Dynalowrider

Don't do pictures. I leave that for you instant gratification folks. If you can't understand my words. get a new "Funk and Wagnall".
I'm not trolling here just trying to help. If you don't want help. move along folks, nothing to see here.
"I'm just a guy, being quiet and shy, trying to get by, in a land of push and shove." Doc

shmoedog

Vape for Life
Got my new blackwood Ti VonG today and was a little surprised to see something a bit different than what I ordered. I had ordered what on the website at that point had been the standard vong. What I received was a new blackwood Nona Vong. Not sure what to think. I'm torn really. I like the sleek look of the original Vong more than the Nona for sure. However I do like some of the more practical design aspects of the Nona at the same time. I like that it can't roll. That's kinda cool. I love the rough side carb indicator. I do find myself constantly having to find the carb on my Ti Woody which can be just a tad annoying not a big deal at all of course . I'm curious how well it will fit into my stash and we will see how well it seals to my 14mm glass. So the good definitely out weights the bad for sure but I will maintain that I like the looks of the old one. I'm sure the Nona will probably grow on me. Just slightly torn although I consider myself a practical man and not a vain one so I know ultimately this is the better option. Can't wait to take this baby out for a test dive with the orbiter. I think I'll even get the glass perfectly clean so I can see the vapor production.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Got my new blackwood Ti VonG today and was a little surprised to see something a bit different than what I ordered. I had ordered what on the website at that point had been the standard vong. What I received was a new blackwood Nona Vong. Not sure what to think. I'm torn really. I like the sleek look of the original Vong more than the Nona for sure. However I do like some of the more practical design aspects of the Nona at the same time. I like that it can't roll. That's kinda cool. I love the rough side carb indicator. I do find myself constantly having to find the carb on my Ti Woody which can be just a tad annoying not a big deal at all of course . I'm curious how well it will fit into my stash and we will see how well it seals to my 14mm glass. So the good definitely out weights the bad for sure but I will maintain that I like the looks of the old one. I'm sure the Nona will probably grow on me. Just slightly torn although I consider myself a practical man and not a vain one so I know ultimately this is the better option. Can't wait to take this baby out for a test dive with the orbiter. I think I'll even get the glass perfectly clean so I can see the vapor production.
I was shocked to see the original skinny vongs are gone too. I was going to get a Blackwood to complete the foursome. I agree with you completely on all points as well. Why was there no explanation that they would be disappearing? Maybe I just missed it? Kind of bummed, ordered the Blackwood body version instead, along with a Ti Glassy.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
@ClearBlueLou, there is something wrong but I'm sure you gonna be good soon!

First about the reclaim : if you don't have any reclaim build up that's problematic and here how I see things:
The vapor stay in the chamber and don't go through the condenser.
Your ambient temperture is the same as the vapor, making condensation impossible, as long as life I suppose :rofl:
Your material is light in compound.
Or maybe the an improper heating technique leading to not much vapor and heat.

I think the last is the good one because since the first use almost year ago, two or three bowl is enough to make a sticky coating behind the chamber and in the condenser.... And you had saw my reclaiming picture at a 2 weeks mark.
This is in line with your 5/6 heating cycle and thin vapor.
To me you don't apply enough heat on it and may have to much airflow. Try to completly close your omni, load your bowl tight and heat the cap the lower you can, next to the digger outer. Then take hits with your mouth like a tight cigarette, and you should definitely be good!
You can also heat past the click but personally I don't recommend it, because you can have huge cloud from first hit just by heating it lower but this is working better with one or two get lighters, then that's more difficult to control the temp. (wich is a lighter do you have?)

On the screen side I don't know what to tell, I still try to understand how one can't achieve to place or displace it, especially with the omni MP, all fits easy, slide nice and stay in place. Maybe that's a tolerance issue for the poor ones who have problems with screens...For this one you should definitely ask George to help you!

