Squiby

Noobie question, but what do the letters "OG" stand for? I'm thinking it refers to the original, basic, glass-stemmed, plastic-tipped VapCap... Is that correc

The OG Vapcap does refer to the original all glass body/tip. No Vapcap, not even the OG has a plastic tip. The tip choice is glass or titanium.

lgIMvYI.jpg

I am so happy that you post these pics so we can gaze upon them whenever we want. Beautiful craftsmanship!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Noobie question, but what do the letters "OG" stand for? I'm thinking it refers to the original, basic, glass-stemmed, plastic-tipped VapCap... Is that correct?

@Ricardo OG usually stands for "original gangster". Or a stain of potent Cali kush.

In the context of VapCaps, however, I believe it means Ori-Ginal, "Old Grade", which is the glass VapCap.

The predecessor to the woodies, Omnis, & Vongs.

Hope this clarifies things, somewhat.

(There may be other interpretations.)

PS you mean "plastic"~ phatt "rubber" MP, I believe

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums Beautiful knife handles! :tup:

Did you have forge the knives yourself too?
Thanks! The inclusion of metal in the handles makes for some really difficult sanding and finishing work. Different material hardnesses makes dips and peaks in the handle when sanding.

Yep, they're hand forged from O1 tool steel. I've been forging here and there for years now.

jay87

So here's a couple questions about the Omni Vong:

I assume to use the Vong you need to remove the titanium omni mouth piece to fit 14mm pieces, does removing the mp get rid of the variable airflow that the Omni offers?

I see that the Omni Vongs also have carb holes, how does this work if you use the Omni Vong with the mouthpiece and use the variable airflow?

I started with a Ti Woody S and now I want to get a Titanium Omni, Omni Vong, Cocobolo XLS, Burl bodies for my Omni and XLS, and mouthpieces to match them all. Then I start thinking about custom bodies and cap designs and then... Holy crap my wallet is empty! :doh:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
So here's a couple questions about the Omni Vong:

I assume to use the Vong you need to remove the titanium omni mouth piece to fit 14mm pieces, does removing the mp get rid of the variable airflow that the Omni offers?

I see that the Omni Vongs also have carb holes, how does this work if you use the Omni Vong with the mouthpiece and use the variable airflow?

I started with a Ti Woody S and now I want to get a Titanium Omni, Omni Vong, Cocobolo XLS, Burl bodies for my Omni and XLS, and mouthpieces to match them all. Then I start thinking about custom bodies and cap designs and then... Holy crap my wallet is empty! :doh:

If you remove the mouthpiece you will probably run into trouble with the adjustable condenser. There would only be one O ring holding it in place. Could/should be OK, but I probably wouldn't do it. Really depends on your glass, but in many cases you would have room for the MP, in some you won't. If you don't, a 14mm M > 14mm F could maybe give you the space you need if it is long enough. Sort of like a glass extension for more depth. I'd look to have a custom one made by OGB or someone.

I have one small bubbler that is 14mm I love to use with my VC. The Vong is way too deep to fit in the downstem. When I use this with my OMNI, I just throw an OG black rubber MP over the Ti MP and get a great seal.

I think there is a bit of difference in some OMNIs compared to others, but not sure. I only have one to play with! On mine, I can adjust it all the way out and get virtually no flow through the carb. This is how I often use it. With a Vong I don't have to cover at all to get very cloudy hits. YMMV

You can get a Ti OMNI and just pick up a Vong body of your choice that fits right on there. No need to purchase a separate Vong OMNI - though it could be nice to have a second OMNI. This works the same as all wonderfully interchangeable pieces that make VCs so fun - as well as extremely effective. As I like to say..... Barbies for stoners. You can mix, match and dress up your VC pretty much however you like.

Last edited:
I saw these crystal pipes on instagram a ton. I wonder... a crystal Vapcap stem???
$_57.JPG

This thing just pulls customize to it. A few things that found me vaping and helped me out.

The plug, the clip, the filter...
Love the pen concept. I would love to bring a pen into a club or concert, but I feel the heating up process is going to get you in trouble at the events.

I have another thought... What about stems with chip carving style designs? I used to do flat surface wood carving. I wonder how it would be with smaller stems. I can probably make a rectangular shape.. Now to find my old set..
A question about making stems though, the wood that's often used, are they going to be super hard to carve into?
Carve-Wood-5.jpg

hokaku

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
I just checked and indeed it's pretty damn expensive :o

The patent owners say it's cheaper than most Damascus. The linked Alpha Knife Supply list is sorted with the most expensive at the top... and that $1,614 rod is a 12 footer which should make about 70 standard length bodies. That works out to about $23 per body in materials cost.

So even after tooling and labor costs are added, the total doesn't seem like it would be unreasonable. Unless I'm missing something? :shrug:

hokaku

The patent owners say it's cheaper than most Damascus. The linked Alpha Knife Supply list is sorted with the most expensive at the top... and that $1,614 rod is a 12 footer which should make about 70 standard length bodies. That works out to about $23 per body in materials cost.

