Dreamwood Dobby Vaporizer

little maggie

Well darn. I promised myself no more butane vapes but this is too beautiful. I know I'm slow but is the one just posted DLX or the DLX 1? I still don't quite understand the difference. I'm going to have to order one but I'm not sure which. I have a lily and daisy so don't need a lily clone.

Last edited:

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
@little maggie
thank you.
The difference is the part where you put your flowers/herbs.

The DLXOne/DeluxeOne has the bowl part (where you put your herbs) in the glass adapter. Its not as easy to change the screen because it needs to be pushed in and hold against from the other side to get in position and is then sitting a little bit curved.
(This is the first vape i invented while playing around with the heat diffusor of the OG Daisy and a 18mm male/male adapter!)
The design works very well.

The DLXPro/DeluxePro is the improved version with a bowl part made of wood like the heat diffusor and the parts are conected with a stainless steel ring.
The vape is then conected to the waterpipe/bong with a 14mm male ground glass conection (which is conected to the vaporizer with a 12mm tube and a silicone ring.)
The screen is easy to change because of a step in the bowl and it sit's flat in the bowl/vaporisation chamber.

I will open a thread for the DLX When i have the time and show thr difference with pictures.

keep on vaping

peace

little maggie

Is this a picture of the pro or theDLX? I think I would want this one because the setup is so familiar with the 14/18 adapter and the 2 screen method stem.

Sorry for the double post, way too late to edit.

Got a dlx one in the mail, haven't had a change to use it yet. @Dreamwood I see a screen at the bottom of the glass in addition to the basket screen on top. Do I just fill the basket screen or do I put it in the glass and cap it off with the basket screen?

Also I love the wood, what kind is it?

IMG_20170704_172222.jpg

IMG_20170704_172443.jpg

IMG_20170704_172459.jpg

Dreamwood

Manufacturer

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
If you fill the basket screen with flowers, its easy to burn but also easy to avoid: inhale faster/use smaller flame! This way its a great one hitter vape.
I'm glad to see this because I was definitely charring a little using the the basket screen. Unfortunately I've only used it once so far and though I charred it, the abv looked good and I definitely fully extracted. I had a feeling I needed to do the 2 screen method. The bottom screen seems a little loose, but I'll mess with it more tonight. Definitely getting some wood taste from it too, it's interesting. I'm sure that'll start going away soon, not that I mind it much.

One other question, are the 2 holes carb holes? I was covering them both, but maybe they are just for airflow?

Oh and also thank you, the karellian grain birch is beautiful and a wood I don't have yet. I'll use it some more tonight, I want to get the hang of it before I post about using it. I'll try doing a video too once I get it down.

Well darn. I promised myself no more butane vapes but this is too beautiful. I know I'm slow but is the one just posted DLX or the DLX 1? I still don't quite understand the difference. I'm going to have to order one but I'm not sure which. I have a lily and daisy so don't need a lily clone.
My pics were from the dlx one, I'll take some pics of loading it up so you can see how it works if you want. I have a dlx pro on the way too which should be similar but with a wooden bowl like @Dreamwood was talking about. The dlx one is more like loading a stem where I think the dlx pro will be more like loading a lily or sticky brick.

Also I know how you feel about butane vapes, I was saying the same thing before I bought this one. Don't need it, just really want it. Even though I already have a lily I have a hard time resisting that purpleheart wood dobby...
bunt_IMG_6461.png

little maggie

I think I'll wait until you get and review the pro. Given the shipping I may end up getting both. (Can't believe I just wrote that.) I have some basket screens from Alan that are perfect for 14mm 2 screen vaping. I'm using them with the MVT. Seems like they'd work well with these. When you get around to cleaning your dlx one would you comment on that as well?

I'm glad to see this because I was definitely charring a little using the the basket screen. Unfortunately I've only used it once so far and though I charred it, the abv looked good and I definitely fully extracted. I had a feeling I needed to do the 2 screen method. The bottom screen seems a little loose, but I'll mess with it more tonight. Definitely getting some wood taste from it too, it's interesting. I'm sure that'll start going away soon, not that I mind it much.

One other question, are the 2 holes carb holes? I was covering them both, but maybe they are just for airflow?

Oh and also thank you, the karellian grain birch is beautiful and a wood I don't have yet. I'll use it some more tonight, I want to get the hang of it before I post about using it. I'll try doing a video too once I get it down.

My pics were from the dlx one, I'll take some pics of loading it up so you can see how it works if you want. I have a dlx pro on the way too which should be similar but with a wooden bowl like @Dreamwood was talking about. The dlx one is more like loading a stem where I think the dlx pro will be more like loading a lily or sticky brick.

Also I know how you feel about butane vapes, I was saying the same thing before I bought this one. Don't need it, just really want it. Even though I already have a lily I have a hard time resisting that purpleheart wood dobby...
bunt_IMG_6461.png

I think I'll wait until you get and review the pro. Given the shipping I may end up getting both. (Can't believe I just wrote that.) I have some basket screens from Alan that are perfect for 14mm 2 screen vaping. I'm using them with the MVT. Seems like they'd work well with these. When you get around to cleaning your dlx one would you comment on that as well?

What questions do you have about the pro? I own one. Only reason I don't have a video up yet is china lost the adapter I ordered twice now. Might just go down to a head shop this weekend and grab one.

EDIT: I lied, I do have a quick video https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4QGcqFyIL

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The bowl for the dlx one is all glass with 2 screens so an iso soak should get it good as new. The wooden part on it is just the heat intake, I don't think that will end up getting dirty. The dlx pro has a wooden bowl and I was going to say it will probably clean like a lily/sticky brick but those have horizontal airpaths and this one goes straight down vertically. I'm not sure how different that will make it. Maybe more of the planty/hashy stuff that builds up under the screen on a lily/brick might just go down into the glass and not need to get cleaned out. I'll have to wait and see.

What questions do you have about the pro? I own one. Only reason I don't have a video up yet is china lost the adapter I ordered twice now. Might just go down to a head shop this weekend and grab one.

EDIT: I lied, I do have a quick video https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4QGcqFyIL
Nice one, perfect short usage video. I noticed you weren't covering the 2 holes, have you tried that before? I'm wondering if those are carb holes or for airflow.

Last edited:
Nice one, perfect short usage video. I noticed you weren't covering the 2 holes, have you tried that before? I'm wondering if those are carb holes or for airflow.

I have covered 1 of them, not both though. I prefer just to leave them open, it's instant convection anyways and to be honest it gets difficult to close either of them while paying attention to the torch and not knocking over the bong

little maggie

I don't really have questions. I want to see them side by side in action if possible. I think I will probably prefer the glass but it looks like the price of both is really not that much. I really don't like butane in spite of my owning 3 butane vapes. They all require more coordination than I like and dealing with the lighters is a hassle. But I think that using it with water will make a difference and neither the lily nor the daisy do that.

little maggie,
Reactions: TRDreviews

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
high boys n girls!

@StormyPinkness

the screen should not be lose so that its shaking around...get it out and try to put it in better. my advice would also be to flame the screen before the first use just let it glow one time....
we just put in the screen to show where it belongs.

The HOLES are for airflow!
DO NOT cover them or the heat gets very concentrated in the middle and it burns your herb easy...or you get a black spot in the middle and a scorched taste.

The wood will swet a little while heated and the edges of the drill right under the heat intake will get maybe charred with the first uses then its mostly gone...i like it...like using a woodn bowl pipe/bong...memories lol always think of it like it was something good but if i burn one it tastes awful lol

i'm really really sorry your DLXPro did nit arrive yet...i hope its not lost...you will get your DLXPro i promise! and i think you need a goodie for the wait...hmmm

The purple hearth Dobby is the last one...my brother has one, trdreviews has one and i have one, so its your choice if you want to join the purplehearthgang ;)
it was trdreviews idea to use this wood and i just made it for him because he liked it a lot!
If you want it send me a message for a discount!

@TRDreviews thanks for posting the video my friend.
Just wanted to say what you own was named DLXTwo first...now i do not really have a name for it. DLXUniversal?

I can send you a male/male 18/14 adapter for free if you are in need!

Its a DLX Pro
(without the glas on glas female conection, its wood on glass)
made for bongs with a male conection.

Thought about to use it as a interchangeable DLX vaporizer....if you put a male/male adapter at the bottom you can use it with a female bong to so you can use every bong you want to, male or female conection!
Damn getting a little bit to much here in the Dobby thread about the DLX.

@little maggie i will take a look for some videos for you i have some on my instagram page/profile i can post a link i think like trdreviews did.

keep on vapin!
greetz
Steffen-Dreamwood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe we can just change the thread title to "Dreamwood Vaporizers (Dobby/DLX/Punch)" for now? I mean they all do really work the same, though separate threads are nice, at least this one is still pretty short for now I guess...

Anyway I love that it's getting more active though! I have been tempted by the DLXes for a while now, the initial sale and code had me very close to buying a DLXpro with free DLXone, but I guess not really needing them won out... The Punch (and another too?) also caught my eye as fun Lily variations, same small bowl with different styles. I guess the plain DLX is really appealing with the low profile easy bubbler use, but the pro's bowl may be better? Hmmmm

Oh also all the wood work is beautiful, really dig the variety and also always drawn to purpleheart (finally getting that in a Milaana some time soon), though they all look so nice! Some day I hope to add some to my collection for sure

little maggie

Maybe we can just change the thread title to "Dreamwood Vaporizers (Dobby/DLX/Punch)" for now? I mean they all do really work the same, though separate threads are nice, at least this one is still pretty short for now I guess...

Anyway I love that it's getting more active though! I have been tempted by the DLXes for a while now, the initial sale and code had me very close to buying a DLXpro with free DLXone, but I guess not really needing them won out... The Punch (and another too?) also caught my eye as fun Lily variations, same small bowl with different styles. I guess the plain DLX is really appealing with the low profile easy bubbler use, but the pro's bowl may be better? Hmmmm

Oh also all the wood work is beautiful, really dig the variety and also always drawn to purpleheart (finally getting that in a Milaana some time soon), though they all look so nice! Some day I hope to add some to my collection for sure
How did I miss the sale? It's hard to stay on top of everything here.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So I did a bowl last night and had much better results not putting it in the basket screen. I suck at estimating amounts but to me I did a small/medium amount torn into chunks. I fully extracted in about 4 hits with great flavor, though it's still pretty woody (I don't mind). I'm still figuring out the flame and inhale speed, I could probably extract with less hits. I stirred between every hit and eventually left the basket screen off. After the 4th one the abv was all pretty evenly light brown with a little green. I felt like I'd been taking it pretty easy and wanted to see how far I could push it, I then immediately combusted the fuck out of it. Too high a flame with too slow of a draw on flower that was probably already vaped, totally my own fault. On the plus side I can show you how I cleaned it @little maggie. Immediately threw the 2 glass pieces and 2 screens in a little bag of iso and it's all good again. The wooden heat intake part didn't absorb any smell.

My only negative about it so far is the loose bottom screen making loading and stirring a little annoying, but like @Dreamwood said that shouldn't be loose so I'll readjust it before I try again. Overall I'm really liking it so far, I definitely need to try it some more though. I *think* it makes a sound when you hit the sweet spot like it does for sticky bricks and triihouse stuff, sort of a cross between the daisy/og whistle and lily/jr jet engine noise. Not sure if that last sentence will make sense to anyone...

Here's loading and cleaning pics (sorry if it's too many):
IMG_20170707_002824.jpg

IMG_20170706_173229.jpg

IMG_20170706_173238.jpg

IMG_20170706_173304.jpg
IMG_20170706_173336.jpg

IMG_20170707_083943.jpg

If I can't get the screen to sit still for me in the glass that came with the dlx one I might try this one:
IMG_20170706_173903.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the double post, too late to edit.

I have good news and bad news.

Good news is my DLX Pro has arrived! I'm at work and my wife said it just arrived, I'm super excited.

Bad news is she sent me a picture of the box:
4377920163569903339-account_id_1.jpg

I'm sure the wood is fine and I would think the intake and glass adapter would survive this so I'm not too worried... please be safe little guy.

On a more positive note just for fun I tried flipping the glass on the DLX One so the basket screen was on the bottom and it worked pretty well. Had to use a bigger/hotter flame and the wood got hot and affected the taste more, but it definitely worked. So I put the 14mm end with the 18mm adapter into the wood and the 18mm side with the basket screen into the glass. I keep forgetting to take abv pics. To stir I just shook it around.
IMG_20170713_183033_1.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the triple post, can't edit. I feel like I'm spamming this thread...

Wow the box was beat the fuck up, half of it was soft and puffy from water damage. Luckily it was packed very well and there was literally no damage to the bubble-wrapped box inside. Nice job sending it bomb proof @Dreamwood, or maybe it was your brother. Either way it came safe and I'm especially happy the inside box wasn't wet leaving my wooden vape soggy for who knows how long.

I ran 3 bowls through it and I have to say I really like it. I get less wood taste from this than I do the dlx one. Like posters were thinking it hits a lot like a Daisy/SBJ. I charred my first go once or twice, I just had the flame too high though. Also didn't follow the advice I've seen @Vapor_Eyes give a lot which is to start inhaling much faster once you see vapor. That really helps prevent any charring\combustion. The other 2 bowls had pretty good abv, light to dark brown depending on how far I took it. I took pics but I didn't post them. I don't feel like the pics show the color well enough, it always looks too green or black compared to the abv I'm taking a pic of. Stirring can be a little messy since it just falls right out, the water is getting a little dirtier. I'd rather change the water than clean some of that out of the vape though so I don't mind. This should be easy to clean too. Iso soak the screen and glass, scrape any resin/flower in the tiny airpath out, and done.

It also came with a lot of great accessories. Picks, wax, extra screens/0-rings, a torch, straight heat intake, and glass screens for concentrates. I actually like the look of the torch, it's a good hand-sized one.

