Squiby

But in order to be fair ,which vaporizer really ,doesn't need frequent replacement of screens and o-rings ?
I have been using my Vapcaps for a year now. Everyday. I broke 1 oring in that time and it was my fault. Even lacking an oring, it worked perfectly and i was too lazy to replace it for a good long time.

I replaced the ceramic screens with titanium when that was the standard, but didn't have to. So in essence, I have had no real maintenance requirements beyond cleaning in a year's time. The Vapcap is a trooper.

Having said that, it doesn't hurt to have a set of extras. My signature below has a post on the extras I would add to a Vapcap purchase in order to cover and unforeseen calamities.

On a side note got contacted by Dynavap and looks like they are going to make everything all good. What are the chances of a company having a great product and backing it up with great Customer Service? America needs more companies like Dynavap. No designed here, made over there crap. Made in the good old U S of A baby :tup:

You got THAT right!! Dynavap offers the BEST customer service for any product I have ever purchased.

What do any new M owners think? Do you find the M to have noticeable draw restriction? Compared to the Ti? The OG? Or is it simply not an issue at all?
I use a mouthpull technique and prefer the carb covered for most of the draw. To me the M does not have a significant air restriction over other Vapcaps. Not an issue for me.

baxter

Good morning everyone, and happy Friday! I believe we have pinpointed the lack of tracking updates on recent outgoing packages issue. It seems as though our new printer is making the bar code lines too thick on the shipping labels, resulting in them being unscannable by USPS for tracking purposes.

When I talked to the postman yesterday he said that when they reach their final destination the tracking number would be entered manually so there won't be many updates before the 'delivered' confirmation.

Sorry about the confusion here but we are going to be looking into changing some printer settings and what-not and hopefully have the issue resolved today.

Have a great weekend!

Try changing the printer settings to "Toner Saver" mode

VanCough

Environmentalist
Awaiting the arrival of my M, and I'm looking to get a nice steel torch to match. Does anyone have any experience with the brand cohiba?

I've narrowed it down to these two lighters from them, but I can't decide between a double or triple torch? I know people love the speed of the triple but others also love the slow heat of a single to get a full extraction. Am I right in hoping the double is the best of both?

Double: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132024669833

Triple: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301722605279

Also, just FYI there's a thread for favourite torch lighters to use with the vapcap but it's a little slow. So if you don't know about it and want to contribute:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/whats-your-favorite-torch-or-lighter-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/

Last edited:

exime

Greetings and warm wishes all vapcappers! :)

Just a few Q's- this talk about the airflow restriction differences between M tip and Ti tips has got my ears up. My brain is slow to make sense of anything right now.
To me, better airflow is preferable. I am doing my best to recruit and convert several friends to vaping and purchase an M in the 4/20 sale this month.

I am telling them all it will be better than sliced bread. So I dont want "M" (them) to be unhappy with a restricted draw. Maybe the comparisons are being made to the newest,,4th gen Ti tips?
Which have the best airflow.

What do any new M owners think? Do you find the M to have noticeable draw restriction? Compared to the Ti? The OG? Or is it simply not an issue at all?

Also, does anybody know how long the 4/20 sale will last? It's 20th April right?
Just for 1 day? I will hope to order for several friends, so I need to have their money ready in my bank.

Im presuming the M may be discounted to $40 again,,if anyone has any ideas about this in advance?
We need some idea what to expect if it is a one day sale only.
Thank you for any response.:tup:

I have a lot more testing to do but on my first session of owning the 'M', I didn't really notice any restriction when my finger was off the carb. Very much free flowing. With the carb pressed it was blocked so I found I had to either tap the carb so that air could get in or just lift my finger a little bit so that the carb was only partially covererd. I don't know if I was doing it right but I did get a couple huge clouds so I was really impressed.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just received my order for the VapCap M.

Very nice! Get one!

If you were worried about breaking your OG, this one feels like it could withstand much more rough handling.

When I first held the M....

MY_20BEARD_20JUST_20STARTED_20GROWING_20A_20BEARD_20B_original.png

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Received me Ti Omnivap the other day from PIU.

I believe it is one of the older models, the newer ones look a little different that I see.

Anyways huge difference from the OG. Everything has been working great but the airflow is pretty tight and haven't fully firgured out the adjustable airflow yet.
Only used it a few times so far. More testing in a hour or so.
I believe the newer omnis have better airflow?

Scared to mess with the screen so far haha. Don't have spares yet.

Anyways I am loving getting to know these vapes and will be picking up at least a M and a woody model in the near future.

Alexis

I am getting 6 clicks from a fully loaded chamber of ground up weed. (Glass vapcap)

Is that normal? Do others get more than 6 clicks before cashing it out completely?
I only have experience with the Omni. I have had up to 7 heat cycles, but usually my target is just 3 cycles for a fully extracted load.
If you are getting more than 4 at most, you are hitting low temp vapor I believe, a slower more gradual extraction. If this is what you are after then carry on. The flavor should be noticeably better.

However,,if you bigger hits, and a faster extraction from less heat cycles, you will need to adjust your heating technique. This can be done by changing whereabouts you heat the cap.

The nearer to the tip/top of the cap you heat, the sooner the cap will click and hence the temp will be lower. And the closer you heat to the bottom of the cap,,near the diggerouter, the more delayed the click will be,,and therefore the hotter the bowl and load will be, resulting in a more dense and powerful hit, with less flavor.

So it is up to you. Different torch lighters will also bring different results. A quad torch will heat the whole cap at the same time, hence the clicker at the tip will click sooner.
Wereas a single jet torch, aimed at the middlemof lower down on the cap, will get ore heat into the tip and load by the time that the clicker at the top of the cap clicks.

baxter

I only have experience with the Omni. I have had up to 7 heat cycles, but usually my target is just 3 cycles for a fully extracted load.
If you are getting more than 4 at most, you are hitting low temp vapor I believe, a slower more gradual extraction. If this is what you are after then carry on. The flavor should be noticeably better.

However,,if you bigger hits, and a faster extraction from less heat cycles, you will need to adjust your heating technique. This can be done by changing whereabouts you heat the cap.

The nearer to the tip/top of the cap you heat, the sooner the cap will click and hence the temp will be lower. And the closer you heat to the bottom of the cap,,near the diggerouter, the more delayed the click will be,,and therefore the hotter the bowl and load will be, resulting in a more dense and powerful hit, with less flavor.

So it is up to you. Different torch lighters will also bring different results. A quad torch will heat the whole cap at the same time, hence the clicker at the tip will click sooner.
Wereas a single jet torch, aimed at the middlemof lower down on the cap, will get ore heat into the tip and load by the time that the clicker at the top of the cap clicks.

Thanks for your feedback. I use a 3 flame torch (inline) so it seems like its heating up the entire cap. Im 6 clicks in to the current bowl so far. And take 1 hour break in between each click (1 hour minimum I mean).

1 zip is going to last me 6 months at this rate. heh-heh

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@VanCough here is my custom stash from 100 or so pages back

Show and tell time again:brow:
I've been meaning to post this before now but a kitchen remodel has taken all my time. Vapcap is handy when DIYing
BTW

I made this last month and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I wanted a new stash to fit my XLS double TI concentrate vapcap so I ended up making one myself. A double garage stash out of red oak with poplar plugs that you can change out to adjust the size if needed. Right now I can carry a regular length and my XLS but currently one side just has some parchment paper folded with some goodies waiting to go up in vapor;)

XZhN7hE.jpg

Then I had to give my XLS Ti stem some color and a bit of a grippy part. So I slightly sanded down the end of the stem to give a bit of grip and then anodized the entire thing.

SE1nPC7.jpg

You can really see the texture change in this pic and it really does make a difference with the twirl to heat.

And lastly here are some of my stems and bodies in the sun looking lovely.

fZEHiEz.jpg

:leaf:

PS. Forgot to mention that the two magnets on the stashes stick together perfectly for on the go!

Last edited:

highasakite

1 zip is going to last me 6 months at this rate. heh-heh
Welcome to vaporization! :tup:

Always a good day when you see this in the mail.

1sfgjk.jpg

The M has arrived! Getting to know it as we speak. Seems pretty indestructible. Great vape for a great price.

2e15fra.jpg

I'm pretty jealous. The USPS tracking is screwing with me, thought it might be here today. I will be posting some of these pics and reaction to testing tomorrow!

@VanCough here is my custom stash from 100 or so pages back
Thanks for reposting this, great pics, good info.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Okay, this is at least temporarily official:

My Omni is retired (sort of) and replaced (sort of) by the M
... and of course there's more to the story....

I found a small bent neck 14mm glass @ TAG for $20; my thinking was that my vong issue might be due to my joint adapter, and the thing just arrived less than an hour ago...I wouldn't have believed that the same grind in the same bowl could hit so different between glass and MP, but there ya go. Wow. Mission accomplished :tup:

This series of experiments has involved the Frankenhooker strategy of mating Ti tip w/ vong, M tip w/ Omni - and of course, M intact. Stage one, the 14mm vong in native 14mm joint is a success IMO. Fast ascent, good altitude, easy to navigate. Hard to gauge pulls on this glass, but bowl contents are early brown.

I'll get on with it in a bit, but I'm fine for now....

I just got my M! I'm already confused lol!

#1 says "Remove cap and fill tip with material of choice by pushing the tip into the material and twisting."

Don't I just take the cap off and put material inside? What's with all the verbiage about pushing and twisting? There's a picture with an X and a check mark saying twist it and I still don't understand what they are trying to tell me.
I know this has been answered but...an ancient one-hit gizmo call "the one-hitter" was an early innovation beloved by a TON o' folks, me included, for decades; it was loaded by sticking the bowl-end into a container of ground herb, where it was pressed in (to fill the bowl) and twisted (to 'cut off the extraneous bits').

This device was an inspiration for the VapCap, I'm pretty sure: they're both that same kind o' brilliant. I load mine from the top with a tiny spoon that gives me 0.022-0.025mg pretty consistently. That helps different configurations stand out from each other, for one thing.

Speaking of which: Stage 2 (Omni w/ M tip) is a BIG wow. Closest thing to "clouds of vapor" I've been present for. One fine hit, one good, then nothing. Bowl contents are blonde.

Just a few Q's- this talk about the airflow restriction differences between M tip and Ti tips has got my ears up. My brain is slow to make sense of anything right now. To me, better airflow is preferable.

Also, does anybody know how long the 4/20 sale will last? It's 20th April right?
Okay, taking the issue as a whole my experience is that the M has superior air flow with and without carb. This is in comparison to my Omni, the adjustments of which have been random.

That's not a complaint about the Omni's airflow: I was immediately comfortable with the fixed resistance of the M, it's both comfortable and highly effective. They are different, they don't hit the same, but they each work just fine.

There was some question about which tips were/are being compared: my Omni was early in the rollout of the latest Ti tip; I know of no changes, refinements, or other developments since then - except for the M tip. As level a playing field as we're likely to get....

As far as a further 420 sale, I'd almost feel greedy hoping for one. They've really done an impressive job of putting advanced tools, designs, materials and production within reach of almost anyone: I want them to to stay in business more than I want a discount - they're the exact kind of outfit we keep wanting to vote for with our dollars. Easy for me to say, I GOT my discount, and damn glad of it, thank you! If they cut the M again for 420 I'l get AT LEAST one more, so I can hardly complain about anyone wanting another sale so soon.

As long as you don't grind powdery the suck fill method is just fine without a hemp filter, at least for me. I do that with my glass stems for other devices too.
:o what an idea...
Awaiting the arrival of my M, and I'm looking to get a nice steel torch to match. Does anyone have any experience with the brand cohiba?

I've narrowed it down to these two lighters from them, but I can't decide between a double or triple torch? I know people love the speed of the triple but others also love the slow heat of a single to get a full extraction. Am I right in hoping the double is the best of both?

Double: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132024669833

Triple: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301722605279

Also, just FYI there's a thread for favourite torch lighters to use with the vapcap but it's a little slow. So if you don't know about it and want to contribute:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/whats-your-favorite-torch-or-lighter-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/
Those are pretty lighters, but I decided on the inline triple GeorgeCo. are selling - hell, WHO would have a better feel for the subtleties of tip heating? FWIW I have a 3-jet triangle Scorch that is identical to a Xohiba model - and I've seen many examples of "the same lighter" under different brands, so I'm pretty sure these things are commodities, bought cheaply in bulk & rebranded. you're probably safe w/ any of them.

One of my noticings is that lighters want to be warm if they're expected to work: and I just trying to waste as little butane as possible, or is this real? Point being that some torches want to be in a jacket pocket when I want them in a pants pocket.

Related note: it takes MUCH LONGER to heat the M bowl than the Ti - and yes, much longer to cool, and so the larger bowl, sure; but THIS is gonna impact butane usage a lot - would LOVE to hear feedback on this!

Follow-up: Ti/vong heat #2 - not much left, it seems. Bowl contents are 'city roast'.
'OM'ni heat #2 - easily 6 or seven good pulls. YUM. Bowl contents are an even (slightly shiny) black.... Damn, that was close!!!

FrankenVap note: the M tip does not want to go into the vong - the Ti tip deals pretty well with it since it was chamfered & waxed: makes me suspect the the OD of the M tip is minutely larger.

@baxter - I think you may find you're underheating if it's taking 6 burn cycles to brown a bowl; This was a problem I had, only recently corrected, and believe me, recalibrating on this will open wide the gates....

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist
This series of experiments has involved the Frankenhooker strategy of mating Ti tip w/ vong, M tip w/ Omni - and of course, M intact.

Stage 2 (Omni w/ M tip) is a BIG wow. Closest thing to "clouds of vapor" I've been present for. One fine hit, one good, then nothing. Bowl contents are blonde.

Okay, taking the issue as a whole my experience is that the M has superior air flow with and without carb. This is in comparison to my Omni, the adjustments of which have been random.

That's not a complaint about the Omni's airflow: I was immediately comfortable with the fixed resistance of the M, it's both comfortable and highly effective. They are different, they don't hit the same, but they each work just fine.

There was some question about which tips were/are being compared: my Omni was early in the rollout of the latest Ti tip; I know of no changes, refinements, or other developments since then - except for the M tip. As level a playing field as we're likely to get....

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing!

I was under the impression that the M tip was incompatible with the omni condenser? But from what I understand of what you've said above, you've managed to mate them successfully? More successfully than even the newest Ti tip omni?

Is that correct? If so that's amazing news and I will definitely pick up a stem and omni condenser in the 4/20 sale!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have a lot more testing to do but on my first session of owning the 'M', I didn't really notice any restriction when my finger was off the carb. Very much free flowing. With the carb pressed it was blocked so I found I had to either tap the carb so that air could get in or just lift my finger a little bit so that the carb was only partially covererd. I don't know if I was doing it right but I did get a couple huge clouds so I was really impressed.
With your finger off of the carb, you're mostly drawing air through the body, not the load. Heat, hold the carb, draw for flavor, feather the carb for flow and temp adjustment. Each loads mileage will vary.

ClearBlueLou

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing!

I was under the impression that the M tip was incompatible with the omni condenser? But from what I understand of what you've said above, you've managed to mate them successfully? More successfully than even the newest Ti tip omni?

Is that correct? If so that's amazing news and I will definitely pick up a stem and omni condenser in the 4/20 sale!
I've just pulled the Ti from the vong & the M from the Omni: I don't have the most sensitive equipment for this (ha - I'm eyeballing it) but here's what I can tell you. The ID of the Ti tip is slightly greater than the ID of the M tip: using my imagination, this slightly greater width would be to accommodate the Omni condenser as it extends down into the tip; the M tip being narrower suggests the 'incompatibility' is the full-extension lengh of the condenser; mine is clockwise all the way, and there was no problem at all fitting the M tip to the Omni body.

This means the difference in airflow reported earlier reflected BOTH pieces at the same level of restriction permitted by the design.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the "newest Ti tip omni", so I don't really understand the 'more successfully than' part.

==
With your finger off of the carb, you're mostly drawing air through the body, not the load. Heat, hold the carb, draw for flavor, feather the carb for flow and temp adjustment. Each loads mileage will vary.
I see it as pulsing a series of vapor-filled chambers. The heat extracts the vapor, closing the carb concentrates the heat and vapor, opening it for a second clears the chamber; so a slow full mouth-pull while 'recharging' the chamber w/ more vapor, a second to clear, do it again, do it again, do it again until you get a click. and then you re-heat, or reload - or go for a walk and a sandwich :tup:

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@alltoreupThe vapcap has awoken something in me that wants to make things out of wood! I've been looking at lathes recently to try and emulate @phattpiggie and @Winegums works of art
I wish you the best of luck, there's a lot to consider when making making things from wood. I've had a lot of frustrations lately with grain blowing out and some of my operations screwing up thus wrecking a piece. When it all works properly and you have a finished stem in front of you it makes it all worth all the headaches.

il_fullxfull.1222841025_iwsu.jpg

ClearBlueLou

I wish you the best of luck, there's a lot to consider when making making things from wood. I've had a lot of frustrations lately with grain blowing out and some of my operations screwing up thus wrecking a piece. When it all works properly and you have a finished stem in front of you it makes it all worth all the headaches.

il_fullxfull.1222841025_iwsu.jpg
:love::luv::bowdown::rockon: Oh please, could that be mine?

ClearBlueLou

Don't wait, it's available in my store right now, and don't forget the coupon code!

Also as a reminder for everyone, I'm leaving for a week starting 4/11 so my shipping cut off is noon on 4/10. I'll be back by 4/20 to ship out what I couldn't before I leave.
...and I'm drawing a total blank...how do I find you/it?

WHUPS! I'm there, NM...

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: Winegums
Top Bottom