Dreamwood Dobby Vaporizer

Hammahead

@Dreamwood - maybe you want to chill a bit and read my post again.

1. My friend is super happy with what he paid for (the DLX One Pro) and I'm also very fond of it, I strongly consider buying it myself and recommend it to anyone interested in an add-on for bongs.

2. He was totally happy to receive the vapo-pipe as a gift, and is happily using it. I used it too and find it terrific as well.

3. When my friend saw my SBJ he thought the overall quality was a little higher than that of the Vapopipe and the DLX One. He's not UNHAPPY with the dreamwood vapes, just a little less happy than before. He does not regret his decision and is telling everyone how much he likes it.

All I said that could actually be seen as critcal was that the SB Labs glass parts are thicker. I didn't say your glass was thin or even too thin. The glass mouthpiece in the vapo-pipe is not entirely fixed and moves a little, when you wiggle it, but - as I said - it's tight enough and works just fine. It seems you skipped most of my posting where I praised your products (which I have seen) and service (which my friend has been very happy with). I have found this forum full of people who are able to read and consider details and complex facts. So I tried to add as many details as I could, from my personal experience. Anything I assumed, I marked clearly as assumption. I didn't diss your products at all and don't quite see the problem you seem to have with my posting.

I asked a mod to erase the last part of my posting, as I don't want to cause sleepless nights for you (no matter if I understand your excitement or not, and I don't). When you don't get what I'm trying to say there (if you had, you wouldn't have called it nonsense, which I believe is way exaggerated), maybe other members won't get it as well. And it's not really important to anyone. So just chill out dude, ok?

Last edited:

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
@Hammahead
i'm chilled all day...
always sound rude in english don't know why.
i'm sorry if it came like an attack on you.

you said yourself you wanted to put in as much detail as possible in your review and then to assume something is no proper detail for a review.
but all good.

was it the zebranopipe your friend got? 9mm or 12mm mouthpiece? i don't know for sure which one we send him.

the hole is always 0,5mm bigger then the glasspieces...the o-ring seals and secures the glasspiece maybe try to put in 2 o-rings if the sinking is big enough that should fix it better, but should generaly not be needed.

greetings
Steffen/Dreamwood

ps:

in germany is national holiday at the 10.3.17 we celebrate that germany was united back together the "Tag der Deutschen Einheit" "day of german unity"
we created a discount code for you on all Dreamwood products

@ www.greendream.shop

gAijN7t.jpg

Last edited:

Herbaire

I've been in contact with Joel , i'm now waiting for my first DOBBY, a padouk one :)
So excited to receive & try it, what's appealing me about it is it's very small dimensions because i need a full portable butane vape, and also for me this Dobby should be the closest i can have to a LILY.

I wonder a lot if the stem is removable so it doesen't break during transportation! (Not the intake, the long one)
Can't wait oh my god i'm so excited i can't wait anymore!!
I will be back to tells i this vape can meet my expectations.

Joel, your last creations are phenomenal, really! I specially love the vapopipes, their look & design, could you tell us more about them, they are not mentionned on the Dreamwood site...

Peace!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've been in contact with Joel , i'm now waiting for my first DOBBY, a padouk one :)
So excited to receive & try it, what's appealing me about it is it's very small dimensions because i need a full portable butane vape, and also for me this Dobby should be the closest i can have to a LILY.

I wonder a lot if the stem is removable so it doesen't break during transportation! (Not the intake, the long one)
Can't wait oh my god i'm so excited i can't wait anymore!!
I will be back to tells i this vape can meet my expectations.

Joel, your last creations are phenomenal, really! I specially love the vapopipes, their look & design, could you tell us more about them, they are not mentionned on the Dreamwood site...

Peace!

I'd recommend trying to get a Lily mouthpiece from @Ed's TnT I use just the small wider part instead of stock glass mouthpiece and it is great. I'd imagine it would fit the Dobby too, but you may want to be sure...

Still think this thread title should be changed to "Dreamwood Vaporizers (Dobby, Punch, DLX)" since it will better cover the full range of products as it is short yet comprehensive... @Stu?

Herbaire

@ Shit Snacks Thank you, i've already sent an e mai to brother Ed, i will wait for his answer. Do you have any tips to get a high temperature extraction with the Lily, i'd like to perform extraction in 2 to 3 hits maximum?

In the meantime,a wooden stem would be a very nice thing to add to the Dobby, i don't really care about the stealth aspect, more about the transportation & ease of use. Plus, if Joel could make it in the same wood as the vape ordered, i'm sure i'd be one of the many wishing & ordering it.

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
hey guys thanks for the kindness!!

