Dreamwood Dobby Vaporizer

coolbreeze

Thx, man! :D ... I'm pretty sure I will! :nod: but I'm going to report back, of course, when it arrived. Next monday is a holyday here, therefore it may not arrive until the end of the week...or even the week after that one :shrug:
Hope it avoids Frankfurt (sort of a customs black hole) and gets to you quickly. I think the Dreamwoods are pretty consistent and easy to use; you'll probably enjoy it right out of the box.

Can't wait to see it in real life!

Bet it's even nicer than you expect! ; )

coolbreeze,
Reactions: endof3d

DocNicksche

Hope it avoids Frankfurt (sort of a customs black hole) and gets to you quickly.
... since I'm located in Austria, customs should be no issue. They only f**k around, when I'm ordering something from outside EU. Then they hold it every time and I have to pay import + service fees 🀬 ...but Germany usually is no problem.
... anyway... I'm a patient Guy πŸ˜‰ unless it takes over 4 months like with my anvil

coolbreeze

... since I'm located in Austria, customs should be no issue. They only f**k around, when I'm ordering something from outside EU. Then they hold it every time and I have to pay import + service fees 🀬 ...but Germany usually is no problem.
... anyway... I'm a patient Guy πŸ˜‰ unless it takes over 4 months like with my anvil
Awesome! Sounds like it'll be there in no time--they could walk it over to you! ; )

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

DocNicksche

Damn! I was so hoping it would make it in time for the weekend :rolleyes:
...what the heck! Now I got something to look forward coming home from work on monday :D
...and with a bit of luck, the vapopipe I bought 2nd hand will arrive too from spain :nod::clap:

Edit: walking it over to me would have been quicker! πŸ˜‚ ...austrian post won't deliver on saturdays!

Have a nice weekend fellow FC members! ✌️

DocNicksche

Just came home from work and both packages were waiting for me :D
Mondayblues was blown away instantly!

As soon as I figured out again how to post pics I will show that Beauty! :love:

Love how the dobby is made! Real nice woodworking and a gorgeous pice of wenge wood! It has a nice size, actually smaller in real life, than expected. And it feels awesome in hand! Could imagine a special version with some "finger-grooves" 🀩
I didn't have the chance to give it a try yet, but I think I'm going to be very happy with it :nod:

Thanks @Dreamwood for this beautiful piece! Pics will follows!

coolbreeze

Just came home from work and both packages were waiting for me :D
Mondayblues was blown away instantly!

As soon as I figured out again how to post pics I will show that Beauty! :love:

Love how the dobby is made! Real nice woodworking and a gorgeous pice of wenge wood! It has a nice size, actually smaller in real life, than expected. And it feels awesome in hand! Could imagine a special version with some "finger-grooves" 🀩
I didn't have the chance to give it a try yet, but I think I'm going to be very happy with it :nod:

Thanks @Dreamwood for this beautiful piece! Pics will follows!
Congrats, can't wait to see the pics--bet you're gonna enjoy it!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

DocNicksche

It is kind of a ritual to me, that I try a new vape in the morning and sober, to really get a un-tainted first impression of it. Therefore, I had to wait until now to give them here πŸ˜‰

First, I have to repeat, that I love how the dobby feels in the hand and how the wood has it's own smell (or maybe it's the wax or polish they seem to use to finish the surfaces off).

I packed a nice little bowl, not half full, but a bit less. Used the original glass stem it comes with and gave it a try... First thing I realized is, that you seem to have to aim the jet flame more direct into the heat intake, than compared to a sticky brick runt ( sorry, if this is not wanted here, but it's the only comparison I can make πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ). And it seems way more forgiving too... I'm pretty sure if I would aim the torch, like I did with the dobby, with the runt, I would combust.
It will surely take some time for me to dial it in, but first impressions are totally positive πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Love these wooden vapes! 🀩

One thing, I have to say, I could taste the wood pretty good during this first bowl...but I guess this will get lost with time and use. I wouldn't say it was a bad taste. It was there, for sure...but not unpleasant. Actually it had a bit of a fruity taste to it, combined with a bit of a sharp woody taste ... If that makes any sense πŸ˜…

The dobby will have his place in my rotation for sure! Definitely a candidate for my all-time-favourite-vapes-list πŸ˜‰βœŒοΈ

coolbreeze

It is kind of a ritual to me, that I try a new vape in the morning and sober, to really get a un-tainted first impression of it. Therefore, I had to wait until now to give them here πŸ˜‰

First, I have to repeat, that I love how the dobby feels in the hand and how the wood has it's own smell (or maybe it's the wax or polish they seem to use to finish the surfaces off).

I packed a nice little bowl, not half full, but a bit less. Used the original glass stem it comes with and gave it a try... First thing I realized is, that you seem to have to aim the jet flame more direct into the heat intake, than compared to a sticky brick runt ( sorry, if this is not wanted here, but it's the only comparison I can make πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ). And it seems way more forgiving too... I'm pretty sure if I would aim the torch, like I did with the dobby, with the runt, I would combust.
It will surely take some time for me to dial it in, but first impressions are totally positive πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

One thing, I have to say, I could taste the wood pretty good during this first bowl...but I guess this will get lost with time and use. I wouldn't say it was a bad taste. It was there, for sure...but not unpleasant. Actually it had a bit of a fruity taste to it, combined with a bit of a sharp woody taste ... If that makes any sense πŸ˜…

The dobby will have his place in my rotation for sure! Definitely a candidate for my all-time-favourite-vapes-list πŸ˜‰βœŒοΈ
Glad you're enjoying it, these really are fantastic devices. They deserve consideration if you're looking for a brick: not only is the woodworking done to perfection but as you've mentioned, they're dead easy to use. You've inspired me to join you! Cheers!
IMG-4725.jpg

DocNicksche

@coolbreeze: is this the "switch" with the "turbointake"? How do you use that intake? Do you heat the sides for a certain amount of time, or directly through the top (is that even possible)?

Btw, the vapopipe vapes very nicely too! πŸ‘ Somehow it seems the vape I get is a bit hotter than the dobby (wonder why, since the dimensions seem very comparable πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ).
I like the classic pipe form factor!

I'm glad I got both! 😁

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze: is this the "switch" with the "turbointake"? How do you use that intake? Do you heat the sides for a certain amount of time, or directly through the top (is that even possible)?

Btw, the vapopipe vapes very nicely too! πŸ‘ Somehow it seems the vape I get is a bit hotter than the dobby (wonder why, since the dimensions seem very comparable πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ).
I like the classic pipe form factor!

I'm glad I got both! 😁
Directly through the top. The pinches are there to diffuse and turbulate the heat, to 'slow down' the straight intake, kind of like a restrictor disc. It works very well, and in fact a couple other makers in Germany and Poland have adopted very similar ones. I like it better than the restrictor.

That's interesting about the pipe; does it approach uncomfortable or just enough to notice? That is a cool little device, for sure!

DocNicksche

That's interesting about the pipe; does it approach uncomfortable or just enough to notice? That is a cool little device, for sure!
No, not uncomfortable, but still noticeable πŸ˜‰ it's alright though. I think this is going to be my favourite on-the-go device... 100% convection and very pocketable πŸ‘

Gonna have to try the dimpled glass stem I ordered with my dobby...see if that makes a big enough difference.
But, in the end, it could still be a user-related thing and next time I hit it it will be totally fine πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ who knows? I'm still not the most experienced guy with that kind of vapes.

coolbreeze

No, not uncomfortable, but still noticeable πŸ˜‰ it's alright though. I think this is going to be my favourite on-the-go device... 100% convection and very pocketable πŸ‘

Gonna have to try the dimpled glass stem I ordered with my dobby...see if that makes a big enough difference.
But, in the end, it could still be a user-related thing and next time I hit it it will be totally fine πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ who knows? I'm still not the most experienced guy with that kind of vapes.
Hopefully the dimples help. That does look like a really convenient pocket vape.

Dutch-Mic

I have the Dobby V1 in walnut. The woody taste will fade away eventually, a good reason to use it more often!

Enjoy the Dobby 😊.

DocNicksche

I have the Dobby V1 in walnut. The woody taste will fade away eventually, a good reason to use it more often!

Enjoy the Dobby 😊.
...walnut is always one of the woods I'm considering for it's beauty πŸ‘

I would say the second bowl was already with a less prominent wood taste πŸ˜‰

...and I most definitely do enjoy my dobby! Lovely piece!

Cheers! ✌️

DocNicksche

Hopefully the dimples help. That does look like a really convenient pocket vape.
After some weeks of use and just getting used to/accepting the vapopipe being a little hotter than the dobby, I cleaned it and replaced the screen in the bowl with another one. Not as fine as the original, but the same I have in my dobby... And that's what made the difference ! :tup::clap:
It never came to my mind, that this could make such a significant difference!
Much better now! 😁

Top Bottom