@Creeper, I have just watched your video and that's nice to see a dynamic person demonstrating it!
The other reviews are pretty poor at it and I don't understand why there isn't more quality review.
Vapefiend video is boring, the video isn't polished, not really professional, and worst he's badly heating it, and finally show us bits of burnt uneven Abv...
Namaste is doing better with a polished and professional video, he's heating it better but doesn't show Abv.
Both of these video contains mistakes and that's unfortunate because they are huge store...
Fortunately at the beginning there were @IAmKrazy2 to do the job and spread the good word!

However back to you man, your video is good and do a better job than their commercial counterparts, but (there is always a but Ahah :D) here is a few things: filming form below isn't a good idea, this isn't good for subject concentration, and not good for you because of deformed perspective.
Importants thing like bowl close up and Abv close up are out of focus, because it's one you, picky I know :D
You also made a mistake, the condenser is made of stainless steel and not titanium.
And last thing that surprised me :you are using your Omnivap fully open, feathering the carb like with a UNI one, making the Omnivap airflow demonstration pointless. Although the OV airflow isn't regulated by the carb only, but by the tapper end of the condenser sliding inside the Tip (wich is conical inside) and the carb together creating pressure drop and sucking the vapor out of the chamber adding some fresh air and cooling the overall system. So that's mainly the tapper end then the carb hole in order of importance.
Hope I don't sound boring, this is just to help and share ;)

Final note, my favorite Vapcap video is definitely @Joaon 's one, showing us the power of it, heating like a champ to put it in the WP, with kind of a coffeeshop mood.
51 seconds of art for a piece of art :

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Don't do pictures. I leave that for you instant gratification folks. If you can't understand my words. get a new "Funk and Wagnall".
I'm not trolling here just trying to help. If you don't want help. move along folks, nothing to see here.
"I'm just a guy, being quiet and shy, trying to get by, in a land of push and shove." Doc
Love it, wisdom age and all that stuff.

@stark1 Why do you keep changing your avatar?

towtow

Hello boys and girls ! I've come to the realisation that I'll not be able to get my need answered by the "search" button only so here I am asking you to do so.
I'm keen on dynavap products but I still wonder if..

Will it be possible to get one with no plastic, rubber or silicone ?

Is the OG adaptable with a wood mouthpiece ? Will it be free of plastic in that way ?

What do you know about the titanium and if it is safe to use for smoking ? The omni looks so perfect I just would like to know if there are any researches about titanium..
The ring from the omni condenser, are those in plastic like the SS ?

Thanks for your time and for the long and complete topic, a lot of great advices ! Sorry for my english, not a native speaker there.

Squiby

SCREENS...removing the screens via the condenser into the tip is impossible as I cannot force the condenser in there hard/far enough to contact the screen(s);

Here is some info that may help you with the CCD screens. I hope that this helps. I'm not sure what else to suggest. I've never had a problem with the screens, but there are a few tricks to make handling them without them flying away a bit easier.

When I make a CCD screen fiber sandwich, the screens are really jammed in there. In this case I use a small nail punch and a hammer to gently tap them out.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-263#post-1021134

Good luck! Try George's tips in this video. Let us know how you make out.

Dutch-Mic

Hey @towtow,

The OG is made from glass so don't worry about plastic. The VapCap-S has a wooden mouthpiece (no rubber or silicone). Other forum members can help you with your other questions :)

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
This morning I'm vaping grass... through grass!

684x34.jpg

Squiby

I will maintain that I like the looks of the old one. I'm sure the Nona will probably grow on me.
I like the looks of the old VonG as well. I have two, a burl and Blackwood 14mm. I don't have the NonaVonG yet, but, strangely, I find myself liking it more and more every time I look at it. It Is growing on me. Hopefully, it will grow on you too. :)

Why was there no explanation that they would be disappearing? Maybe I just missed it?
I think if you missed this post, from Feb 6, you may have missed George's announcement that the new NonaVonG would replace the turned models immediately. It was the only mention of it that I saw.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-436#post-1081443

Will it be possible to get one with no plastic, rubber or silicone ?
No. Orings and high temp orings are used to fiction fit the tip and condenser inside the body/stem. The orings are not exposed to the vapor airpath.

