Kalessin

Dump that little nug out, crush and put it back in for another hit.
I always see people advocating the nug stuffing then the dump and crush. But if I'm gonna end up having to dump the herb out wherever I am, crush it, and put it back in I really don't see how it's any more convenient than just pre grinding all my bud. People can do what they want of course, I just have never understood why people like it so much. I've never gotten the vapor from unground that I do from ground, and people still end up having to break it further down most of the time so...just doesn't make sense to me

Smokey McVape

New M on the way. First Vapcap for me and looking forward to the simple life. Just a lighter and go. Only wondering how the new vapcap will help me with my VAS syndrome, haha

@Squiby and others, thank you ladies and gentlemen for all the tips and the things to buy with it...

Wonder how long before it makes it here... hmmm?
Be prepared for DynaVAS in the extreme.
Dynavaps are like crack - no matter how many you have you always need more!:rockon:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I always see people advocating the nug stuffing then the dump and crush. But if I'm gonna end up having to dump the herb out wherever I am, crush it, and put it back in I really don't see how it's any more convenient than just pre grinding all my bud. People can do what they want of course, I just have never understood why people like it so much. I've never gotten the vapor from unground that I do from ground, and people still end up having to break it further down most of the time so...just doesn't make sense to me
I've gotten spectacular flavor and ginormous pulls off unground.
You don't have to dump and crush, you can just stab and semi stir it with the caps digger outer. I've done both like most, and have settled into just a nug and stab. Could be also because it's the only vape I have I can do that with, so there's that. Brings me back to just stuffing a bud in a bowl, like back in my combustion days. :myday:

Kalessin

I've gotten spectacular flavor and ginormous pulls off unground.
You don't have to dump and crush, you can just stab and semi stir it with the caps digger outer. I've done both like most, and have settled into just a nug and stab. Could be also because it's the only vape I have I can do that with, so there's that. Brings me back to just stuffing a bud in a bowl, like back in my combustion days. :myday:
I can't taste vapor at all, so maybe that's a large component of why I don't get it

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I can't taste vapor at all
This does not compute.:hmm:

Blue Dream, Diesel, Jack Frost. Mango, all great flavor strains, all different, all shining through on the first two hits. Full nug.
Maybe your heating too high on the cap getting the click too soon perhaps. Mix it up and experiment. That's part of the fun when it finally hits you. As Doc says, that aha moment.

Kalessin

This does not compute.:hmm:

Blue Dream, Diesel, Jack Frost. Mango, all great flavor strains, all different, all shining through on the first two hits. Full nug.
Maybe your heating too high on the cap getting the click too soon perhaps. Mix it up and experiment. That's part of the fun when it finally hits you. As Doc says, that aha moment.
No, I just have pretty much no sense of smell, and consequently a pretty weak sense of taste.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

I dunno.... no reason to harsh on anyone for how they like to do their own thing.

I usually pre-grind too, and have a few different small carriers that work well for out and about - especially with VCs or Mi/MVT. But, sometimes am in a rush to get out the door and will take a couple small nugs. Or, will be partying with someone who has a different strain, may pick something new up while I'm out, or just come across something fresh and unground. I always carry a small grinder in my man-purse (or murse if you rather) - which I always at least have in the car with me (if not on my shoulder).

But, is often more convenient to just toss a small nug in. When on the go like this, it is much easier to vape that nug and dry it out with a couple heats/hits. Then dump it into hand, give a quick finger crush, and suck it back up into the VC chamber for another hit or 2. MUCH easier than pulling out grinder, trying to figure how much of a new strain should be ground for one load, grind, and try to suck it up directly from grinder or find a convenient, not-too-windy, spot to dump onto a piece of paper or even into your hand to suck up into VC from. Hope this helps it make more sense to you - at least in these types of situations.

Whether you do this or not, or it makes sense to you, shouldn't really matter though should it? I like to do my own thing how I like to do it, and let others do the same. Often I find that I can learn something from them, or maybe incorporate some of their techniques into my routine. But, even if not, still don't think there's a right and wrong way to do things like this. If you're getting vapor you like, and doing so without combusting, it's all good, right?

No, I just have pretty much no sense of smell, and consequently a pretty weak sense of taste.

