Severmore

For those who haven't seen the Simrell MVS is live.

Not sure if you guys have seen or not but Simrell just dropped the Regulator which completes the MVS system check it out here http://shorturl.at/jluRW

If you recently got a stinger and just want the Regulator u can get that here.. http://shorturl.at/mxGHW
I'm interested in taking a gander...broken links?

Nevermind, easy enough to find! Thanks!

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
OK so I don't know how to feel about ordering a new vong now. Want(ed) one, but I've read about the problem and now the response, which came off as kind of not cool to me, I wonder what y'all think. I already returned an orion and they seemed genuinely concerned with fixing the problem, but this 'well hey it does other stuff' answer seems kind of like a tiny fuck you. Maybe I'm reading too much into things...

Vape_Or_Die420

OK so I don't know how to feel about ordering a new vong now. Want(ed) one, but I've read about the problem and now the response, which came off as kind of not cool to me, I wonder what y'all think. I already returned an orion and they seemed genuinely concerned with fixing the problem, but this 'well hey it does other stuff' answer seems kind of like a tiny fuck you. Maybe I'm reading too much into things...
I am 120% confident they will take care of anyone that chooses to return/replace their Vong.

But I sense they are kind of experimenting with saying "if it gets stuck it's still at a good price point" and kind of distancing the adjustable sleeve as a permanent feature. My guess is they are seeing if that sticks with enough people, they will have less returns. Not cool but smart.

I got my Vong almost a week ago, live in a very humid enviroment and my unit still works perfecty. I do notice the sleeve gets tighter when the stem gets really hot. I make sure to move the sleeve back and forth when it does swell, hoping it will wear it in a bit.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I am 120% confident they will take care of anyone that chooses to return/replace their Vong.

But I sense they are kind of experimenting with saying "if it gets stuck it's still at a good price point" and kind of distancing the adjustable sleeve as a permanent feature. My guess is they are seeing if that sticks with enough people, they will have less returns. Not cool but smart.

I got my Vong almost a week ago, live in a very humid enviroment and my unit still works perfecty. I do notice the sleeve gets tighter when the stem gets really hot. I make sure to move the sleeve back and forth when it does swell, hoping it will wear it in a bit.
I agree: they will take care of anyone who’s genuinely not happy/not satisfied.

I disagree with the implication that there’s something sleazy about George’s remarks. It’s a new unit, like the others just released, a significant development, and relatively few have hit the hands of folks who post here (it seems, so far); to say, essentially, ‘give it a chance, you might like it just the way it is’, seems entirely reasonable: these functional pieces, after all - this isn’t an art project. It’s perfectly valid to want a perfect piece for a collection; it’s also perfectly valid to like what you have.

Either way, DynaVap’s customer service should be legendary by now: happy customers and good word-of-mouth are at least as important as unit sales, and I’m sure that as they clear their decks from the release, they will welcome returns.

Vape_Or_Die420

I disagree with the implication that there’s something sleazy about George’s remarks. It’s a new unit, like the others just released, a significant development, and relatively few have hit the hands of folks who post here (it seems, so far); to say, essentially, ‘give it a chance, you might like it just the way it is’, seems entirely reasonable: these functional pieces, after all - this isn’t an art project. It’s perfectly valid to want a perfect piece for a collection; it’s also perfectly valid to like what you have.

Either way, DynaVap’s customer service should be legendary by now: happy customers and good word-of-mouth are at least as important as unit sales, and I’m sure that as they clear their decks from the release, they will welcome returns.
I wouldn't call it sleazy.

I work as a professional salesperson, (as much as i love him) so does George. He cares about community and customer satisfaction and i highly trust the company but there's a percentage of salesperson involved. It's a business, simple.

It's like thinking your drug dealer is your real friend.

Dont get me wrong... i have zero issue with Dynavap. I've been vaping since 2007 and have not experienced better customer service than with Dynavap. They are definitely my favorite company at the moment but I'm not blind.

Love my Vong!! Best yet IMO.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

You could always wait till they sort the issues before you buy one?

I realize I'm stating the obvious here, but ultimately if a customer buys a product that doesn't function as intended or as advertised by the manufacturer, then that customer has a genuine grievance and it's a full replacement or money back asap, anything less just damages reputation.

A tiny fuck you from George seems highly unlikely, all he really needed to say was "please contact our CS team and we'll get a fully functioning unit out to you"

Dynavap isn't a small home based company anymore and its customer base isn't just a bunch of lovable, vapor crazed maniacs(yes I'm talking about you lot) who are kind, patient and understanding when things go a bit wrong.

Dynavap has and is working on a broader market who want quality working products out of the box.
Recalls or release of sub par products and media statements that are easy misconstrued just cause brand damage.

snackmaster

re: the vong

Keep in mind the text on reddit was transcribed from George's spoken answer on a livestream so it may not have come out 100% as intended. When he referred to the eclipsing airport as a bonus feature he probably meant it wasn't a feature they had in mind at the start of the design process but emerged from the way they put the titanium liner/crowns and wood sleeve together. Obviously that ended up being advertised as a full-on feature, which is why dynavap is going to make sure customers are happy in the short term and work the kinks out of the design in the longer term.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Has anyone noticed that there is a third circular groove for an O ring on their 2021 condenser that wasn't on any of the previous year models? Haven't received my 21 M so can't be sure of them but the Vong Ti condenser definitely has it. Its the perfect secure place to move the lower O ring to block the air port off. There is probably another simple explanation that's eluding me.

NexVision

Has anyone noticed that there is a third circular groove for an O ring on their 2021 condenser that wasn't on any of the previous year models? Haven't received my 21 M so can't be sure of them but the Vong Ti condenser definitely has it. Its the perfect secure place to move the lower O ring to block the air port off. There is probably another simple explanation that's eluding me.
The small TI condensor was made for the spinning mouthpiece on the body's this is Y the multiple grooves.

notams

toke down Babylon
It's been my experience that for every 20-25 people who buy a product and are pleased there are 1 or 2 that were not pleased. However, the cries of the dissatisfied echo in the silence of the satisfied - translation: The people with problems are usually the only ones yelling.

So, I want to yell this even louder to anyone considering buying a Vong - The Vong is a beautifully well designed and exquisitely executed device. Buy it.

"Finding" the airhole has never really been an issue for me. I honestly don't understand peoples' issue with it. That being said, this is the EASIEST device ever to "find" the airhole. It's nearly impossible to hold it and NOT have the airhole pinched perfectly between thumb and pointer. Rocking back and forth to feather the airhole has a very natural feel with the soft curves on the wood. It's one of the easiest of all my devices to spin over a single flame torch.

I slathered mine with Dynawax several times and the wood is already taking on some nice patina sorta look. DV has been saying for years that you gotta wax these things. Basic maintenance IMO. The spinning hole opening thing - Flawless operation.

Oh, and people freaking out over it not coming apart to clean. Relax. Dang, people this is is not the first wooden stem. Grow up. We've doing this shit for years. It's not an issue.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I had to go dig my tube out the recycling bin to double check the “secret compartment“
but atlas, no extra tip.

I want to pull the trigger on the new simrell, but just bought the omni... that would be like $500 total
might have to let the VAS simmer and grab one next sale.

I’ve been abusing this new omni non stop. It’s a nice piece
and then looking though my collection, thinking damn I already have too many... haha... Just one more!

still need to order One of the Pipes new HotShots as well
:shrug:

Top Bottom