My only small negatives are the metal ring that comes out of the heat intake block is a little loose, I have to spin it to find the right spot for it to stick. Also the 2 pieces don't connect in any way (ie magnets) so it comes apart easily. To me that isn't much of an issue though since I'd always use it with glass and I'd pack them together. I don't think I'd ever want to load it up to put in my pocket and take somewhere or anything like that. *Maybe* someone might do that with a j-hook?

Actually that reminds me I want to try this with a j-hook... I also still need to try the glass screens and straight heat intake stem with concentrates.

IMG_20170714_172217.jpg

IMG_20170715_081757.jpg
IMG_20170715_085720.jpg

IMG_20170715_082334.jpg

IMG_20170715_085914.jpg

IMG_20170715_085931.jpg
IMG_20170715_085943.jpg
IMG_20170715_090006.jpg

I tried it with the longer DLX One heat intake on top of the DLX Pro bowl base because why not:
IMG_20170715_084701.jpg

Cl4ud3

Following them on IG, they post a tremendous amount of videos and pictures of some truly stunning examples of their work. They seem to do a lot of custom work too, definitely going to have to get something made in the future :)

little maggie

How did stacking work for you? And does the dog help with this? Mine won't sleep with me when I vape before bed.
I'm really tempted to just get one of each but want to wait until you've had more experience. I may send my daisy and lily on if I really like them. I don't have a water adapter for either so I rarely use them.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
How did stacking work for you? And does the dog help with this? Mine won't sleep with me when I vape before bed.
I'm really tempted to just get one of each but want to wait until you've had more experience. I may send my daisy and lily on if I really like them. I don't have a water adapter for either so I rarely use them.
Ha ha, my dog (Dingo) inspected the box and products for damage, he was impressed. He also now wants to go to Germany.

For me right now the main differences are with loading it, stirring, and cleaning. I think the taste and use for each are pretty similar. Though I think the wood my DLX One is made out of influences the taste a bit more than the wood on my DLX Pro, for right now anyways.

Stacking actually worked fine, the heat intake was a little longer so I turned the flame up a bit. The only problem with the DLX One heat intake is it doesn't have that little metal ring for it to fit into the base of the DLX Pro so it could just slide right off the bowl base. You can see it coming out of the top intake block on DLX Pro (on the left).
IMG_20170715_081944.jpg

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
Hey guys!

@StormyPinkness

I'm happy the pack did make it. Yes my brother packed it, good work if you read this lol!

But wtf did they do with the pack that it took so long and is damaged?!?

DLXOne:
i'm sorry the screen did not hold in the right place...sometimes this is a issue with this adapters because not all are formed 100% the same. But instead of flipping it around you should try this out:

NPFoVTa.jpg

take the screen and bend it like this to a dome screen, then take a toothpick or something that does not crack the glass and slide the screen/sieve in the 14mm groundglass side till it looks like this:

YSnNLle.jpg

i hope this works better for you...i need to order dome screens and include them with the DLXOne i have in stock. Dont know if i will build them again, the improved version DLXPro is much better and more user friendly.

DLXPro:
the heat diffusor is conected "loose" so you can take off the part easily between draws and check your herbs. The stainless steel ring is slightly oval and should hold in place if you turn it slightly while conecting.
With use the part will fit better because of a little bit resin building up there.
We orderd some 1mm magnets to try out to get a better conection.

Thanks for the nice pics so everybody gets a clue what we are talking about ;)
And thanks at all who follow and take part here and at instagram.

I did a lot of custom work the last weeks...for the ones not at ig here are some pics:

Dobby special oak
FMAHqhY.jpg

Punch "hightower" red mallee prototype
ivxOXFP.jpg

nqDWTkK.jpg

DLX Vapopipe palisander & pearlwood
iawkSsM.jpg

DLXVapopipe red mallee and black ebony
VkcLMCn.jpg

Punch palisander (rosewood)
ihawVM3.jpg

Dobby supreme x-cut african black ebony
0pQuljf.jpg

DLX Pro and Vapopipe combination maple, olive, ebony
LRNUXTQ.jpg

ZfzXiG1.jpg

Dipit-concentrate dip stick red mallee
Wn2SxHO.jpg

Punch palisander extended mouthpiece
8bcI8oy.jpg

greetings
Steffen
Dreamwood

take care share the love and vape on

Hagbard

congrats to the movement in the "real" thread :tup:

love you guys! the hightower looks so stunning! unfortunately i am broke af :\

everybody who visits this thread: BUY THESE BEAUTIES! they are totally worth every penny:love::leaf:

almost there

U can hit me with a pm if that happens, would love to add them to my collection:nod:

Top Bottom