Dreamwood Glow

a_roberto89

do you guys prefer the combi over the xl cooling stem? do you think is possible to modify the standard wood mouthpiece to fit the combi bent cooling stem?

a_roberto89,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
do you guys prefer the combi over the xl cooling stem? do you think is possible to modify the standard wood mouthpiece to fit the combi bent cooling stem?
I only have the short cooling stem, but I'd say that the combi is better.

Unfortunately the glass of the combi is too wide to fit in the wooden mouthpiece (I've just tried :-)
...At least the straight glass...

OMGSUS

What gauge of SS316L wire should I use for a simple coil in TC mode?

I have a Glow 18 and I ordered 24 ga wire because that's all that was in stock, but after googling about gauges, it seems like 24 ga might be too low resistance. But then again, most of the comments I saw are probably for e-cigs, which could have different temp ranges.

What diameter coil/number of wraps would you recommend for 24/26/28 gauge SS316L?
I have some 24g wire that I twist to make my coils.

OMGSUS,
  • Love
Reactions: arb

Sawyer

I haven’t tried the xl cooling stem, so I can’t speak on that.

I don’t think you can modify the standard mouthpiece in such a way that it can be used with the combi stem in an enjoyable way. Maybe if you’d forgo the o-ring around the stem and slightly increase the diameter on the top of the mouthpiece so the stem will fit. If it would properly seal that way, I could see it working. The wood of the mouthpiece isn’t that thick so you don’t have much to work with if you want to create a ledge for the o-ring to sit on.

Sawyer,

Sawyer

Different in a good way, I hope? I see yours has a logo, mine is all blank. How are you liking the short cooling stem? Does it cool adequately?

IMHO a cooling stem should be included with the vape. The wooden mouthpieces are usable dry I guess, but the vapor is _so_ hot. My throat feels like I’ve been smoking when I use it.

Sawyer,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Yeh glass is definitely the way to go with these, the combi cooling mouthpieces are a nice way to get the handheld fun as well as on a waterpiece

sunyata,

polopo54

Hey guys, I am about to bite the bullet on the Glow but before I do I have to decide between 14 and 18.

I only microdose and almost never use water attachments so my favourite is the 14 model. However I still have some nice stems from my old Mistvape Touch (RIP) that are just laying around. I am not sure about the measurements on those - could someone who have experience with both please confirm whether or not they would be compatible with any of the 14 and 18 models?

polopo54,

GoldenBud

Hey guys, I am about to bite the bullet on the Glow but before I do I have to decide between 14 and 18.

I only microdose and almost never use water attachments so my favourite is the 14 model. However I still have some nice stems from my old Mistvape Touch (RIP) that are just laying around. I am not sure about the measurements on those - could someone who have experience with both please confirm whether or not they would be compatible with any of the 14 and 18 models?
don't even consider the 18...
it's too powerful for microdosers imho and wastes more material, i did a mistake getting it. i have another 18mm vapes. had to get 14, but it may happen in the future ;)

Therapy

Different in a good way, I hope? I see yours has a logo, mine is all blank. How are you liking the short cooling stem? Does it cool adequately?

IMHO a cooling stem should be included with the vape. The wooden mouthpieces are usable dry I guess, but the vapor is _so_ hot. My throat feels like I’ve been smoking when I use it.
Been busy since I got it so I only have been able to do 2 bowls so far. Will update once I have done some more.

Therapy,

Dayseed

don't even consider the 18...
it's too powerful for microdosers imho and wastes more material
That's not been my experience, although I've been almost exclusively using the new mesh caps. I typically load the equivalent to a Dynvap bowl and I've had really good results and thorough extraction.

HaschLover

Got my Glow 18 yesterday as its been a true love story since then :love:. I find myself just sitting and looking at that beauty, stoned and not stoned. The craftmanship, quality feel, smell and also the feel of the weight in my hand when I hold it. Not to mention the vaping experience! First RCV I’ve tried and really liking everything about it. The controll you get when hitting that button is awesome for me. Bowl size is sufficient for my heavy consumtion of weed. I could go on and on praising this thing:clap:

I must also send love to the people at greendream for the cute and friendly packaging with handwritten bestwishes on the receipt. Nice small shop shopping experience even though I ordered online. You rock!

HaschLover

This seems to be a recurring theme. I research the hell out of something before buying, and then I actually end up preferring some impulse buy, for lack of a better word.

:lol: Same for me with this vape. Researched other vapes for days before stumbling on this one, taking a quick look in this thread and then instantly ordered it. The rest is a love story.

LooseCucumber

This vape has fallen to the wayside for me because of the required technique. I probably didn't give it a fair enough shot as I've been reaching for other easier to operate vapes instead. It has potential but I've been too lazy to sit down and experiment. How do you guys use the fire button? I find running it the full ten seconds can be risky once the load is up to temp. But otherwise, I had a good experience with Dreamwood and love the aesthetic of this atomizer

LooseCucumber,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
This vape has fallen to the wayside for me because of the required technique. I probably didn't give it a fair enough shot as I've been reaching for other easier to operate vapes instead. It has potential but I've been too lazy to sit down and experiment. How do you guys use the fire button? I find running it the full ten seconds can be risky once the load is up to temp. But otherwise, I had a good experience with Dreamwood and love the aesthetic of this atomizer
I recently went back to the kanthal coils (after having some fun with ss and TCR mode), currently use it at crazy high wattage (~50) but with the airflow all open. I fire for 2-3s before starting to draw, then keep firing for the length of the draw. You kinda gotta feel for the vapor with your mouth, and then regulate your draw speed accordingly. But pretty high draw speed either way at 50w.

Therapy

How many draws does it take you to finish a bowl?

Yesterday I tried 2 more bowls, still not found the best technique.
First bowl was with the spikey stem at 38W, 3 sec preheat with a 5 sec draw. Was only tasting wood (it's my first wooden vape) and having to take a lot of draws before the 0,1g bowl was done.
Second bowl I tried the WPA through my bong at 40W, was not getting a lot of vapor so decided to do a long, slow draw but that made me combust.

Any tips?

Therapy,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Any tips?

I use mine (glow18v3) between 37w and 42w (depends on my desires) airflow open, pre-heat 2-3sec, sweet draw until I feel the heat on my lips and then I inhale progressively harder and harder until my lungs are satisfied.
The higher the wattage, the stronger the draw throughout the process.
I have a glass part on the woodMP (i posted pictures higher in the thread p32) because alone it becomes too hot in the mouth.

Dayseed

I find that the best way to avoid combustion is to stop heating halfway through the draw. So 2-3 sec preheat, 4-5 seconds draw with heat, then another 4-5 seconds without heat. Regardless of the wattage that seems to work for me consistently.

Therapy

I find that the best way to avoid combustion is to stop heating halfway through the draw. So 2-3 sec preheat, 4-5 seconds draw with heat, then another 4-5 seconds without heat. Regardless of the wattage that seems to work for me consistently.
Also through a water piece?

Therapy,

GoldenBud

when the glow arrived i was using wismec ravage230 with arctic fox, dry using full opened at around 55w. i didn't have the airflow ring on it.. but i also never autofired -- it can lead to combustion, quicker than you may think...

anyway i used it up to 60w, as someone once mentioned here in this thread "12 seconds 60W all opened, fast draw" he was talking about the V2 tho.
anyhow - the deck is now connected to the heat sink and it doesn't wanna leave it. so i'm having a full opened deck, all the time. that's why it's too strong for me now, as a microdoser now.

Don't use the glow18 V3 above 55W IMHO if you're using heatsink.. don't push it, just slow your draw.
55W REQUIRES full opened airflow and fast draw..

Therapy

Just tried this, works amazing.
Changes the experience completely. Thank you

Something else I noticed though is the heater making a sound as soon as I put in the batteries.
It's very soft, you can only hear it if you put it up to your ear. It's almost like a mini rail way crossing bell.
You have to really turn up the volume to hear it but here it is.

Dayseed

Changes the experience completely. Thank you
No problem. It's a technique that I picked up with the Tinymight and just happens to work well with the Glow too.

Something else I noticed though is the heater making a sound as soon as I put in the batteries.
I get that also. Just a single buzz when the battery is inserted. I'm assuming that it's a small amount of current running through the deck as the battery makes a connection (that's a complete guess, as I know next to nothing about electronics).

Dayseed,

a_roberto89

Hey guys i need a little help from you as usual! I'm really enjoying my glow at home with the long cooling stem. but I find it very hot with only the wooden mouthpiece, how long is the short cooling stem in comparison to the standard wooden one? and in comparison to the short xl8r rbt stem? thanks for the help!

a_roberto89,

VaperGeezer

hi
the setup looks very nice (ehpro CS100) , but how many sessions do you do with a single 21700 battery (compared with a dual 18650 battery)?
hi
the setup looks very nice (ehpro CS100) , but how many sessions do you do with a single 21700 battery (compared with a dual 18650 battery)?

@bob60 Very sorry for the late reply m8, Iv only just seen your message!

I can get 6/7 full j-pods per 21700 battery, I’m hitting it @43/45W.
I’m sure everyone vapes differently so you might get a bit less or more out of one battery, it all depends on how you personally vape, draw speed/how long you hold fire button & how much you brown off your bud!

I hope this helps. 🤓

The CS100 is definitely a great mod for on the go, it works well with the Glow18 V3 in Watts mode, not tried it in TC mode because the mod not that great in TC.

I’m just waiting on the Odin DNA250 2 x 21700 batteries to come back into stock, it’s a perfect home mod with plenty of battery life, I also want to give TC ago and see if I can dial in that perfect vape with a DNA board. 😝

🙂/

VaperGeezer,
Reactions: bob60
Top Bottom