vandalizedbythelotus

hula over bb9?
10$ vs 30$
no carb is simple to use
short hula cools on par with the much longer bb9
doesn't need cleaning as often
nipples

altho bb9 is interactive and fits in glass piece natively ... they both have appeal but for me atm the short hula with a 18SS tip is my most used combo. damn i love the lego aspect of dynavap

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
hula over bb9?
10$ vs 30$
no carb is simple to use
short hula cools on par with the much longer bb9
doesn't need cleaning as often
nipples

altho bb9 is interactive and fits in glass piece natively ... they both have appeal but for me atm the short hula with a 18SS tip is my most used combo. damn i love the lego aspect of dynavap

A sawbux for a Hula, that’s a no brainer (besides, “nipples”!). :nod:
Edit: Hello. $18.47 USD

Franken’ ‘Cap luv

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
So anyone who tried both an prefers Hula over BB9?
The Mistvapes ones they have only the small one s available :(
And the Charlie ones only XXL with carb..
I wanted something that comes with a tube aswell for more protection

I have both the Hula and BB9. I put away the Hula stem when I got my BB9. I like the BB9 for water. But it gets gooey quick which impacts performance.

Honestly though my Simrell Vortex outperforms both of those for both native and water.

And today I get a portable IH from Vaphotbox. I’ve been running some experiments comparing torched caps to IH caps and definitely finding that the IH delivers bigger more consistent hits than the torch. And more heating cycles per cap: 4-5 vs 3-4.

I’m beginning to think it’s because it takes longer. I’m finding that when I turn my torch down and roast longer it’s closer to an IH hit: thicker and more flavorful.

I have both the Hula and BB9. I put away the Hula stem when I got my BB9. I like the BB9 for water. But it gets gooey quick which impacts performance.

Honestly though my Simrell Vortex outperforms both of those for both native and water.

And today I get a portable IH from Vaphotbox. I’ve been running some experiments comparing torched caps to IH caps and definitely finding that the IH delivers bigger more consistent hits than the torch. And more heating cycles per cap: 4-5 vs 3-4.

I’m beginning to think it’s because it takes longer. I’m finding that when I turn my torch down and roast longer it’s closer to an IH hit: thicker and more flavorful.
What do u mean by it affects the performance if it gets gooey? I mean how does it affect performance..?

beyond6strings

What do u mean by it affects the performance if it gets gooey? I mean how does it affect performance..?

The draw restriction becomes even more pronounced. I A/B'd a Simrell with the BB9 back to back yesterday and the draw restriction on the BB9 was noticeably more restricted than with the Simrell.

As it relates to portability the BB9 isn't great for that. But since I use it exclusively with water I only use it at home.

TommyDee

Vaporitor

I have the open frame IH and it must be much hotter than the VapHotBox. I was getting 3 good solid draws per cap (duffy and full). One flavor hit, one money hit, and the dregs where the medicine is for me. Since drawing while heating, I am getting 2 fantastic draws per cap fulls and seriously toasted. This is a power hitter's dream with almost no wait time.

Seeing how the VapHotBox appears to be tame to the load, have you tried drawing while heating?

And for everyone else - haven't you always wanted to be able to give your first draw a quick 'boost' while drawing? If you haven't done that with your IH, you're missing out! I don't care if you are micro-doser of flower or a one hit cap killer, these IH's can act like a cigarette lighted on a cap being drawn. With a tame IH, easy does it. With a hot IH, there will be a learning curve. I've been able to spike my cap with the hot IH with great success.

beyond6strings

I have the open frame IH and it must be much hotter than the VapHotBox. I was getting 3 good solid draws per cap (duffy and full). One flavor hit, one money hit, and the dregs where the medicine is for me. Since drawing while heating, I am getting 2 fantastic draws per cap fulls and seriously toasted. This is a power hitter's dream with almost no wait time.

Seeing how the VapHotBox appears to be tame to the load, have you tried drawing while heating?

And for everyone else - haven't you always wanted to be able to give your first draw a quick 'boost' while drawing? If you haven't done that with your IH, you're missing out! I don't care if you are micro-doser of flower or a one hit cap killer, these IH's can act like a cigarette lighted on a cap being drawn. With a tame IH, easy does it. With a hot IH, there will be a learning curve. I've been able to spike my cap with the hot IH with great success.

My only IH right now is the Caldron. I get my VapHotBox later today and will know more about how it compares this evening. I have caps that take longer to click that I use specifically for IH, and rarely go past the click more than a second or two with the Caldron. But I'm sure I'll get the count figured out so that the VHB works in a similar fashion to the Caldron.

And the method you speak about has been called dip and sip by some; you heat to the click take a sip and immediately put it back in the IH for a few seconds, and repeat that until the cap is done. Too much for this old man most days, but when you just want the hammer to drop 'sip and dip' is the way to go.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
And the method you speak about has been called dip and sip by some; you heat to the click take a sip and immediately put it back in the IH for a few seconds, and repeat that until the cap is done.
For some reason I've never been able to get competent at this method, but I have given it up easily. Some time soon I will give it a littler more effort and get it down.

Meditation

I own a vortex, BB9 and a glass Charlie. Only had the vortex a week but it wins hands down. It hits like a mofo, It cools the vape really well especially for its size, it has the least restriction but still delivers a big hit,it feels/looks really nice in the hand/eye and it’s indestructible what more could you want!
Then I’d pick the GC stem over the BB9, I really like the GC stem it hits like a mofo, also cools the vape well also looks/feels nice but I’m on my third! Tried one with no carb and honestly I was happy when that broke carbless is not for me! Then I’ve had a couple with the nubbin and carb hole, lovely to use just a bit fragile.
The BB9 is my least favourite (I like it just not as much as the others)it seems to gunk up quicker, I feel like I get a better hit from the others and it doesn’t feel as nice as the others in the mouth imo.
I clean mine with a bit of grain alcohol in a tube a few shakes and they come out like new.

Anyone with a vortex loaner, HMU.
Pore boy’s gotta see what the rave
Is all about.

( A bit rich for my blood )
I saw the vortex and it s very cool!
I would buy it but first i need to know if i like a butane at all :)
I own the Flowerpot for 4 years almost now and it s an undescribable vaporizer ! probably THE..:

I own a vortex, BB9 and a glass Charlie. Only had the vortex a week but it wins hands down. It hits like a mofo, It cools the vape really well especially for its size, it has the least restriction but still delivers a big hit,it feels/looks really nice in the hand/eye and it’s indestructible what more could you want!
Then I’d pick the GC stem over the BB9, I really like the GC stem it hits like a mofo, also cools the vape well also looks/feels nice but I’m on my third! Tried one with no carb and honestly I was happy when that broke carbless is not for me! Then I’ve had a couple with the nubbin and carb hole, lovely to use just a bit fragile.
The BB9 is my least favourite (I like it just not as much as the others)it seems to gunk up quicker, I feel like I get a better hit from the others and it doesn’t feel as nice as the others in the mouth imo.
I clean mine with a bit of grain alcohol in a tube a few shakes and they come out like new.
I wanted to buy a glass charlie aswell, but they only have the xxl version available with carb and that is 95mm long..it s a special edition with anti roll bumb, but they have a normal edition aswell.
i m very afraid of carrying it without breaking it at that size
+ the regular and the xl come with a carrying tube..
they have the regular and the xl in stock, but only without carb..

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
And the method you speak about has been called dip and sip by some; you heat to the click take a sip and immediately put it back in the IH for a few seconds, and repeat that until the cap is done. Too much for this old man most days, but when you just want the hammer to drop 'sip and dip' is the way to go.

No he is on about another way .. draw while heating.
Dip and sip is my favorite way, never tried heat while drawing.:science:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
3 down, 7 to go.
IMG-20200303-193013.jpg

Top Bottom