Dreamwood Glow

lauantaimakkara

I got my Glow14 yesterday , what an Awesome vape!! It worked right out of the box. I used 36 watts and got good clouds. And it was a pleasant surprise to see that I didn’t have to stir at any point. Avb was not very dark but that’s ok, I’ll get more potent cannaoil I guess?

however I have couple of questions;
1) How am I supposed to change the screens from the mouthpiece and from the bowl? And how I can clean them???

2) is there an easy way to bend the screens to a correct shape for the glass stems? This all seems to be quite complicated

3) I’m happy with the single coil it came with but if I’m going to change it, should I make a dual coil setup from the extra coils that came with it? And if I buy/make my own coils, what ohms should I aim at?

I’ll probably ask more questions later. Thanks in advance!

Btw. I got DynaVap PhantoM and slimstash FOR FREE as a 420 deal with my order. Highly recommend dispensr.eu!

Uds8Otq.jpg

HaschLover

Hi fellow vapers :wave:. Thank you for yet another friendly thread with lots of vape wisdom.

Just bought myself a Glow RCV 18 to replace my Boundless CFC 2.0 as my daily driver. Very much looking forward trying this vape out. I wanted something with a little more quality feel, less plastics and the ability to change batteries. Hopefully this will be my go to device for a long time. I’m happy with the vapor production and quality in my Boundless so hopefully the Glow will at least match that. But from what I’m reading here that probably wont be a problem :D

Vape on! :rockon:

lauantaimakkara

Does someone have the original coil on their Glow 14? I'd like to know íf the ohms are same as on mine. I have 0.6 ohms.

lauantaimakkara,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Does someone have the original coil on their Glow 14? I'd like to know íf the ohms are same as on mine. I have 0.6 ohms.

The original kanthal that comes with it? I have that on mine, but why would the resistance matter? You cannot set up temp control with this type of metal coil, you can only use it in wattage mode, so the resistance (ohms) should be irrelevant... Unless you are using a steel coil to set up a temp control, but it doesn't come like that

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

they glow like the original? no flashing? seems too high to me. it's 0.262 when I really invested my time making it perfect, after replacing them to another Kanthal and made sure it's glowing like the old ones.

Last edited:

lauantaimakkara

why would the resistance matter?
I don’t know if it matters. I just used to adjust the wattages around 3.7 volts when I used e-cigs and now if I use the recommended 35 watts the voltage goes up to 4.6

they glow like the original? no flashing? seems too high to me. it's 0.262 when I really invested my time making it perfect, after replacing them to another Kanthal and made sure it's glowing like the old ones.
Yes. Glow14 out of the box...

Shit Snacks

I don’t know if it matters. I just used to adjust the wattages around 3.7 volts when I used e-cigs and now if I use the recommended 35 watts the voltage goes up to 4.6

Ah okay because you are used to volts, so I wouldn't worry about the resistance or voltage at all for stock Glow14, and I would start at 30 or 32 watts to get a feel for it (range should be like 28 to 37 watts for me)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

GoldenBud

ccqvb7R.jpg

EIz3lvF.jpg
maybe that is normal BUT I wouldn't use it with 0.6 ohms and voltage going up because the battery was way too hot in my case and my mod's battery was stucked inside. MAYBE it's fine because you have glow14 and i have glow18 so your deck/coils are smaller, but wait for a 100% sure opinion, don't use it this way.....just wait... don't use it now...

lauantaimakkara

maybe that is normal BUT I wouldn't use it with 0.6 ohms and voltage going up because the battery was way too hot in my case and my mod's battery was stucked inside. MAYBE it's fine because you have glow14 and i have glow18 so your deck/coils are smaller, but wait for a 100% sure opinion, don't use it this way.....just wait... don't use it now...
Yeah. I think I’ll try to contact Dreamwood directly. Thank you!

