vaporist4LIFE

Vong came today...
Oh I how miss the vapcap signature :) :D
Pairs so easily with water haven't tried it dry yet !
Still with the single flame zico :)
Is slightly longer for the stash I got.
Do xl vongs not fit xl stash's?
Don't even care at this point :o :D
Afghan flower bowl topped with nightmare cookies wax ..much love all
:peace:

Krazy

I'm using a quad lighter but my point of contact is where the flame starts to shift out of the visible spectrum. I can give it a quick swipe midvape, about 4 seconds in, and keep it going for a full cap without combusting.

I am also liking my Omni waaay more than my M now. While the learning curve on the M is non existent for a drunken brain damaged monkey? A faint learning curve for the monkey exists with the Omni. And apparently I am that monkey, lol. Really liking the spin function on it.

sunliight

Below is a link to some Vapcap tips.

It seems to me that you are overheating your herb. This can happen in a number of ways. Your herb may be overly dry and there more sensitive to the amount of heat you are applying. If you are heating the bottom of the cap each cycle you may need to apply heat higher up on the cap to achieve lowers temps. A high flame or engulfing the Vapcap in a flame may be too intense.

Back off, lower your flame. Heat higher on the cap.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-434#post-1080394

This is exactly what I was looking for here, many thanks

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I was about to give away my first hand-made vong ...
But ...Oh,well,I decided to file it some more ,to trim it's shape .
And then sand it -again- till natural luster surface finish is achieved.
So far ,so good.
But by the time i was finished with the "revisiting" of the vong I decided that it's -definately-
a keepers .Actually,by now it has become my favourite.
Very precise carb control ,awesome feel in hands and although of it's cigar shape ,
I find it quite easier to roll.
It's my precious !

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
It seems like it's cost saving as it would reduce the machining time per cycle. IMO the 7 fin Gen 4 is much much more attractive than the 5 fin Gen 5. It makes me glad that I still have two brand new Gen 4 tips as they look much more refined and might never be sold again with 7 fins.

It feels like the Gen 5 tip has some identity issues as there's very few visual cues as to whether it's Ti or SS. I find myself mistaking the Gen 5 for the SS M tips. IMO the change has caused a lack of identity within the Dynavap lineup and makes the Gen 5 Ti tip feel less "special" or "refined".
Can't really see how a cost saving would result: they still start with the metal they have, they just cut it differently - and they sell it for the same price. Seems to me the reason would be to alter the thermal performance: quicker heat-up, maybe a quicker cool-down, making it more responsive, or at least on a different response curve.

If I had to figure, I'd figure it would heat up the same but cool more slowly...

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Vong came today...
Oh I how miss the vapcap signature :) :D
Pairs so easily with water haven't tried it dry yet !
Still with the single flame zico :)
Is slightly longer for the stash I got.
Do xl vongs not fit xl stash's?
Don't even care at this point :o :D
Afghan flower bowl topped with nightmare cookies wax ..much love all
:peace:
Glad it arrived safe and sound.
That blows that the xl stash you purchased for the xl is too short.
I think I'd have to return that and get something else. That's most of an M, a Ti Tip, couple caps, etc if you return it.
Enjoy the Vong!

jwr38

How long does it take to send out a vapcap now? I want to get one for a friends 40th birthday in 3 weeks. I live in Germany and last time I ordered it took a few weeks before it was sent. I want to know if it is worth buying for a present (aka arrives in time)

jwr38,
Reactions: Derrrpp

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
How long does it take to send out a vapcap now? I want to get one for a friends 40th birthday in 3 weeks. I live in Germany and last time I ordered it took a few weeks before it was sent. I want to know if it is worth buying for a present (aka arrives in time)

Think times continue to fluctuate based on availability and other things. I'd email them to check, and would be willing to bet that if everything is in stock they'll do whatever they can to get it to you in time. DV rocks and provides the ultimate customer service, IME.

Farid

Lately I've been using a 2 jet torch. Definitely gives more control and consistency than the 3 jet, but the flavor suffers just a bit because of the increased heat up time. I find I prefer to give up a little flavor for a little more consistency/predictability.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Can't really see how a cost saving would result: they still start with the metal they have, they just cut it differently - and they sell it for the same price. Seems to me the reason would be to alter the thermal performance: quicker heat-up, maybe a quicker cool-down, making it more responsive, or at least on a different response curve.

