Dynacrafts Hand Made Wooden Stems For Dynavap

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
@Rabid Kiwi - I can’t seem to access your Etsy page today. Is it just me or are you having technical difficulties?

Dammit, why did it take me so long to find this thread? Some really nice stuff. Hopefully the etsy page is back up soon. I am late to the game. :disgust:

I have been suspended off of etsy. I am working on getting back up. I think I can but if not then I will find another place to sell. I just liked the ease of etsy.

Sorry people for the late response. I just got of work to all this, but have no fear Kiwi gets shit done.

Ok so I have to wait for them to contact me. If they just pull the plug I have other places I can set up a store, it is just more work on my end. But I think I can get it done with out adding to the cost. But no promises. I kind of liked etsy, but dem the knocks. Some people just do not agree with what we do. They have the law on their side. No point in trying to fight it and be someplace that they do not want you. I am not trying to be negative, just disappointed in people.

So I will be up and running before next week. I will give etsy two days to clearly tell me what is wrong with my page. They listed things like no steam rollers, or carbs. When mine do not have these. So something smells of a set up, or a misunderstanding. If it is a set up, no matter what I do they will not be happy. If it is a misunderstanding, I just got to hope they see it. Still I am not going to waste too much time on them. They were taking a good 10% from every order and getting ten bucks a month. If our money is not good enough for them so be it. That is just life.

So worry not people, I will not let something this small stop me from my passion of making great looking stems and bodies for the dynavap. That can only happen if I can sell them to get costs back, so that means I will have to have some type of store. I have gone past the point of no return.

Good Puffin. 07

Edit: @funkyhomer Nice I am glad you liked it. Got to admit today has been one of them days.... But seeing your post really brighten my day. I hope it brings you many years of joy, sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Ok I really need to go to bed I have to be up in 4 hours to get my work out in before work. Good vibes and Good times amigos.

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Ok people I am just dropping etsy and making my own site. I really do not like how they treated me in all this. They froze everything and will not contact me. It is obvious to me that they do not want me there, or some other person on there does not want me there. So I am just going to cut them out of the loop. I am hope'n for sales to pay for the site, but if that does not work I will have to raise the prices a bit. But you all can watch me build it if you are bored.

http://dynacrafts.com/ Yup I bought the domain because why not it was only 15 bucks.

Good Puffing. 07

Ok I am going to eat dinner then start adding stems to the store. When that is done I am going to contact a mod to change the link in the first post. Or make a new thread? Idk how they want to handle it. But first I need food. Muh tummy rummbilie.... I gotz class.

Ok I got the baron line up and going in the new shop. I am working on getting the rest of the liet line in there. I will push to try and get Chani in there by Monday. Then Stilgar passed testing so his line is coming up. After that Ducan Idaho line is going to be coming.

I still have many many more lines to bring out, so hold tight with me while I build up stock. I will try and get back to you all asap, but I work 60 hours a week, and my days off are in a wood shop finding my zen. So my contact will be around 10 pm est.

I am working on getting a burner phone for getting an IG. I still use a land line. Yes I do. I am one of those weird people who do not use cell phones, and I am sure as shit not giving IG my home phone number lolz. Back to work for me.

Ok I got the starter set up I will put the rest in the store tomorrow. I will move over to the new forum in a bit but let me get things ready on this end. I have a lot of new hickups to get through with a new store front now. I did get the www.dynacrafts.com domain so woot woot on that.

I like the new site better and I have more freedom to do what I want. So that is how you turn a problem into an advantage. All about just never giving up.

Good Puffing 07

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG-0287.jpg

You will see these in the shop next week. Well one of them you wont. that one is the Bocote one I made to put in my car for an air freshener. I mean I could sell it, if you like the taste of grandmaw soap.

