banana_republic

Hello everyone!

It always takes a very long time to have that so awaited magic envelope to arrive on my poor third world country. It was not different this time, and I received my "M4AF" order just some few days ago.

As usual, the envelpe went through customs (where the ripped of the original envelope) and sanitary inspection, and arrived free of charges. I noticed George has changed the declaration procedures, and now its name is not anymore used in the "From:" field, but "DV BUILDER", and now they're declaring the full pieces value, which may cause some trouble for people like me, if we order a large amount in products. But, not this time, proably cause of the small package and tiny contents (2 Ms and an XL condenser).

I'd like to take the chance to THANK VERY MUCH, Geroge and all Dynavap staff. You guys keep on rocking!!

Interesting to mention, that the XL condenser (with the wood MP) has allowed me to increase the possibilities and "create" some more models. I believe we'll never be able to achieve a complete DV collection, but I am caming pretty close to it :)

So, here are some images, a family shot, and some of my recently assembled models:

Good old Ti Vong "stem" model became a classy XL Ti Vong with spinning MP

The "M" now has the option to use the wood MP as well. And I liked it!!

Even the glass OG has now the option for the SS condenser and wood MP. The old Vapcap S model came to life...

I even tried the "M" with the OG glass condenser, using the silicone MP, and it worked!

So, I am already waiting for the next sale to grab some more pieces and come closer to my never-to-be-achieved full Dynavap collection :)

Cheers everyone!
G8Kb.jpg

VisiblyVaped

Hey guys,

Loving my M as previously noted and ready to dig deeper into the Dynavap rabbithole! What should my next purchase be? Upgrade for the M? Different unit altogether?

I was in this boat. Almost got an omni but couldn't justify that price. I can control airflow with technique. So I asked myself what the most versatile, bang for the buck upgrade would be. Ti tip? Sure, but after shipping you're hitting close to 50 bucks just for the tip.

My compromise - Ti black woody Nanovong from PIU (free 2-3 day shipping and authorized retailer).
Ti tip, seamless transition from hitting dry to inserting into a 14mm female joint. Better airflow, nice stability.

The mouthpiece is great aesthetically, but I opted to save the 20 bucks. Hits just as well, the difference is like fitting a blunt tip between the lips or a joint tip.

I highly recommend going this route. Nice step up without really hurtin the wallet at all

VisiblyVaped

@VisiblyVaped , You scratched your vas itch & I see you are pleased with your purchase outcome. :clap:
Ahhhh Summer, you are correct.

Although I am pleased with my purchase, more than pleased even, enthralled and enthusiastic with the beautiful piece..........scratching that VAS itch was like just barely getting the coat hanger inside the cast. You can itch it a little, but it's still there. Just sitting there. Festering.

And with DVAS, scratching that itch was like trying to stop arterial bleeding with a Little Mermaid kid's band aid.

I need a dynastash, a Cocobolo wood piece, something from @Ed's TnT, a backup M, an induction heater, a good bankruptcy lawyer, a big cardboard box to live in, free public school for my kid, etc.

If anyone knows El Chapo or an equally well-paying smuggler who could use a fit, strapping, unsuspecting white mule please PM me. I'm grasping here people.

Gigsabits53

Although I am pleased with my purchase, more than pleased even, enthralled and enthusiastic with the beautiful piece..........scratching that VAS itch was like just barely getting the coat hanger inside the cast. You can itch it a little, but it's still there. Just sitting there. Festering.

And with DVAS, scratching that itch was like trying to stop arterial bleeding with a Little Mermaid kid's band aid.

I need a dynastash, a Cocobolo wood piece, something from @Ed's TnT, a backup M, an induction heater, a good bankruptcy lawyer, a big cardboard box to live in, free public school for my kid, etc.

If anyone knows El Chapo or an equally well-paying smuggler who could use a fit, strapping, unsuspecting white mule please PM me. I'm grasping here people.

@VisiblyVaped I feel like you and I are at very similar points right now. I have the VAS itch and I definitely can feel DVAS upon me. I have the M, love it, but that's all I have Dynavap. I do have the induction heater, which I feel is more of a want than a need, but just my opinion.

I was thinking about getting the Omni XL but now I'm not so sure. I like the Ti Woody's and may look to go that route. That XL Omni though, looks so sweet.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Blackwood Ti Woody S is still my favorite VC, tho I tend to use the Nonavong more at home due to its easy mating with a water tool. I do use the M on occasion or out and about in shadier locals. The only VCs I don't seem to fire up are my OGs of which I have two, one pre glass shaving and one post. They will probably remain in a drawer, as I prefer to give away Ms cause I think they are easier to use.

I still want an XL of some kind with an XL DS, and I think I will eventually get an Omni, and I may well do both together, an Omni XL, but I am in no hurry for either and will likely wait for a crazy sale. There is no doubt, however, none, that there will be more VCs in my future.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
So I got an M during the July sale and I'm having some difficulty with consistency. I'm using a single flame torch and [mostly] respecting the click, but most times I just get 4-5 heat cycles of mediocre taste and no visible vapor. The material is always evenly browned. A few times I've been granted a nice, big, tasty hit with visible vapor and I say - "Damn, that's how it's supposed to work!" But I can't seem to produce them consistently. I've tried heating 1-5 seconds past the click - once with very undesireable results - dark black material with cough inducing harshness. I've tired covering the carb and hitting it wide open with no real difference in result. Tried heating different parts of the cap (nice drawing @GreenHopper) too. There was a video posted a few pages back of someone getting 4 or 5 hits off a single heat cycle - I get one [long?] hit before the cool down clicks are heard.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I'm using a single flame torch and [mostly] respecting the click, but most times I just get 4-5 heat cycles of mediocre taste and no visible vapor. The material is always evenly browned. A few times I've been granted a nice, big, tasty hit with visible vapor and I say - "Damn, that's how it's supposed to work!".

You might want to try a triple flame lighter, and aim the flame towards the middle of the cap. I have noticed an improvement with my triple flame versus my single flame with respect to consistency of the AVB and the density of the vapors.

Also, maybe don't pack it so tight too.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So I got an M during the July sale and I'm having some difficulty with consistency. I'm using a single flame torch and [mostly] respecting the click, but most times I just get 4-5 heat cycles of mediocre taste and no visible vapor. The material is always evenly browned. A few times I've been granted a nice, big, tasty hit with visible vapor and I say - "Damn, that's how it's supposed to work!" But I can't seem to produce them consistently. I've tried heating 1-5 seconds past the click - once with very undesireable results - dark black material with cough inducing harshness. I've tired covering the carb and hitting it wide open with no real difference in result. Tried heating different parts of the cap (nice drawing @GreenHopper) too. There was a video posted a few pages back of someone getting 4 or 5 hits off a single heat cycle - I get one [long?] hit before the cool down clicks are heard.

Thanks fella,

Have you had a chance to use different strains? I'm just wondering if it's the material. Do you have another vape that you can try to see if you have similar thin vapor issues?

A also is the material dry, medium dry or quite fresh still?

mucsusn

60 going on 20

@VisiblyVaped I feel like you and I are at very similar points right now. I have the VAS itch and I definitely can feel DVAS upon me. I have the M, love it, but that's all I have Dynavap. I do have the induction heater, which I feel is more of a want than a need, but just my opinion.

I was thinking about getting the Omni XL but now I'm not so sure. I like the Ti Woody's and may look to go that route. That XL Omni though, looks so sweet.

My Blackwood Ti Woody S is still my favorite VC, tho I tend to use the Nonavong more at home due to its easy mating with a water tool. I do use the M on occasion or out and about in shadier locals. The only VCs I don't seem to fire up are my OGs of which I have two, one pre glass shaving and one post. They will probably remain in a drawer, as I prefer to give away Ms cause I think they are easier to use.

I still want an XL of some kind with an XL DS, and I think I will eventually get an Omni, and I may well do both together, an Omni XL, but I am in no hurry for either and will likely wait for a crazy sale. There is no doubt, however, none, that there will be more VCs in my future.
Ah, yes.........the dilemna.........'tis but one answer....... buy everything that you can afford:rockon:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
You might want to try a triple flame lighter, and aim the flame towards the middle of the cap. I have noticed an improvement with my triple flame versus my single flame with respect to consistency of the AVB and the density of the vapors.

Also, maybe don't pack it so tight too.
Thanks for the suggestions - I might have to go lighter shopping. I have indeed tried various levels of "packed" with similar results.

Thanks fella,

Have you had a chance to use different strains? I'm just wondering if it's the material. Do you have another vape that you can try to see if you have similar thin vapor issues?

A also is the material dry, medium dry or quite fresh still?
Yes - I have used at least 5 different strains through the M with the best results coming from a gorilla glue hash sandwich. The material is of various ages (6mo to last week) stored in glass jars - I would consider it medium dry. I've also got a DCv2 (510 box mod) and an UnderDog - both of which produce nice vapor from the same buds - the UD more so than the DCv2, but both more than the M. What I find peculiar - and leads to be believe it's something I'm doing [or not doing] is the same material can produce both good and mediocre loads. For example, the hash sandwich was so tasty I loaded another for the wife - but it didn't produce anything but frustration.

hafalump

I have my replacement cap and now getting consistent results. This thing hits like a tank.
My brother in law just ordered one. Thanks George!
How about a cap that pops up, like those chicken clickers that let you know its done?
Then we could use one in a loud environment if it jad a visual indicator. Probably somebody working on it....

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Thanks for the suggestions - I might have to go lighter shopping. I have indeed tried various levels of "packed" with similar results.

Yes - I have used at least 5 different strains through the M with the best results coming from a gorilla glue hash sandwich. The material is of various ages (6mo to last week) stored in glass jars - I would consider it medium dry. I've also got a DCv2 (510 box mod) and an UnderDog - both of which produce nice vapor from the same buds - the UD more so than the DCv2, but both more than the M. What I find peculiar - and leads to be believe it's something I'm doing [or not doing] is the same material can produce both good and mediocre loads. For example, the hash sandwich was so tasty I loaded another for the wife - but it didn't produce anything but frustration.