If I had to figure, I'd figure it would heat up the same but cool more slowly...
While I agree that it would remove some thermal mass from the system it still seems like it's cost saving/production streamlining measure. Cutting the material differently can make big changes in ease of manufacturing.

The smaller slots are harder to machine and the tiny cutter used would be less robust than a larger tool, thus slowing down the machining speed and requiring more frequent tool replacement. If you can use a larger bit which can remove material faster and cut 2 less grooves you've improved your cycle time. There's also the added benefit of having the same tooling for both types of tip rather than having two types of tool on hand.

Last edited:

WarpaintFree

Since 'M' arrived, it's become my absolute daily driver. My FF2 has been relegated to only two roles: if I want to have an indulgent, flavour-filled experience with a new strain, and, nightstand duty.

The former because the FF2 does produce substantially more flavourful vapour than the M. The flavours are more clear, more pronounced, and more nuanced than with the M.

The latter because on occasions when I wake up at 3AM with an anxiety attack, the last thing I want to be doing is messing with a torch! I can just pick up the FF2, take a nice hit of knockout meds, and get back to sleep in a few minutes, even in the dark.

Otherwise, the M has completely blown me away in so many ways.

It gives very decent vapour, and using it has a nice, methodical, almost ritualistic experience.

She is just incredibly efficient. I think this owes to how very evenly and thoroughly the ground flower is heated. The AVB is far more uniform than from any other vape I've tried. The combination of airflow and condensation results in wonderful extraction. The size of the oven is great for small doses. I can load this to work effectively with about 1/2 the bud that the FF2 needs.

Even moreso, I'm just endlessly impressed with how ingenious this device is. The excellent functionality and mechanical simplicity is simply beautiful.

ETA: The price of the M is also a wonderful thing. A device this great at a very attainable price puts the use of cannabis in a less harmful way well within reach of so many.

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
The latter because on occasions when I wake up at 3AM with an anxiety attack, the last thing I want to be doing is messing with a torch! I can just pick up the FF2, take a nice hit of knockout meds, and get back to sleep in a few minutes, even in the dark.

If there are times you don't want to mess with a torch, you might be interested in a Portside or Skeletor induction heater.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-induction-heater-for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211

WarpaintFree

If there are times you don't want to mess with a torch, you might be interested in a Portside or Skeletor induction heater.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-induction-heater-for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211
I saw that thread. Honestly while the idea of induction heating is obvious and mildly entertaining, in the context of what I really love about the M, having an electrical appliance to heat the cap is totally antithetical.

Like putting makeup and stripper glitter on the Venus de Milo.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Well, considering that the Venus de Milo originally had a painted face (along with the rest of her) and jewelry draped all over, this might not be the best example to cite...

But I get it, you like the flame and the ritual. So do I, for the most part. :rockon:

Beat me to it! Either way, I see nothing wrong with her being re-painted and bejeweled. Get why some may, but no wrong way to vapcap if you're getting good vapor and not combusting. If either are a problem, adjust how you like to fix and vape on!

Bagonmaster

I thought about adding several more carbs but tiny ones to create a turbine ... of course I forgot to do it. With some advice from @phattpiggie I have not put any carbs in for some of my pieces and it works just fine but maybe a tighter draw.

Just back from the bench. Practicing in clear before I commit to color for shaped body (yes, @SloJimFizz ... the end is a gong). The second pic is one of my clear gongs for stock.

IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

The other day I used jade (on the left) and today out of the kiln is mint and a short cobalt body (sorry, the pic seems over saturated. Took it in dim light.

IMG_0581.jpg
Will you be selling cobalt 14mm vong stems at any point?

vaporist4LIFE

Glad it arrived safe and sound.
That blows that the xl stash you purchased for the xl is too short.
I think I'd have to return that and get something else. That's most of an M, a Ti Tip, couple caps, etc if you return it.
Enjoy the Vong!
It's all good , this lady hits hard !!! Got two new torches and my first triple torch I've ever used with a vapcap. Faster heat cycles , larger hits /smaller amount =
:o :D :)

Top Bottom