Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
Can not exact answer your question to the mesh screens from @DDave but I use a 300 Mesh Stainless Stell screen over my CCD.
I punch them out with an 8mm hollow punch tool from a bigger bow, works perfect no more any particles in the condenser and pure golden reclaim :science:

I replace it on every cleaning with an new one and the bow with an size from ~14*8cm last me now nearly 2 years but must restock it in near future. I clean my OmniXL all 2-3 weeks and I use it daily 6-8 times.

I found the hollow 8mm punching tool online. That seems easy (hammer it on the product lol) but trying to find the steel mesh screen to do it on. What's the best sheet to get? The size and thickness it needs to be.

Only thing with the @DDave screens, is they replace the original so it's only 1 piece instead of 2.

I use the ddave screen stainless and titanium. I like them but I use them more as a secondary as well. They are pretty good consideing and the ddave mods are great in general

Nice to hear from a customer.

LabPong

I use the ddave screen stainless and titanium. I like them but I use them more as a secondary as well. They are pretty good consideing and the ddave mods are great in general

I use my vapcaps like that all the time....a SS screen over the Ti CCD. It helps tremendously to keep out abv particles in the stem/mp and my rigs. I just cut down a 1/2 SS screen with small scissors...then I put an upward elbow bend about 2-3mm high....pretty much a mini version of the ones I make to use in arizer wpa's.

I can not tell from the small pics on DDave's site......do the screens have a elbow bend in the edge? I am wondering how they stay in place if you use no CCD?

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
I use my vapcaps like that all the time....a SS screen over the Ti CCD. It helps tremendously to keep out abv particles in the stem/mp and my rigs. I just cut down a 1/2 SS screen with small scissors...then I put an upward elbow bend about 2-3mm high....pretty much a mini version of the ones I make to use in arizer wpa's.

I can not tell from the small pics on DDave's site......do the screens have a elbow bend in the edge? I am wondering how they stay in place if you use no CCD?

That's actually a great question. I'm wondering too if they just lock in without the CCD and how? I'm hoping @DDave reads these and can shead some light on these matters. Because it seems like great screens.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
That's actually a great question. I'm wondering too if they just lock in without the CCD and how? I'm hoping @DDave reads these and can shead some light on these matters. Because it seems like great screens.
There is no flare or bend to them they are just cut perfectly sized to hold in there. But Yes you can use them alone and they hold. Yes cutting screens works in a pinch but these are exact size as a ccd and I gotta say are pretty beefy. I def like having them and for the price just grab a bunch when placing an order. I thow some in everytime I do. Id def try both as the ti ones are stiffer. Im sorry I should habe put more details the first time around. I pretty much always have them in as secondays keeps from having to move the ccd so much and beating them up too much. Not that I have that issue w my danielj IST. You should see reach out for one of you adjust the position of your ccd or screens alot. And keeps them flat way longer

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
There is no flare or bend to them they are just cut perfectly sized to hold in there. But Yes you can use them alone and they hold. Yes cutting screens works in a pinch but these are exact size as a ccd and I gotta say are pretty beefy. I def like having them and for the price just grab a bunch when placing an order. I thow some in everytime I do. Id def try both as the ti ones are stiffer. Im sorry I should habe put more details the first time around. I pretty much always have them in as secondays keeps from having to move the ccd so much and beating them up too much. Not that I have that issue w my danielj IST. You should see reach out for one of you adjust the position of your ccd or screens alot. And keeps them flat way longer

Nice. This is very good to know. $1 for 3 is amazing. So definitely ordering a few packs.

Bearded エーティーエム,
Reactions: thejackalsmark

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I like to leave my CCD screen in with the coil. I think it helps retain heat and keeps the oil from dripping into the stem as easily.

I also like to heat up the VC a little with the cap off then use a poker to extract the coil. The heat releases the oil that makes it stick in the tip.

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
15 percent off sale too

Just ordered 30 of them haha. Cheap as hell and it's a great long term thing.

I like to leave my CCD screen in with the coil. I think it helps retain heat and keeps the oil from dripping into the stem as easily.

I also like to heat up the VC a little with the cap off then use a poker to extract the coil. The heat releases the oil that makes it stick in the tip.

That makes a lot of sense for sure. I'll definitely keep the coil in. And now that I will have @DDave mesh TI screens, it's even more help to keep any oil ect away from anything past it.

Prophecy

I found the hollow 8mm punching tool online. That seems easy (hammer it on the product lol) but trying to find the steel mesh screen to do it on. What's the best sheet to get? The size and thickness it needs to be.

Only thing with the @DDave screens, is they replace the original so it's only 1 piece instead of 2.

This was the seller where I have bought the sheet https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...in_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&language=en_GB&psc=1

Look on the E-cig stuff for coil making. I use the CCD also because the SS screen is not so stiff and I use only the smallest bowl setting, with a not so stiff screen it is not so ideal when the screen always slip down the bowl.

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Regarding stealth for our friends living in non compliant areas...

Been thinking about this since the DV flashlight. Two must haves come to mind; a form factor that self describes as a common thing, and the smell proof thing.

I came up with this, and sourced the 2 tubes. I cleaned them in the ultrsound and tested them for watertight. The aluminum tube houses a M shown with tip and spinning mp. The ss steel tube wil hold a lot of herb, or an xtra tip and some herb. Depending on the size of the eyeglass case, 1 or 2 SS containers will fit. The lighter is a triple flame...fast heat up times.

If there is any interest, I can put together kits, w/out the lighter, for a fee. I would clean and test all tubes. I havent settled on a glasses case yet. Of course, Folks can research and source the components on their own.

Any suggs for a better option. I dont need this myself, but am thinking of our people that need stealth.

IMG-7915.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My Friends, you rise way too early in the day (on a Saturday, but then again, it's never too early to Wake n Bake!)!

There is no flare or bend to them they are just cut perfectly sized to hold in there. But Yes you can use them alone and they hold. Yes cutting screens works in a pinch but these are exact size as a ccd and I gotta say are pretty beefy.
They are sized very specifically. Large enough to take a hold against the tip sides, but not enough to cause the screen to bow.

Just ordered 30 of them haha. Cheap as hell and it's a great long term thing.

That makes a lot of sense for sure. I'll definitely keep the coil in. And now that I will have @DDave mesh TI screens, it's even more help to keep any oil ect away from anything past it.

Just packed and shipping out!

Tip: Keep your screens cleaner! Empty the VapCap while it's still quite warm. If you forget and have a load of ABV in there that has cooled off, just reheat the vape again till the click and then dump. I'm rocking the same Ti screen for almost a month now. And if airflow seems restricted, but the screen still looks clean, heat the VapCap empty to the second click and inhale as if it's loaded with herb. You'll notice a bit of vapor generated by this, caused by the release of resin from the screen.

Pro Tip: If you want to flame them clean, you can absolutely. The Ti screens hold up to this better. Grab yourselves a pair of box mod ceramic tipped tweezers and use them to hold your screens while flaming them off.

@Bearded アレン , if you get same mileage from your screens as I do mine (averaging 1 month use), then you just obtained 2.5 years worth of screens... :o :rockon:

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
My Friends, you rise way too early in the day (on a Saturday, but then again, it's never too early to Wake n Bake!)!

They are sized very specifically. Large enough to take a hold against the tip sides, but not enough to cause the screen to bow.

Just packed and shipping out!

Tip: Keep your screens cleaner! Empty the VapCap while it's still quite warm. If you forget and have a load of ABV in there that has cooled off, just reheat the vape again till the click and then dump. I'm rocking the same Ti screen for almost a month now. And if airflow seems restricted, but the screen still looks clean, heat the VapCap empty to the second click and inhale as if it's loaded with herb. You'll notice a bit of vapor generated by this, caused by the release of resin from the screen.

Pro Tip: If you want to flame them clean, you can absolutely. The Ti screens hold up to this better. Grab yourselves a pair of box mod ceramic tipped tweezers and use them to hold your screens while flaming them off.

@Bearded アレン , if you get same mileage from your screens as I do mine (averaging 1 month use), then you just obtained 2.5 years worth of screens... :o :rockon:

Lmfao that's exactly my goal haha. I really appreciate you and your work my friend.

Dynalowrider

I bought some Dremel #532 ss end brushes, (bristles straight out end of shaft.) I chucked one up in a pin vice, with a straw over the shaft to keep the bristles small enough to get in the bowl. I always empty warm and brush the screen. Doc

Top Bottom