Hmm doesn't sound like it's the material then.

Have you dismantled your M, cleaned it and reassembled it yet? Wondering if maybe an O-ring is pinched or the condenser is restricted.

While it's disassembled check the length of the condenser, it should be the same length as the body and tapered at the end:

ajFvpvc.jpg

When putting it back together use a bit of lubricant on the rings, I use Propylene Glycol but you can use bees wax, butter or coconut oil. You don't need much. Check the mouthpiece to make sure the condenser is flush with the end.

If you cover the carb hole with a finger and the end of the tip (no cap) with another finger, then draw on the mouthpiece end are there any air leaks where the tip meets the body?

When heating have you tried heat soaking the tip (heating with lighter for a few sends, pausing a second then repeating until click). Some people find this helps the material to cook more thoroughly. You may still need to go a few seconds beyond the click.

When heating try to keep the VapCap tilted (about 45°) so the flame licks up towards the Tip/Caps closed end (TOC).

Have you modded the VC at all?

Using any filters or additional screens?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have my replacement cap and now getting consistent results. This thing hits like a tank.
My brother in law just ordered one. Thanks George!
How about a cap that pops up, like those chicken clickers that let you know its done?
Then we could use one in a loud environment if it jad a visual indicator. Probably somebody working on it....
Sometimes my cap jumps up a tiny bit on the clicks, it's kinda funny. Nowhere near getting off, and when I would hit it the draw would bring it back down.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Hmm doesn't sound like it's the material then.

Have you dismantled your M, cleaned it and reassembled it yet? Wondering if maybe an O-ring is pinched or the condenser is restricted.

While it's disassembled check the length of the condenser, it should be the same length as the body and tapered at the end:

ajFvpvc.jpg

When putting it back together use a bit of lubricant on the rings, I use Propylene Glycol but you can use bees wax, butter or coconut oil. You don't need much. Check the mouthpiece to make sure the condenser is flush with the end.

If you cover the carb hole with a finger and the end of the tip (no cap) with another finger, then draw on the mouthpiece end are there any air leaks where the tip meets the body?

When heating have you tried heat soaking the tip (heating with lighter for a few sends, pausing a second then repeating until click). Some people find this helps the material to cook more thoroughly. You may still need to go a few seconds beyond the click.

When heating try to keep the VapCap tilted (about 45°) so the flame licks up towards the Tip/Caps closed end (TOC).

Have you modded the VC at all?

Using any filters or additional screens?
I fully disassembled, cleaned and reassembled prior to use. I tried it this way for a week or so after getting it. I've read a good portion of this thread, at least the last 300 pages or so, and last week filed some small notches at the top of each tip swirl as others have. I can hold a vacuum with tip and carb hole covered - the orings look good and the tip fits firmly in the body. Condenser tube is correct length and it's orings are good also. I have tried holding the torch at various angles and distances with both a small and large flame. The device seems simple enough in both design and usage and certainly has a avid and most helpful following. I will say that each of my vapes have some unique characteristics so I've just not figured out this one yet - I'll get there eventually.

If this means "fully cured", then :tup:

But if "medium dry" literally means not all the way dry, then :uhh:

:sherlock:

It's certainly fully cured - but it's not "forgotten in the attic in a film container for a year" dry.

DirtyD

Sometimes my cap jumps up a tiny bit on the clicks, it's kinda funny. Nowhere near getting off, and when I would hit it the draw would bring it back down.
I thought I was just imagining it but it kind of jumps when it clicks. And I see a spark shoot off from the click sometimes, had always thought I was imagining it or hallucinating. ( Please be careful with vapcaps kids, will take you to the Moon and beyond quicker than you'd have guessed..) D.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I fully disassembled, cleaned and reassembled prior to use. I tried it this way for a week or so after getting it. I've read a good portion of this thread, at least the last 300 pages or so, and last week filed some small notches at the top of each tip swirl as others have. I can hold a vacuum with tip and carb hole covered - the orings look good and the tip fits firmly in the body. Condenser tube is correct length and it's orings are good also. I have tried holding the torch at various angles and distances with both a small and large flame. The device seems simple enough in both design and usage and certainly has a avid and most helpful following. I will say that each of my vapes have some unique characteristics so I've just not figured out this one yet - I'll get there eventually.

It's certainly fully cured - but it's not "forgotten in the attic in a film container for a year" dry.

Shit man, then I'm mostly out of ideas.

How are you drawing on it? Mouth-to-lung or direct-to-lung?
  1. For big vapor most prefer to cover the carb and do a mouth-to-lung pull. This usually results in the thickest vapor.
  2. For lighter vapor you can do the above but pull off the carb as you inhale the vapor you pulled into your mouth.
  3. Some folk prefer to feather the carb right from the get go and draw directly into the lungs.
I suggest you try the first method as a baseline to see if you are getting any vapor.

EDIT: P.S. forgot to say that I appreciate you've read a fair bit of this thread and may already know about these tek's, I'm just trying to work through a diagnostic process. Kinda getting towards the end of it without a clue though to be honest.

Top Bottom