My resent scuffle with the minor house Etsy has left me in an exposed state. So Emperor Shaddam's Imperial Spice Minister, Count Hasimir Fenring, stopped by the shop today to probe for weaknesses. Finding none he left, so it was a short visit. But In his wake he left four prime stems made from rare cuts of Goncalo Alves. These have a chatoyance effect but only on the dark grain, not the light. Making for some wondrous playing of the light, and over all awsomeness. I will be moving to the new site tomorrow after work some time. I want to take some good pics for the first post and all that jazz. You know how I love to get all weird with it, so no worries.

If you ever have any problem with an order or stem, please contact me. I will do what ever I can to make it right. On that note Some of the Liet line i used a 2020 m tip to check sizes. Well I fucked up doing that because my 2020 m tip is way to large. So I need to go through all of them and check. Once that is done the ones that pass will be put back up in the shop. I have now changed how I bore the holes so this will not happen again. If anything these others are a bit tight. If that is the case just get you some 240 sand paper take a 1" by 1" square and roll it. Put it in the hole and lightly turn so that the end flap of the paper from the roll is not digging in. It should be clockwise, if you roll it up like a J, then clockwise. It is easy do it for about fifteen sec and check. It will take some time, but remember you can't put it back so take your time.

Any wase I am going to go the clean room so I can start finishing. So I may check in a few times but I am going to be in there reading a book and the wifi don't work there.... Well that is what I tell people, because it is the finish room. There is some rule some place that says no electric shit in the finish room. Other than lights, and the space heater for when it rains, and the air filtration system. But that stuff gets grandfathered in... because moon magic idk i'm bat shit crazy I don't even know why I do what I do half the time.

Yeah so I am going to go back at it. I will see you all tomorrow some time.

Good Puffing 07!

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
As seen on the old forum.
rsz_img_3231.jpg
Now that I got your attention my name is Jonthan. I have a passion for woodwork. I also have a passion for classy Dynavap stems and plugs at rock bottom prices. Want some more pics?
IMG_3229JPG.jpgIMG_3226JPG.jpgIMG_3237JPG.jpg

So what I do is limited runs of rare woods. I launch new lines once every two weeks or so with 7-20 in each line. Some lines are called Prime Lines. These are ultra rare cuts from ultra rare wood. The two you see above are Prime lines. They come about when something big happens. It can be a good big thing or a bad big thing. You can see my site at www.Dynacrafts.com you can follow me on Twitter @Be_Our_Tweets and IG @Dynacrafts. I will answer most any question you have if I can.

I really love doing all this, every step. From posting on here, woodworking, setting up the shop all of it. This passion shows in my dedication to getting it right. I want you happy. So please contact me if anything is wrong. I will do my best to make it better. I do this all at break even costs, people who buy my stems fund my passion for making one of a kind jaw dropping stems. Really I do not like to brag and I am not bragging. I let my work speak for its self, and I know I can not do this with out you all buying my stems. So you all come first. You get the best in the store. I get scraps and tests units. I do not mind this because I already have too many stems to count. I match them to my outfits now when I go out for the day, so I will be ok if I miss a few.

I have fun with it. I really do. I hope this finds you all well and as always.

Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I wish you the best of success! I started a little over a year ago, and this community (cannabis community) has been so welcoming and helpful! I love that people are starting to follow their passions and do what they love because it makes them happy! I wish you all the best and much success! Congrats on the new site btw! And don't stop posting pictures!

Much love, and never lose your passion!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@Rabid Kiwi, your passion for this work is obvious and you create some beautiful pieces. I have been eyeing your new website, waiting for the next batch to appear. I'm gonna pick up the first stem that speaks to me. I really like the sleek shape of the stems in the pics from your post above.

Have you found that the tip end of your stems are able to handle the wear of regularly removing the tip for cleaning? I generally need to clean my tip and screen once very week or two.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
ChaniDemosm.jpg

Now this is the Chani Line that is going to be in the shop on Monday. You can watch it change colors and the grain disappear and reappear. That video and pics do it no justice. The purple rings are not stain or paint. They are made by cooking the natural resin left in the wood. There are going to be many different ones. Some classical like this one, and some more vulva shaped

@Khelek41girl Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I do really like it here! Great feedback, and as a creator it is hard to get real feedback.