This must really suck in a lot of situations, vaping especially. A friend of mine is in same situation, but she can't smell anything at all (medical condition since birth), and also has trouble tasting things. Consequently, there are many things she doesn't like the flavor of - like chocolate for instance. Weird, but I totally get it.

Be prepared for DynaVAS in the extreme.
Dynavaps are like crack - no matter how many you have you always need more!:rockon:

MAN!!! This is the truth! Other vapes may make you want to pick up an accessory or two, or even make/build something special for them. But, fuckin VCs!!!!!! Think the last time I felt like I needed every damned thing - and more than one of many - was when I was a kid with GI Joes. And, I'm talking old-school 12" GI Joes. Had probably everything you could have between brother and me. Every Christmas, birthday, money we could scrounge from whatever little odd jobs was time to add to the collection. Understandable when you're 9-10 (even 12) years old. But, now? I got no excuse!

Think it is more of George's genius. For a while I think I thought he was being mean or cruel taking advantage of us. :) Now, I can't even bother to think about such things. Just know I want more! Don't know if this is some sort of weird internet based cult, or he has just figured out how to brainwash me & others - nor do I really care. But, I'll tell you this..... I can't wait to see that cool new textured Ti body on my OMNI! Out of everything I've been purchasing recently (and I've been on one of my worst VAS/GAS/VCAS tears lately), I'm most anxious for this little bugger - even though some of the other things will get more use and be much more key to my whole vaping experience.

Best part? I know I'm hooked and don't mind at all. Hell, I really love it!

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so while staring at the "M" in my cart and debating (along with a Dynastash in the cart as well) all the things i read and knowing how i am about stuff, i dumped the "M" out of my cart and blew open the budget some. i did not go with an Omni even though i know i will eventually want one if i like these things... instead my eyes kept going back to Ti Woody-S CocoBolo and decided to pull the trigger on it. It's an "Uni" and not an "Omni" which i dont see you talking about as much but it looked good to my eyes and wasn't horrible on the budget so i said "Why not?" i hope i am going to not have buyers regret

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
so while staring at the "M" in my cart and debating (along with a Dynastash in the cart as well) all the things i read and knowing how i am about stuff, i dumped the "M" out of my cart and blew open the budget some. i did not go with an Omni even though i know i will eventually want one if i like these things... instead my eyes kept going back to Ti Woody-S CocoBolo and decided to pull the trigger on it. It's an "Uni" and not an "Omni" which i dont see you talking about as much but it looked good to my eyes and wasn't horrible on the budget so i said "Why not?" i hope i am going to not have buyers regret

Think you made an EXCELLENT choice. "M" is amazing, and is the best vape you're going to find for $40 (or even $50). And, OMNI is cool. I do LOVE mine.

But, think you get your money's worth to upgrade to the Ti tip, and wood is just so cool and lovely. I don't think you'll have buyer's regret at all - if you like the VC experience. Most do, but a couple haven't.

Either way, I think if I was suggesting a first VC for someone who has a good bit of experience vaping - I would suggest an UNI (or Ti woody as we usually call them here). Actually, think I may have suggested this to you or someone else in past few days. I had an OG glass (now discontinued) for a couple months and thought it was OK. Stepped up to the Ti-woody, and have been hooked ever since.

FWIW, if you don't like it I'm guessing you could recoup all (or certainly most) of your cost here on the classifieds. Never know with George, but next sale may not be until Black Friday, and am sure someone will love to have a nice Ti-Woody at less than regular price between Wednesday and then.

Thanks for the info. Does anybody know if an Omnivap XL can fit in these storage tubes? https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/dynakit-basic

If not... do they sell XL sized storage tubes?

And finally... is the Dynastash XL worth the investment or is it too bulky to be carrying it around?

I'm almost certainly pulling the trigger on this today

XL will not fit into these standard tubes. I think they will fit into the large Snap Stash, but not sure. It's discussed somewhere back in the thread, and @Squiby or someone else will probably be along shortly with the complete answer.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
XL will not fit into these standard tubes. I think they will fit into the large Snap Stash, but not sure. It's discussed somewhere back in the thread, and @Squiby or someone else will probably be along shortly with the complete answer.

Correct on all fronts bud.

@pickmita It's worth pointing out that the VapCaps do ship in their respective tubes so you do get one with the purchase by default.

