Dynacrafts Hand Made Wooden Stems For Dynavap

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Wow uhh, I do not think I can get that long. That would be a challenge... But I really do not have the anything to bore holes past one foot. I mean I could try and wield something up but... that far out that will not stay center. It would have to be a meter long bit, and being that skinny I really do not think it could support it's self with out wobble'n.

Nice though, I never even seen anything like that. Tell you what I will mull it over for a while, see if I can think of something.

Rabid Kiwi,
Reactions: TommyDee

Mono Loco

Yeah, I was just being silly. Seriously, though, I have a 5.5" glass stem that is nice in both cooling and in ergonomic feel. Plus, it fits, with its tip on, into a nifty bamboo tube that is sold as a toothbrush holder. So, to answer your "desired length" question in earnest, 5.5"- 6.0" would be my wish. O.D. is not as important, but I'd say that around 5/8" would be a nice. No carb needed - one can always crack the lips open a bit, like drawing on a joint.

I have seen several posts from users who have complained about their wood HydraVong (or OmniVong?) bodies cracking near the tip. I have seen wooden bodies with metal collars and that looks like a good idea ... especially a nice polished brass collar. I have bamboo flutes that use bindings to prevent cracking - a metal wire wrapping, binding, could also be an interesting bit of insurance to reinforce the tip area of a wood stem. But ... such things add cost and therefore ... aren't necessary if the wood is maintained/oiled regularly.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Rabid Kiwi - can you share some closeup pictures of these resin wells in the wood you speak of looking for?
Interesting idea to work natural resins into a shaping medium if I understood that right.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Looking at the cross cut you see lines of grain. The dark lines are the resin in the wood. There are places were branches come together and trunks split that there are no rings. These are areais that have a marble effect, like when you put food coloring in water. That is what I call a resin pool. So working out from that the wood has a much higher count of resin and this makes it more dense. It also makes the contrast in grain and darkness more pronounced. That is how I am getting the dark grain lines with out stain. I am using the natural coloring of the resin.

Basically I look for veneer cuts for finish. Those really hard to find marble cuts. That is why there is such a limited production of each line. So what you are looking for from the side cut is a line that gets really fat. It is quite the hit or miss, so you just have to use the force and expect you will buy a lot of wood that is not what you are looking for.

Rabid Kiwi,
Reactions: TommyDee

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
ah so, I did as well just now. I love the color and grain of these. Looking forward to seeing the next installment, keep up the good work @Rabid Kiwi

I must say that the one you picked was one of my fav's you are really going to like the marble effect from the resin on the stem. I came very close to keeping that one lolz. It will be dropped off to the post office first thing in the moring.

I know well to look for hidden treasures in wood. Thanks for explaining that @Rabid Kiwi .
67KFsCK

Here you can see the wave on the top, on the bottom you can see the resin build up that came from the fattening or waving of the grain. Edit : Idk if that pic is showing it is not showing for me so here is the link just in case https://imgur.com/mDmpfRZ

Also do not get your hopes up about those they have not passed testing yet. Still checking to see if the way I am going to seal the chamber is going to be safe for vapor. If I can't seal the chamber then I will have to find new wood for the Barron Line.... Unless you all want red and purple teeth. Ohhhh i could make a mentat line that will stain your mouth like sapho juice. ( j/k I would never do that. )

But yeah if it can stain your teeth it means that is getting in your lungs as well, so if I can not seal it safely I will drop the bois de rose, and find another one. The Baron line has been some trouble but that is just the baron being The Baron. I hope not because that would be three different types of wood that the baron rejected lolz. Just can't please some people.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
@Rabid Kiwi thank you kindly. By no means was it an easy decision. There are so many beauties there, alas, I went with the one that @TommyDee would say was “calling “ me. I’m glad I made the right choice :)

They are all the right choice, for their own little reasons....

I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've received yours!

I look foward to hearing all of y'alls thoughts. I really hope you all love these as much as I do!
Great stuff so far, :popcorn:

Imgur does not play nice with FC.
I like postimages.org .
Just upload image from your library (no account needed) and copy the “hotlink for forum” link and paste it in post.

Thank you I bookmarked that site. I will use it in to future. Thank you. The Barron line is going through the acid test until Monday. This is the last step before release of a new wood, I need to put it through its paces to see that the sealing holds up. More so because this is a red wood, and more people have red wood allergies. I want people to have good times with my little creations and not worry about if it is really healthy. So now I spend the next few days chain hitting and abusing the test model to see how it holds up.

I just want to say thank you all. Really, I am very thankful that I can do this, and I know I can not do it with out y'alls support, and appreciation. I just want you all to know that I keep that in the forefront of my mind when making these. I want only the best, for the people who hold me up so that I may reach the stars.

Good night, and Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Are you posting these from NZ or the US, I went to get one but was going to cost me $30 for shipping to Australia!

They are all shipped from Kentucky. I am working on getting better international shipping, but considering I am a new vendor it may take some time. I will keep looking into this because I want every one in the universe to get nice looking bodies/stems for rock bottom prices.

Ordered one. Looking forward to it!

Lol I thought the same. Mine shipped very quickly from Kentucky

Thank you for your order and thank you for helping! There is only one of me and any help I get is greatly accepted. We are all in this life together so it is best to work together.

Good Puffen! 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ok so here is a big dump of info for you all. The Baron line is done and was going to be put in the shop tonight but my pics all look really washed out. Here is a good pic.
IMG-3156.jpg

But most of them came out like this

IMG-3153.jpg

Way to washed out for you all to see the nice coloring and grain. So I will have to retake them tomorrow and put them up tomorrow. THE BARON WILL GO INTO THE SHOP TOMORROW NIGHT.

I was busy today, and finished production on the Barron line. It is only going to have 8 units in that line. This is because I ran out of wood, and had way too much trouble with that line. The Baron line is cursed or something IDK fought me every step of the way. But good news I started production on the Chani line. I made this line with some really resin soaked Macacauba wood. Chani line is all about smooth lines and high luster. It has a high light refraction making it change shades from light to dark depending on how the light hits it.

IMG-3167.jpg

These are really rough and have not been through the 5 day sand a finish that gives them the glass like shine. But you can see the yellowish tan that refracts to a light brown. Complete with purple highlights made by cooking the resin. I must say that I am keeping one for my self ( not shown here ). Edit; It is called Chatoyancy the refraction I am talking about. The next few lines are going to focus on wood with this ability. Because I really dig it, and spent a few years back learning how to make it really pop.

Not only that but I made the test units for the next two lines. This way I can get a head of the testing game. Ohh and you know I have a sneak peek for you all of that as well.

IMG-3171.jpg

That is the Ducan Idaho line on the left, and Stilgar line on the right. Those are the next two coming down the pipe in a few weeks or so.

I want to remind you all that I use no stain. None what so ever. I just use Wood and Water Based Food Save Turners Finish. That is how I get the fast cure times.

So the baron will be in the store tomorrow. Chani will be here next week some time. Ducan Idaho and Stilgar line comes in the first of June. Hope you all are excited about all this as I am.

Good Puffin 07!

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Natural. The logs sit out in a east Asian jungle for a year after felling. That is why it has worm holes and the like in there. I try to do as much natural as I can. If I could I would not even use the WBFSTF to add clear coats to them, but I want them to last. The WBFSTF helps not only protect wood, it strengthens it as well. Add on that most of these are going to be used for water pipes and you want something to protect it.

I don't use stains as well. I spend quite a bit of time looking for the right wood, with the grain/reflection, that it seems a sin to put stain on it. Most of these woods I am using do not need it anyways, so just leave it out. Sorry I can talk about wood endlessly.

Good Puffing 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
The Vladimir Harkonnen Line, also known as "The Baron," is made from rare reddish orange Bois De Rose. Due to it being a natural redwood the inside was sealed to make it all the more safer for the very few who may have a red wood allergy. Taking after it's name sake, The Baron line is big bold blocky lines with rich grains of black a dark purple. This wood will darken with age and use, so you will watch as it slowly darkens just like Vladimir's heart. Still with subtle changes with in the boldness, this line commands the room and lets all know that The Baron has arrived. Be mindful of his power, or you will end up in the slave pits of Giedi Prime.

No Stain Has Been Used!!! I do not use stain on any of my work. These are rare cuts, of rare woods. Let natural grain shine.

Care. Bees wax one a week for the first month if heavy use, the first two months if light use. Then bees wax once a month. Please do not use Chems like Pledge or Orange polish. Just get good ol safe bee's wax polish. The harsh chem ones will not only harm you, but the finish.

*** Dynavap TIp Not Included***

The First Six are in the store. The last two are being cured and will be put in the store in the next few days. I had some time at lunch so I thought I would do this. I also now have the Od measurements for the remainders of the Liet line. They will be updated Tonight around 10pm est when I get off work. Hope this finds you all well.

Good Puffing. 07

Edit; Me and grammar do not get along well it seems.

Last edited:

almost there

The Vladimir Harkonnen Line, also known as "The Baron," is made from rare reddish orange Bois De Rose. Due to it being a natural redwood the inside was sealed to make it all the more safer for the very few who may have a red wood allergy. Taking after it's name sake, The Baron line is big bold blocky lines with rich grains of black a dark purple. This wood will darken with age and use, so you will watch as it slowly darkens just like Vladimir's heart. Still with subtle changes with in the boldness, this line commands the room and lets all know that The Baron has arrived. Be mindful of his power, or you will end up in the slave pits of Giedi Prime.

No Stain Has Been Used!!! I do not use stain on any of my work. These are rare cuts, of rare woods. Let natural grain shine.

Care. Bees wax one a week for the first month if heavy use, the first two months if light use. Then bees wax once a month. Please do not use Chems like Pledge or Orange polish. Just get good ol safe bee's wax polish. The harsh chem ones will not only harm you, but the finish.

*** Dynavap TIp Not Included***

The First Six are in the store. The last two are being cured and will be put in the store in the next few days. I had some time at lunch so I thought I would do this. I also now have the Od measurements for the remainders of the Liet line. They will be updated Tonight around 10pm est when I get off work. Hope this finds you all well.

Good Puffing. 07

Edit; Me and grammar do not get along well it seems.
I love that red, it's so vibrant. I wish there was some choices that doesn't have that bulbous mouthpiece. I rarely feel the need to use the vapcap thru water so I prefer a straight mouth end or one with less girth.

almost there,
Reactions: Rabid Kiwi
Top Bottom