• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Glow

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Alright. Ive been reading this topic to page 13 but have a question I cannot help but ask.
Every time I press the button for the whole 10 sec duration there is 'smoke' for the lack of a better word, right before it turns the coils off.
Is this normal? I have a video but how to upload hmm
Glow rcv 14
Sounds like you're scorching your herb?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
From my understanding, looking at that pic @ChilledAsian posted, it looks like the coil is out of the airpath, it's heating a glass tube, like a big Tubo heater... but I could be wrong... Do you have more infos about the heater?

It definitely looks like the coil is in the air path to me. Would be hard to not have it in the path, kinda reminds me of a junior Verdamper.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Alright. Ive been reading this topic to page 13 but have a question I cannot help but ask.
Every time I press the button for the whole 10 sec duration there is 'smoke' for a lack of a better word, right before it turns the coils off.
Glow rcv 14
You mean there's vapor coming off the mouthpiece after you stop hitting your device?
In that case, yes, that's normal.

Edit: sorry I didn't see your post about the empty bowl.

So, no that's not normal.
Have you tried a complete burnoff?

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
or the coil is too close to the wood of the vape
Of course it's posible, but I was suggesting a (coil) burnoff because everytime I install new coils I get a little vapor/"smoke" coming off the deck.
In such cases I tend to heat the coil(s) until they glow and then let cool and repeat until there's no visible vapor/smoke/whatever.

Gwap

Pull the wood off the base........is it scorched or is there debris in there?
I got the screw loose and off plus the cover. I cannot pull the woof off. Tried to push the base out with a tool to stir and it acted kind of weird afterwards like i hit the coils or some. Seems ok though. Bit scared to continue further. The screen is out of the wood base and I cannot see anything.

Gwap

You mean there's vapor coming off the mouthpiece after you stop hitting your device?
In that case, yes, that's normal.

Edit: sorry I didn't see your post about the empty bowl.

So, no that's not normal.
Have you tried a complete burnoff?
I have tried to hold button in multiple times until it turns off but Im not sure what a total burnoff is? It keeps smoking at the end 50/75% of the time

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I have tried to hold button in multiple times until it turns off but Im not sure what a total burnoff is?
A burnoff is a procedure must of us carry after acquiring a new vape. It is intended to get rid of all the nasty residues from machining and production. You basically turn your unit on without loading it and let it warm and stay on to the max temperature for a few minutes. Doing this a couple of times before actually using your unit should help.

It keeps smoking at the end 50/75% of the time
I think @arb is right here. The coil may be very close or in direct contact with the wood, which ends up being scorched and releases "smoke".
If this is the case, the solution is (as @arb suggested) pulling off the wood body and working directly on the deck to rectify the coil configuration.

Dutch-Mic

Every time I press the button for the whole 10 sec duration there is 'smoke' for a lack of a better word, right before it turns the coils off.
Glow rcv 14

Did you inhale while holding the button for about ten seconds? If not: it's normal that smoke appeared, because the wood gets way too warm.

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: arb

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Did you inhale while holding the button for about ten seconds? If not: it's normal that smoke appeared, because the wood gets way too warm.
I'm not sure. Of course, it depends on the watts he/she is using, but in my experience if I fire the button for ten seconds without inhaling, even at about 45 watts, I don't see anything coming off the mouthpiece.

Dutch-Mic

I'm not sure. Of course, it depends on the watts he/she is using, but in my experience if I fire the button for ten seconds without inhaling, even at about 45 watts, I don't see anything coming off the mouthpiece.

A question out of curiosity: do you see any scorched wood inside the wooden base? One Glow of mine is a bit scorched on the inside because of heating it for ten seconds without inhaling. When I found that out I only do burn-offs when the wood is removed from the base.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
A question out of curiosity: do you see any scorched wood inside the wooden base? One Glow of mine is a bit scorched on the inside because of heating it for ten seconds without inhaling. When I found that out I only do burn-offs when the wood is removed from the base.
I don't see any actual sign of scorching. The wood is darker than the outside, that's for sure, but I think this is because it has been used a lot.
I don't know. Maybe it depends on the type of wood?

BTW, I totally agree about the burnoff with the wood removed from the base.:2c:

Gwap

So I figured how to upload and it seems to work great

Screenshot_20210610-184141_Gallery.jpg
@arb I dont know if this is debris english isnt my native tounge. But it does not exactly look clean lol. Thanks for the tip about getting the wood off its base.

@Franco ill do a burnoff from now on appreciate you explaining

@Dutch-Mic No I did not inhale. Its never above 43 watts btw
Have a look..
Screenshot_20210610-185311_Gallery.jpg

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
@Gwap

The smoke was coming from all those wood debris on the deck/coils.
Get rid of all the debris and try again to fire it without the wood base.
Also, try to avoid creating other debris while reinserting the wood.

One thing I found quite strange is that, in general, Dreamwood products are very well finished even on the inside...

Gwap

Alright ill give it a thorough clean. Man I dont rule out some from the top of screen got down there when i took it out but what caused the smoke before then hmm

Thanks for the help i dont usually ask to be spoon fed information but it was a matter of safety

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Alright ill give it a thorough clean. Man I dont rule out some from the top of screen got down there when i took it out but what caused the smoke before then hmm

Thanks for the help i dont usually ask to be spoon fed information but it was a matter of safety
No problem! You're in the right place for all your vape-related questions. :cheers:

Dayseed

If the unit has never been disassembled for cleaning before, isn’t that debris more likely to be AVB that’s fallen through the screen?
Whenever I clean mine there’s always a few stray bits of AVB that need brushing out.

VaperGeezer

Hi Peeps, is there anyone on here that has any tips to solve my issue?
I have looked online and still haven’t found the answers I need, I would be very grateful for any assistance. ✌🏻

VaperGeezer,
Reactions: arb

Therapy

So I figured how to upload and it seems to work great

View attachment 9003
@arb I dont know if this is debris english isnt my native tounge. But it does not exactly look clean lol. Thanks for the tip about getting the wood off its base.

@Franco ill do a burnoff from now on appreciate you explaining

@Dutch-Mic No I did not inhale. Its never above 43 watts btw
Have a look..
View attachment 9002
How many bowls have you vaped before this pic? Mine came spotless and still is after 15 bowls.

Therapy,

Dayseed

I’m guessing a lot @Therapy. When I checked my deck yesterday it was the first time in about 3 weeks and there were only half a dozen stray AVB particles floating around.

Dayseed,
Top Bottom