FreddieFresh

Hey, before I pull the trigger, is the Ti Tip pictured on the site the LAST generation, gen 3 rather than gen 4 which is current? I think it is the same one I got on BF and the only reason I'm getting one is the new one looks like better airflow.

Considering the constantly evolving nature the dynavaps products, there's probably going to be some pics that need updated, but all Ti tips currently going out are Gen 4

Alexis

@MinnBobber , @Dynalowrider , @mucsusn , and last but not least @needalift , thank you all very much for sharing your own apporaches to soaking etc, I really appreciate you all!
Since owning my Omnivap, I have always leaned towards not worrying too much about soaking the orings, and wait intil I encounter a problem before I start considering removing them first.

And my 2 soaks so far were overnighters, and no problems yet!
I will stick to shorter soaks in future, and use the pipe cleaners I will be picking up this time.
I just didnt want to mess up my friend's new M's this time.
You have all given me plenty of useful ideas and reasurrance, very much appreciated!
And of course, Happy Easter! :):tup:

baxter

@baxter . I have my screen set at the second position and use the suck like a straw method to load , no tamping , and manage to get 5-7 clicks per load . I agree this method is so much more efficient . Somehow I manage to get 1-2 clouds per click also .

Thanks. You also gave me a good idea, that i should combine clicks 7 and 8 into a single session. I normally do 1 click and set it down for an hour. But instead of 30 minute sessions with clicks 7 + 30 minute with click 8......Instead I am going to try a single session with click 7 and then light it again and take click 8 in the same session and hopefully I will stay medicated for an hour that way

Squiby

I've tried different techniques and different torch lighters (single, double and triple flame) but this thing COMBUSTS way too easily, taste is
I have had my Vapcaps for a year. I toke up daily, every couple of hours using my ti tipped Vapcaps. I have never combusted. To burn weed in a Vapcap you are heating for too long, not stopping at the click or you are using too much fire.

Assuming you are respecting the click, perhaps it's your lighter technique.

Regardless of the number of jets, my lighter flame is kept as low as possible, around half to three -quarters of an inch long. Don't engulf the cap in fire, rather just lick the cap with the inner blue flame.

I start by heating the bottom half of the cap, if using a single flame make sure you zig zag over the bottom half of the cap while twirling. Do not heat a single spot on the cap while you twirl. The subsequent cycles heat the middle then the top half of the cap.

I'm sorry that the Vapcap is not working for you, but I do encourage you to keep trying. Hopefully we can help you figure out what is amiss…
does the M even have a C-clip to hold the SS screen in??? I have not removed mine yet.
No, the CCDs are held in place by a friction fit. Only the old ceramics screens had a retaining clip.
As someone with fairly large hands I am wondering if I should go for a woody xl instead of a standard Omni, since I can't get an Omni xl :( . Anyone have any input?
the XLS models are only three-quarters of an inch longer, or 17mm. But that extra length does make a significant difference in handling. If have large hands, I would recommend a Ti Woody XLS.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Hey, before I pull the trigger, is the Ti Tip pictured on the site the LAST generation, gen 3 rather than gen 4 which is current? I think it is the same one I got on BF and the only reason I'm getting one is the new one looks like better airflow.
The first one pictured is the V3 Ti tip. The other three pictures are the V2 tip. The V4 tips are the only ones being sold now.

Left to right, a glass bowl I played with the idea of, then 1 to 4.
o3IRtVW.jpg

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/titanium-tip

Ricardo

I can always get at least 8 clicks with a chamber filled 80 to 90% of medium grind.
When you say that, do you mean you heat it, hit it and walk away.....then come back later and fire it up again? Or do you do the 8 cycles in one session?

For me the secret is to find out the maximum amount of vapor that my lungs can absorb in each hit and to use just that much in every toke.

THIS! And this is why I have my OmniVap chamber reduced to minimum capacity (0.03g according to the Squiby Report). Also, microdosing is all the rage :D Less is More :peace:

Alexis

Also, microdosing is all the rage :D Less is More :peace:
I feel that microdosing can work better with some vaporizers than others.
With the vapcaps it works very well indeed, due to the vapcap's extraction being so complete, and therefore effect so full and satisfying.
With other vapes that dont extract so fully, there can be something missing, and the only way to make up for that is to take a larger dose.

Kind of like organic veg being far more nutrtious, and non organic never really providing enough sustenance at any level of intake, with a downside from the useless surplus.

Squiby

The 3rd generation tips were the first to be manufactured in-house. They had more exterior channels and three screen settings in the chamber. These were distributed during the Black Friday sale last fall.

The new 4th generation tips introduced the deeper groves and replaced the 3rd gen tips. They began distribution in the New Year. All Ti Tips distributed now are the 4th generation tips.

baxter

When you say that, do you mean you heat it, hit it and walk away.....then come back later and fire it up again? Or do you do the 8 cycles in one session?
:peace:

Yes, for me one session = 1 click And I get about 3 hits from the 1 click. I try to wait 1 hour before starting the next session.

This is with Light Dep Greenhouse weed. If i was smoking the shwag from the streets I probably would have to re-up before the 1 hour

Ricardo

Yes, for me one session = 1 click And I get about 3 hits from the 1 click. I try to wait 1 hour before starting the next session.
Right. I know everyone has different methods. My OG glass VapCap broke after a couple of weeks so I didn't get to master it, but I never filled it to the brim - I just put a tiny pinch of ground herb or a 'lil nugget in and got three or four decent hits/cycles most times. What I'm trying to say is that I would prefer a tiny but fresh load each time over reheating the same load 7 or 8 times. This method clealy works for you though and is a testament to how efficient these beauties are and how quickly they cool down as well as heat up :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks for posting this! I could have sworn my OG fit just fine in my Dynastash with the Fat Mouthpiece. Then there were other posts along with DynaVap itself saying it wouldn't fit. I was about to get up and check but you saved me the hassle. Thanks! :tup:
There are 2 different silicone mouthpieces. The fatter one definitely will NOT fit inside my early Dynastash on my OG. The slimmer one fits fine.
The 3rd generation tips were the first to be manufactured in-house. They had more exterior channels and three screen settings in the chamber. These were distributed during the Black Friday sale last fall.

The new 4th generation tips introduced the deeper groves and replaced the 3rd gen tips. They began distribution in the New Year. All Ti Tips distributed now are the 4th generation tips.
I knew all that, of course. Just my OCD needing confirmation before ordering. (Measure 4 times, cut once ;) )

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
With the vapcaps it works very well indeed, due to the vapcap's extraction being so complete, and therefore effect so full and satisfying.
With other vapes that dont extract so fully, there can be something missing, and the only way to make up for that is to take a larger dose

The Vapcap does not fully extract the high temperature goods in my experience. It would be quite difficult to ride the edge of combustion and vapourization with a Vapcap like say an Herbalizer can. It gets up to temperature then falls down from there so there's not a huge amount of time at the 430-445*F range.

I notice that there's some of the high temp effects but not nearly the same strength as when I use my Herbalizer at 435. I can take my ABV from my Vapcap that was producing no more vapour and extract more with my Herbalizer at high temp.

More dosing is sometimes not going to get the effects a high temperature user like me wants if the vape isn't vapourizing those high temp cannabinoids. More dosing would net you more of those high temp goodies but you would be getting significantly more of the lower temp stuff. Which can lead to getting too medicated and using a lot more material than is really needed.

I love my Vapcap and it's vapour signature just as much as my Herbalizer. Different vapes do different jobs better than others.

Tekhie

I spoke with my postman earlier, he said he put the envelope in the mailbox but I never found it.
Here's another pic where you can see it better:
The body is a Schott Glass 500ml round bottom, two necks flask (top neck is 29mm and the small one is 14mm). The downstem is a 29mm Matrix knockoff from DHGate, the mouthpiece is from the Herborizer Sphere bubbler and it's attached with a standard 14-18mm adapter and the carbed dropdown is custom made by @Oregonglassblower. He can also make you the mouthpiece and it can have a 14mm male end to avoid the adapter. The wooden base is also custom made by a friend of mine with his cnc machine, I'll send you some other pics if you want to recreate it. If you fully want to go the lab route just buy a flask clamp and screw a threaded steel bar in a nice piece of wood and you are done.
I'm glad I had you make your first post, stick around, it's a very friendly place here (albeit it can be pretty bad for your wallet).

Thank you soo much for the reply, would love to get more details on that stand. Already ordered some parts to recreate your rig.

And my wallet is already hurting, just got the Dynavap Vapcap M and an Underdog Log vape.

( Collection so far is SS Grasshopper, Modded Extreme Q and a Vivant Alternate )

Ricardo

Please vote for our "Mite-ty" VapCap. :clap:
I think I voted but it's clearly not an automatic update. Looking down some of the comments I realise that I didn't actually use the word "OmniVap" I also used the words "Mighty" and "VapCap" together.... confusing? In fact, maybe I should have waited until I was less blazed before voting (as many [insert political party of preference here] voters probably thought, the morning afterwards).

Alexis

2 days ago, purely out of interest, I did a vote count on Vapecritc's poll, counting the number of vapcap votes since his last update.

I made it that vapcap was eaily in second place, and there are a few more since.

Still, there must be thousands of owners of just the top 3 in the poll, so ideally we would like to see a LOT more votes to be a more meaningful reflection of things.

I can still see vapcap going to the top easily though, due to the power and popularity and enthusiasm of this thread in particular!
Vapcap thread power!

Last edited:
Top Bottom