WirtDog

I prefer the SS woodwynd screen, better air flow than the basic SS and more durable than the more expensive Ti. Performance wise ww SS /Ti difference is un-noticable.

WoodWyndCCD_3Pack.png

Thanks for posting and sharing this info. I must be going nuts!! I just go through periods where I lose my touch with my Dynavaps!

budski

cantre member
got the mini today and put it through some testing, in brief, love the tip, meh on the miniwood; I tried the new tip back to back with my 9-fin on the mini and omni and MH glass bodys, can't tell a difference in performance.
The miniwood did ok with mini spiral and omni tip, but too hot with helix's extra air, not bad with the 9fin, will try with tomorrow with vaphitx and vong and 5fin tips for:science:

unberlinable

Question about the Hyperdyn: are the bi-metal plates actually visible on the cap and if so is it possible to see when they click?

unberlinable,

borbjorbis

In the last couple days, I've developed a new vapcap workflow that I'd never used before, and it's completely transformed my usage of the device. Perhaps this technique has already been discussed before, because it does feel a little obvious, but I really think it fundamentally changes the experience of the Dynavap. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing is up to personal taste, and in my case, it's a great thing.

The basic idea here is that after inserting my DV into my Wand, I start to pull on it after just a couple seconds of heating, while keeping the tip inside the Wand. I insert the dynavap from the bottom and rest the tip against the glass; when I put my lips around the stem, I can press the vapcap into the little inner lip, allowing me to hit one-handed. I take a nice DTL inhale, maybe fluttering the airport a bit, and by the time I've had a satisfying pull, I can typically exhale a fluffy cloud of tasty vapor. All of this happens before the cap clicks. In fact, with this technique, the first click is now my sign to stop hitting, rather than my sign to start. It becomes an upper bound, rather than a lower bound.

I should mention, I can often get 4-5 hits with this technique, all without ever hearing a click, by controlling when the tip is inserted into the Wand. I'll usually take the dynavap out of the wand whenever I finish a hit, then insert it back in when I go to take another hit. The physical rhythm / mechanism is sort of like hitting a terp slurper, except instead of pressing the device into a jar of concentrate when you go to take a hit, you're pressing the device into the IH.

Now, obviously the vapor won't be as thick as a normal dynavap rip since you're hitting at lower temps, but it's also no slouch. I'd say the density is on par with your average Crafty+ hit or your thickest Vapman hit. And the flavor is just fantastic, especially with my 2019 M tip on a glass stem.

So what are the potential benefits of this technique? The first obviously is the flavor. We're working at lower temps, so you get a much purer expression of the flower. At the same time, there's still that characteristic Dynavap conduction roasty richness, which I definitely appreciate. I don't personally love the convection terp blast of, say, the Tinymight – I think conduction can actually help deepen the flavor (like salt or MSG). I seriously can't understate how good the flavor can be: it's not guaranteed every time, but I just took such a good hit I had to comeback and edit this post. Especially with whole nug, I genuinely think I can get flavor on par with all the flavor chasers I've ever used: TM, Woodscents, E-nano, Tempest, Convector, Vapman, Lotus.

The second potential benefit is the signature. With this technique, I'm getting a noticeably different high compared to my normal DV highs. This makes sense: again, it's a lower temp hit, but you're also actively adding heat as you hit, so the thermodynamic properties are bound to be different. I find this method produces a brightness that helps bring the conduction high to life. I hadn't really been using my DV much recently because I found the high to be too stony and "dark" – this completely changes that for me. It's a real comfy high; not too sedated, but also not anxiety inducing. Moreover, I find that it's difficult to get this kind of signature while also getting this level of flavor. My other flavor chaser vapes often end up a little too psychedelic for my liking.

The final potential benefit, and in my view the most interesting difference, is that this technique completely changes the rhythm and flow of using the vapcap. Since you start hitting just a couple seconds after insertion (lol), there's basically no downtime. You are always actively doing something – loading transitions quickly to hitting, which transitions quickly to debowling and back to loading. It's a completely new ritual, and I even start to see the relationship between the individual parts differently. Whereas normally the Dynavap itself feels like the centerpiece while everything else is an accessory, now the "device" feels like the whole network of Dynavap, IH, Reload magnet + debowler.

Between the tastier hits, the more well-rounded high (imo), and the faster rhythm, I feel like I've basically unlocked a completely new device. And I can always switch back to the normal Dynavap technique to get a dense, roasty, stony MTL pull whenever I want to.

I'd be really keen to hear your guys' thoughts on this. Has anyone else done this before? If you have, do you agree with me that this feels like a completely different thing? I was sort of inspired by the BAKx when I first started trying this out, and I do think it kinda replicates something of the experience (especially the perpendicular L shape lol). Cheers if you read all this!

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
In the last couple days, I've developed a new vapcap workflow that I'd never used before, and it's completely transformed my usage of the device. Perhaps this technique has already been discussed before, because it does feel a little obvious, but I really think it fundamentally changes the experience of the Dynavap. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing is up to personal taste, and in my case, it's a great thing.

The basic idea here is that after inserting my DV into my Wand, I start to pull on it after just a couple seconds of heating, while keeping the tip inside the Wand. I insert the dynavap from the bottom and rest the tip against the glass, pressing into that little lip to make it work one-handed. I take a nice DTL inhale, maybe fluttering the airport a bit, and by the time I've had a satisfying pull, I can typically exhale a fluffy cloud of tasty vapor. All of this happens before the cap clicks. In fact, with this technique, the first click is now my sign to stop hitting, rather than my sign to start. It becomes an upper bound, rather than a lower bound. I should mention, I can often get 3-4 hits with this technique, all without ever hearing a click, by controlling when the tip is inserted into the Wand.

Now, obviously the vapor won't be as thick as a normal dynavap rip since you're hitting at lower temps, but it's also no slouch. I'd say the density is on par with your average Vapman or Crafty+ hit. And the flavor is just fantastic, especially with my 2019 M tip on a glass stem.

So what are the potential benefits of this technique? The first obviously is the flavor. We're working at lower temps, so you get a much purer expression of the flower. At the same time, there's still that characteristic Dynavap conduction roasty richness, which I definitely appreciate. I don't personally love the convection terp blast of, say, the Tinymight – I think conduction can actually help deepen the flavor (like salt or MSG). I seriously can't understate how good the flavor can be: it's not guaranteed every time, but I just took such a good hit I had to comeback and edit this post. Especially with whole nug, I genuinely think I can get flavor on par with all the flavor chasers I've ever used: TM, Woodscents, E-nano, Tempest, Convector, Vapman, Lotus.

The second potential benefit is the signature. With this technique, I'm getting a noticeably different high compared to my normal DV highs. This makes sense: again, it's a lower temp hit, but you're also actively adding heat as you hit, so the thermodynamic properties are bound to be different. I find this method produces a brightness that helps bring the conduction high to life. I hadn't really been using my DV much recently because I found the high to be too stony and "dark" – this completely changes that for me. It's a real comfy high; not too sedated, but also not anxiety inducing. Moreover, I find that it's difficult to get this kind of signature while also getting this level of flavor. My other flavor chaser vapes often end up a little too psychedelic for my liking.

The final potential benefit, and in my view the most interesting difference, is that this technique completely changes the rhythm and flow of using the vapcap. Since you start hitting just a couple seconds after insertion (lol), there's basically no downtime. You are always actively doing something – loading transitions quickly to hitting, which transitions quickly to debowling and back to loading. It's a completely new ritual, and I even start to see the relationship between the individual parts differently. Whereas normally the Dynavap itself feels like the centerpiece while everything else is an accessory, now the "device" feels like the whole network of Dynavap, IH, Reload magnet + debowler.

Between the tastier hits, the more well-rounded high (imo), and the faster rhythm, I feel like I've basically unlocked a completely new device. And I can always switch back to the normal Dynavap technique to get a dense, roasty, stony MTL pull whenever I want to.

I'd be really keen to hear your guys' thoughts on this. Has anyone else done this before? If you have, do you agree with me that this feels like a completely different thing? I was sort of inspired by the BAKx when I first started trying this out, and I do think it kinda replicates something of the experience (especially the perpendicular L shape lol). Cheers if you read all this!
Nice writeup. I have a similar technique with my Vapoven induction heater, where the top of the cap is heated and as a result you get super-fast clicks and low-temp hits. I like to pulse-heat like this for 4-6 hits, cooling the cap on a magnet in between hits; I guess this is not dissimilar to the way the Vapman + station or, indeed, the BakX works, with the slow heat build-up. Definitely my favourite way to use the Dynavap instead of chasing one-hit extraction and also a clear winner for hash!