@BabyFacedFinster There is not much of a problem if you are careful and do it with a slight twist. A lot of the times I take out the first little rubber thing because the tip tapers up to the heat sink. I leave enough meat around the tip to handle the heat cycles. So if you are just careful each time then it should not be an issue.

Now for a sneak peak. At the Premium Count Hasimir Fenring line. Four of these are going to hit the store, and they are going to be more expensive. But trust me they are worth it. The way the light changes the dark grain colors is like watching a rain line on the ocean come and go. Again the pics do these no justice.
FHdemosm.jpg

So to recap. Chani line drops monday. Four Count Hasimir Fenring will show up at some point in time next week. I like to keep this random so every one has the same fair chance. I should have more wood for that line in on monday, but no promises. As we learned with the Baron line. Getting the wood does not mean it will have the cut or the grain we are looking for. So fingers crossed.

Keep the feedback and questions coming I love it all. Remember I make these for you all so tell me what you are looking for and I will try and make a few like that in the next line I produce.

And as always.

Good Puffing. 07

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
I work hard at being lazy,  its a gift.jpg

Ok so this is what is going to happen. The shop is going to be password protected until 10pm Monday night est. This is going to allow me to take my time stocking it up with the Chani line and the Premium Count Hasimir Fenring line. Then it will go live around 10pm Monday night est. There are quite a few in the Chani line but they are all done and ready to go.

So next week is a down week meaning the next line to launch will be the first week of June. But I have a feeling that it will be sooner than that. Just depends on the wood. So I try not and make too many promises. But the Stilgar line passed testing, and the Idaho line is still being tested. I have been hearing the sweet sound of Gurney Halleck on the Baliset and I think he may strut in here to enlighten us with the proper quote for the proper time.

So fear not if the store is locked up. It is just me stocking it slowly so I can have a bit of downtime. But I am back in the woodshop tomorrow and that is all I can ask for. But what the hell why not a few pics of Chani before I lock up. As always.

Good Puffing. 07!

Chanidemo2.jpgChanidemo3.jpgChanidemo4.jpg

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
IMG_3301JPG.jpgIMG_3302JPG.jpgIMG_3303JPG.jpg

'Merica, Fuck Yeah!!!!! Give Away!!!! On July fourth I will pick one follower on IG ( At random it will be at random sorry about that ) and they get this. I can not sell it because it has a natural hole from the knot that was painstakingly worked out. So I can't sell it because my insurance agent hates me. But I can give it away, because I like to hear my insurance agent die a little inside. This is 4" of dark red and black pools of color. It can be yours with just a follow on IG. Drawing happens on the only birth day that matters 'Merica's Birth day. To quote a wiser man than my self....

"History began on July 4, 1776. Everything that happened before that was a mistake." Ron Fucking Swanson

Shop is back up. Thank you all for being understanding. Good Puffen! 07

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It is really sweet looking. How does it vape @Ramahs?

I just ordered one of the Chani models. It's the thinner model, a couple posts prior, that measures 9.22mm.

Ummm, it vapes fine. Pretty much any carbless stem will vape the same. It's a tube. The only difference between this and any other carbless stem is purely aesthetic. And it's aesthetically superb!

This one is 3.5" 13mm.

What's a good method for cleaning it out after it gets junky with reclaim?

sorry mods. Didn't mean to double post this.

The same as I would clean any other wood stem, with a moist pipe cleaner. If it's really bad, then lightly moisten the pipe cleaner with iso.

I would never try to get the insides of a wood-stem completely clean, because that thin layer of oil seals and protects the wood.

And finally, you can still fix the double post. Just click edit on the second post, copy the contents, then click edit on the original post and paste the contents of the second post into the first one and save it. Then, erase the second post and just leave the words "Mods, please delete. I accidentally double-posted", then message the mods to have the second post deleted..

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Oh yeah too late to edit sorry about that. So the contest you have to be 21 or older. I will cover the shipping cost even overseas. This is just to reward all the people here who help and support us small fry makers. So do not feel you have to be american

Not much else to say to update you all other than keep on keeping on. Also I am a bit tuckered out. I know it seems like only a week to you all, but I have been getting all this ready to launch for months ( well not stems, I was going to build IH's but the costs and liabilities stopped me, so stumbled into this but I was going to do something with the infrastructure I laid out. ) now, plus my reg job it has me a bit drained. I love it though would not change it for the world. I have not felt this happy and alive in quite a long time, and I want to thank you all for helping me do all this.

@BabyFacedFinster It will be quite a long time before you fill up that 1/4 inch hole. But just use dry pipe cleaners on them. These are wood so you do not want to use any cleaners on them, because it will soak into the wood then get into you. So jsut bees wax polish on the outside, and run a pipe cleaner through it to open the air way if it gets that much use. But trust me you have to smoke pounds before clogging becomes an issue due to the hole size.

Oh yea I almost forgot to give you all a pic.... Uhhhh let me make one really fast. As always...

Good Puffen. 07
rsz_justplayingaround.jpg

I got bored because I guess sit back and do nothing just can not happen with me. So I made you all a demo of the light refraction I can get with wood.

These frist two are both from the same log. It is a cut of Black Afara. Now the Shaddam line, the first one is from a part of the tree with out the mineral discoloration. It still has the minerals but they are not as concentrated. It is these minerals in the resin that give it it's metal shine making it look and glitter like gold. The second is how it gets the Black prefix. This ends up giving the wood a bronze shine while giving the illusion of layering with the grain. That is the Gurney line coming soon.

Now other than my inability to understand how this cam pics what way to flim.... The first one is the Stilgar line that is a Mahogany that has been aged to a rich chololate brown. It has that perfect mix of high mineral count with high resin count that lets me work the magic to make it refract light to change to a light brown. You can watch as the grain just pops from nothing then back again. The last one is the Goncalo Alves The Count line, this just will blow your mind. Like in direct sunlight you will just be amazed. It almost feels like your eyes are failing you. Again high mineral count in the resin high resin count veneer cut and a bit of finish magic gets you this effect. I feel bad for charging more for those but that wood is so rare and expensive. Super hard to find.

Good Puffen 07!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Oh yeah too late to edit sorry about that. So the contest you have to be 21 or older. I will cover the shipping cost even overseas. This is just to reward all the people here who help and support us small fry makers. So do not feel you have to be american

Not much else to say to update you all other than keep on keeping on. Also I am a bit tuckered out. I know it seems like only a week to you all, but I have been getting all this ready to launch for months ( well not stems, I was going to build IH's but the costs and liabilities stopped me, so stumbled into this but I was going to do something with the infrastructure I laid out. ) now, plus my reg job it has me a bit drained. I love it though would not change it for the world. I have not felt this happy and alive in quite a long time, and I want to thank you all for helping me do all this.

@BabyFacedFinster It will be quite a long time before you fill up that 1/4 inch hole. But just use dry pipe cleaners on them. These are wood so you do not want to use any cleaners on them, because it will soak into the wood then get into you. So jsut bees wax polish on the outside, and run a pipe cleaner through it to open the air way if it gets that much use. But trust me you have to smoke pounds before clogging becomes an issue due to the hole size.

Oh yea I almost forgot to give you all a pic.... Uhhhh let me make one really fast. As always...

Good Puffen. 07
View attachment 355

Thanks @Rabid Kiwi. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have some nice bees wax that I use on my e-nano and other wood stems.

Mono Loco

Looking Good, Jonathan. I really like them.

Uhm ... I get the first one (below ***) obviously, and the third one, makes sense, but the 2nd one ... I don't understand.
If MMJ is legal, what's the need for such a "disclaimer" ?

The third would be more clear, to me, if it contained something more like: "Not to be used as a chillum; not for direct smoking/combustion as the smoke would negatively affect the natural wood of the stem (drying it out, contaminating it with nasty flavors) . These stems require the use of a Dynavap tip to be used for vaping temperatures only." Why not own it and promote it ?

***Tip Not Included***
***This Is Art To Only Be Used As Display***
***Not for use with combustion or smoking***

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
@Jill NYC @Mono Loco I can not talk about those disclaimers I can only say that I make art that is display units.

@BabyFacedFinster You will be happy with that one. It has a nice stream lined body. I included some sand paper to size your tip so it is nice and snug for display. Just remember to take it slow on the inside only. You can not put it back. I like to take the first ring off ( then one farthest from the bowl ) so it can be a really tight fit. But YMMV. Remember slow twisting motions.... Sorry I baby them too much it is in good hands I know it.

BabyFacedFinster

I included some sand paper to size your tip so it is nice and snug for display. Just remember to take it slow on the inside only. You can not put it back. I like to take the first ring off ( then one farthest from the bowl ) so it can be a really tight fit. But YMMV. Remember slow twisting motions.... Sorry I baby them too much it is in good hands I know it.

Thanks. Just ordered a new tip and cap for it. Puffitup is selling 19M's for $45 right now and the price was worth it just for the tip and cap. Those will go on my new wood stem. For display purposes. In fact, I plan on displaying the shit of it. ;)

Sanding makes me nervous so I'll keep it to a minimum.

BTW, I've enjoyed some woodturning videos on youtube. It's very soothing to watch. This one guy has his Laws of Woodturning and one of them is "you can take it off, but you can't put it back." Similar to making pens and vape stems, he makes a lot of pieces that must also be hollowed out. Another one of his laws is "you can't make the inside bigger than the outside."

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
@TommyDee

Each wood is different. The silica, minerals, oils, resin, density, grain, amount, weather. All these come in to factor. There is a point that I can not share some details. This is just part of the nature when it comes skills like this. As it was passed down to me so have I passed it, so it lives on. But a craftsperson still must retain that but to themselves. There is a lot of the old way in my work, I will tell you that much. Sometimes nothing can beat a good dry room and a bit of waiting it out. Like when I need to make money I do finish jobs for people. I charge 60 -100 bucks per hour and people are happy to pay it. So it is cutting into my income security as well, I would not get the prices I do for the side jobs. I hate to be that way, but that money helps fund these stems as well as helps put food on the table. Never share your best fishing holes bud, sorry.

But to be honest I do not get that many logs any more. I do have some back stock of stuff. But I have been lazy as of the last few years and just buying large natural cut slabs, then lumbering those. Most of those are already to be worked you just got to cut it out. I still call it lumbering because I am looking for the prime cuts. For these you have to call a bunch of places, or just know people. I will sometimes stop by the rare lumber yards in the few states around here. But that is mostly in winter when work slows down and I can drive 5 hours to look around a wood store for rare finds. I also have quite the back stock of wood from me just geeking out on grain and finishing tech.

I am a finisher. I can do the other stuff, miter, biscuit, doves, and all that jazz. But I am best at finish, it is just what I do. I can see how wood is going to take different things just by looking at the grain. I can judge the luster and refraction by just the cut marks. I can smell the resins and oils and know what wood needs to smell like what to be what I want. All this is part of finishing, and so much more. It is the little steps that walk us over mountains. I feel though I have over shared a bit, and dived too deep. Alas, I can not sleep and this was a nice distraction so thank you for your question, I am sorry I can not give you an exact response.

Good Puffen! 07

Top Bottom