• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dynacrafts Hand Made Wooden Stems For Dynavap

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've always worked hard to avoid the resin lines while sanding or shaping. I once baked out a few stems to see what they would do. Very interesting transformations.

I've learned that sharing the best fishing holes is a lot more pleasurable. But I understand artisans can't always just give a simple answer. It simply ain't simple :p But okay, secrets are mysteries. Wasn't prying actually, I was more interested in earlier conversations about sealing the wood and what temperatures that makes the wood safe to vape with. I know wood makes great thermal insulators but that end of the stems gets pretty darn warm.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
I've always worked hard to avoid the resin lines while sanding or shaping. I once baked out a few stems to see what they would do. Very interesting transformations.

I've learned that sharing the best fishing holes is a lot more pleasurable. But I understand artisans can't always just give a simple answer. It simply ain't simple :p But okay, secrets are mysteries. Wasn't prying actually, I was more interested in earlier conversations about sealing the wood and what temperatures that makes the wood safe to vape with. I know wood makes great thermal insulators but that end of the stems gets pretty darn warm.

Sorry I was super wasted last night and way into the inner reflection. The sealing is different for each one. It is the dust that causes the bad reactions, so if you want to heat seal you are just looking for the effect of plastic'n the wood. Each wood is going to have a different temp depending on the amount of resin and oils in it. So it is a by feel thing that will take a while to get use to sorry about that bud. I thought you were asking more for curing after lumbering to get different effects on woods. After you lumber green wood you can cure it, this can have many different effects depending on how you do it. That is more what I was talking about not sharing too much, because I can type the words but you have to live it to understand it. Here I will give and example.

When I use to buy logs I would get the lat long/gps of were the tree was fell. Then I would look up what is around it. I am looking at air quality is there a factory or any type of air pollution area near it. Any highways or pathways well traveled roads, any volcanism or hot springs that will leach gasses and minerals in the air. Then I look at the ground and geological information. What deposits are speculated or known here, how much of it is thought to be or known to be there. Any mines or homes, farms or plantations. In south america avoid any trees that are with in 100km from banana plantains. In India do not use trees for food or pipes that is down river from major cities. These places have large amounts of the bad stuff that the trees soak up. You have to start thinking about how the tree grew and when it got access to the deposits, how long has it been leaching the minerals. The rest is experience, after a while you will get an eye and just know. Or you get a slight hint of a smell that you know. Like I get weird ass looks when I scuff the end grain a bit and start smelling really hard in the stores. I am smelling for that memory. That I can not teach you. That is something you just pick up.

I did not want seem like I was being a dick or anything. It is just a lot of what I do is a learned skill. I have to show you the smells for the different woods to know they are sealed, or you can tell by the feel. But for the most part after a some use they are sealed by the oils that soak into the wood. But for a temp like all I can say is about that hot, because I will do it until It has the effect I am looking for, I know it has the effect when it feels right from doing it before. I do not take temps, the only thing I temp regulate that hard is lumbering, and that is just so I can ensure that stuff I want to stay in the wood does not get cooked out. That is a shit ton of trial and error and just using the force.

rsz_img_3313.jpg

Ok so here is how the rest of the month is going to work. I am going to launch the Shaddam and Gurney line together, by just slowly stocking them in the store once they are ready. I go into the shop tomorrow, and I have found something really rare the other day. I have found some legal Lignum Vitae turning stock. You do not want to know how much I paid for it. Only thing is that it is turning stock, so it is sealed and I did not get a good smell of it. I hope it is not a fake, but I will not know until tomorrow when I cut it up for use. I did not want to waste any doing a test cut because I have so little of it. For this wood though I am going to keep one for my self. I feel bad for it, but it is really that hard to find. Like it has been years, literal years form the last time that I have seen some that meets the requirements I look for. I will be making some of those tomorrow and a whole lot Shaddam and Gurneys. Then on Monday I will be making Stilgar and Ducan to launch next month.

Now you all have seen some of what I can do, but I have the Bene Tleilax line coming up and I am going to wander away from the old school a bit on that one. I am going to start going with some modern tech added in with those. Trust me I am going to get really weird with it, so hold on tight. My problem now is the whole virus thing and most of the places I can get the things I need are closed or never opening again. Like it took me 3 weeks to find a new face shield, just a face shield. The guy who use to supply me with natural pigments for homemade stain has told me he is never reopening. I have other places, and I am not going to use stain on any of the bodies or stems. But you get the idea, of what I am talking about.

