• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

nonamekevin

"Get a dynavap M, its the best cheapest vape option there is", they say!

Followed by... you'll need a quality torch that'll probably give you issues if you dont also buy high quality expensive butane. Then youll need a titanium tip to replace your SS. Now you definitely need a nice dynastash and induction heater! Oh, and have you seen all these nice stems available? How about stepping up to the Omni condenser now that you're hooked?!?!

Hundreds of dollars later you're almost satisfied!
In my opinion, it sounds like you might be trying to use a dynavap for every situation, because that's how I felt. Spent a bunch of money on vapcaps and accessories, trying to come up with a configuration for every use, but it seemed like I was never truly satisfied.

Now, I use my dynavaps only in two situations:
1) Out and about, a dynavap is fantastic in a Dynastash.
2) When I'm running low on herb and I want to stretch it out.

But my daily is my SBrunt. It's faster and has a larger bowl. Flavor is phenomenal. I don't like the vapcaps less than I did earlier, I just use them for what they were originally intended. On the go, quick hits, micro dose.

caliganja420

Why are these induction heaters getting so expensive??? They use the same cheap Chinese parts, and I understand people need to make a profit, but 150.00 seriously? :doh:

$150 for that particular unit (vaphotbox) is a great deal. It has 2 18650 batteries that are user replaceable. It has a very pleasing design that is comfortable to hold and great to take anywhere. Its very similar to lucid customs, plastic outer shell. The hotbox unit lasts about 100 clicks (20-25 bowls). The lucid mini induction heater is $200 and the batts are not user replaceable, as well it only lasts about less then 20 clicks (4-5 bowls), that’s very very low, you would have to charge multiple times a day if you vape throughout the day (like me). The portside mini gets about 10 bowls (45-50 clicks). The only other IH that can get 20 bowls (100 clicks) is the fluxer deluxe, and that one ends up coming up to a little over $150, and a 6 month wait, LOL.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
In my opinion, it sounds like you might be trying to use a dynavap for every situation, because that's how I felt. Spent a bunch of money on vapcaps and accessories, trying to come up with a configuration for every use, but it seemed like I was never truly satisfied.

But my daily is my SBrunt. It's faster and has a larger bowl. Flavor is phenomenal. I don't like the vapcaps less than I did earlier, I just use them for what they were originally intended. On the go, quick hits, micro dose.

I use mine mainly when I want to vape whole flower without grinding. The Dyanavap far and away does this better than any other vape I’ve ever used, and it’s a real pleasure. I have a spare tip with a concentrate coil in it but I rarely use it. Whole flower in a Dynavap is where it’s at.

vandalizedbythelotus

Why are these induction heaters getting so expensive??? They use the same cheap Chinese parts, and I understand people need to make a profit, but 150.00 seriously? :doh:
i'm currently in the process of building a portable "nothing fancy" 3x18650 one and it's like 100$ just for the parts.
if i were to make and sell them ... would have to sell for 2x to be worth doing imho as research and building take quite a bit of time tbh

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Time is a commodity that's beyond priceless.

Since the beginning I've struggled to price stems and now IH enclosures.
Starting out cheap to prove to the community and myself that I was capable of turning out pieces that people liked and functioned properly.

Everyone places value differently and we don't all have the same amount of disposable income.
If anyone feels I'm too expensive then I'm fine with that.

As it's evolved and with the realisation of what goes into a piece prices have gone up accordingly but at the same time I offer a unique opportunity for customers to see the whole process.

Personal tastes are all very different and even if something doesn't float my boat I do appreciate the work that's gone into the design and manufacture.
Pricing is another thing and whilst time and effort are admirable greed is not.

It'll be interesting to hear of any dry HV usage, it is the only stem currently on the market that truly utilises cyclonic action of incoming fresh air.

djp1313

I don't think it's a newbie thing with the problems.

I've had an M for a while now and have just got an omnivong in the 420 offer and have a few issues with it...

Quite often when I dump the load, the ti screen comes out with it too, bit of a pain if I drop it on the carpet when trying to get to back in, as it takes AGES to find the little bugger!

Also the tip is that loose in the wooden body that it comes out when I try and remove the cap at times.

So not just 'newbies' having issues.
My 2019 tip is extremely loose in the body. Same here, when I go to take off the cap the whole tip comes out.
I sent pictures to them and they said it looks like my o-Rings are bad.
They looked fine and I only used it a couple of times.
They sent me new ones and it’s a real pain in the ass to remove the old ones.
Well same problem. Still loose!
I even tried 3 different tips from other DynaVaps that are perfect and they are all loose on my 2019 body.
They stopped responding to my emails.
I even tried to contact them on instagram.
Not cool!
The one customer service guy who sent the o-rings said to let him know how it works out.
I responded not good and now he won’t even return my emails.
Customer Service is key to a successful business.
In the past I thought they were pretty good but now I feel their customer service Sucks!

djp1313,

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
C6092-BB4-7923-4-BAD-97-BD-523-E15416875.jpg
The Finsters by ACC

Squiby

How can I get more information on these?
Contact @Andy Capp directly through a PM (personal message). Scroll to his post above, click on his name under his avatar. A new box will appear. Click on start "start a conversation".

Alternatively you can just click on your inbox located at the top right corner of the screen.

Good luck! If you buy one please post pictures for all of us to live vicariously through your good fortune. I don't have an Andy Capp stem yet but it is on my list. I've only heard wonderful things about doing business with him and his stems are absolutely stunning.

djp1313

Contact @Andy Capp directly through a PM (personal message). Scroll to his post above, click on his name under his avatar. A new box will appear. Click on start "start a conversation".

Alternatively you can just click on your inbox located at the top right corner of the screen.

Good luck! If you buy one please post pictures for all of us to live vicariously through your good fortune. I don't have an Andy Capp stem yet but it is on my list. I've only heard wonderful things about doing business with him and his stems are absolutely stunning.
Thanks I just sent him a message.

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis

Hey Squiby. So my new job is as an inspector. Today I was required to inspect you and see if you are still handing out the absolute best possible, most considerate and approriate, helpful advice to any who ask.

And they also wanted me to observe whether this was being done in a respectful, modest, humble and sensitive fashion.

Now should any of these paramaters fail to be met... the consequences would be harsh let me just tell you that!

So your result? You passed with flying colours girl! 10/10. :cheers:

( I never doubted you by the way but they still made me check up anyhow ).

Your license has now been automatically renewed and you are free to carry on handing out excellent advice far and wide. :)

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker

Thank you Squiby ! :rofl:

martinstraka8282

Haha, yes and no, but good point. I was more trying to be humorous than anything, but it doesn't feel far off.

If you want the best that Dynavap has to offer and the most convenient heating method in an IH, then it's gonna cost a fair bit no matter what direction you go.

So far I'm in for an OmniXL with condenser in a SS stem, Portside Mini IH, Glass Stem and 2nd Ti tip & cap, plus a backup of the essential accessories like o-rings and dynamag to glue to the Portside mini. All that was over $500 cdn with discount codes, and I don't even have a dynastash, torch setup, or any fancy stems yet...

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone I had a lot of pages to catch up on. What? DV hasn't released the IH yet?!? :lol:

First, my 2 cents on the Hydravong. While not super innovative or a game changer, I like it much better than the last design. I think it feels really good in the hand, spins super well and looks cool. Do you need it if you already have a Vong? if you are a collector, yes. If you dont already have a Vong, yes. If you already have one, you can probably live without it.

I have been really distracted by my sudden, massive improvement in my mental and physical health since my surgery. I'm feeling like my old self again, getting out on the bike on a regular basis and trying not to spend to much time in front of the computer.
20190808-164435.jpg

And just for fun. Talk about getting your back up!!

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My 2019 tip is extremely loose in the body. Same here, when I go to take off the cap the whole tip comes out.
I sent pictures to them and they said it looks like my o-Rings are bad.
They looked fine and I only used it a couple of times.
They sent me new ones and it’s a real pain in the ass to remove the old ones.
Well same problem. Still loose!
I even tried 3 different tips from other DynaVaps that are perfect and they are all loose on my 2019 body.
They stopped responding to my emails.
I even tried to contact them on instagram.
Not cool!
The one customer service guy who sent the o-rings said to let him know how it works out.
I responded not good and now he won’t even return my emails.
Customer Service is key to a successful business.
In the past I thought they were pretty good but now I feel their customer service Sucks!
Loose fitting parts are a bummer...a summery of suggestions drom others and myself
- loose wood stems. apply some foodsafe bucther block oil, dynawax etc. on the inside, not just the outside. let soak in for an hour, then wipe out well. A hydrated bore may not be so loose
- loose tip. folks have reported that a strand of hemp underneath the hi temp o rings can work. Remove the rings gently as they stretch easily. Use the end of a sewing needle or straight pin to gently lift the ring out of the groove. You can buy 6 x 1 or 5 x 1.5 metric hi temp rings in bulk for cheap on line- make sure they are hitemp. I have searched for hitemp 6 x 1.2, but have not found any - darn, thatvwould work great.
- loose screens. the ti screens can shrink abit during manufacturing, I dont believe the ss screens have that problem. If using a ti tip,be sure the screen snaps into one of the grooves. For ss tips, be sure to insert the screen completely. Also make sure your screens are as flat as possible...hamner them out if needed. there are folks who make mesh screens that fit the vapcap...have notvtried them

hope this helps

djp1313

Loose fitting parts are a bummer...a summery of suggestions drom others and myself
- loose wood stems. apply some foodsafe bucther block oil, dynawax etc. on the inside, not just the outside. let soak in for an hour, then wipe out well. A hydrated bore may not be so loose
- loose tip. folks have reported that a strand of hemp underneath the hi temp o rings can work. Remove the rings gently as they stretch easily. Use the end of a sewing needle or straight pin to gently lift the ring out of the groove. You can buy 6 x 1 or 5 x 1.5 metric hi temp rings in bulk for cheap on line- make sure they are hitemp. I have searched for hitemp 6 x 1.2, but have not found any - darn, thatvwould work great.
- loose screens. the ti screens can shrink abit during manufacturing, I dont believe the ss screens have that problem. If using a ti tip,be sure the screen snaps into one of the grooves. For ss tips, be sure to insert the screen completely. Also make sure your screens are as flat as possible...hamner them out if needed. there are folks who make mesh screens that fit the vapcap...have notvtried them

hope this helps
Thanks for the information!
It’s a shame when I got the 2019M it had some hemp fiber in the bottom of the tube but I tossed it.
I had no idea what it was or why it was there.
Non of my other DynaVaps had any in the tube.
I thought it was human hair.
Hahahahaha.
Now I need to try and find hemp fiber. Ugh
Thanks again!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey everyone I had a lot of pages to catch up on. What? DV hasn't released the IH yet?!? :lol:

First, my 2 cents on the Hydravong. While not super innovative or a game changer, I like it much better than the last design. I think it feels really good in the hand, spins super well and looks cool. Do you need it if you already have a Vong? if you are a collector, yes. If you dont already have a Vong, yes. If you already have one, you can probably live without it.

I have been really distracted by my sudden, massive improvement in my mental and physical health since my surgery. I'm feeling like my old self again, getting out on the bike on a regular basis and trying not to spend to much time in front of the computer.
20190808-164435.jpg

Hey, Ruff Guy! Welcome back! Been wondering where you went to.

Glad UR getting back up. Careful on your bike while UR recovering.

One tuff cat we R!

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply

20190808-164435.jpg

Didnt realize they had gotten them out yet . hopefully that means mine is coming soon. Glad your feeling better and living it up! that your dog? @phattpiggie i actually use my short wood vong w MP often without water. I just prefer the feel of the wood. So I am excited to try the HV dry too. @djp1313 they only included the hemp in the older tubes to accomodate the little gap to prevent denting caps. The newer ones didnt allow for movement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom