On the bright side, the future possibilities are endless.
Many DV collector's have no interest in selling any of their collection...that's where the whole stoner lego concept comes from...when do kids sell some of their legos? After all, you can always build something that you've never seen before when that little box of goodies is opened...

BTW, got my two Rosiums and low temp caps in the mail today. Very pleased with the finish on the Rosiums. Yet to try the low temp caps, probably tomorrow sometime.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Many DV collector's have no interest in selling any of their collection..

I for oner have zero intention to sell ANY of my collection unless I am destitute and have no other choice. Of course, by then I'll have sold my computer and most of my other worldly belongings aside from at least one pair of pants, two or three shirts, and at least one pair of shoes...so I'd then need the assistance of access to a computer in order to sell a vape, and maybe a grinder if my poor heart could stand for me to let one go. It would be difficult, but I could see it being possible.

Otherwise, my poor meager collection still has a long way to go!

Top Bottom