So adapt and overcome I have a plan to start getting the supply train moving again. It is just going to be a slow build. But the Bene Tleilax launch is going to create two different types of lines. I know it sounds confusing and I do not want to give too much away. But there are going to be Ghola lines that use the new techniques, and the reg lines that use the old school ones.

But for now I am going to eat and read a bit of The Eyes Of Heisenberg, then go to bed. So It is going to be a short night for me, because I am getting up super early so I can sequester my self in the woodshop and hope no one finds me lolz.

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ohhhhhhhhhhh nelly first I must say I had an OutFuckingStanding day. I am all tuckered out from being asses and elbows in the shop. So were to start, how about....

IMG_3352JPG.jpg

Yup it was real!!! Lignum Vitae only enough for four, I got one ( sorry not sorry ) the other three are going into the shop at REGULAR price!!!!! This is because there is no way in hell I can recoup how much I paid for it. I really do not think you all are going to pay 65 bucks for them well 83 if I make you all pay for mine, but I am not that way. So I will just put them up at the 30 price because I want people to have these. This wood is HARD, and it has the best flowery smell and flavor. I am sipping on some LIgnum Vitae tea right now!!! It ruined my fave Kobalt chisel though... Rip bud. The resin and silica was just too much for the little guy. But they came out alright.

rsz_img_3359jpg.jpg

Well ignore the ones on the left that one is mine and a Ducan Idaho I am making for Almost There for helping so much with the social networking, and shopping with me. Do not worry you all will get your chance at an Idaho soon!!! Man I have to say that the shop still smells so nice and I had just an outstanding experience playing with that wood. I just cant tell you all how challenging working with it really is. Like it is so gummy and hard that I had to use more sand paper than I use in a week on just one of them.

rsz_img_3358jpg.jpg

Here you can see the problem. You get about two sec's of sanding before it gums it up and you have to move spots. It gummed up my tools as well. I had to clean the table saw blade, well everything. It was so hard that it dulled my turning tools and I had to sharpen them after each use. I turn a lot now and I still only have to sharpen once a month or so. But I loved every second of it. Ok sorry you all prob do not get as excited as I do about wood... Settle down fella's not that type of wood.... So lets move on to the next topic of.

rsz_img_3356jpg.jpg

The Gurney and Shaddam line. Here you can see me cutting the last of the Gurney Grain, and I finished production on that line today. I just have to finish and it will start showing up in the shop. It is a really nice grey grain with bronze highlights that is just wow. I still got a few more of the Shaddam to make, I ran out of time a bit and will do that next day I get in there. I have to hunt down some things to get ready for the dirty Bene Tleilax lines coming up, but that will most likely be in July or Aug depending on when I find all the stuff I need.

rsz_img_3357jpg.jpgrsz_img_3364jpg.jpg

So we turned some of this, into all of that. Oh also the Chani line has started to color change faster than I thought it would. Sooo it was ment to be a year or so from now surprise. So Surprise. It is going to slowly get a bit more red and the grain is going to get a bit more reflective. The resin left in the wood reddens when it comes in contact with 02. I thought I had some more time, but I guess not. Lots of woods change colors as they age. So you never know, you never know. That red block in the center was a cut from the Chani line. It was yellow last week, like the same yellow as the Chani Pics. So I am going to have to retake all the Chani pics. but man it is super reflective now... Almost like bloodwood but not quite. So sorry this slab had way more resin in it than the last one I worked with a few years ago. I should of known better that it would color change faster as well, in fact I did know but I forgot. Dems De Knocks.

So I got some other testing to do. So if you see me anymore tonight just realize that I may not be firing on all three. ( my brain is a geo metro )

rsz_img_3344.jpg

Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3366JPG.jpg

These will go into the store on monday when they are all done curing. Well not the "Merica! Fuck Yeah! one. But makes the last four of the Count line going in the shop. IDK when I will get that wood again. I will keep and eye out for it, but no promises. But they need to cure, and I need to take pics of them. to put up in the shop. I also have to retake the Chani line pic's and all that jazz as well. So all that should go down on Monday night.

IMG_3367JPG.jpg

These are what I got done with the Shaddam line and a few Gerneys along with the Jamis line ( Lignum Vitae ). Now I will try and get those done tonight and start the seal with the others, but no promisses. The Jamis line is not going to be sealed. This is because the Lignum Vitae is translated into "The Wood of Life." It has been used for longer than writen history in the America's as a healing tree. The only bad things about it is the high silica when working with it. This is not going to be a problem for its use, and sealing it would remove the benefit of the resins. Really I am not shitting you it is used as medicine for so many different thing, look it up. So those are going to drop with out warning and be first come first serve. I prob will never get this wood again, really it is that hard to find legally. There are lists for it, and I am back on the bottom of it. So now a bit of showing off.

