kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am somewhat confused by the terminology and different devices... is the MVS the same as the Stinger?

If so then my previous post needs some correction -

Either way.... I love the Stinger. this thing in the photo below.... it has transformed one of my setups, huge improvement - worth every penny!

Are the MVS the same as this, or something different? And if it is the same, is the Omni really so much better?

Help me???

stinger-4_683x513-2.jpg

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
I am somewhat confused by the terminology and different devices... is the MVS the same as the Stinger?

If so then my previous post needs some correction -

Either way.... I love the Stinger. this thing in the photo below.... it has transformed one of my setups, huge improvement - worth ever penny!

Are the MVS the same as this, or something different? And if it is the same, is the Omni really so much better?

Help me???

View attachment 11326
You have the Stinger. The MVS is the Modular Vortex System, which is the Stinger with a two piece Vortex stem. I believe the MVS has adjustable airflow, which the Vortex doesn't (apart from covering the airhole with your finger)

No idea the difference between the Vortex or MVS versus any of the Omnis as I only have the Omnivap XL and no Simrells

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ahh cheers... that makes sense!

So I have half of the MVS, I think this has been mentioned to me in the past - one day it might actually sink in (it will today - honest!)

Thank you!!

Which leads me to believe the posts above are saying that the Omni is indeed a massive upgrade again from this, I mean half an MVS can't be as good as a full MVS and an Omni is meant to be better and the MVS a load of over-hyped garbage right...?

Wow... Omni must be incredible, I mean this this thing is sooooooooo smooth! Hits like a train with the 2019 tip and regular cap - cool as a fresh breeze when open / soft and fluffy dense clouds when fully closed... nothing even remotely harsh about it at all - I consider it my premium luxury piece ... I have much to learn it would seem!!

simrell 19.JPG

Squidge

Butane powered

So I have half of the MVS, I think this has been mentioned to me in the past - one day it might actually sink in (it will today - honest!)

Thank you!!

Which leads me to believe the posts above are saying that the Omni is indeed a massive upgrade again from this, I mean half an MVS can't be as good as a full MVS and an Omni is meant to be better and the MVS a load of over-hyped garbage right...?

Wow... Omni must be incredible, I mean this this thing is sooooooooo smooth! Hits like a train with the 2019 tip and regular cap - cool as a fresh breeze when open / soft and fluffy dense clouds when fully closed... nothing even remotely harsh about it at all - I consider it my premium luxury piece ... I have much to learn it would seem!!

View attachment 11329
No, you don't. The set-up you have makes you blissfully happy - do you really need more? It's likely to be spending loads more money for not much more, if anything.

The only reason I bought the Omnivap XL is because 1. I had the money and 2. It was being discontinued and I didn't like the look of the new 21Omni. Yes, it's different to the M19 I have but it's not a huge improvement. I like each for their own qualities.

And that is a gorgeous set-up you have there, btw.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
You are absolutely right of course... I should cool my jets haha - not that I was rushing out spending or anything ;)

And yes, thank you, although of course I can't really take any credit... the stem is from Mr. Plumes and it is an incredible work of art :love:

The combination of that stem, the Stinger, the 2019 tip and regular cap is very, very good indeed - it really feels like luxury!

Squidge

Butane powered
You are absolutely right of course... I should cool my jets haha - not that I was rushing out spending or anything ;)

And yes, thank you, although of course I can't really take any credit... the stem is from Mr. Plumes and it is an incredible work of art :love:

The combination of that stem, the Stinger, the 2019 tip and regular cap is very, very good indeed - it really feels like luxury!
Think of it this way; the Stinger would alone have cost the same as a regular M19 and flip knows how much the stem would have been... I dunno how much you paid for it but individually, it probably would have been the same as an Omnivap.

If the Omnivap is considered luxury, then so is yours.

Squidge,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Once again, you are correct, except I picked up the Stinger and 2019 tip regular cap here for a good price, so perhaps not quite as much!

Mr. Plumes is not as expensive as you might think - very reasonable I thought :)

Last edited:
kel,
Reactions: Squidge

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I always said I'd buy the second generation Omni when it came out but the MVS also has my attention. For those of you with both which one is your go to? Then again the first generation Omni is on sale at vape north and that speaks to the cheap ass in me?????? Decisions decisions........ However its all a moot point as I'm waiting on the sense and it has a EOY release date. What's a medical patient to do?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Incredible.. collectors pieces for sure! I can't imagine anyone using them, but then again... what do I know?

kel,
Reactions: Squidge

passenger

is this thing on?
Is this old news?

If you do not load like the whole Vapcap, more like a healthy microdose (or a little more) and want it gone in just one super tasty hit - heat it and stop before the click, repeat after a few seconds, stop again, third time let it click and you will get one huge cloud that won't leave a lot left. I do this with my 5fin and a cap that clicks a bit on the hotter side. Especially on the go for sneaking in some vapor, it's an excellent method.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Is this old news?

If you do not load like the whole Vapcap, more like a healthy microdose (or a little more) and want it gone in just one super tasty hit - heat it and stop before the click, repeat after a few seconds, stop again, third time let it click and you will get one huge cloud that won't leave a lot left. I do this with my 5fin and a cap that clicks a bit on the hotter side. Especially on the go for sneaking in some vapor, it's an excellent method.

Sounds similar to a “full bowl technique”:
1st time in IH, heat till CLICK, don’t hit, wait till let cool down CLICK, back in IH till CLICK. You miss the terpy 1st cycle hit, but the next full heat cycle, gives BIG vapor. I believe DV calls it the “skip cycle”, or something close....

Shorner

Is this old news?

Or just heat past the click a couple of secs.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I assume some of you have seen this already, but in case you haven’t @khelek41girl put together a pretty incredible dynavap ensemble: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/p17n3z
Echoing the Reddit comments, “if you aren’t vaping through mammoth tooth in 2021 what are you even doing with your life?” 🤣

(Actually at first I thought it was riffing on the master sword from The Legend of Zelda series due to the tip color and reference to time!)

Wolfsie

Thank you!!

View attachment 11329
From my experience, I really enjoyed the MVS. I didn't think it would be a huge improvement from the Stinger- it's not. But it is a fantastic setup, great hand feel, and the turbulent setting makes the stem very much worth a try. My experience with the Omni 21, was not what I expected. I expected a great deal of improvement in vapor quality and coolness and was let down, for the price point. I was a bit disappointed with my Omni. I've read that the older model Omni gives very similar hits to an XL condenser setup. The vapor felt slightly cooler than an M, but nowhere near any Vortex stem by Simrell. The Omni is a nice upgrade if you prefer the hits Dynavap stock condensers give. I really don't care for them anymore because I have an MVS, a Stinger, and Joe King's Turbo System. So this is subjective, but imo the Omni is not necessarily an upgrade from what you currently own. Though the price can mislead you to believe so.

StringTheorista

Good morning, all. Just wanted to share my current favorite frankensteined cooling rig: grav pocket bubbler + hula stem
672-AB3-B6-6-A27-4-D74-B24-D-EC47-FEE5-A07-C.jpg

Smokey McVape

Nope, the mvs is hands free like the omni, you clearly haven't even seen one.
My bad, in my extremely medicated state I confused the MVS for the Vortex and made an inaccurate statement but hey, I"m only human.

Paying homage to the OG with JoeKings King Stem. I grabbed two in clear and one in green too. I’ve been looking for this stem for awhile. View attachment 10852
@The Stray Fox - Do you have a link to the supplier please, I have been after a glass stem like this for years! Thanks.

Top Bottom