vaporculture

Don't like the look of this tip. It looks like a drunkard was employed to grind the air channels on the tip edge. I would return it if I paid money for it - I sincerely hope you didn't.
This looks to be one of the new 7-fin tips that George & Co. sent out for free in December. Most (if not all) of them appear to have these shallow V-shaped smoothed notches rather than the deeper U-shaped notches on previous iterations. That said, the OG 7-fin tips had very shallow and small notches and IMO perform better than most of the tips in the generations to follow, so perhaps these shallow smooth notches will perform beyond expectations...

Love what you've done to that Omni @vandalizedbythelotus -- beautiful anodizing.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks- I'm too dumb, what is that silicone adapter?

Says sold out, but you can get them at other sites as well, they are fairly generic, and can come in handy.

Do those “Nectar Collecters”, the bubbler part, work well?

I’ve tried a “Scepter”, 7”, 14mm small bubbler from Sneaky Pete, and I’ve found it takes so little water, that’s is mostly useless.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Don't like the look of this tip. It looks like a drunkard was employed to grind the air channels on the tip edge. I would return it if I paid money for it - I sincerely hope you didn't.

Everyone ie entitled to their opinion. In my case, the glass is half full.

Compared to the square cuts of the OG, the thin, sleek fins are IMHO quite elegant ( the spirals are a bit more shallow than the OG, making it less open— mounted on the Assassin however, its full bore ahead ).

Thanks- I'm too dumb, what is that silicone adapter?

Not knowing of something doesnt make one dumb: a bit of silicone tubing ( possibly one from a vape whip ) cut to size
for a quick/dirty fix.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Do those “Nectar Collecters”, the bubbler part, work well?
They work amazingly well for dabbing small amounts of extracts... i prefer them to a quartz banger (with torch) for flavor and rapid heat-up. Of course they won't be as effective for herb as larger bubblers but I think the design is ideal for attaching a vapcap at the front. I have the NC that has a screw-on tip. There ought to be a stainless steel adapter that takes the Dynavap's heater/bowl part and just screws onto the nectar collector, replacing its tip...basically a short SS tube with the right diameter and threading.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
interesting. ty for clarifying. not sure how that would work with TI tho. anyway looks to me like the 7 fin has 2 distinct grooves. i'm using mesh screens in the smallest setting lately and they are very securely stopped in that groove (they look exactly like the ones on the older TI tips, except the middle one was removed).

Eh you have the tip on the wrong end:lol:

Smokey McVape

Everyone ie entitled to their opinion. In my case, the glass is half full.

Compared to the square cuts of the OG, the thin, sleek fins are IMHO quite elegant ( the spirals are a bit more shallow than the OG, making it less open— mounted on the Assassin however, its full bore ahead ).

Not knowing of something doesnt make one dumb: a bit of silicone tubing ( possibly one from a vape whip ) cut to size
for a quick/dirty fix.
@stark1 - I'm talking about the air inlets on the top edge (formerly semi circular) not the fins.

RustyOldNail

They work amazingly well for dabbing small amounts of extracts... i prefer them to a quartz banger (with torch) for flavor and rapid heat-up. Of course they won't be as effective for herb as larger bubblers but I think the design is ideal for attaching a vapcap at the front. I have the NC that has a screw-on tip. There ought to be a stainless steel adapter that takes the Dynavap's heater/bowl part and just screws onto the nectar collector, replacing its tip...basically a short SS tube with the right diameter and threading.

Thanks, I was just curious about how well the bubbler works, as they used to sell an adapter that you screw on the bubbler, it ends as a 10mm female, that I could try on the Davinci IQ2’s, 10mm male mouthpiece. You could use the DV direct as most stems will fit into a 10mm female joint. Holding your DV straight down, so as not to dump any water, might not be fun!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: KidFated.

vandalizedbythelotus

@Smokey McVape it's one of the 77.77 gifted tips. they seem to have spent more time than usual in the polishing machine which could account for the loss of definition on the top cut-out. but the picture makes it look worse than it actually is.

the air channels are shallower and the flow is much more restricted than previous versions (close to a 18/20M) because of it with a regular cap (don't have a captive anymore).
hopefully this shallow cut air groove is not intended in the production run (unless it's somehow fixed by the captive cap) because extraction performance is impaired by the restriction on a normal stem/condenser setup compared to older generations. as it was with 20M vs 19M IME. it works well on a carbless stem with MTL draws tho.

@vaporculture ty it's actually heat treated ... it's a disease ... once it started i couldn't stop until i did all my TI parts lol

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

The legacy black mouthpiece that has been in the DV inventory for years is useful in a pinch

Geez, are there any toys you don’t own, or is that a screen grab. If you own that bubbler, can you tell me if it works ok to cool vapor? I have not had much joy, with SMALL water “hydrotube” type bubblers. Thanks.

RustyOldNail

I’ve always enjoyed my DDave waterwand. I own quite a few 14 and 18mm portless stems in glass and wood. They are awesome for big rips on water pieces. Naturally I needed one in Ti. Unbreakable is cool in my book. I’m also hoping Joe King will drop his Ti barrel stem soon.

DDave Omega Waterwand

Thanks for the link, I was unaware of this. I use the long Simrell, as well as a DDave glass wand in my IH, so this stem for me is TOO SHORT, as I like the longer stems, BUT, as an UNBREAKABLE stem for my IH, into a 14mm glass rig would be good at that fairly priced titanium model that’s listed. I would probably remove the condenser and just use it for my water rig.

JJ785

so the tectonic is 41 grams, shell shock I just measured as a tad under 35.

Mmm, how about the Assassin with a standard condenser added? Without tips.
as luck would have it, something arrived this morning. Here's the weight, fwiw:

size comparison with shell shock:

First impression is I like the extra airflow compared to the shell shock, which is already decent. Think I need to take a lie-down :brow:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Someone reported they got a cool Dynavap logo facemask with their Tectonic. Anyone else?

Very cool of DV! 😷

Last edited:

Texus

Very curious about this Jet Pack for the Shell Shock and Tectonic...

Top Bottom