IMG_3368JPG.jpg
Starting on the left that is a Red Elm prototype. It is going into testing, I think you all are going to like the nice refraction and grain on it. Next to it is the Ducan Idaho, that passed testing but is not going to hit the shop until late June. That one is for almost there for all the help they have given me with this getting set up.

I am working hard to fill up the shop I do not like having so few items in it. But it is going to take some time. I am hoping that this all will be smooth sailing by the start of next year. Winter is my free time, so I will be able to go cross country looking for ultra rare wood. So I am going to eat and start work on some finish read some Green Brain, or High- OPP.

Good Puffen! 07

Edit: Oh yeah there is a sale going on until the 31st. To get 20% off your order use the code The Spice Must Flow. Just a discount to all y'all who help me do what I love to do. Test weird ass finishing tech on weird ass wood.

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3369JPG.jpgIMG_3372JPG.jpgIMG_3375JPG.jpg
IMG_3378JPG.jpgIMG_3381JPG.jpgIMG_3384JPG.jpg
IMG_3387JPG.jpgIMG_3390JPG.jpgIMG_3393JPG.jpg

"The Gurney Halleck line is made from rich Black Afara. This wood comes from West Africa and is warlord free. Rescued from the hard wood plant just as Gurney was rescued from the Harkonnen slave pit this wood will mesmerize you with its grain. It has a cream base to show Gurney's deafness and smooth class, with a bronze refraction. On top of that is a grey marbled grain that gives the illusion of a layered effect. The Gurney Halleck line is becoming of the sword master, lover, baliset master. "

Thought you all would want a preview of the GH line. So here you go, they go live monday at 10 pm edt.

Good Puffen 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3397JPG.jpgIMG_3400JPG.jpgIMG_3403JPG.jpg
IMG_3407JPG.jpgIMG_3412JPG.jpgIMG_3417JPG.jpg
IMG_3420JPG.jpgIMG_3423JPG.jpgIMG_3427JPG.jpg
IMG_3430JPG.jpg

Well that is all they will let me attach. So there you go. The first four are The Count line....

Count Hasimir Fenring was said to be the closest thing to the Kwisatz Haderach with out becoming it. Like the name sake these are elegant slim deceptive. Made with Rare cuts of Goncalo Alves wood from Mexico, these will play with the light while in your hand. slowly move it in the right light and you can watch it ripple. Alas like the count it is an hard effect to get on camera. These stems/Bodies let every one around know that you are a High-Opp.

These have a natural chatoyance effect, and though it may seem like I used paint or something like it on these I did not. It is hard to take pic's of this effect, but you will watch it change just by small movements in the light.

The next three are the Jamis line.

Jamis gave his life to teach Paul what it means to kill. As in such it is made with very rare Lignum Vitae. This translates into the tree of life. Used for longer than written history for its healing resins and oil this wood has a flowery smell. It is even used to make tea! It is a protected tree, and the wood used for these is legally obtained. It is a natural grain that will start to to get a tarnished copper look as it ages. One of the hardest woods in the world these rare bodies will last until the end of time with proper care.

After that is the Shaddam.

No other wood would be befitting of the Emporor of the Known Universe. The Shaddam IV line is made from White Afara. This wood is also warlord free hailing from West Africa, in fact it is from the same tree as our Gurney line. Rich cream base with gold light refraction these bodies let people know you are refined. Like Shaddam IV they can look simple but be complex at just a light twist of the wrist. Let those around you know that you command only the best, for the best. As Shaddam would!

I ran out of pic space so sorry about that so there are a few more Shaddams that are going into the shop on monday. I got all this set up to drop automatically, so I hope that works out. If it does it will save me from having to close the shop each time I want update it.

Do not forget the sale works with all the lines even the gurney and shaddam lines that are just launching. The next sale is going to start after the 'Merica Fuck Yeah, giveaway. So fair warning. I am still working on taking the new Chani pics. I hope to get those done on Tue. I go into the wood shop on monday to try and get the Stilgar line and Duncan line done. I also may have found just what I need for the Bene Tleilax line. So we are still on track for that to show up in July/Aug. Well I got to get back to putting this stuff in the shop for tomorrow. I hope this finds you all well... And as always.

Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ok so I got some news. I do not want to say it is bad news, but it is not good news. First off I am going to rip the band-aid off. The Duncan Idaho line is suspended until I find a different wood for it. Because....
IMG_3457JPG.jpg
So it is just too brittle to turn. I can keep trying to order it and try and get some to work but that is going to be too costly. So I have to find a different wood. I went through about twelve feet of it today trying to find just one that would turn. I did not find one. There were a lot of other problems today as well, but that one was the kicker.
IMG_3459JPG.jpg
So I made some test units for the B.T. line coming. That brings me to the next part of the news. I have to take on a finish job to pay for the mats I need for the B.T. line. It is the best way of doing it with out having to raise the prices. So that will allow me to price the B.T. lines at the same price as the rest. It is a really good deal to do it this way. If the person is on the up and up, I will get around 2k worth of the mats I need for about 16h of finishing. So I am going to be doing that at night, so production is going to slow down a bit until the end of the month. I got a lot of it done already, but it still is going to take about 8-9 days of 2-3 hours a day work to get it completed.

But the store is set up to auto launch tonight, so we are going to test that to see if it works. So Good Vibes Make Good Times, so I am excited for this chance to overcome these little set backs. I will find the Idaho wood, if not then I will find something else for another line. It will all work out just how it was meant to work out. As always...

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
I really like the looks of the Shaddam line. Definitely interested.

Yes I really like them, I have saved a bit of that wood to make one for me when things slow down a bit. Speaking of slowing down I never slow down. We now offer free shipping overseas with orders $100 or more, and free shipping for domestic USA orders $50.00 or more. Just another way I pass on the savings.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Just snatched one of the Jamis line... Really had to fight the urge to also pick up a Gurney too, haha.

@Indifferent Fish Yes I love my Jamis it just plays with the light enough to make you think that it is a bit different in all different types of light. It's grain is just something else as well. It is a good mix of oldschool looks, with new school bling. Thanks again for your order!!!

Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3460JPG.jpgIMG_3461JPG.jpgIMG_3462JPG.jpg

Ok daily update time. The Chani pics are coming along but I did not have time to finish them. I will do that tomorrow and update them tomorrow night.

So about two years ago my mentor Eli died. He was a DA from a finish family and he for some odd reason let me hang out around their shop, then let me apprentice there a few winters. Now I tell you that because he was DA ( Dutch Amish ) but he still loved rare woods and all that. So I let him use my contact info for ordering. Well his Lignum Vitae came in. So I mailed ( Yes mailed that is how I contact his family ) them a letter asking if they want the wood or not. I went ahead and paid for it, because if they do not want it I do. So here in a bit I will know. If they want it I will ship it to their local P.O. If not then round two of Jamis.

So while I was there i picked up a bunch of other woods. Also the payment for the finish job has already been given to me, so I can start getting the DT line ready. I need to test a few things so it still may be a bit, but it is coming sooner than we thought. Also it is around 3k worth of stuff so I offered another 1k of work. They agreed but are holding it, most likely for the holidays, but I will have to take on another finish job to sate my need for fairness. I ordered some woods that I think will be nice, but I really do not know until it comes in and I lumber it.

Still looking for that right wood for the Duncan line. But I will find it when I find it, so no worries on that. I will not let it hamper production of the other lines. Oh and there are many many more lines coming.

I want to thank everyone for their orders from this last launch. I have some good news on that aspect. Because the site launched it all perfectly, that is going to be the last 10pm launch. So before the next launch of a line I will put up a straw poll and you all will vote on the launch time. It will still be a Monday, but you all will dictate the time set for the launch. Because I can trust it to go off while I am not here.

So we made a lot of progress over these last few days and we are going to keep the trend going. I have a busy night of finish tonight. But I am so excited to get back into the woodshop on Thursday. I got so many ideas that I need to test out, and I need to finish the Stilgar line. Until tomorrow...

Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ok so I was looking at the Chani pics and uhh, well looks like I waited with them so they are the real color in the pic that are on the site. I have in my notes that I did this, but for some reason I still had it on my things to do. So I uhh took a bunch more pics of them I guess. I am in the shop Tomorrow all day long so there will be a production update. Also I am waiting on the last of the things to get shipped out so I can start the B.T. line. But before that I have some thing else planned for you all to launch in first few weeks of next month. Then the B.T. In the middle of the month, then Stilgar near the end. I am delaying the Stilgar only because I want to do a Gohla line with it that will look really nice.

Oh by the way the testing on the B.T. line has started. I still do not have everything I need to make it perfect. But I have enough to finalize quite a bit of it. I am guessing you all want a little sneak peek. Just remember I warned you that I can and going to get really fucking weird with it.
IMG_3484JPG.jpg
Not going to say too much now. But I am willing to bet that you all can guess what I am doing here. But for those who can not... THE GHOLA'S ARE COMMING!!!!!!!!!!