Is the OG adaptable with a wood mouthpiece ? Will it be free of plastic in that way ?
Yes and no. Yes, the OG model can be converted into a Vapcap S model or you can purchase the Vapcap S model. The glass condenser from the OG is replaced with a stainless steel condenser and wood mouthpiece. Silicone orings hold the mp and condenser in place, again outside of the vapor airpath. So no, a Vapcap S model is not completely free of silicone.

What do you know about the titanium and if it is safe to use for smoking ? The omni looks so perfect I just would like to know if there are any researches about titanium..
I believe that titanium is the superior material for vaping.
http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-steel-and-titanium/

The ring from the omni condenser, are those in plastic like the SS ?
I think all the orings are silicone. No plastic involved. The stainless steel condensers use an x-oring and the Omni condenser uses the same high temp donut shaped orings as the titanium tip.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
A successful day always ends with this sentence :

Fuck Yeah baby! :rockon:

(waiting since November)
Wow, it must be a very special order if you've been waiting that long! I can't wait to see the contents of that green envelope, I have a feeling it is going to be one epic photo shoot. :rockon:

A couple of days ago I woke up to the same message, it's also a great way to start a day. :D

towtow

Wow ! thanks all for your quick answers !

Hey @towtow,

The OG is made from glass so don't worry about plastic. The VapCap-S has a wooden mouthpiece (no rubber or silicone). Other forum members can help you with your other questions :)

Only the mouthpiece is a problem for me with the OG.. The full glass device looks quite good. The Vapcap-S still got o-ring but I understand you cannot have everything in life.

I don't see how. these use a bunch of O-rings; without those, it won't function at all. maybe there are O-rings made from some material that's ok for you, but if you're ruling out rubber, plastic and silicone, I think you're out of luck.

I think you're right.. But there is something about dynavap products, I don't want to let go !

@towtow What's your problem with the silicone o-rings? They are foodsafe. Temps in contact to the condensers are far away from max resistant temps of silicone. What should happen?

Foodsafe, yes but I'm trying to get rid of plastic in my life and I'm going to apply heat to the device so my guess will be to avoid plastic in any form. My problem about plastic or silicone is plastic and silicone even if it supposed to be safe I'm carefull with it.
For exemple I cook only with iron or inox 18/10 or glass.

No. Orings and high temp orings are used to fiction fit the tip and condenser inside the body/stem. The orings are not exposed to the vapor airpath.

Yes and no. Yes, the OG model can be converted into a Vapcap S model or you can purchase the Vapcap S model. The glass condenser from the OG is replaced with a stainless steel condenser and wood mouthpiece. Silicone orings hold the mp and condenser in place, again outside of the vapor airpath. So no, a Vapcap S model is not completely free of silicone.

I believe that titanium is the superior material for vaping.
http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-steel-and-titanium/

I think all the orings are silicone. No plastic involved. The stainless steel condensers use an x-oring and the Omni condenser uses the same high temp donut shaped orings as the titanium tip.

I understand the need for oring now. Thanks !
So the smoke never touches the silicone right ? For all models ?

I'm about to surrender and take my damn omni..

Thanks again folks !

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
This is one fine Friday.
My backup grasshopper arrived, gave it a test run.
AND my latest @Winegums body arrived and it, although the photo doesnt do it justice, is quite exquisite!
It got used as well.
One fine Friday indeed.

OQ3n8a6.jpg
Good to hear it arrived! That maple needs to be held in your hand to really understand what it looks like

dVnz7wq.jpg

It's small but casts a long shadow. This thing is killing me through a bubbler.

I've never had any experience with weed that hits me as hard as a full vapcap through my bong.

I'm kinda curious to see how much reclaim builds up on the walls of the piece without the condenser tube. Does the body feel warm to the touch after use?

Top Bottom