WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I think that what I like the most so far is to have it wide open and use the carb to alternate thicker and lighter vapour. In fact, I usually hit it continuously since the heat-click until the the cool-click closing and opening the carb intermittently... And I get super hits with mega clouds (still tasty and smooth!).
you could have saved your self quite a bit of money and just went with a Ti- Woody.

I keep my carb open at what i would estimate to be 20%...a small bit of air gets in...but vapor stays thick and the hit stays cool...i never adjust the condenser unless i use it with the woodscents...then i leave it all the way closed.

i also like to draw on the omni while adjusting the airflow...this helps me find that perfect sweetspot

once the airflow starts to get tight on its own...i know its gunked and time to clean

EDIT: some bodies have less tolerance than others...for a while mine wouldn't tighten correctly and it was because i had the stem flipped around the wrong way...once i assembled it corectly i rarley have that issue...the only issue i get is sometimes the condenser doesnt want to open unless i pull it and do it manually, but thats a sign of it needing to be cleaned

Last edited:

you could have saved your self quite a bit of money and just went with a Ti- Woody.

I keep my carb open at what i would estimate to be 20%...a small bit of air gets in...but vapor stays thick and the hit stays cool...i never adjust the condenser unless i use it with the woodscents...then i leave it all the way closed.

i also like to draw on the omni while adjusting the airflow...this helps me find that perfect sweetspot

once the airflow starts to get tight on its own...i know its gunked and time to clean

I like the look and feel (as well as the resistance) of titanium. But I'm worried mine may be an oddly-behaved unit.

Reactions: Ricardo

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
However, I think that there may be something wrong with my Omni since spinning the mouthpiece will always create that gap unless I'm very careful with my spinning technique and apply the downward pressure I mentioned before. Is this normal? Does anybody else experience it? Any advise (beyond the wax)?

My new Omnivap blackwood is doing the same and I did use some dynawax

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
adjusting the air flow,

EDIT: When the thread of the condenser full close, the air inlet is max open, when the condenser more extended in to the ti tip, the cold air inlet become restricted. The MP suppose stick with the stem, if it separated from the stem, it is user fail, just push it back to the stem will be fine.
This is an excellent and descriptive video. This should be in the "best of" thread as it clarifies what twisting the valve open and closed does. (and, btw, :love: the music)
thank you @mrb that was EXACTLY it. when twisting my MP it starts to seperate from the body like you said. so i adjusted it and pushed it back in and now i notice a difference in airflow. thanks to you and everyone else after you that said the same thing. still need to test some more as i still find myself covering the carb hole when in my bubbler but it is better than it was so i learned something today
I think you have it now. I'm still adjusting to mine as well but once you see what the valve is actually doing (lengthening the condenser so it closes off the tip) it is much easier to manipulate it and anticipate the result. I originally thought and expected that closing the valve actually covered the air hole (carb) from the inside like when you move an xring. Instead, the action is at the tip, not at the carb.
My new Omnivap blackwood is doing the same and I did use some dynawax
Until it gets a little less tight, while turning the mouthpiece use a little force pushing the MP into the stem, so now they don't separate. There should be no gap between them

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
My experience was similar. I got an Omni blackwood XL (as parts) and assembled it myself. I found the adjustment of the condenser to be tight and often the mp moved backward instead of extending the condensor into the tip. Same with my nonavong stem. I took a qtip with dynawax on it an put some inside the stem and lubed the orings nicely and the function is now much smoother. I do keep a bit of forward pressure on the mp when adjusting, but it's not really needed now. I did try my M stem also and the omni condensor slides very smothly in it. I adjust mine fully closed (mp spun counterclockwise) and then open just enough so that theres a slight (and I mean slight) increase in airflow between carb open and covered - then I forget the carb hole exists. I'm enjoying the Ti tip much more than the SS tip - heats in the same time but takes almost twice the time to cool. I can get two good pulls from the Ti tip before the cooldown click where the SS tip would click part way through my first draw. I see a Ti tip for my M in the near future. Thanks DV!

Call me crazy, but I have the feeling that DynaVap is an investment more than anything else. It requires so little amounts of weed that I have the impression that I'll reduce my weed expenditure between a 25% and a 50% (I still need to see how I'll use the device exactly). The chamber of the FocusVape I originally had is way (waaaaaay) larger than the DynaVap one. At the beginning of my journey as a vaper I wanted big chambers to make sure I was satiated with a bowl, but now (since I got my Omni) I feel that I've been deliberately loosing money these last months...