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3524JPG.jpg

Ok lets start off with what Ghola lines are. Above is the Lady Jessica line coming in mid June. Only this is a Ghola. So what a Ghola in a line is when I use pigments sandwiched between the water based food safe turners finish. This gives it a natural looking sheen. Like the Jessica Ghola I used a purple. Here is another pic of it.
IMG_3526JPG.jpg
So what this does is let you see the normal grain in most light. But in the sun, it will reflect the purple in this case, giving it mother of pearl highlights. See if I got a full body pic for you all.
IMG_3520JPG.jpg
Very subtle effect, but it can get way more pronounced if I want it too.

So that is what the B.T. lines are going to introduce. That is coming in the middle of June. So lets talk about the first few days of June. The Miles Teg Line is going to launch on Monday the 8th. You can vote for the launch time here. So I guess you want to see them huh. well....

IMG_3528JPG.jpg

These have not been through the sealing and finish. I just got them done today. These are made with wenge, I really dislike working with that wood. It is like turning glass... But it has amazing grain. Like totally amazing. I will show you all when I get the finish done on them. But they need to be sealed as well so it is going to take a bit longer to get them ready.

Then the next week after that Starts the B.T. lines. This means that every line will have one or two Gholas with them now. These Gholas will have the pigments in the finish allowing for color changing light refraction. I am just waiting on a few parts and I need to build a watertrap, or buy one. IDk So after the Teg line, the Duke Leto and Lady Jessica lines are coming out. I guess you want pic's huh?

IMG_3532JPG.jpg

Here is the Lady Jessica line. It is made with curupau rosewood. There will be more, but I am testing with these.

IMG_3535JPG.jpg

These are the Duke Leto line. These are made with Ironwood and is just a joy to work with. But then again after fighting the wenge all day it was nice to be working a high silica and resin wood. These have deep dark grain contrasts, and I lost light so the pic is not as good as the Jessica line. But these look nice all the same.

So that is about it. I had an outstanding day in the shop, so off to finishing, I hope to have a few pics of the finish for you all tomorrow, before I set it a side to cure.
IMG_3538JPG.jpg

So as always...

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ok SO quick update. Teg line is finishing nicely I had to split it up in two nights because of a air filtration problem. Sorry about the quality it is just an old pad that I took this photo with. I did not want to mess with the whole ritual of bringing out the good cam and the cleaning that goes with putting it up.
IMG_0310.jpg

And the other side of them.
IMG_0311.jpg
This wood is just ungodly nice looking once you get past that it is a pain in the whole ass to work with. That white one is a test unit for ultra soft wood. I found that it expands too much with the heat cycles and it is too hard to get a good seal. The Teg line is sealed because of the brittle nature of wenge. There is no way around that but that Jessica, ohh it is going to take everything I got to put that Ghola in the shop. I have been just carrying it around and looking at it in all different lights. It is just wow.

CUSTOM ORDERS. You got that right some time after the 'Merica! Fuck Yeah! Give away I am going to start doing custom orders. I am working on a way to allow two custom jobs per week. Customs are going to cost more, but you have more say in what you get. It should all be ready around Aug.

The orders from the Jamis/Gurney/Shaddam lines should be delivered today or tomorrow if you are in the lower 48 states. The international ones are going to take a bit more. So I want to remind you all that if you have any problems at all to contact me here or on IG. Also feedback tell me what you like and do not like. I am making these for you all so tell me what you want to see. Now I am off to do some more finish, as always...

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3542JPG.jpg
So I am almost all set up to start doing Ghola stuff. But I just wanted to show off a bit of the Miles Teg line. I love how these look so much I have almost talked my self into fighting it out another day to make some more. I think I will make some more but with the more streamlined body. I need some to Ghola any ways. This is going to push Stilgar back some more but I think it will be worth it.

@Indifferent Fish Love the pic. Please show it off. I make these one of a kinds so you can pull them out and say. " Yeah but have you seen this. " Also be ready to watch it age. The Jamis line ages with a copper tarnish kind of color. I will show you mine after a bit of time it will start to get this effect in the grain.
IMG_3547JPG.jpgIMG_3545JPG.jpgIMG_3543JPG.jpg

So they become just so remarkable. I am really trying to get more of that wood, but it is really hard for me to get around here because it is an endangered wood.
IMG_3541JPG.jpg
But I thought I would share with all of you all some better pics of the Teg line, and let you all know that I am going to be making more of them and pushing the Stilgar line back a bit. But for now I got more Finish work to do, I am almost done with it so I am hoping to have production back in the full swing in a week or so. Until tomorrow...

Also do not forget to vote on the poll. Here

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:
Top Bottom