Squiby

I found one I had lost on the floor in the bathroom. Of course, the VC had never been in there,

Wonders happen! I got back my lost 7fin Omni XL damascus which disappeared one year ago

Then maybe there is hope for my coveted @Phattiggie Blackwood Square stem....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-35#post-1193035

But it now looks like a simple piece of dark-greyish steel. Covered with this dark patina (no rust) you can't nearly see the damascus grain anymore. Don't know how to get back the old finish.

I think you can re-etch your Damascus with a bit of acid, like vinegar. Then rinse, dry and buff in a coat of dynawax.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Am I just trippin’? I accidentally combusted for the first time, took Omni apart and did a quick clean with alcohol and small q tips but I seem to be combusting more often now. Is it just me or does anybody else feel that way?

Hoping I'm asking a dumb question, but did you do a good rinse after the ISO bath?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Am I just trippin’? I accidentally combusted for the first time, took Omni apart and did a quick clean with alcohol and small q tips but I seem to be combusting more often now. Is it just me or does anybody else feel that way?
I think the question needs to be, what are you doing differently? I suspect nobody made any changes to your vape...

If you ARE tripping, that of course could be the explanation... :rolleyes:

Skunkport

Be aware the outer body has to be covered with oil or wax to prevent rust.
Think about it for a moment. Not only will the oil/wax get on your fingers everytime you use it but it will make it extremely slippery to hold and if any oil gets inside the unit it will taste like shit - thats why we clean new vapcaps before use - no oil no problem.

Dude. Think sideways, it's the stoner way. We got plenty of oil and wax that smells goooood, just use a little resin. I got my fingers nice and sticky with weed, then melted a couple beeswax beads and rubbed it all together into a nice skunky blend on my fingers, then rubbed them all over my blackwood stem. Smells good enough to vape my vape.

New lighter? Too much acid? Though if this is your first time, it's not really more often mate :p

Jun84m

Hoping I'm asking a dumb question, but did you do a good rinse after the ISO bath?

Not dumb at all, actually I’m dumb I thought letting the ISO dry on it’s on would be enough. I’ll try cleaning it again and rinsing it this time. Thanks!

I think the question needs to be, what are you doing differently? I suspect nobody made any changes to your vape...

If you ARE tripping, that of course could be the explanation... :rolleyes:

Well I did have a cheap single torch that ran out of fuel so I switched to my triple torch. That could be it however I used it all day yesterday with no issues and I have been keeping the Omni away from direct flame. I will try again and keep it even further from the flame. Thanks!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well I did have a cheap single torch that ran out of fuel so I switched to my triple torch. That could be it however I used it all day yesterday with no issues and I have been keeping the Omni away from direct flame. I will try again and keep it even further from the flame. Thanks!
This could definitely be it. My triple torches (which I prefer BTW) are WAY faster than a single or double. But the click should still be your guide.

The 3 most important variables (for me) when using a torch are, number of flames, distance from flame, and whether the tip is already warm/hot or I'm starting from cold.

Last edited:

Whissmu

looking to the future
image.jpg

:peace::peace::peace:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Dude, thought you said some villain took it when you were passing it around.

You have more than one!

Yep, it disappeared after a garden party last year. I couldn't find it, didn't hear about so I was sure it was stolen. Yesterday a participiant of the party visit me and told me the story. After I went to bed that evening it started raining. He took the Omni away and stashed it in a small side bag inside his rucksack that he normally never used. He was pretty drunken - like me - that evening and had a black-out. The day before yesterday he emptied his rucksack for a washing and suddenly he hold the Omni in his hands. So no villain just a naughty drunkard that evening like myself.
I was so happy to hold my damascus back in my hands I didn't hope for anymore although I nearly couldn't recognize it anymore.
And it's not only a 7fin Omni XL damascus it's cap also has a customized laser engraving - one of the last ones before the laser died :D

Tronzo669

Hey y'all! It's been a while!
I decided to summon the wisdom of the Dynaverse for this one. Just ordered a dark wood xl condenser kit and ti tip from a Canadian reseller (sneaky Pete ftw!). I wanted to make sure I was getting the most up to date versions so I shot Petey an email, he replied letting me know that he just received his shipment of xl condenser kits last week so they are definitely ti, he then sent me the following pic of the ti tips he had in stock:

Can anyone help me identify what gen tips these are and if possible explain any difference in overall performance from the current gen ti tip that has the tapered fins like the 18m tip? I already ordered it anyway because tbh main reason I was interested in the ti tip is increased airflow, I'm used to direct lung inhale ecig setups, and while I've gotten really comfortable with the tight draw of the m, a little extra airflow seems like it would help alot. Also threw in the xl kit because, why not have a full titanium vapour path and try out the xl length that everyone seems to love at the same time lol.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey y'all! It's been a while!
I decided to summon the wisdom of the Dynaverse for this one. Just ordered a dark wood xl condenser kit and ti tip from a Canadian reseller (sneaky Pete ftw!). I wanted to make sure I was getting the most up to date versions so I shot Petey an email, he replied letting me know that he just received his shipment of xl condenser kits last week so they are definitely ti, he then sent me the following pic of the ti tips he had in stock:

Can anyone help me identify what gen tips these are and if possible explain any difference in overall performance from the current gen ti tip that has the tapered fins like the 18m tip? I already ordered it anyway because tbh main reason I was interested in the ti tip is increased airflow, I'm used to direct lung inhale ecig setups, and while I've gotten really comfortable with the tight draw of the m, a little extra airflow seems like it would help alot. Also threw in the xl kit because, why not have a full titanium vapour path and try out the xl length that everyone seems to love at the same time lol.
Those are Gen 5 tips and they are the lightest of all the regular production tips. They heat up and cool down faster compared to earlier and later generations. If you have an M this will greatest difference between tips that you can achieve.

Tronzo669

Those are Gen 5 tips and they are the lightest of all the regular production tips. They heat up and cool down faster compared to earlier and later generations. If you have an M this will greatest difference between tips that you can achieve.

Thanks for the info! I'm excited because my secondary reason for wanting to try out the ti is the heat up speed, I don't mind taking a slightly shorter drag if it gets to temp faster. Just out of continued curiosity, for anyone who has tried both the 18 m tip and the gen 5, 2 questions:
1. For a non omni setup (just standard carb and condenser) how would you Compare the airflow with the carb fully closed? Is it a drastic difference? Like possible to do a restricted lung pull rather than a full on tight mouth to lung? Or is the difference less or more drastic that that? Feel free to use your own analogies to make the description more entertaining :p.

2. How would you Compare the heat up time (in the same config as mentioned above) using a single flame near the NAarea of the cap? I will most likely be using the largest bowl size at first, let's assume for this example we are talking about the firstand second hit off a freshly packed cap. Does the ti heat up twice as fast, just a few seconds faster... Etc etc you get the idea :p

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
My blue Titanium Omnivap and the additonal Cocobolo XL Omnivap never made it to me. It's now nearly 6 weeks since my purchase at Dynavap directly. It really makes no sense to order there in future. That is not the first time and it is quite annoying. It's worth more than USD 400.- that I have already paid. I will give it one more week. Hopefully Dynavap will make things right then.

//Okay, one just has to grumble loud enough... ;) The parcel has arrived 10 minutes ago and is ready for pickup at the local post station. EUR 80,- import- and handling fee. Wheeew.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My blue Titanium Omnivap and the additonal Cocobolo XL Omnivap never made it to me. It's now nearly 6 weeks since my purchase at Dynavap directly. It really makes no sense to order there in future. That is not the first time and it is quite annoying. It's worth more than USD 400.- that I have already paid. I will give it one more week. Hopefully Dynavap will make things right then.

//Okay, one just has to grumble loud enough... ;) The parcel has arrived 10 minutes ago and is ready for pickup at the local post station. EUR 80,- import- and handling fee. Wheeew.

:clap: Wunderbar! Now, how’s abouts you with a big smile picture with your
VapCats in tow. Err, VapCaps. :wave:

6jpy0n.jpg

Lennon

Hello people. Hope you had a great weekend...
I would like to receive some advice on how to clean the stem, I have an M and I always had the metal body. And until recently I did this little work in wood but I did not put anything to protect the wood. even if I use the condenser, I believe that the stem will always be covered in oil ...

https://imgur.com/a/vgoNwfn

PS: I hope you understand me. I used the google translator and sometimes it's incoherent.:D:D:D and I hope you like the image.

Top Bottom