phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@capston No you shouldn't be disappointed. There has been a trend among VC users, myself included, where battery powered devices have been put in storage, sold or given away.
All VC's have a stainless cap, the OG has a glass bowl and the other options have Ti bowls or tips.
There is only one UK supplier, @VapeFiend.com, well worth £29.
Some of the OG's have cracked, it's glass and sometimes has a mind of it's own, but the numbers of breakages is really low and both Dynavap and Vapefiend give great customer service.

@Chose I combust in mine every now and again, user error every time, I just Iso a Qtip run it round both sides of the bowl, thru the condenser and I'm off again. If I catch it in time and don't take a draw I don't even bother to Iso.

Chose

@capston No you shouldn't be disappointed. There has been a trend among VC users, myself included, where battery powered devices have been put in storage, sold or given away.
All VC's have a stainless cap, the OG has a glass bowl and the other options have Ti bowls or tips.
There is only one UK supplier, @VapeFiend.com, well worth £29.
Some of the OG's have cracked, it's glass and sometimes has a mind of it's own, but the numbers of breakages is really low and both Dynavap and Vapefiend give great customer service.

@Chose I combust in mine every now and again, user error every time, I just Iso a Qtip run it round both sides of the bowl, thru the condenser and I'm off again. If I catch it in time and don't take a draw I don't even bother to Iso.
I'll give it a quick clean with some vipes good to know it
Can happen to anyone
I'll be more carefull from now on
If I want to add a mp to my woody
Do I just need the standard condenser I want to start buying her some outfits or do I need double crown body???

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Now my woody stinks I'll run a few bowls through it if that don't work I'll have to give it a bath
How do you guys clean yours

As mentioned by Phattpiggie, iso q-tips run through the condenser a few times plus around the bowl.

I usually also torch the screen, too. (Hate that combustion taste and smell on my vapes)

With the wood, this is much harder...

(I take it apart completely to do all this, bye the way)

I find leaving it outside in the sunlight for a couple of hours over a day or two (or three)... is the best way to get the smell off wood. A very light iso, and then wiped off straight away can also help, as can a using a tiny bit of lemon juice on a q-tip to wipe it down then wipe off, before putting it out to dry in the sun. But i think, it's mainly sunlight that does it.

I wouldn't leave it in full sun all day though, just in case. I tend to leave it for a few hours in the sun, often placing it so the sun 'stares down the barrel', then leave it in the open air, but in shade. Repeat the sun drying (and possibly lemon juice) until smell gone.

Then I give it a wax with @Ed's TnT bomb ass butter so the nice Sun doesn't dry it out too much and crack it (at which time I would be moved to raise my fist and call it a nasty Sun...but I don't want to do that). Plus it smells nice.

Like I said, I don't like that nasty combustion stink.

herbalist33

Ooofff, that really has to hurt bro!! I don't think I could be parted from my Omni these days. Perhaps you can just buy the condenser and tip and use your ti or glass bodies (although everyone knows a true Omnivap deserves a sleek wooden dress :love:

On a side note, I'm so capped, I've just done 3 heat cycles before realising there's nothing in my Omnivap.... I don't think I need any more

Peace

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Guys it happened when out and about I managed to loose yes you read right Fucking loose my omnivap with blackwood body.
My dd for almost 6 monthso rip

Awww that's awful !
I feel so sad for you man. . .
Did you try to get back to where you lost it. . . ?

The worse thing in that case is that if somebody find it , he wouldn't have a clue of what it is . . . . .

Last edited:

Alexis

Very sorry to hear that @Alex03 . But hey you just gotta look on the bright side of life at times like this. You are alive and I hope, well. If you are lucky also then you are not allergic to weed like I am (I would kill to be free from said curse), and your loss is purely financial, but you will likely get a replacement and continue to enjoy your vapor, and your life (I hope anyway.)
So my message is to focus on being thankful and forgive yourself for an honest mistake, wipe slate and move forward.

Im sure you know all this, just saying a few words of consolation.

Now, speaking of the Omnivap, I have dithered around with various techniques, mainly with regards to lighter placement.
Recently I have been going for the biggest hits, by focusing the quad torch on the lower side of the cap (by diggerouter), so that the flame is not in the middle, just a fraction to the bottom, so as to completely avoid the tip, and not hit right at the bottom of the cap either.

But this is tricky with the quad torch as it hits such a large section of the cap. I was also putting the cap quite deep in the flame, so it was just a few millimeters above the inner blue flame.
I was achieveing big hits, but I havent really been enjoying it. The vapor has really been bothering my chest and my allergies, and I was losing interest in the Omnivap.

Last night I had the epiphany to change it up. I went back to heating more or less bang in the middle of the cap, with the flame much further away, so that the cap is just a few millimaters or more inside the outer flame. This makes it possible to target the middle and avoid both of the ends, as the flame is obviously narrower further away.

The result: much, much better. Much better taste, smoother nicer vapor. Still very good hits and a better effect than the other way, no less medicated. Much "truer vaporisation" essentially.

With the vapcaps, it is possible and easy to use them in a way that is not exactly true vaporisation. I use a full pack of up to 0.1 grams. I get 3 to 4 good hits this way. I actually take one long, extended draw until the cool down click. That way I use every second of the vaporisation window. I hold in for 5 or more seconds.

I feel that if I got less heating cycles it would have to be at the expense of true vaporisation. I know that when I have overdone it and done the whole load in one huge hit at higher temp, it has not had as much, or as good an effect. It it a real waste. For me, less heat is more, in a way.

Im so glad I figured out where I had wondered off the path. My thoughts for the day!

Oh yeah, I always begin pulling with carb completely blocked, and suck it in a number of short pulls. This gets the vapor flowing, then just play it by ear for the rest of the draw, which is one long steady, continuos draw until ot clicks.

Last edited:

Squiby

@Alex03 I am very sorry for your loss. Maybe, just maybe it will turn up, having found its way back home to you.

If I want to add a mp to my woody
Do I just need the standard condenser I want to start buying her some outfits or do I need double crown body???

The condenser ties the Vapcap together. It runs from the ti tip through the midsection and the mp, if you have one.

Midsections come in two lengths; 45mm bodies and 62mm stems.

Wood mouthpieces are 17mm in length.

A standard condenser can accommodate a 62mm configuration; a 62mm stem or a 45mmbody and a mp.

An XL condenser can accommodate 79mm configuration; a 62mm stem and a mp.

I don't know what kind of Vapcap you have, but I will assume that you have a regular Ti Woody. It comes with a standard condenser, a 62mm stem and no mp. A regular Ti Woody looks like this. This is my Black and White Ebony Ti Woody.
KmPTnK4.jpg

If you want to add a mp to your existing stem, then you will need to buy an XL condenser so it can accommodate the extra 17mm needed to pass through the mp. Here is my Black and White Ebony Ti Woody with an XL condenser and Blackwood mp.
6t63G4P.jpg

If you buy a Ti Woody that already has the XL condenser and mp, it is called a Ti Woody XLS on the website.

All that to say, you can either extend the length of your Vapcap by getting an XL condenser and mp, resulting in an Vapcap XLS.

Or you can keep the same length Vapcap by getting a 45mm body and mp and place it on your existing condenser, resulting in a Vapcap S.

A crown is a metal cap placed on the end of a wood midsection either sleeve or body. All wood stem midsections come with a crown at the Ti tip end. It serves to protect it from cracking and heat from the tip. A double crown provides additional protection and asthetic appeal. If you add a wood mouthpiece to your woody, the extra crown will protect the stem from friction caused by the mp. It is not essential but does add another layer of protection.

The Black and White Ebony stem on the left has only a single crown at the tip end. The Blackwood body on the right has the double crown.

5Cvxqu7.jpg

Also notice the difference between the two. The B&W Ebony Ti Woody XLS is 17mm longer than the Blackwood Ti Woody S.

Last edited:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
It is alive! My OG was broken on both ends. I repaired it somehow, now it is much shorter, has metal condenser and wood MP from some cheap cigar. It works OK and I hope it will survive till my new Omni and Woody arrive.
Meet Minimalistic ghetto-mod :) or Vapcap Stub.
pNYoBxv4bVTNl4Kx3namsgS1zTmiBMfeP1TSjbkAl04DIeihdYJprwwpvwtBQRLG7c75R-uPQboN3Q=w1536-h1152-no

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
It is alive! My OG was broken on both ends. I repaired it somehow, now it is much shorter, has metal condenser and wood MP from some cheap cigar. It works OK and I hope it will survive till my new Omni and Woody will arrive.
Meet Minimalistic ghetto-mod :) or Vapcap Stub.
pNYoBxv4bVTNl4Kx3namsgS1zTmiBMfeP1TSjbkAl04DIeihdYJprwwpvwtBQRLG7c75R-uPQboN3Q=w1536-h1152-no

Did you steal this vapcap to MacGyver ? :D

When the world is gonna end, we will trade bullets in exchange of vapcaps ! :borg:

Last edited:

Chose

@Alex03 I am very sorry for your loss. Maybe, just maybe it will turn up, having found its way back home to you.

The condenser ties the Vapcap together. It runs from the ti tip through the midsection and the mp, if you have one.

Midsections come in two lengths; 45mm bodies and 62mm stems.

Wood mouthpieces are 17mm in length.

A standard condenser can accommodate a 62mm configuration; a 62mm stem or a 45mmbody and a mp.

An XL condenser can accommodate 79mm configuration; a 62mm stem and a mp.

I don't know what kind of Vapcap you have, but I will assume that you have a regular Ti Woody. It comes with a standard condenser, a 62mm stem and no mp. A regular Ti Woody looks like this. This is my Black and White Ebony Ti Woody.
KmPTnK4.jpg

If you want to add a mp to your existing stem, then you will need to buy an XL condenser so it can accommodate the extra 17mm needed to pass through the mp. Here is my Black and White Ebony Ti Woody with an XL condenser and Blackwood mp.
6t63G4P.jpg

If you buy a Ti Woody that already has the XL condenser and mp, it is called a Ti Woody XLS on the website.

All that to say, you can either extend the length of your Vapcap by getting an XL condenser and mp, resulting in an Vapcap XLS.

Or you can keep the same length Vapcap by getting a 45mm body and mp and place it on your existing condenser, resulting in a Vapcap S.

A crown is a metal cap placed on the end of a wood midsection either sleeve or body. All wood stem midsections come with a crown at the Ti tip end. It serves to protect it from cracking and heat from the tip. A double crown provides additional protection and asthetic appeal. If you add a wood mouthpiece to your woody, the extra crown will protect the stem from friction caused by the mp. It is not essential but does add another layer of protection.

The Black and White Ebony stem on the left has only a single crown at the tip end. The Blackwood body on the right has the double crown.

5Cvxqu7.jpg

Also notice the difference between the two. The B&W Ebony Ti Woody XLS is 17mm longer than the Blackwood Ti Woody S.
A big thanks to@squiby
That makes it easier to understand the options
Lovely pics makes me want it all
I want the omni vap but I prefer wood to metal
I'll have to have a good think about my options
I'm curious about this vape how does the carb work (how does it go trough body to condenser )
I want to take it apart to clean it but am a bit scared is it easy to re assemble where do o rings go etc

Last edited:

Squiby

I'm curious about this vape how does the carb work (how does it go trough body to condense

The condenser ties the Vapcap together. It is a stainless steel tube that runs from the end of the ti tip, through the body and mp, if there is one.

The vapor travels through the condenser. In the regular Ti tipped Vapcaps, the carb is used to control airpath restriction. Air is introduced in two ways.

1. Air is heated as it travels under the ss cap, between the cap and the ti tip, through the herb and up into the condenser.

2. Air travels from the carb (found as a hole drilled into the midsection) down to the ti tip where it creates turbulence. It then makes a 180° turn and while mixing with the vapor as it travels up through the condenser towards the mp. Vapor does not come in contact with the midsection.

The Omnivap has a condenser that threads onto the ti mp. As you turn the mp, the slightly tapered condenser end moves in or out of the ti tip, creating or reducing air resistance without the manual manipulation of the carb. It is a set it and forget it feature.

EdqNTMn.jpg

nOuBGP8.jpg

Chose

The condenser ties the Vapcap together. It is a stainless steel tube that runs from the end of the ti tip, through the body and mp, if there is one.

The vapor travels through the condenser. In the regular Ti tipped Vapcaps, the carb is used to control airpath restriction. Air is introduced in two ways.

1. Air is heated as it travels under the ss cap, between the cap and the ti tip, through the herb and up into the condenser.

2. Air travels from the carb (found as a hole drilled into the midsection) down to the ti tip where it creates turbulence. It then makes a 180° turn and while mixing with the vapor as it travels up through the condenser towards the mp. Vapor does not come in contact with the midsection.

The Omnivap has a condenser that threads onto the ti mp. As you turn the mp, the slightly tapered condenser end moves in or out of the ti tip, creating or reducing air resistance without the manual manipulation of the carb. It is a set it and forget it feature.

EdqNTMn.jpg

nOuBGP8.jpg
So there is space in the body that caries air to the tip to controll vape density very cool is it an easy re assemble if I take woody apart

Chose,

Squiby

I want to take it apart to clean it but am a bit scared is it easy to re assemble where do o rings go etc
So there is space in the body that caries air to the tip to control vape density very cool is it an easy re assemble if I take woody apart

Yes. It is very easy to dismantle and assemble your Ti Woody Vapcap.

- Remove the ss cap and put aside.
- Grasp the ti tip with one hand and the midsection with the other and gently but firmly twist the tip off the body
- use the digger outter end of the ss cap and push it into the tip end of the body to pop the condenser out of the body/stem towards mp end.

There are two orings on the standard condenser. One at the very end of the mp end and the other is placed between the mp end and where the carb hole is on the body. There should be a slight indent on the condenser to show you where it goes. This second oring can also be placed under or partially under the carb hole to restrict airflow if you wish.

Have a look see at the videos here. George has a visual tutorial on the disassembly of the Ti tipped Vapcap. Watch them all, but specifically watch the Titanium Woody video.

http://www.dynavap.com/videos/

To clean, I remove the orings from the condenser and pop it into the doob tube your Vapcap came with and fill it with your cleaning solution. Shake and soak, then rinse and let dry completely. The tip can be cleaned by swabbing it with a q-tip and cleaner or by torching it with your lighter a little bit. For serious tip cleaning, pop out the screen and retaining ring with your condenser, by placing the condenser into the tip and pushing it out through the bowl. If there is a lot of resistance and the tip is all gummed up, try heating it first. These bits can join the condenser in the doob tube or you can torch them clean by holding them with some tweezers.

Do not mix alcohol with fire and make sure that everything is completely dry before using.

To reassemble, basically reverse the order.

After everything is rinsed and dry, Add some spit to the tip orings and then push, twist the tip into the body. Put the two orings onto the condenser. Add a bit of spit to the orings to lubricate them, then slide the body over the condenser and the condenser into the tip.

I never seem to need to remove the tip orings, but if you need to soak the tip, the orings can be removed using the cap digger outter by pushing the digger outter into the groove beside the oring and lever it out.

The screen is placed into the ti tip and pushed down to seat it with a pencil or the condenser or a chopstick. Then put the retaining ring over top of the screen and push it down to seat it. This can be a bit fiddly the first time you do it.

Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Chose, the clip is called the "Jesus" clip for a reason. That's the cry heard when it goes flying when trying to install. Installing over a large white tablecloth helps you find that little bastard the first four or five tries at installation.:lol:
Doc

Alexis

Yes. It is very easy to dismantle and assemble your Ti Woody Vapcap.

- Remove the ss cap and put aside.
- Grasp the ti tip with one hand and the midsection with the other and gently but firmly twist the tip off the body
- use the digger outter end of the ss cap and push it into the tip end of the body to pop the condenser out of the body/stem towards mp end.

There are two orings on the standard condenser. One at the very end of the mp end and the other is placed between the mp end and where the carb hole is on the body. There should be a slight indent on the condenser to show you where it goes. This second oring can also be placed under or partially under the carb hole to restrict airflow if you wish.

Have a look see at the videos here. George has a visual tutorial on the disassembly of the Ti tipped Vapcap. Watch them all, but specifically watch the Titanium Woody video.

http://www.dynavap.com/videos/

To clean, I remove the orings from the condenser and pop it into the doob tube your Vapcap came with and fill it with your cleaning solution. Shake and soak, then rinse and let dry completely. The tip can be cleaned by swabbing it with a q-tip and cleaner or by torching it with your lighter a little bit. For serious tip cleaning, pop out the screen and retaining ring with your condenser, by placing the condenser into the tip and pushing it out through the bowl. If there is a lot of resistance and the tip is all gummed up, try heating it first. These bits can join the condenser in the doob tube or you can torch them clean by holding them with some tweezers.

Do not mix alcohol with fire and make sure that everything is completely dry before using.

To reassemble, basically reverse the order.

After everything is rinsed and dry, Add some spit to the tip orings and then push, twist the tip into the body. Put the two orings onto the condenser. Add a bit of spit to the orings to lubricate them, then slide the body over the condenser and the condenser into the tip.

I never seem to need to remove the tip orings, but if you need to soak the tip, the orings can be removed using the cap digger outter by pushing the digger outter into the groove beside the oring and lever it out.

The screen is placed into the ti tip and pushed down to seat it with a pencil or the condenser or a chopstick. Then put the retaining ring over top of the screen and push it down to seat it. This can be a bit fiddly the first time you do it.

Enjoy!!!!
Excellent information Squiby as always. You really are the resdient informationionist for all things vapcap.

You know, when I soaked my whole Omnivap in iso aftr combusting, I didnt remove any of the orings, either on the condenser or the tip.

I didnt want to play around with things and not be able to replace and restore properly, especially those orings on the Ti tip. Next time though, I will certainly remove the orings on the condenser.

I woner if everybody esle is removing the orings every time they soak? And if any problems have occured as a result of not removing them.

No issues for me so far anyway, but only one overnight soak so not a fair test.

Chose

Chose, the clip is called the "Jesus" clip for a reason. That's the cry heard when it goes flying when trying to install. Installing over a large white tablecloth helps you find that little bastard the first four or five tries at installation.:lol:
Doc
Ha yes I'm familiar with Jesus clips
Lost loads of them when removing car door cards
You can hear them ping across
The floor but you can never find them, there very allusive
And thanks again to @Squiby
I will watch them all tonight when I'm bored
I find George
A fascinating guy to watch
You can see he is very passionate about his vapes

Last edited by a moderator:

Morty

Man, gonna try and catch up a little on this thread before work tonight. Been slackin'. It moves.

Guys it happened when out and about I managed to loose yes you read right Fucking loose my omnivap with blackwood body.
Oh man. That sucks. Not to be a dick, but when I saw this I laughed for a sec because that is the same shit that always happens to me. Whether through losing or breaking, I can't seem to have nice things. :lol: Get a lanyard for the next one & wear it around your neck or pant loop.

Not gonna lie, came real close to peeing my pants a little when I read this.

EDIT @invertedisdead it's a TRONG, Triple On Glass
Would love to see a video of that. Cowabunga!

Top Bottom