TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@RogueGuy

Yes I'm still making stems. Bought a basic old woodturning lathe, which has been a big learning curve. I've been mucking around trying stuff out, had a many go wrong, so progress has been a bit slow.

Also been experimenting with air flow and different finishes. I'll post some photos once I've got something worthwhile to show. :tup:

lookhigh

FC member
Yes but with a 6+ month wait list. I got on the list in late Feb of this year and number still has not come up yet.

For those who may not know, Dave just released a more economically priced version of the Beast on his site...$85. I am curious on the heat up time for this and why this is a good alternative to an IH.

Also, for those in the EU I believe that @phattpiggie will be the guy that can hook you up with an IH.
up to Feb 18 is done next batch any day now.

NitroRIP

Had to show off my latest addition - from https://www.simrellcollection.com . I'm in love with the look, and the hit from his vortex is really light and smooth. Really happy with this stem! Woot! :)

20190918-DSC01891.jpg
That is an awesome looking piece mate -love the black and blue. Has anyone on here seen the stems that chight420 has been posting on Reddup's Dynavap page? He is based in Vietnam and is putting out some wicked looking stems at a quarter of the price of Simrell's. Should check them out -cheers.

StringTheorista

@thejackalsmark thanks. its funny cuz all my vaping buddies are people on line cuz no one in my life is really a pot head like me.
Same here.
3-D2-B4-C0-B-221-A-46-B9-AEDD-2-A2-A84-CDC1-AC.jpg

Did some heat anodizing with my triple torch. Colorful condenser looks good in the RWW 2mmXL.

I use a ball of hemp fiber in the back of the tip as a filter. When they’re good and resinous, roll in the bottom of my grinder. Popped one in this setup tonight, very nice.

D4Dank

Same here.
3-D2-B4-C0-B-221-A-46-B9-AEDD-2-A2-A84-CDC1-AC.jpg

Did some heat anodizing with my triple torch. Colorful condenser looks good in the RWW 2mmXL.

I use a ball of hemp fiber in the back of the tip as a filter. When they’re good and resinous, roll in the bottom of my grinder. Popped one in this setup tonight, very nice.
How do you like the glass stem with the air port? I have an older rogue glass stem without the carb and always imagined it would be better with a port

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Holy crap, that's a long time! :uhh:
How long does it take with a torch? I was getting inconsistent results with a torch but it took about 15 seconds. The consistency of electric heating, I assume IH is similar, seals the deal for me. I get exactly the vapor I like everytime. No surprise combustion or burnt toast. It's a game changer for me. I really think electric heaters are going to be a major trend in dv. The other thing for me is I can't hear the click (guns and rock and roll blew out my hearing) so being able to just run on a timed cycle is huge for me.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
How long does it take with a torch? I was getting inconsistent results with a torch but it took about 15 seconds. The consistency of electric heating, I assume IH is similar, seals the deal for me. I get exactly the vapor I like everytime. No surprise combustion or burnt toast. It's a game changer for me. I really think electric heaters are going to be a major trend in dv. The other thing for me is I can't hear the click (guns and rock and roll blew out my hearing) so being able to just run on a timed cycle is huge for me.
Sorry about your hearing loss.
Necessity being the mother of invention, I can see why a timed session is a must for you, and why you are focusing on that approach. I wish you best success with your heater.

I am mostly a torch guy, but I do have a portside mini, which I focused on this week. Being able to hear the clinck is mandatory, as heat times on a IH is dependant upon how well you center the VC in the well. The well on the portside is about at the smallest diameter that will work. Temps are consistant but times vary, so the click must be heard.

With the torch (a triple) I do sometimes get things too toasty...man, I hate that! I use the Vertigo triple cuz with my eyesight , the the fliptop lid and the big flame, help me orientate.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TheThriftDrifter cool, cant wait to see!

@StringTheorista Nice. When @danielj makes me the spacers I'll send you one.

@stark1 I love how easy the airport is to find with your finger

@D4Dank that stem with condenser was an eye opener. Basically no vapor goes in the stem, it goes directly into the condenser. I'll assume this is the case with all condenser stems. If you are looking for a carbed version of the old stem, check out one of the other styles like the Robusto.

Papi

SevGen
i have a @Pipes caldron and love it ... small ... simple ... discreet

i'm probably gonna get a portside mini from him too although honestly i would rather use 18650's since i have a bunch of them ... but i'm sure i would like the portside mini as much as my caldron.
Have you had the caldron adapter crap out yet? Mine is a few months old with very very light use and today I get no blue power light on the adapter. That didn't last long!

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Have you had the caldron adapter crap out yet? Mine is a few months old with very very light use and today I get no blue power light on the adapter. That didn't last long!
Ive had this happen w certain tips. Sometimes unplugging for a bit brings it back. Give it a try. Worth a shot.

StringTheorista

How do you like the glass stem with the air port? I have an older rogue glass stem without the carb and always imagined it would be better with a port
I like it more than I expected to. I love the original RWW stem (with the red o-rings), and I got this one just to try something with an air port. He really got the ergonomics right. The air port is super easy to find, and the diameter of the stem feels really great in the hand. Two thumbs up!

To clarify—I expected to maybe be underwhelmed because the point of a glass stem in my mind was to avoid a metal condenser in the air path. (The OG glass vapcap had a glass condenser.) But I was pleasantly surprised how much the ergonomics and the ability to “decorate” the condenser and jazz up the look appealed to me

Last edited:
Top Bottom