@Herbaire its not posdible for me to make a wood mouthpiece myself, its on the list of things i want to add in the future.
in the meantime i can only make a simple stainless steel mouthpiece wich should do the job!?
let me know i send you one!

stay safe guys
steffen

Dutch-Mic

@Dutch-Mic they are incredibly fast: I ordered Friday morning and had the package on Saturday afternoon (same country though, but in terms of absolute distance, you should be even closer, as they are based in Duisburg)

Oh wow that's as fast as Vaposhop! I'll be working all day tomorrow, so hopefully a helpful neighbor will be kind enough to receive it for me. BTW, I hope the DLX is a nice addition to your collection.

I'll definitely post a first impression review @JmVape1988 :)

Dutch-Mic

I don't have the time at the moment for a long, nuanced review. Short impression of the Dobby: it's a beautiful vaporizer (bought the American walnut) and very well made. It feels like a vape that I can grow old with. The vapor quality is really awesome. I get very tasty hits that aren't harsh on my throat. It's important that you load enough material though. The first week I loaded tiny amounts and tasted only hot air. But after the help from the customer service it all worked out.

Speaking about customer service, my experience with them is great. They answered all my questions very well, and even offered a Dobby session in Amsterdam when I stated I had some vapor production difficulties. A very cool and friendly offer!

In about a week I'll write a more detailed review.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Dutch-Mic I have the DLX-M and I formed the original screen into a shallow basket and pressed it into form which works great for smallish loads (~0.06g) because the herb sit close together and get heated nicely. With my 4-flame torch I get them to a medium to dark brown in one single big hit.

Herbaire

hey guys thanks for the kindness!!

@Herbaire its not posdible for me to make a wood mouthpiece myself, its on the list of things i want to add in the future.
in the meantime i can only make a simple stainless steel mouthpiece wich should do the job!?
let me know i send you one!

stay safe guys
steffen

Hello again,

i should've came much sooner here to share my impressions of the vape and company, i had to travel and i believe the Padouk Dobby came the day after i leave.

My brother told me it looked so sweet that he may love having one for himself, and ``the package was full of gadget''.

So i think that the dobby is a solid investment, regarding the price and its uniqueness, and already in touch with the design of these open source vapes, i' m very excited to try it in the future.

@Dreamwood: yes, i remember we talked about this in e mail, i'd be very happy to try a different stem in the dobby if you have one in spare. I thought by that time that i was going on a second order really quick, but things gone little south since then.

Long life Dreamwood,
PS: We want the VAPOPIPEES !!!!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here my humble review of the Dobby vaporizer. It's a butane powered vaporizer similar in use to the Daisy I previously owned but lot of smaller in size. The magnets make it very easy to open/close to stir or load and the adjustable glass mouthpiece is a big plus.

The one I received is made from ashtree and finish is well made. It's a Classic and the shape is pretty basic, I think it's better to pick up one with a better shape design if you can.

To carry it you can remove the heater glass tube and place it in the unit as well the adjustable mouthpiece. The provided lighter is very good and get a large tank. Unit comes with some wood wax, a glass frited disc for concentrates use (:tup:), stirrer, replacement screens and replacement o-rings.

Here a pic of my Ashtree Dobby Classic vaporizer:
CBIfmMa.jpg

Vapor production is easy to master, no need for very long and slow inhalation which helps to get a sort of "smoking" feeling, no painfull learning curve for me. With the extended glass mouthpiece you get some dense clouds, very tasty and very, very smooth (similar to the Daisy even with a shorter vaporpath, like butter!). You can load a lot but you'll need to stir a lot in this case and a combustion incident might happens (never happened to me although...). Very small load is not the best (but work rather well) but a medium sized load is perfect (0.15).The grind I prefer for this vape would be coarse but eithers work.

Taste is pretty good if you refrain yourself to look for thicker and thicker clouds. You can scorch easily the load and ruin the taste but if you pay enough attention what you are doing, it's something totally avoidable. The smaller the load, the less scorching/ combustion incident will happen. I found the "throat feeling" very important to know when to stop to heat with this vaporizer.

This german vaporizer is pretty efficient, simple and don't need a deep learning curve. It is affordable too and only made from wood, glass, a few o-rings and some metal screens. It's nice to see more european manufacturers to spread the word. Thank you FC and DreamWood Vaporizer to gave me the opportunity to test this vaporizer (and others too)!

Dutch-Mic

I own vapcaps, vaponics, MFLB’s and a Vapman. I was looking for a convection vaporizer and decided to buy the Walnut Dobby. I own it for a couple of months and decided to write a review.

Package and accessories
The package looks like it could survive a drop from a building. The vaporizer and the other (spare) parts are well protected due to the hemp mats (?) and wrapping paper. When you open the package you’re surprised by all the accessories and goodies: a stirring/dab tool, two types of waxes to keep the wood in good condition, a stirring tool goodie, spare parts, a little manual and – very important – a butane lighter. And yes, opening the package makes you smile, because a well-known Marley smiles back at you.