Last edited:
the_hexx,
Reactions: coolbreeze

budski

cantre member

The basic idea here is that after inserting my DV into my Wand, I start to pull on it after just a couple seconds of heating, while keeping the tip inside the Wand. I insert the dynavap from the bottom and rest the tip against the glass; when I put my lips around the stem, I can press the vapcap into the little inner lip, allowing me to hit one-handed. I take a nice DTL inhale, maybe fluttering the airport a bit, and by the time I've had a satisfying pull, I can typically exhale a fluffy cloud of tasty vapor. All of this happens before the cap clicks. In fact, with this technique, the first click is now my sign to stop hitting, rather than my sign to start. It becomes an upper bound, rather than a lower bound.

I should mention, I can often get 4-5 hits with this technique, all without ever hearing a click, by controlling when the tip is inserted into the Wand. I'll usually take the dynavap out of the wand whenever I finish a hit, then insert it back in when I go to take another hit. The physical rhythm / mechanism is sort of like hitting a terp slurper, except instead of pressing the device into a jar of concentrate when you go to take a hit, you're pressing the device into the IH.

Now, obviously the vapor won't be as thick as a normal dynavap rip since you're hitting at lower temps, but it's also no slouch. I'd say the density is on par with your average Crafty+ hit or your thickest Vapman hit. And the flavor is just fantastic, especially with my 2019 M tip on a glass stem.

Ive always used "draw while heating" technique with the wand.and it's even more effective with the UFO to prevent combustion. wanna buy a dyna insert for the wand? I don't use them

will these work in the Dani fusion 2?
if the other dyna ccd's will, yes

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

Could not have said it better.
I too discovered it and it indeed feels like a different ‘mode’ of the vapcap. Very nice indeed.

Kozzmozz,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I've heard people talk about this but your write-up has inspired me to try it out. Afterwhile, that is. ; )

coolbreeze,

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer

You worded it out really well. I feel many wand owners who like playing around with tek will discover the one handed hit while its actively heating thing. This was my preferred method for one hit extraction for a few months.

Then one day I realized something that very well could be a health risk with this tek. I believe the wand emits a significant amount of EMF during active heating. Get it within a foot or two of your phone while the screen is on and it will start going haywire.

The wand is not inductively heating the phone, its emitting longer range electromagnetic discharges as a byproduct of the inductive heating circut inside the coil. Its a similar concern with microwaves and why they bow have Faraday cages built in. If the EMF radiated is strong enough to affect phones at the distance of a foot, how could it affect the human body when exposing your face only inches away as you hit on a dynavap? What about long term exposure over the course of years and decades?

That being said, phones are sensitive electronics. The touch screens especially and so the EMF emitted by the wand may be inconsequential. Or it may not. I have no way of measuring. So out of concern for my long term safety I keep the wand at arms length while heating up now. I also try to not hold the wand instead resting it down on the table.

Last edited:
SmokeyDope,
  • Wow
Reactions: Kozzmozz

BallzMcVinegar

I tried the new halo tip off the miniwynd on my usual set up and its really nice. It does a good job of staying cool and not transferring heat as much as other tips. Ive been using the B tip for the last year or so but I think the halo tip might get regular duty. I also tried the B tip on the miniwynd and its the closest feeling to actual smoking as far as heat and dense vapor. If you are a former cig/weed smoker and looking for that old sensation, then this might scratch that itch.

BiniBynd

PrematureEvaporation

I find this method produces a brightness that helps bring the conduction high to life.

That’s very similar to the vapman high, a bright conduction.

I think that it’s because you’re getting everything as it comes, rather than releasing it then applying more heat to it before inhaling - which eventually degrades a lot of stuff into the very stony and sedative CBN. I think conduction works best when it slowly ramps up the heat applied, so you’re getting the terps as they come and then the stonier stuff comes in a bit later into the hit.

I’ve noticed with my Solo 3 and Anvil, they both have a sort of insulating method to the conduction they apply. So by the time they’re ready to puff on there’s very little degradation and you get that full spectrum of low temp effects, and then high temp effects once the conduction heat finally gets all the way through the insulation

Top Bottom