Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Had my first Dynavap in like 11 months?!?!?!? Yes I'm surprised it's been that long as well! It's not like I hate them, quite the opposite really I hold them in high esteem 😸 And still recommend them frequently even. I was seduced by convention and it's smoother more flavourful vapour or so I thought?...... rewind to a couple months ago, after being deeply impressed and enchanted by the promise of the sense IH to be able to automatically temp step to chosen temperatures?!? My interest was piqued and my thoughts turned back to my Dynavap but the launch 🚀 of the sense was delayed which was a bit of a bummer but not totally unexpected for a new product to market so I put it out of my mind but thought I could get my Dynavap situating underway in the meantime since I've all but given away my Apollo to my ungrateful cousin lol 😂 maybe one day when he's fed up with tobacco batch bongs he will give it a real go but as the old expression goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink :rofl:. Back to tonight, had to go session with my cousin cause I had weed for him, I brought my usual tinymight, he smoked:lol: anyway when he went for more batch as he inevitably does, I went for a rummage in the 420 drawer looking for my...........found it!
1FEC88EC-67F5-4124-B7F6-D1DBF17E5D3D.jpeg
My 19m and second cap 🧢 couldn’t seem to find the stem but I also had my multiple size wpa back home since I got him the 14mm one with better airflow 😣😖😫🤬🤭 excuse my emoji mouth 👄 lol 😝. So I had everything I needed for a trip down memory lane but I will find that stem! Fully loaded dynavap with pie 🥧 in the sky 🌌 a lovely little sativa 🥰😍🥰👍 first hit heated high on the cap through my coffee table bong, a little whispy terpy and delicate but nice. Second hit heating the middle gotta nice cloud ☁️ and strong pie flavour maybe even more so than my convection vapes?!?!? Much more experimenting to do cause it was so much like wow 😯😲😮😦🤩 I’d forgotten how punchy the dynavap can be in hit and flavour……… dam 🦫 had another bowl for the fun of it.

Steamer

Not sure what’s going on here. My Flite is quite tame with ‘20 and ‘21 tips. I got this low temp cap last year and never really messed with it. With the torch it works as advertised, low temp. When I run it through the Flite I get most of it in two rounds, more like my hotter running older caps. Should I get more low temp caps🤔 Anyone else experience this? I haven’t tried any of my other IHs but I’m definitely going to fux with it some more.
Same experience with the Flite and 21M, I assume you're running it at full power? I'm very interested in what that low temp cap is doing, did you try it with other tips?

Steamer,
Reactions: ataxian

Bad Dog

Been hitting some weak but flavorful skunk haze all morning 🌄 it's also nice in the Dynavap :spliff: can't believe I've been away for so long ...... My torch work is still spot on despite not having used a torch for a year before the last time I had a Dynavap 11 months ago, it's like riding a bike you never forget 🤔 now I'm really looking forward to that MVS and eventually the sense!

JJ785

When I run it through the Flite I get most of it in two rounds, more like my hotter running older caps. Should I get more low temp caps🤔 Anyone else experience this
Is yours a low temp 'captive' cap? Got my first ever low temp cap, of the captive variety, a few days ago. It varies; sometimes clicking after the same amount of seconds as my normal caps, or sometimes 1-2 seconds earlier. I queried it with the retailer, who said that they were "calibrated to click 7-10% cooler than a regular cap and it won't take much time difference for that to happen".

It also has a somewhat muted click and the discs don't rattle, not that the latter bothers me but I wonder if the two are related. Gave it an iso soak but no difference.

A little underwhelmed with its similarity to a regular cap's peformance, tbh.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Bad Dog this is how it went down with me for dynavap. I had a few, treated them like novelties, but never really got into them and they faded from the rotation. Time passed, picked it back up, and boom DAS hit hard. I’m glad to see you picking it back up. I think you’ll will really like the MVS.

@Hetts yeah it’s captive. I think all the LT caps are? No double click on mine but the click is similarly audible like non LT caps. I’m not sure about soaking the cap in iso. I never put my caps in any liquid. If it was necessary, like oil got down there, I would do an extended air dry before using. Is this still the thinking on caps?

Last edited:
The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Ripstar

JJ785

I never put my caps in any liquid
Yeah, that has been the usual advice on these pages, to just use a cotton bud soaked in iso and no more. But dynavap posted a cleaning cap video tutorial about soaking it in water with a drop of washing up liquid, or similar. And someone here suggested soaking in iso instead to help free non-rattling cap discs. Doing that worked on one of my older caps, with no apparent damage to the cap. :)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, that has been the usual advice on these pages, to just use a cotton bud soaked in iso and no more. But dynavap posted a cleaning cap video tutorial about soaking it in water with a drop of washing up liquid, or similar. And someone here suggested soaking in iso instead to help free non-rattling cap discs and doing that actually worked on one of my older caps, with no apparent damage to the cap. :)

Indeed, DV says it’s safe to soak the caps. But if you notice using ISO on a qtip, doesn’t do much except remove large crap. The baked on resin resists ISO, same experience with my NV DCup SAPPHIRE dish. On that I use Simple Green Crystal, soaks off the baked on resin film, originally I tried an overnight ISO soak, it did NOTHING, that’s when I realized that the heat bakes the resin and I assume hardens it.

