ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry it took so long but its been a busy week ... here are some snaps of the
The 12 Milli Ti stem I was lucky enough to win a couple of weeks ago courtesy of Andy Capp. As I mentioned in an earlier post I completed the piece with a purchase of a DV 419 cap and titanium tip. Andy provided the beautiful stem with its dimple carb as shown. Feels great to the touch and allows you to really play that carb.

20190505-104419.jpg

Also provided was a DV titanium Condenser. It was necessary to remove the tip side O-ring in order to get the carb functional as the hole sits below that top most O-ring. Not so bad as i guess I can put it back on for water pipe use. Also i think if I invest in a DV Omni XL Condenser I can use the piece along with the Omni MP and have full Omni fuctionality.

20190505-104646.jpg

Wanted to include these next two snaps to show off the workmanship of the piece. The first is the tip side "babyfaced" concave finish and the second is the 9mm mouthpiece with the inserted condenser

20190505-115759.jpg

20190505-115837.jpg

I can't say enough about the piece and the quality and perfection that went into its creation. As I said in an earlier post its heavier than the Omni stem and that is a very good thing ... just the right balance and feel all around and it hits great with strong airflow.

So one last comment on this rainy Sunday afternoon as to the DV 419 cap and its importance to me in completing the piece. I've been a NY Yankee fan since 1960 when my Grandfather would take me aside to watch Mickey Mantle and all my other heroes on a grainy black and white TV. Nobody else in Brooklyn was a Yankee fan at the time as they were long time Bklyn Dodger fans and hated the Yankees as they'd lost to them so many times in the World Series. But my grandfather was a native Napolitano Italian and saw Joe DiMaggio as God ... so he'd take me for walks to Coney Island and around the neighborhood and we'd talk yankee stuff ... i was forever hooked ... In 1975 the Yankees brought up a young left handed starter named Ron Guidry who played a huge part in returning the team to its championship winning ways. In 1978 he won 25 games and only lost 3 and also won the Cy Young award. He always was an will be one of my favorite all time players not only for his heroics on the field but also for his soft spoken Lafayette Louisiana ways. He was nicknamed by his teammates "Gator", and by New York City "Louisiana Lightning" and his number was #49.

Sorry for the long aside but when I saw the new DV 419 cap, I like so many others must have, I saw 49. Dont get me wrong as I'm totally behind DV and the good thoughts that went into the design of the 419 cap, but I immediately thought of Ron Guidry and how I'd like to get it to remember him. Within a day or two the contest happened and I won the 12 Milli Ti and set about building my dream piece. I've appropriately imho renamed it "Louisiana Lightning" ...

Only problem is that its too beautiful to take a torch to just yet so I've been using it with my old Omni tip and cap ... my plan is to christen the complete piece on the night of June 17th which will mark the 41st anniversary of Guidry's 18 strikeout performance which is still a Yankee record ...

Thanks again Andy for your beautiful piece of art ...

20190505-115940.jpg
I love my OLD “M”!
The new one seem’s to be the ticket?
E as in DISNEYLAND
V-LAND is a place I loved to hang out!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey @cybrguy, here's a closeup for you, I hit in your honor. I picked this one up 2nd hand in the classifieds a couple years ago, it is a favorite, note the @Ed's TnT stamp, which is always fun.

Yep, as much as I loved the original glass vc, this is the one that really drew me in...
Woody.jpg

Needs a little butter on the mp...
woody22.jpg

Ah... much better

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hello dear vapers.
Does anyone know if the Fury Edge water adapter fits the dynavap tip? thx in adv
link to it: https://www.vapewellness.co.uk/products/fury-edge-glass-wpa?variant=31266408562750
cause all water adapters are out of stock on the eu sites that also sell the 2020 m :( mean something like strongarm adapter
i can sadly only shop from vapewellness or vapefiend..
I just tried a few different tips and they are all just slightly too narrow to stay put in the Edge Water adapter. (I am talking less than a mm)
If you were in a pinch, you could make it stay put with tape. Or if you got thicker o-rings you could get get a snug fit.
But as is, it is ever-so-slightly a miss.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
hi all just a psa...
I received my DV order 20m very nice, thanks for karma..
I also got the hummer triple torch lighter

dont know if I gotva lemon or if the tirch is lacking, but it fsils to light on any setting other than full throttle on the gas. I sm using good quality gas. Once lit on full throttle, I can dial it back abit, but it will not light at that setting...a real gas hog!

I have sent a message to DV to let them know
Informing you guys as well
any of you have this torch and having no problems, olease spesk up so we will all know that mine is just a lemon thanks all

elykpeace

exVASted
Does anyone here use a JoJo induction heater? I’m looking to buy one and would like to hear some user feedback. Any input you can share would be much appreciated.
Keep an eye out in insta @toggengear
Randall from boundless-carta-source vape is now in the induction heater biz. Toggengear Alpine is dropping in may and presale is starting next week or so. 99$msrp for the presale. 170$ I think after.

Solid aluminum body with a wood top. Button engages the heater when you insert the tip into the hole. 1000mah .. I'm excited!

alpine-2020-new_736x736.png
21_736x736.png

fatbiker

Randall from boundless-carta-source vape is now in the induction heater biz. Toggengear Alpine is dropping in may and presale is starting next week or so. 99$msrp for the presale. 170$ I think after.

Solid aluminum body with a wood top. Button engages the heater when you insert the tip into the hole. 1000mah .. I'm excited!

21_736x736.png

Way cool, thanks for sharing. I’ll check it out. Looks like a nice unit.

D4Dank

21_736x736.png
Oh wow that looks great. I’ve been interested in giving an ih a try. This may be the one for mee

fatbiker

I wish someone who had a JoJo would chime in. I would like to pick up a IH as soon as possible but can't find enough info to pull the trigger on any one specific model/manufacture. I see some have weeks/months for wait times and I am in need now. I like the Alpine 2020 but I won't receive it for six weeks yet. I may just buy the JoJo and see how it goes.

StringTheorista

I just tried a few different tips and they are all just slightly too narrow to stay put in the Edge Water adapter. (I am talking less than a mm)
If you were in a pinch, you could make it stay put with tape. Or if you got thicker o-rings you could get get a snug fit.
But as is, it is ever-so-slightly a miss.
Might be close enough for the thread-in-the -channels hack. Remove the lower o-rings from the tip, Leave the top-most o-ring, the spacer one, in place. Wind cotton thread in the grooves, then mount o-rings over the thread. Be sure not to use thread that will melt (polyester or nylon).

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The JoJo seems to be a very expensive standard model. I would not expect anything special. Availability has a lot of appeal.

21_736x736.png
I wonder if this is a precursor to the Alpine - https://imgur.com/r/Dynavap/HQBBO72

fatbiker

21_736x736.png

It appears as if the Pre-Order allotment has been sold out. They were taking orders until April 8th. Looks like I'll have to wait for this one.

fatbiker,
Reactions: ataxian

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Top Bottom