Looks and build quality
The Dreamwood brothers seem to be passionate about vaporizers, and the passion is certainly visible when you look at the Dobby. It’s a beautiful and well finished vaporizer: a piece of craftsmanship. The makers of the Magic Flight Box refer to their products as a functional pieces of art. The same could be said of the Dobby. It’s visible that it’s made by hand, and it gives the Dobby lots of character.

The build quality is, from my point of view, excellent. The two wooden parts fit nicely on each other due to the magnets, and the vape feels sturdy in my hands. The glass parts fit well in the vaporizer and you don’t need to worry about falling glass pieces if you turn the Dobby upside down. If you wiggle the glass parts a bit, you see and feel they move somewhat. It’s a bit like my arm: you can move it, but it won’t fall off.

Vapor Quality
I consider myself a bit spoiled when it comes to taste and vaporizers. The vapor of the Vaponic, Vapman and the first one or two hits of the VapCap are delicious! With the Dobby, the vapor quality is in your own hands. When you master the vape it gives you awesome tasting convection hits. The Vaponic is my favourite vaporizer in terms of taste, so it’s a very big compliment if I say I prefer certain strains of our favourite herbs in the Dobby. It could be a technique issue, but the taste diminishes a bit after after three of four hits (just like with my other vaporizers). That’s not to say that the vapor doesn’t taste good; even when the AVB is brown the taste is still okay. I think that, at the moment, the Dobby, Vaponic and Vapman are my favourite vapes when it comes to tasty vapor.

I was a bit afraid that the vapor of the Dobby would be too warm and maybe harsh. The vapor is a little bit warm, but not harsh at all with the right technique. It feels like smooth, slightly warm vapor. And for the cloud chasers, the Dobby is like a steam locomotive. I blew out some clouds, thought I combusted, checked the herb chamber, and saw that the herbs were only slightly yellow/green.

User friendliness
How to use the Dobby? Load enough herb (make sure the screen in the herb chamber is well covered with grinded herb), put the heat intake and mouthpiece in the vape, place the lighter in front of the heat intake (only the outer part of the blue flame needs to be in the heat intake) and inhale slowly. Make sure that the flame of your lighter is really low. I scorched the wood in the herb chamber a bit because the flame was too big (beginner mistake). It takes a bit practice, but after a while it’s dead simple to produce clouds. Just play around with the flame size and distance to the heat intake to get optimal results.

There are only two cons – maybe only cons for me - I can think of: the manual and removing the screen from the herb chamber. (those two are interrelated). The manual is very basic. For a guy like me, a good manual is very important. To give an example about placing the screen in the herb chamber: the golden tip is to “fold” the screen a bit in the shape of a lens, because then it’s easy to insert it and remove it from the herb chamber , but you won’t find that information in the manual. Before I mailed the “Dobby bros” I just jammed the screen in the herb chamber, and it was difficult to get it out for me, I even damaged the wood a bit because the screen scraped against the wood.

Cleaning
The Dobby is a product I really want to take good care of, and therefore it’s imperative I clean it thoroughly. Cleaning the glass parts is a breeze: put it in some ISO or clean it with alcohol wipes, rinse the parts and let it dry. The screen can be brushed off and put in some ISO.

Customer service
The customer service is outstanding. They respond quickly to mails and gave detailed answers to my questions.

Overall experience
The Dobby is a really fun to use and awesome tasting convection vaporizer (well, the vapor tastes awesome, I haven’t tasted the Dobby itself). A nice addition to any collection! Thanks @Dreamwood :)

Edit: does anyone know where I can buy the 16.5 mm sieves? Vaposhop and Azarius only sell sieves with different sizes.

Last edited:

paehtod

Received my cocobolo Punch Hightower and the zebrano vapopipe yesterday, @Dreamwood gifted a cocobolo roasty mini to me, it also can be a dynavap vapcap stem, they are all beautiful, can not be more happier to be the owner:D. Steffen of @Dreamwood is such a nice guy, I chat with him in IG and discussed the detail of the vape i want, just like chatting with friend, and the product come out so perfect, my vas had a good treatment now:haw: I think i will be settled for a while...... may be get one more last xxxxxx:rofl:
EvKK7Jm.jpg

SMaiCmx.jpg

0PkO5wK.jpg

qYDsyN3.jpg

oyVVxMs.jpg

and the punch is really kickass, punched me in face, wow, big hit but smooth, so amazing~here is a cloud video :)

Dutch-Mic

Beautiful pics @paehtod! And thanks for the video :tup:

I start to love the Dobby more and more because of its versatility: you can vape slowly towards the desired effect, but you can also rip it so hard that it hits you like a train.

About the vapor quality, I noticed that harshness can be avoided by loading a significant amount of grinded material, between 1/2 and 2/3 of the chamber. That way it gives me very satisfying hits. The vape is also very good for microdosing: just take a hit (or two) and leave the rest for later use.

My VAS is pretty much cured thanks to the Dobby and all my other butane vapes.... but the Roasty is also beautiful :brow:

Last edited:
Top Bottom