TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
So glad I ordered multiple replacement CCDs, as I've lost one already....

Are vong bodies notorious for tight fits? I can't put any part of my Omni into either end of the 14mm ebony body I got - I end up applying enough pressure to frighten myself...if there's a trick to it, I haven't caught on.

...just occurred to me: I'm gonna have to read this whole thing again, aren't I? :wave:

Ought to say, it works better than any vaporizer I've ever used...
(I have been notoriously unimpressed w/ dry-herb vapes since forever)

In addition to the Ti body & vong body, they sent me a GLASS body - hoping it would attract other loose pieces, I guess...this thing really is a fiddler's delight, innit? :rofl:

@Squiby - currently enjoying a frat-house version of your elegant hemp filter in the middle position - thanks!

If your wood body is too tight to fit the omni condenser and MP, you can try some fine sandpaper (200 and above should be good) but you have to apply a even sanding in order to avoid problems like loosy MP and such....
If you can't solve it, Matt will sure get his hands on it and will find the perfect solution as always!

Although, about the glass body, every Omnivap come with a glass body in order to see the adjustable mechanism and better understand it. It can serve as a backup body as well as making a Ti Glassy with spare parts one day!

But most important @ClearBlueLou, don't forget to take a little picture to fill the legend! Ah ah! :science:

Squiby

Are vong bodies notorious for tight fits? I can't put any part of my Omni into either end of the 14mm ebony body I got - I end up applying enough pressure to frighten myself...if there's a trick to it, I haven't caught on.

I always lubricate the ti tip orings before applying gentle pressure while I twist and push the tip into the VonG body. A bit of spit works great as does as a light coating of wood conditioner such as hemp oil or beeswax.

I guess...this thing really is a fiddler's delight, innit?

It is and its lots of fun.

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Does anyone know if you can adjust the bowl size of the original ti tip or can you do the sandwich hemp technique?
Yeah you can adjust the bowl size of the Ti Tip, here's a video of how to do it. Click Here

OOps! Didn't see that "Original" guess I should read this stuff after my sessions :doh:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My dirty girl being Cool!

am2488Z.jpg

npoEIWd.jpg

4AtS704.jpg

Delicious Cool Vapor!
Easy to use!
Simply Cool! :rockon:

Squiby

Does anyone know if you can adjust the bowl size of the original ti tip or can you do the sandwich hemp technique?

Even though you can't adjust the bowl on the older ti tip, you can still easily vape tiny amounts.

I've made fiber sandwiches with both the 8mm titanium screens as well as with the ti CCD screens. These sandwiches can be done in the old and new tips. The sandwich does tend to reduce the bowl size a bit. When seating the second screen on top of the fiber, I try to control the pressure as I push the screen in so that I stop short of compressing the filter if possible. The extra space keeps the filter loose and creates a better airflow compared to a tightly compressed filter.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
First off, I'm baked! :smug:

Had to test this out further....

My dirty girl being Cool!

am2488Z.jpg

npoEIWd.jpg

4AtS704.jpg

Delicious Cool Vapor!
Easy to use!
Simply Cool! :rockon:

Made a pretty significant discovery. I was caching out too soon!
On this particular occasion, I was not microdosing... which means I'M BAKED! Cr@p! I already said that! Anyhow...
I was vaping in a place with a lightsource to my side.
Heated the VapCap, out of the cooler. Click, put it in the cooler and inhaled.
Cool! Hadn't noticed that before... in the Vapor Zone quick heavy condensation initially upon drawing that cleared fairly quickly. Like when you breath slowly on a mirror.
So it had my attention... that was pretty cool to watch.
Next draw, same but condensation was not as heavy and cleared a bit more quickly.
Repeated this for another 4 cycles.
But I usually cache out after 3 cycles! :o And this was 6 cycles. (Reads: Your mileage may vary... variables include herb moisture, quality, ambient air temperature...blah blah)

All of my cycles were as follows:
Stop heating upon hearing the click.
Single draw maintained till cool down click reached.
Quantity was about .03 or .04g... (I AM SO BAKED! :doh: & :ko:)

Kind of cool that if you have something you can extend the vapor path through that is transparent, that you can monitor for Complete Extractions.

