aspire2b

I was stupidly heating the end of VC M and it went white hot, Ive since learned to heat the middle etc because of this wonderful thread which I hope to read a bit tonight.

Is there any danger in what I've done? i.e. have I damaged the VC or worse, me?

Also, would anyone know if the cap of the VC can be Ultrasonically cleaned?

Appreciate any help!

edit: i'm not trying to remove the patina, I take it must be some sort of bimetallic, worried the US cleaner may damage / separate it?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I was stupidly heating the end of VC M and it went white hot, Ive since learned to heat the middle etc because of this wonderful thread which I hope to read a bit tonight.

...............................................................................................................
Overheating the cap CAN destroy the two internal clickers, where they no longer work properly.
Do a couple dry runs with no herb and see if yours are still "clicking".
Overheating usually does not wreck them but it can.

Good luck
No danger to you if they are wrecked, just that VC won't work properly

Squiby

Also, would anyone know if the cap of the VC can be Ultrasonically cleaned?

Appreciate any help!

edit: i'm not trying to remove the patina, I take it must be some sort of bimetallic, worried the US cleaner may damage / separate it?
If your cap still clicks, you're good. If not, get in on the sale and get another clicking cap.

Your Vapcap will still work either way, but if you damaged the cap you will no longer have a temp indicator. In which case you could heat by counting out seconds. For example a quad lighter will typically heat to toking temps within 3-4 seconds, while a single jet may take around 10 seconds.

I doubt that you broke your Vapcap, but load some herb, heat 'er up and give it a try and give us your results.

The cap does not require cleaning unless you want to remove the patina. I've never cleaned mine. Not necessary.

Yes, there are two metal disks sealed inside the top of the cap. When heated they buckle, creating the click.

Sketch420

Jhooks are are a useful combo with the VC if you have sensitive lungs, and are indoors; adds a bit of length, and raises the curiosity factor, in public.

Certainly wouldn't want to be packing one in your pants as you tear down the long, bumpy, hill on your 29er.........

Damn. I missed the $20 M! :bang::haw:

A happy 4th of July (SALE), Y'ALL!

ArBOwOl.jpgIMG]

I think biking and the VC go hand in hand, not jhook though. When u stop for water have a VC break as well. Fits in such a small place and is so lightweight, perfect for outdoor activities. @Least that's one thing i really enjoy about mine.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
All I can do is look at this piece while I wait for my Omni XL to arrive. I stuck my regular omni in the body to get an idea of what it will look like. This blank had a large crack happen in the bottom section of black wood and isn't acceptable for sale unfortunately.
b2mcC9a.jpg

Bronze, Burl, and Blackwood Omni XL

Edgedamage

It's true you don't need to grind your weed. I tore a piece off a bud. And using my stainless steel screen, I made the bowl size less than half. And got nice vapour, and a golden brown nugget after. I swear the amount of vapour the M produces I am always convinced it's burnt. Nope just golden brown, and that's with using a triple flame lighter.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
........................................................................................
I succumbed to the pull of the 2 jet lighter also. Orig had trouble with it being much more than the triple flamer.
Anybody have the 2 jet? It looks like it MIGHT be a much higher quality piece, is it??

Bought so much that I thought, so what's another $16 :)

Anybody else that was waiting for the XL Omni but not sure about the new twisty swirl Ti effect? I like basic scientific glass over the fancy-arse worked colored pieces and like more traditional VapCaps vs the swirls. Might get used to it BUT hoping for a traditional XL Omni in wood or simpler Ti form.

I really love the 2-jet - think it's perfect for the Ti tip, at least on my Omni. In fact, I've been so impressed with George's taste in lighters that I popped for the quad this time. The triple in-line is the one I like best for the M (so far). Of the two, the 2-jet seems unwilling to take a full tank...or the tank is tiny...or it sucks butane faster than the triple. The triple's clear tank is a wonderful thing.

I couldn't swing for the new Omni XL, but I DID go for the new barrel design - daft, but I just wanted it, seems to be designed for easier rotation of the 'Cap during heating...and I got one of the new tips, too (anybody want to buy an unused Ti 7-fin?), just because I want it. 'Cause, SCIENCE! Plus it means I have practically a current-release Omni in addition to the one I bought in Jan.

So now I'll have 1.75 Omnis (?) and four M (oh, yes, got another), one for spouse, if she'll use it, one for guests, two as gifts
(on waiting for sale goods to arrive): I try not to think too much about that part.
I find the wait goes better when I'm not in the metaphorical back-seat, constantly asking if we're there yet: chill out, 'Cat, it'll get here!

Last edited:

ZC

I was so satisfied with my first run OMNI that I thought I'd never get another vapcap -no need.

But the sale pulled me in and I'm picking up the newer tip and the new style Omni Body. I just love the 3D cnc'd shape of the newer body, and I always wanted the adjustible CCD style bowl instead of the fixed ceramic screen my tip has. Didn't feel the need to replace the moutpiece/condenser though the newer mouthpiece does look more natural and comfortable.

needalift

All I can do is look at this piece while I wait for my Omni XL to arrive. I stuck my regular omni in the body to get an idea of what it will look like. This blank had a large crack happen in the bottom section of black wood and isn't acceptable for sale unfortunately.
b2mcC9a.jpg

Bronze, Burl, and Blackwood Omni XL
That is beautiful !! Nice work .

VisiblyVaped

Well, you can still get it for $40, but the $20 was a customer appreciation sale that only lasted 20 hours and ended last night.

$40 is still a great price for this vape that usually sells for $50 (and THAT is a great price too, but regular price).
I don't doubt that it is worth the money but I just got a Flowerpot and an Xmax v2, and my fiancé is literally having our first on Wednesday. I just can't spend 40 tonight....
:shrug:

But damn I wanna try this. Maybe my Arizer Air will fetch me 40 bucks on classifieds. ...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Been workin me buns off (i.e., outer de loop), someone please clue me in, was is an M4AF....

Latest version of the M1? VapCaps quantum evolution's hard to keep up.

What's next? Dark matter VapCaps? :cheers:

stark1,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
It's true you don't need to grind your weed. I tore a piece off a bud. And using my stainless steel screen, I made the bowl size less than half. And got nice vapour, and a golden brown nugget after. I swear the amount of vapour the M produces I am always convinced it's burnt. Nope just golden brown, and that's with using a triple flame lighter.

True of course (as is damned near everything in this thread).

Dump that little nug out, crush and put it back in for another hit. Usually you'll get at least one more if you haven't totally killed it taking it past vapor production. It depends on material, how big nug is and how you're heating. But IME, you can get 1 wispy hit, 2 good ones, and a 4th after crushing it up from a nug that fills about 1/2 full depth chamber.

Smokey McVape

been thinking about this "M" that is on sale. i am wondering if i will like it? being all stainless steel, will the tip by your mouth be hot since you have to apply heat to the bottom? i know the Omni with an adjustable airpath sounds so much better, but seriously... i can't afford one. the M is about all i can afford at the moment
George kindly sent me an M a month or so ago as I was having issues with the og glass Dynavap. I can highly recommend the Dynavap M as a standout budget vape. This little gem will get you really high from so little it will amaze you. Don't think about it - buy one.

Top Bottom