HaschLover

Does anyone know why there are hardly any 510 dry herb tanks on the market except for the Glow? Is it a dying trend? Can hardly find any of the tanks mentioned in the video below anywhere, neither in USA nor Europe. The RBT is also out of stock everywhere.

Also, has anyone used a Boundless CFC 2.0 and can compare to the Glow?

Shit Snacks

Does anyone know why there are hardly any 510 dry herb tanks on the market except for the Glow? Is it a dying trend? Can hardly find any of the tanks mentioned in the video below anywhere, neither in USA nor Europe. The RBT is also out of stock everywhere.

Also, has anyone used a Boundless CFC 2.0 and can compare to the Glow?

Unfortunately I believe you may have just missed your chance to snag an Imp... Splinter still occasionally possible but rare now, though there is still iHeat and also StemPod... Herbie and Divine Tribe too?

Improvaper

Does anyone know why there are hardly any 510 dry herb tanks on the market except for the Glow?

I bought them all. Sorry.

Seriously though, sadly, this market is hitting a lot of roadblocks all at once. Vape mail ban, the transition of the ecig market from mods to pods, and the fact that most people demand reliable temp control. Even the best of TCR setups with any 510 will fail you eventually in that department due to very small resistance shifts in the coil. It's just not something that seems to be catching on in a big way. It sucks, because for tweakers like myself, it is nearly the ideal format and worthy of much more exploring.

FWIW, I'm am loving the shit out of my relatively new RCV14. I've always been a wattage guy, and this is one of the best. I love the airflow wide open... feels like an 18mm topper with 14mm portability. Good flavor, can definitely rip if ya wanna. Good stuff!

Sawyer

You’re gonna love it!
I got myself an 18 with a combi mouthpiece and bent cooling stem over the 420 sales. It has quickly become my go-to piece.
The 14 gives me a bit bigger clouds through water, but I find it’s also a bit more difficult to control (i.e. prevent scorching). Great for microdosing. The 18 with the combi though... that’s my jam! It’s even got a nickname already: Popeye, since it reminds me of Popeye’s pipe when filling it. This of course causes me to make the ag-ag-ag-ag sound while holding it popeye style when properly medicated 😄

Initially I wasn’t even planning on getting the combi mouthpiece, but I accidentally ordered the cooling stem for it when ordering the cooling stem for my 14. Since I don’t really like returning items when it was my own fault for not paying better attention, and the 4/20 sale came up, and including the mouthpiece just tipped me over to free shipping, and the service was great before, and vas, and... Of course the most civilized and sensible thing to do was to get the 18 with combi.

It can go on my list of impromptu, but oh so awesome purchases. This seems to be a recurring theme. I research the hell out of something before buying, and then I actually end up preferring some impulse buy, for lack of a better word. Like when I picked up a pair of sunglasses at some random place because I forgot mine, and it ended up being my favorite pair.

a_roberto89

and i guess you guys was right 😁😁 i'm loving it so far! the xl cooling stem is perfect when i'm at home!
i'm playing a little with the air intake but i think the draw speed is the key factor. for now i'm at 35w and already have really nice cloud.
I'm not familiar with 18650 battery, will it be a problem if i charge it everyday? should i buy another pair so i can charge it every other day?
thanks

Sawyer

I think you can charge them every day without issue. If I’m correct the batteries are most “happy” between 20% and 80% charge, don’t like getting hot and have a fixed number of recharge cycles. Charging every day or every other day shouldn’t influence the number of cycles.

For me the draw speed is key as well. Especially when using water tools it’s easy to slow the draw speed down too much.

Dayseed

The 18 with the combi though... that’s my jam!
I had a combi mouthpiece turn up yesterday (straight and bent) and it's been my favourite setup so far. I find a lot easier to get the draw speed right - that extra draw resistance really helps.

The only problem is that I managed to break the straight stem whilst cleaning, so didn't get to try that out.

Last edited:
Dayseed,
Top Bottom