So even after tooling and labor costs are added, the total doesn't seem like it would be unreasonable. Unless I'm missing something? :shrug:

I'm baked and your silly American units make no sense to me, thought they were inches(?) ahah :D:sherlock::rofl:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

You are missing something. Those units listed below the bars are in inches. You could make 4 bodies with that one rod so you're looking at over $400 in material costs before you get into machining costs. So you're looking at a $575 dollar Vapcap.

That is 1" diameter bar though, they have much smaller diameter stuff like this piece https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/shop/product/1120 which would be perfect for a body. Maybe talk with George and see if he can make some magic happen if he's given the material? You would have the most baller Vapcap in existence.

Quint

When I first brought up exotic metals I mentioned Timascus but I figured I wouldn't be able to get anyone else to go in on it with me due to the extreme price. Generally it's 2-4 times as expensive as Damascus.

Unfortunately you're mistaken, it's 12 inches.

https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/timascus.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

marduk

daydreamer
I stand corrected. Guess it was wishful thinking. Wonder why they didn't put units on those measurements? I checked out the other sections of the store for Damascus and those are labeled properly with " for inches. I just assumed that length was in feet...

The Ti bodies are around 1 3/4 inches, so a foot should produce 6 bodies, but still... the price is pretty up there. Even so, I'm sure there are a few people on here who would pay!

edit: Hmmm... after further perusal of those 1/2 inch thick rods, it looks like the materials cost averages out to about $75 per body. Still expensive, but not in the stratosphere like that super-expensive thicker rod at the top of the list.

Last edited:
marduk,
Reactions: vapen00b

VapCap

Manufacturer
Wow!

What an unbelievable adventure the past few weeks has been.

Wisconsin reminded us that it is still winter here this morning.

IMG_20170125_075915581_BURST000_COVER_TOP_zpszwidqyxv.jpg

And this one looked so innocent when separate from the 10 trillion others.

IMG_20161217_141352460_zpsmqtmq8uj.jpg

Some of which decided to stick together into a rather familiar shape.

IMG_20161224_162821303_zpsdofbobuu.jpg

This one is a bit taller than some. The flower pot hat is a 4 liter one. Total height ended up being 3.5m or over 10 feet.

Back at the shop, we have been putting a good deal of focus on improving our order fulfillment as well as streamlining more of our Manufacturing.

And of course it's hard to let a week go by without trying to improve something. So I thought I might have to show you a few of the things that we're working on.

First here's a video that I think explains and answer some of the questions that many people have about the caps. Let me know what you think.

And then I had an idea. For a while this one's been rolling around in my mind. I'm not quite sure what to call it, but it certainly has an interesting geometry.

IMG_20170125_201835414_zpsudkjb0p7.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

This business has given me a whole new appreciation for mathematics and geometry. I knew these things would be useful at some point in time in my life, however I had no idea it would be to this degree or while working on a project in this category.
It just truly makes me smile as I write this and I hope it can inspire more people to make something. I find few things to be more satisfying than converting an idea or concept from a thought in my mind into something tangible I can hold in my hand.
Seeing others make new and custom stems and accessories for their devices is great. I think it is this level of interaction and the corresponding innovation of other people in this community that is in part responsible for the accelerated development of this entire project.

So with that said, I would like to first ask everyone for a little bit of understanding if there's anything that we have not met your expectations on. If there is please let us know.
Most importantly, I think it is important to thank everyone who has participated on any level as it has been this participation and interaction that has not only helped me develop and improve this device, but has motivated me to move forward with the highest level of dedication and effort.

And now if morning could simply come sooner, I can't wait to get back to work!

Cheers,

George

Squiby

Love it!!! Is that an OctaVonG body that you have there? What is its diameter? And what wood species would that be?

The feature that I like most in my favorite stems and bodies like the Copper Stoned, is its restistance to rolling off the table, counter, what have you. I love a stable Vapcap!

Great work George! I guess Im going to have to start a new Dynavap wish list!

The view could be from around here. We were pounded with snow the last few days. I had to cancel some planned trips to the city. Heavy snow fall mixed with freezing rain. Gotta love it when you're struck inside with nothing to do and only your Vapcap to keep you warm.

Awesome snowman by the way!

Last edited:

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
@Ricardo OG usually stands for "original gangster". Or a stain of potent Cali kush.

In the context of VapCaps, however, I believe it means Ori-Ginal, "Old Grade", which is the glass VapCap.

The predecessor to the woodies, Omnis, & Vongs.

Hope this clarifies things, somewhat.

(There may be other interpretations.)

PS you mean "plastic"~ phatt "rubber" MP, I believe

Wrong in both instances I believe. OG means Original Glass a la vapcap and as far as OG Kush etc the OG stands for Ocean Grown not original gangster.

rz

Yay my country is finally moving towards decriminalization (A step in the right direction). We have a thumbs up from all the decision makers and it'll move forward over the next few weeks :clap: I may finally get around to posting a video or two after all :leaf::rockon::worms::science::leaf:

Top Bottom