MrMonss

@pickmita this is the XL storage tube (the grey one) :
img-20170627-104158099_imagesia-com_1ebzx.jpg

:peace:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thanks for the info. Does anybody know if an Omnivap XL can fit in these storage tubes? https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/dynakit-basic

If not... do they sell XL sized storage tubes?

And finally... is the Dynastash XL worth the investment or is it too bulky to be carrying it around?

I'm almost certainly pulling the trigger on this today

They'll fit into the XL dynastash. There's only 1 currently for sale on the website:

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/dynastashxl-bocote

I think George recently said he had more XL's on the way.

I don't own one "yet", but judging from the pics, it doesn't look like it will be bulky at all to carry around. That's what I intend to do, but albeit, I do carry a purse.

You can always contact Dynavap & ask the dimensions & when they'll have new stock up.

I just came across a post which stated that the magnet will not work with titanium, only ss:

"None of my VapCaps sit upright on the Dynastash to make filling the chamber possible. The Omni's titanium body and mouthpiece are not magnetic at all." -- Vapor_Eyes

Personally, I don't care if it stands up or not, just want the transportable storage & protection.

zmeYXzm.jpg

Ursula

My understanding is that the magnet works on the steel cap of all VapCaps, whatever the style or material, as the cap is always the same. This will hold it with the bowl end down, making for a place to rest it between hits. However, it won't hold any of them upright from the mouthpiece end-- I just tried it with my M on my cedar Dynastash, and nope, didn't stick.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My understanding is that the magnet works on the steel cap of all VapCaps, whatever the style or material, as the cap is always the same. This will hold it with the bowl end down, making for a place to rest it between hits. However, it won't hold any of them upright from the mouthpiece end-- I just tried it with my M on my cedar Dynastash, and nope, didn't stick.

Correct! For the most part, better stainless steels are less magnetic.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hmmmm was just looking over my order and realized i may have made a mistake... when i was making my purchase at the end it said "dont forget to add a screen pack" so i did and just realized i ordered a SS screen pack. since i ordered a VP with a Ti cap, should i have ordered the Ti screen pack instead?

also... they offer 3 different lighters with the dual torch being the most $$. is that the recommended lighter? i forgot to add one of those too

turk

turk
...it will still work...but yes...the ti ones are preferred ....(al least by me)....order another pack...

....sorry for double post...want to correct discrepancy ....the ti tips do stand-up in the dynastash...all I have really are ti-tips...and I have the wenge XL dynastash....can probably be convinced to post picture....although real high right now...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
hmmmm was just looking over my order and realized i may have made a mistake... when i was making my purchase at the end it said "dont forget to add a screen pack" so i did and just realized i ordered a SS screen pack. since i ordered a VP with a Ti cap, should i have ordered the Ti screen pack instead?

also... they offer 3 different lighters with the dual torch being the most $$. is that the recommended lighter? i forgot to add one of those too

I like the Ti screens better, but SS work fine.

Lighters? That gets very personal. I like a dual torch better, and just ordered the one DV offers (rather recent addition from them). But, usually go for the duals from everywhere else. Have a DV triple jet that I also like (same as offered now). It heats a little faster than my other duals, but wouldn't say 50% faster if that makes sense. Single torch can work well too, but takes longer. I'd stay away from 4 jets until you get the hang of VCs.

Most important thing whichever way you go is to use better quality butane. Don't get Zippo, Ronson or Benzomatic. Get something that is at least triple filtered (quintuple filtered Vector is what I usually use). You'll have less headaches in the long run. More info on lighters for VC here and should check out cleaning filling info here.

Summer

Long Island, NY

I asked right before the sale if the screens were interchangeable & was told that they are. And I recall being told that he preferred the SS as they firmer.

1) Log in to dynavap & add the titanium screens to your cart. If you order has not been processed yet you will see a notation that you already have an existing order & you item(s) will be added to your existing order so you won't have any add'l. ship charge. Then go through the payment process.

2) And then, if you choose, you can contact dynavap through their website & ask them to remove the ss screens from you order. For me, based on this member's experience, I ordered both the ss & titanium screens for my Omni XL & will decide my future preference. They won't go to waste.

As far as lighters are concerned, it's a matter of preference: some like dual, some like triple & some like quad flames. Since I don't know what I like YET, I ordered the dynavap's quad & just ordered a triple triangle from ebay. A dual & triple in-line are still in my future. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom