mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The threadd is so massive.
No chance to read it all.
I tried a google search and found nothing acceptable.

What do you guys think of the materials used in the vapcaps.
Especially the tip and the cap.
They are made if titanium.
Is it save to inhale? No off-gasing?
I am getting a bit worried.

I would rate a Titanium or SS vapcap as the BEST vape out there in this regard.

In this regard, the vapcap is king of the hill.

Mr.Sifter

Oh, good to know.

Dont you guys worry about the exact materials?
I want to know it before i can assume it is safe.
Why are you so sure about the safety when you dont know the exact details?

WarpaintFree

Steel and Titanium can produce various oxides when heated to high temperatures; much higher than those sought for vaporizing cannabis. Are there any harmful byproducts produced when using a Vapcap as designed? I don't know for certain.

The entire lynch pin to vaporizing is harm reduction. It's up to you to decide if you're satisfied that vaping is less harmful than smoking. I would suggest to you that inhaling anything other than filtered, purified air is potentially harmful.

All of life is risk/reward analysis.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Oh, good to know.

Dont you guys worry about the exact materials?
I want to know it before i can assume it is safe.
Unless you get your Vapcap hot enough to burn rubber, weed or wood you're not going to produce anything harmful. If you had a welding torch you might get things hot enough to start oxidizing metal but at that point it's glowing white hot. So I guess the safety of a vapcap is in your hands, it's as safe as you are with a fire or a torch.

Under normal operation all of the materials in a Vapcap are safe. The metals are especially nice as they are highly corrosion resistant at high temperatures. The worst case scenario I can think of is the Titanium tip catching fire and producing Titanium Dioxide, but you would have to be really really trying to get it to burn.

Respect the click, you are the regulation of heat for the vaporizer.

I would suggest to you that inhaling anything other than filtered, purified air is potentially harmful.

All of life is risk/reward analysis.

Not to derail the thread but breathing filtered air and not going outside all your life can weaken your immune system.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Still, whats the material in the cap?
It does not matter because the 2 bi-metalic discs are not exposed - they are inside a pocket in the top of the cap and when the right temperature is reached the discs flex and hit the walls of the pocket producing the click. When the discs cool they flex the other way and click again.
You keep asking the same questions in different ways and have been told many times its a good and safe vaporizer - much safer than your PLASTIC MIGHTY! :lol:
Don't worry both the titanium and steel used are medical grade and perfectly safe - George and his team know what they are doing!

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I take them out, hold them with a pair of needle nose pliers and torch them clean.

Same here, pliers and kitchen torch until it's glowing red.

Because we know the details, science tells us at what temperatures the various metals start off gassing and we don't reach such temperatures.
If you are so worried about vaping safety you should consider something like edibles as an alternative consumption method.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You could run over a VapCap with car/truck/semi/glacier :) and it would take the licking and keep on ticking....
Actually, the glacier might due some damage, but not in a reasonable (non geologic) time period... ;)
That might be some fun video too...
I would rate a Titanium or SS vapcap as the BEST vape out there in this regard.

In this regard, the vapcap is king of the hill.
Dynavap uses safe and excellent materials in its products, especially in its vapor path which is all steel and titanium. Their wood bodied vapes pull cool air by the wood before it is heated or laden with vapor. The only thing we don't know for certain, and thats because I don't think its been asked, is what metal the bimetal disks are, but they likely won't get enough heat to do anything bad no matter what they are. I DO think it MATTERS what they are as air flows past them, but I'm confident safety was considered in their choice as it has been everywhere else.
Dynavap is NOT alone in using safe materials, but they are certainly a great example for other vape makers. I MUCH prefer their materials to the common plastics used in many other (particularly Chinese) vapes.

paehtod

It does not matter because the 2 bi-metalic discs are not exposed - they are inside a pocket in the top of the cap and when the right temperature is reached the discs flex and hit the walls of the pocket producing the click. When the discs cool they flex the other way and click again.
You keep asking the same questions in different ways and have been told many times its a good and safe vaporizer - much safer than your PLASTIC MIGHTY! :lol:
Don't worry both the titanium and steel used are medical grade and perfectly safe - George and his team know what they are doing!

I am not sure the older version but the bi-metal are exposed inside the cap of mine, when you slightly tap on the cap, you can see the small disc are moving inside the cap. I am totally not worry about the SS and Titanium btw.

Dynalowrider

IntoTheVoid, I don't think you want a tungsten vc. After working for years with tungsten in heat sinks I wouldn't want it anywhere near my mouth. We took tungsten powder, pressed it into heat sinks, sintered it at 1000c, and machined the part. For one thing the heat conduction index for tungsten is 173, titanium is 15.6, stainless steel 16.3. In other words you will probably burn the shit out of your lips on every rip. Tungsten transfers heat very well. Just for your info, silver is 420, gold is 312, diamond is 2200. Those won't work either, gets to hot. Doc

Edit: Tungsten wouldn't be pretty.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
To my eyes, is just someone who tries ,by all means possible ,
to shift all that good vibe ,into doubt ,disappointment and fear .
I do not mean to be rude .:rant:
I'm just gettin' suspicious enough .:sherlock:

He is just the only one ,into almost a 1000-page thread ,
who expresses only his fears and doubts.
Not a single word of joy and appreciation .
Funny and weird ...
:hmm:

So I decided not to feed the troll ,anymore.
The first (and I hope the last one)to be written to my " ignore" list .
There are limits.And someone has just gone over mine.

Cheers.

Last edited:

abcd5432

my Take on this is that he is playing us. :D

Probably just wants all the details.
I just think logically though that from 935 pages here, if there was something amiss, someone would have said something. It'd be insulting to this whole forum and to the dynavap creator who seems INCREDIBLY enthusiastic about creating a safe product from his videos for me PERSONALLY, to then question the products safety/integrity. To me PERSONALLY, it would be also calling into question everyone in here saying that NONE of you noticeed something off.
But I also trust our combined knowledge to know that something may be amisss with a product, this user may not be at this point yet.
22,000 replies in though, I personally think someone would have noticed something weird but that's to each persons personal judgement.

It can't hurt to know the EXACT details of the product.
I'm just not expecting Dynavap to tell me as that just makes it SUPER easy for someone else to clone their design. At some point you have to trust someone, and in business as a person who specializes in it, I'm 100% distrust of 99% of businesses. Dynavap doesn't ring me as that type of business.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
A snoutband is someone who always interrupts a conversation to correct or contradict the person speaking.

Thank you, I love learning new words!
In italian we call guys like that Bastian Contrario, like it was a name and surname combo.

Anyway I can understand worrying about your health but sometimes is just too much when compared to real life situations, like my friend that's super worried about the potential harm of wifi waves but still smokes a pack a day...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm starting to think that Cannabis makes this guy paranoid and he should abstain completely.
EDIBLES make me sick?

JOINT'S are fun when your lung's R young?

VAPORIZING is CIVILIZED!

STRAIN'S R KEY

CHANGE STRAIN's if your PARANOID.

I never experience it?

ROOKIES don't know how to choose strain's that fit them?

STRAIN'S are important 4 CIVILIZATION to progress!
Snoutband
A snoutband is someone who always interrupts a conversation to correct or contradict the person speaking. Every social group has a snoutband, who thinks they know everything. They probably don't know the meaning of this word, though. At least, not yet.
You ever heard of, "TALL POPPIES SYNDROME"?

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Probably just wants all the details.
I just think logically though that from 935 pages here, if there was something amiss, someone would have said something. It'd be insulting to this whole forum and to the dynavap creator who seems INCREDIBLY enthusiastic about creating a safe product from his videos for me PERSONALLY, to then question the products safety/integrity. To me PERSONALLY, it would be also calling into question everyone in here saying that NONE of you noticeed something off.
But I also trust our combined knowledge to know that something may be amisss with a product, this user may not be at this point yet.
22,000 replies in though, I personally think someone would have noticed something weird but that's to each persons personal judgement.

It can't hurt to know the EXACT details of the product.
I'm just not expecting Dynavap to tell me as that just makes it SUPER easy for someone else to clone their design. At some point you have to trust someone, and in business as a person who specializes in it, I'm 100% distrust of 99% of businesses. Dynavap doesn't ring me as that type of business.
Well said.
But i will comment on your first sentence .
" Probably just wants all the details. "

If so ,then he must know every tiny detail about his PLASTIC-made Mighty.
Otherwise ,how he can be so "comfortable" and "numb" with and about it ,
being made ,almost entirely, out of petroleum derived polymers ,eh ?

Top Bottom