To make a long story short, DynaVap introduced me to the (truly) amazing world of micro-dosing!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Call me crazy, but I have the feeling that DynaVap is an investment more than anything else. It requires so little amounts of weed that I have the impression that I'll reduce my weed expenditure between a 25% and a 50% (I still need to see how I'll use the device exactly). The chamber of the FocusVape I originally had is way (waaaaaay) larger than the DynaVap one. At the beginning of my journey as a vaper I wanted big chambers to make sure I was satiated with a bowl, but now (since I got my Omni) I feel that I've been deliberately loosing money these last months...

To make a long story short, DynaVap introduced me to the (truly) amazing world of micro-dosing!
You will save a shit-ton of cash using your DV. Two years ago, I started out with a Crafty, then soon had my first e-nano, then an Underdog.......by that time I was saving around 75% on my supplies. December of last year, got my first VapCap. Now between the VC’s, the logs and the boutique convection portables, I only consume between 1 and 2 grams per week to stay medicated most of the day and evening.

Which is how I rationalize my continued VAS!

Last edited:

You will save a shit-ton of cash using your DV. Two years ago, I started out with a Crafty, then soon had my first e-nano, then an Underdog.......by that time I was saving around 75% on my supplies. December of last year, got my first VapCap. Now between the VC’s, the logs and the boutique convection portables, I only consume between 1 and 2 grams per week to stay medicated most of the day and evening.

Which I how I rationalize my continued VAS!

So all you save in weed is spent in VAS healing - LOL!! I guess you're not the only one. XD

WAIT! I just re-read your post... 1 to 2 gr per week? This is very, very, very little, isn't it? With the FocusVape I was spending between 8 to 10 gr. per week (more or less the same as when I was smoking). I'm willing to see by how much I can cut it down. :D

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Call me crazy, but I have the feeling that DynaVap is an investment more than anything else. It requires so little amounts of weed that I have the impression that I'll reduce my weed expenditure between a 25% and a 50%.
The more you save on your weed, the more you have to spend on your DynaVap collection, as many of us here have discovered...

The more you save on your weed, the more you have to spend on your DynaVap collection, as many of us here have discovered...

You tell me? My list of future acquisitions is already over a hundred bucks and I just got my omni 72 hours ago... XD

PS: To be honest, I have not even fully paid my Omni yet...

Last edited:

Dustydurban

To all the new owners out there:
Stay at it. There is a little curve in learning,
but you will have sucess. I've VCed over a year now and still space out and combust
every now & then and generally screw up. All is well. Continue, get an IH and spinning
becomes a non issue.
"Respect the Click"
The only way you screw up this vape is losing it or parts of it
it doesn't break or the battery go dead on you
Peace to all

hinglemccringleberry

My concern is to verify if a filter could help a bit with the harshness of the vapor that I have experimented with my OG
I run a disk of organic cotton between the body and the tip. I think it does produce smoother vapor, and with how quick and easy it is to install them in that location, i change it every few days. I run mostly fine grind and I see AVB particulate collecting on the cotton so I know its worth it

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Well things have calmed down post BF sale.Time to gather the VC family for a group photo. Five glass pathway options below.:cool: Notice the extra length of glass sticking out of VC #2. Which is just a straight glass tube that fits inside the 'M's own condenser. There is an OG glass condenser hidden in VC #3 that sticks out on it's own and is covered by the MP. #4 VC is cropped out of the photo just a little bit, but yes it has a nice bulb end and slides out to 2x in length. VC#5 was a real good find also.SOMEONE SHOULD CLONE THIS ONE. :2c: The very first one on top is an older Arizer balloon adapter that uses a different silicone ring to keep the cap behaved. Can't believe I came up with that one. :haw:
Si7T0jqh.jpg

Hippie

You can use lilly, lufka, lufki, lufezcki .... (they have many names) glass cigarette holders/pipes, in the same way too.

I'm still on the lookout for one with a carb hole, if you see any.
I think I'm gonna have to drill or grind out a carb hole and torch the edges myself as I've been mailing a few sellers and those that have actually replied to me say it's not possible. That's absolute pish tho as there's plenty of pipes that are just as thin with carb holes.
So that's what I'm using atm, glass pipes and homemade cork adapters to hold the tip in the bowl.