GQUL2Xa.png

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The glass barrel is no longer a problem: broke it.

On the plus side, I did NOT lose a screen, I just ended up w/ three of them jammed in the tip...

CLEARLY I have been applying FAR too much force: after clearing the tip, reshaping two of the three CCDs, reducing the bulk of the fiber mat, and trying to be VERY GENTLE about the whole thing, I found it all snapped into place quite easily. A test burn produced SUPERIOR results over all previous burns.

I feel much better now...

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Kind of cool that if you have something you can extend the vapor path through that is transparent, that you can monitor for Complete Extractions.

I agree, I'm using my Omnivap with a custom @Oregonglassblower carbed drop down and I've been amazed by how much vapor this little thing makes at higher temperatures. For the first few seconds the stream of vapor is so massive that I feared combustion more than once. Wasn't expecting such a great function with water, it relegated my Lotus to dry sessions only.

I'm using a piece of silicone tubing myself to pair the Omni with glass, I think we deserve a real GonG option given how good it works!

Chose

Soo after experiment with my newish omni (naw tip not new new tip) I was going to blow:smug: last nights bowl in to the bin
And thougt is there anything left
So torched the load with triple torch
Wow big clouds then I thought I want to play with the clicks
So I boosted between the clicks total disrespect
And the biggest cloud ever
Ime nearly a black belt in vapcap jujitsu
Ime on a spiritual level with my cap now
Ime
Going to do some yoga now
Loool

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@natural farmer It's a contact lens cleaning product.
You pour a hydrogen peroxide solution into the case and it removes proteins and bacteria from the lens.
The bubbling is a reaction between the peroxide and a high surface area disc in the bottom of the case. The HSA disc neutralises the peroxide so you can put them straight back in your eyes.

@Archaicrevival did it work?

I mentioned boost heating between clicks using a single jet
I spoke with @Mr. Me2 on Monday about the very same technique, but I use a triple.
After the initial hot click I did 4 more 'boosts' before the load was spent and I let the cap cool click.
Concentration is the name of game.

The other thing I've been doing is running low temp. click cycles.
2 jets on the groove, the single jet is running up the end where the clickers are. The click comes fast.

3-4 light and tasty cycles to start with, then I do a full heat to finish the bowl.
I've found the final hit to be thick vapor with nice flavour.

helatruralhome

Hiya- now worked out how to disassemble it but got another issue- for some reason even though it's 'clicked' I'm not really getting any vapour- nothing like in the Dynavap video anyway- can anyone advise? Don't want to combust my herb lol

helatruralhome,

herbalist33

Hiya- now worked out how to disassemble it but got another issue- for some reason even though it's 'clicked' I'm not really getting any vapour- nothing like in the Dynavap video anyway- can anyone advise? Don't want to combust my herb lol

If I were you I would try two consecutive heat cycles to get the temp up:
- heat up until the click,
- take one or two draws if you want, but it's not necessary
- wait for cool down click
-once you hear the cool down click, heat again till the click, and enjoy thick vapour.

I find sometimes the first heat cycle doesn't produce much vapour, but by the second (consecutive) heat cycle the tip has gained enough heat to reach good vaping temps.

Another thing to try is to increase the size of your flame on the turbo jet- most lighters are able to adjust the length of the flame, and I have found significant differences in heating with the same lighter but with different flame lengths. Something for everyone to be aware of. If you prefer longer sessions with more hits per bowl, turn your torch flame down.

Peace

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"You pour a hydrogen peroxide solution into the case and it removes proteins and bacteria from the lens.
The bubbling is a reaction between the peroxide and a high surface area disc in the bottom of the case. The HSA disc neutralises the peroxide so you can put them straight back in your eyes."

@phattpiggie is the "HSA disc" the contact lens? "Them", meaning CL?

Also, will peroxide clean the residue off the VC tip, and not degrade the O-rings?:razz:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@stark1 Here is one of the cleaning cases I have, the other one has the HSA disc fitted in the bottom of the beaker.
The disc is coated in a substance which over a number of hours neutralises the peroxide. They only work for a number of cleaning cycles before the coating stops working. H2O2 smarts a bit when you get it in your eye. Can't help on the cleaning effectiveness and O rings.
ajf7jo4.jpg

Top Bottom