But, for my DV caps I went with the coffee cup heater and Dark Crystal Clear, which can be heated and reused.
Soak and Rinse with some water, let air dry 24 hours. They were CLEAN, though not shiny new, that’s elbow grease work I’m not interested in. Good luck, don’t be afraid of dunking the caps, they don’t rust...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Oh dyna vap
The heat, the heat is calling
From torch to torch and down the induction heater's coil

My concentrate's gone,
And all the flowers are mids at best
'Tis me, 'tis me
Must go and I must buy

But I'll come back
When rosin's in the meadow
Or with the herb all dank
And white with snow

And you'll be there
My BB9 or my shadow M
Oh dyna vap, oh, dyna vap
I love you so

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh dyna vap
The heat, the heat is calling
From torch to torch and down the induction heater's coil

My concentrate's gone,
And all the flowers are mids at best
'Tis me, 'tis me
Must go and I must buy

But I'll come back
When rosin's in the meadow
Or with the herb all dank
And white with snow

And you'll be there
My BB9 or my shadow M
Oh dyna vap, oh, dyna vap
I love you so
”M” was more decent than a paper joint.
Is a “M” still available?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
rewind to a couple months ago, after being deeply impressed and enchanted by the promise of the sense IH to be able to automatically temp step to chosen temperatures?!? My interest was piqued and my thoughts turned back to my Dynavap but the launch 🚀 of the sense was delayed which was a bit of a bummer but not totally unexpected for a new product to market so I put it out of my mind but thought I could get my Dynavap situating underway

We will see what becomes of the Sense. If they come out eventually and are all they claim then I will jump in line.

I just find it curious about this whole temperature adjustable IH thing. You can buy a battery mod for $30 that can adjust temps one degree at a time. Heathy Rips has been making vapes, like my Fury, that can adjust in single degree temps. Why is it so difficult to do the same with an IH? So now this new Sense concept comes along and we wait for this "new" technology that no one else has been able to produce yet.

Curious how Dynavap will react when this technology is finally released. Because once you can set an IH at a specific vape temp or adjust it at will, then suddenly the hallmark cap and its ability to click becomes obsolete to those who use these IH's. I would think that's a big deal in the dynavap world, and some folks might not be so happy about technology that makes the dynavap cap obsolete.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
It's an interesting perspective, but there's a whole bunch of reasons why this technology may not make the click cap obsolete...

Just off the top of my head:

The click is already obsolete in some of my sessions as I deliberately do not heat that far, I have read others who do the same here too.

Not everyone is going to want to drop £££ on such technology.

Just because you can dial in the temp doesn't necessarily mean people will all the time.

It's a safety feature, like a warning that you are at temp, regardless of what the tech is doing.

I am sure there's more, but thats probably enough?

Bad Dog

We will see what becomes of the Sense. If they come out eventually and are all they claim then I will jump in line.

I just find it curious about this whole temperature adjustable IH thing. You can buy a battery mod for $30 that can adjust temps one degree at a time. Heathy Rips has been making vapes, like my Fury, that can adjust in single degree temps. Why is it so difficult to do the same with an IH? So now this new Sense concept comes along and we wait for this "new" technology that no one else has been able to produce yet.

Curious how Dynavap will react when this technology is finally released. Because once you can set an IH at a specific vape temp or adjust it at will, then suddenly the hallmark cap and its ability to click becomes obsolete to those who use these IH's. I would think that's a big deal in the dynavap world, and some folks might not be so happy about technology that makes the dynavap cap obsolete.
Actually I think mag heaters was the first temperature adjustable IH thought I'm not sure if it has a sensor or adjustable wattage, timer? And the maker was difficult to work with. I think the sense is a more refined version of that line of thought.

Don't think Dynavap will be to beat up about those new technologies, anything that gets people buying their vapes only serves their bottom line.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The MH Sense is a ground up development. Seems strange but temp control on an IH requires a reliable technology to accurately read the temperature of the cap. That is not as simple as one might think. The second problem is that cap is not the same temp throughout. the work part of delivering heat to the tip is always much hotter than the tip itself. We want the tip temperature. That means there is still interpolation required.

Mad Heaters is paying close attention to this challenge. This is a real development effort so it doesn't do Mad Heaters any good to simply drop efforts unless there is a technical hurdle he simply cannot get past. That day hadn't come yet.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Personally I still want my cap to click for when I want to use a lighter, as well I like the tactical feel of the click and certainty I'm doing everything right LoL when I hear it. You could go clickless caps but I'd rather not drop a feature.
There are a lot of people that prefer a torch or won't have a temp adjustable IH, so clicking caps will always be needed. Perhaps obsolete was too extreme of a term. I meant to point out that a new experience might be on the horizon that won't require the click, and this would be a breakthrough IMO.

I think it takes it to a different level when you can program an actual temp, like with a mod battery, and then have it cycle through a series of temp steps like you might see with arctic fox or red panda software. I hope it comes soon and the Sense is currently the most promising. When it does arrive, my caps will click but it will be a backup feature for me. Like cars that can switch between manual and automatic shift.

Green Kiwi

Consider an induction heater. This has elevated my dynavap love from a rarely used 2019m to me now having 8 dynavaps and more stems.
This is what I am having wet dreams of, I like using it but I really don't like using a flame. It looks just soooo crackhead....,
even though you can achieve excellent results with the torch, me , I , personally don't like using flame torch.

The taste of a fresh bowl(super small head??) is absolutely superior, and I love how you can cash the little load in just two hits.

I think, I will have to save up for a induction heater,i might quit possibly end up using it a lot , Lot more.:tup:

Smokey McVape

The taste of a fresh bowl(super small head??) is absolutely superior, and I love how you can cash the little load in just two hits.
FYI most induction heaters currently available are less efficient than torches when it comes to finishing a bowl quickly, so for example if you are cashing your load in 2 hits with a torch, it could take 3-4 hits depending on which IH you use.

GoldenBud

FYI most induction heaters currently available are less efficient than torches when it comes to finishing a bowl quickly, so for example if you are cashing your load in 2 hits with a torch, it could take 3-4 hits depending on which IH you use.
SJK IH 3 seconds after click, it can finish the bowl in 1 hit. the ABV won't be black but all trichomes are gone

Top Bottom