Squiby

1) when i close the Omni all the way and hit it i get air through the carb (drilled hole on the side of the body) so i am not sure what you mean by close it all the way and you don't get airflow (like i said i am not understanding what you mean)
When we say OPEN the Omni condenser, we mean that if you turn the mp so that it screws onto the condenser threads all the way, tightly, the air flow will be fully open. The condenser/mp combination will be as short as it can be and it will be positioned as far away from the tip as possible creating an OPEN air path.

When we say CLOSE the Omni condenser, we mean that if you turn the mp so that it screws off the condenser threads, or loosely threaded or barely catching the threads, the air flow will be RESTRICTED. The condenser it's longest and it will be positioned as far into the tip as possible creating an CLOSED air path.

You were understanding the opposite adjustment of what was meant.

1 to 2 gr per week? This is very, very, very little, isn't it? With the FocusVape I was spending between 8 to 10 gr. per week

I microdose all day and evening with my Vapcaps 7 days a week. I rarely consume e than a gram a week.

The Vapcap is not only extremely efficient with your herb, but it lends itself very well to microdosing. You can deliberately lower your tolerance by loading slightly less, every day, slightly less. In no time you will realize that you experience the same effects with wayyy less herb. It is super fantastic and wonderful.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
You can use lilly, lufka, lufki, lufezcki .... (they have many names) glass cigarette holders/pipes, in the same way too.

I'm still on the lookout for one with a carb hole, if you see any.
I'm fond of the idea of using woods usually made for traditional pipes and use tose choices for VC bodies. But yea if what you have fits a certain dimension for the cap or tip, hey perhaps right?

Will keep my eyes open for a carbed glass VC candidate for you @Hippie and y'alll. I feel very lucky to have 5 options to choose from. Still want an OG, Damn VAS creep....

Haven't resorted to corks, but in the Tele-VC I use a tinyl amount of cotton to keep it sliding on the rings and in place. For the simple glass socket, It just stays in place with the cap all tucked inside like shown in the photo. So I remove and insert the tips as needed as opposed to just using the cap. Happy hunting!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
This custom carbless 18mm stem is gone to its new owner. I used western maple crotch wood and birch burl with rings of B20 and copper to make it. I had to grind a new lathe tool to cut the copper and bronze since it was proving difficult for my pinpoint tool. It fought me the whole way but was worth it in the end. Keeping things round is always the hardest part when sanding to a polish.
KrjLaJ3.jpg

Last edited:

analytika

I'm using a newly received cocobana xl midsection replacing the midsection (only) of my omnivap xl.

It seems the carb is much better placed for my needs. Directly mid length. Rather that about 1/3rd the way as in the titanium midsection.

Now, rotating around the carb on inhale to strobe it, I'm positioned at the center of balance. Not true of the omnivap xl standard in my opinion, oh I hate torque.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@stark1, so what are your 1st impressions of the 7 fin tip?

It seems the carb is much better placed for my needs. Directly mid length. Rather that about 1/3rd the way as in the titanium midsection. Now, rotating around the carb on inhale to strobe it, I'm positioned at the center of balance. Not true of the omnivap xl standard in my opinion ...

I completely agree, the carb hole is placed way to high causing me to feeling it's imbalanced. That's why I have a custom stem coming to replace the omni stem. It actually has the hole placed 4mm below the stem's centerpoint. I don't know if the placement will be too low, but I went with my gut & took a chance. I also had it made with a larger carb hole. If worse comes to worse & it needs to be refined further, I'll just have another one made. And, I can't explain why, but I think the triangle-shaped hole is odd.

analytika, does "rotating the carb on inhale to strobe it" mean that instead of feathering your index finger or thumb up and down, you're rolling the barrel so that the carb is opening & closing is a sliding turning motion? Not well described, but I think you know what I mean.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Just got some new Ti CCD screens with the new cutout pattern. Looking forward to alittle bit more airflow over the previous design. Although I hope it doesnt interfere too much with the blunt-like draw resistance of mouthpulling with the carb closed. Blunts were great but since I fucked combustion I had to find a vape that would simulate smoking a blunt. The woody XLS made that happen. (Thank you George)
1 to 2 gr per week? This is very, very, very little, isn't it? With the FocusVape I was spending between 8 to 10 gr. per week
Lmao I used to go through 1 gram every 2 months. Nowadays its more like 1/4 gram per week :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom