Dreamwood Dobby Vaporizer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice write up @Hagbard ! I'm testing myself a beta unit from another company but very similar in form&function to the DLXOne, works like a treat!
I am really diggin the looks of te DLXone,i have DIY-ed myself something something like DLXpro few weeks ago for my DIY test tube,but it looks like Quasimodo compared to the level of craftsmanship of the Dreamwood vapes :nod:! All that exotic wood looks heavenly ,i am inlove with wooden vapes since the moment i saw my first logvape !
The only thing i am not diggin about it is that u inhale the jet steam.I have used similar method with a vapocane ,and i find it impacts the taste compared to the indirect method.I know butane is supposed to burns clean when it is combusted but does it actually combust at 100%,i dont have trust in most of the cheap torches to do that job,are there any models recommended to use with that kind of vapes ? Do you inhale the visible flame directly into the tube or r u try to suck the hot steam created infront ?(invisible part)

Hagbard

I am really diggin the looks of te DLXone,i have DIY-ed myself something something like DLXpro few weeks ago for my DIY test tube,but it looks like Quasimodo compared to the level of craftsmanship of the Dreamwood vapes :nod:! All that exotic wood looks heavenly ,i am inlove with wooden vapes since the moment i saw my first logvape !
The only thing i am not diggin about it is that u inhale the jet steam.I have used similar method with a vapocane ,and i find it impacts the taste compared to the indirect method.I know butane is supposed to burns clean when it is combusted but does it actually combust at 100%,i dont have trust in most of the cheap torches to do that job,are there any models recommended to use with that kind of vapes ? Do you inhale the visible flame directly into the tube or r u try to suck the hot steam created infront ?(invisible part)

thank you @PPN :cheers:

@Abysmal Vapor they are really beautiful! i highly recommend buying one if you are interested. maybe there will be another discount code if you ask the boys but on the other hand their vapes are not that expensive :)

i had the same problem but the real important thing is the butane you are using. i highly recommend using one with "Zero Impurities" so no other stuff will be combusted. and a cheap lighter can do a better job cause the turbines in the lighter won't get dirty and stop working. when it comes to the flame you are only using the hot air stream to convect the material. the taste is pretty awesome cause the wood and pure flavour have not given me any negative side aroma. i like conduction a little bit more cause i like the flavour a lot and the vapor is not that harsh. but these vapes are very very effective and easy to use.

the DLXpro is a very good solution to use on glass cause u will be able to filter any possible side affects of the butane that could maybe be left and it gives u a nice flavour filter as well :nod:

thanks for your nice requests and if you buy one - have fun and let me know how you like it and what specifications u are using it with (flame length, torch lighter and spped of inhaling i.e.)

cheers :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

There are some with direct torch heat where you don't stick the torch in only across and around like with Noochie, but I find that a bit trickier to use than direct flame in like with the Bricks. I can be sensitive to taste and these offer some of the purest flavors from the herb I have ever experienced, so I think the cheap torches can be fine with good quality butane as mentioned below. I also don't really like the VapCap and Lotus method of heating metal as much, a little trickier for me and more tedious personally

thank you @PPN

@Abysmal Vapor they are really beautiful! i highly recommend buying one if you are interested. maybe there will be another discount code if you ask the boys but on the other hand their vapes are not that expensive :)

i had the same problem but the real important thing is the butane you are using. i highly recommend using one with "Zero Impurities" so no other stuff will be combusted. and a cheap lighter can do a better job cause the turbines in the lighter won't get dirty and stop working. when it comes to the flame you are only using the hot air stream to convect the material. the taste is pretty awesome cause the wood and pure flavour have not given me any negative side aroma. i like conduction a little bit more cause i like the flavour a lot and the vapor is not that harsh. but these vapes are very very effective and easy to use.

the DLXpro is a very good solution to use on glass cause u will be able to filter any possible side affects of the butane that could maybe be left and it gives u a nice flavour filter as well :nod:

thanks for your nice requests and if you buy one - have fun and let me know how you like it and what specifications u are using it with (flame length, torch lighter and spped of inhaling i.e.)

cheers :tup:

Welcome and nice write up! At the beginning of your story I was like oh he's gonna be next level once he tries the dreamwood and I was not wrong! lol

If you're looking for more user experiences I'd check out the Lily thread if you haven't already, lot of great stuff there since it's been around longer though it's not around anymore...

Hagbard

thanks a ton @Shit Snacks (nice name btw ;))

you were definitely not wrong :lol:

thank you i will look a bit into the Lily thread but unfortunately if it is not available anymore i will get jealous and search for it the whole damn inet :ko:

i am a huge fan of the dynavaps and love to see what people are handcrafting themselves and what beautiful ideas are coming up!

furthermore the dreamwood vapes are awesome and i love to get kicked into the cushions by them :tup:

thanks again folks :love:

little maggie

thanks a ton @Shit Snacks (nice name btw ;))

you were definitely not wrong :lol:

thank you i will look a bit into the Lily thread but unfortunately if it is not available anymore i will get jealous and search for it the whole damn inet :ko:

i am a huge fan of the dynavaps and love to see what people are handcrafting themselves and what beautiful ideas are coming up!

furthermore the dreamwood vapes are awesome and i love to get kicked into the cushions by them :tup:

thanks again folks :love:
I think that the dreamwood is as close to the lily as you can get. So if you get jealous about the lily there's no problem. You can get a lily like vape with a more attractive (to me) shape. I haven't looked closely at the dreamwood other than to admire their appearance because I have lilys and a daisy. But if they make something like the daisy which is a somewhat larger lily that would be great too. Stickybricks makes an updated Daisy.

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
hey guys sorry for the delay i'm on holiday.

first off i have to thank you @Hagbard for your honest and wonderful review. You stand to your word.
Very nice pictures and i really like your Dobby small special...honestly a very beatiful one.
I hope you have a great time with my vapes and wish you all the best for you and your family.

@StormyPinkness please write my brother at greendream.shop a message, i tell him to do.

@Abysmal Vapor
thanks
i love to work with wood every piece of wood is different and has a story to tell. nature is just beautiful.

you should always use butane with near zero impurities! i have tested differnt standart lighter gas and they all have a taste!
if you use a waterfilter like hagbeard suggested it should be better if you are worried about it. But if you life in a city with traffic and industry or work for example at a paint, wood or metal-workshop you inhale a lot more shit than a little bit burned butane or sitting at a camping fire you also inhale far more shit if the wind changes lol but everyone needs to decide for himself if its ok for him ir not.

thank you all guys for your participation in this thread.

stay safe and vapin

greetings Steffen

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Just ordered a DLX PRO. I got olive tree, but I was super tempted by the olive tree body and black ebony top two tone one. I really like how simple these are, can't wait to try it. It's so tough resisting that purpleheart wood dobby...

I'll post some pics and my opinion once it get's here.

little maggie

Just curious- the punch looks like it could be a version of the daisy. It's bigger than the other dobby vapes.
I can't quite tell the difference between the DLX and DLX pro other than wood. I swore off any more butane vapes but I'm tempted by these bubbler versions.

I really appreciate that the dobby makers offered to make an adapter to the lily. There's something about the customer service and values of this company that I really respect.

Anyway, could someone post some videos.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Just curious- the punch looks like it could be a version of the daisy. It's bigger than the other dobby vapes.
I can't quite tell the difference between the DLX and DLX pro other than wood. I swore off any more butane vapes but I'm tempted by these bubbler versions.

I really appreciate that the dobby makers offered to make an adapter to the lily. There's something about the customer service and values of this company that I really respect.

Anyway, could someone post some videos.
The difference to me was the pro is a 2 piece vape. So you're right actually, more wood.

I've never done a video on here, but I'll see what I can do when I get it. It's shipping from a long ways away though, I'm guessing it will be awhile.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm interested in getting a DLX or DLX Pro.
Is shipping to the US really $40 @Dreamwood ?
That almost made me reconsider my order, my dlx pro came out to $118. The cart is a little weird where it makes it seem like it will cost more because of a VAT charge (for me $18), but then the item price get's adjusted lower by the same amount in checkout.

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
hi guys and girls!

@little maggie yes the Punch is our version of the Daisy but has two parts like the Dobby...the size is not fix yet...the one in the shop is a unikate and the next i did cut a little smaller/lower.
the punch till now is a request custom vape...i build some for sale now but from special woods...limited edition, kingwood, rosewood and zebrano. just a few of each.

The difference between the DLXOne and DLXPro is the bowl part. The DLXOne has a glass bowl and the DLXPro has a wood bowl.DLXOne is made of one part wood. DLXPro is made of two parts of wood.

@duff
I'm sorry for the shipping price to the US but its the price we have to pay to DHL to send the packages safe and with tracking.
I will take a look at this later maybe there is a cheaper option or you need to wait till a US reseller has our products in stock ~end of the year.

@TRDreviews thanks for posting the video! very appreciated my friend! keep it on with this nice videos.

@StormyPinkness
I'm eagerly waiting for your review. I hope you like it. My bro was a little bit fast sending your order, (i was on holiday with my wife and daughter)...if you like i send you a DLXOne too, so you can compare them...

have great time folks

greetz Steffen

Last edited:

Waldorulez

This Vape is a collector item different wood to pick is nice I like my Lilly if I lost it I'd get one I dnt use it are you all gonna make a waldo cuz it be nice with the color mouth piece I dnt think there's a flame Vape that hits as hard as my waldo it was cheap to I've seen alote a Vape videos but waldo beats them

This Vape is a collector item different wood to pick is nice I like my Lilly if I lost it I'd get one I dnt use it are you all gonna make a waldo cuz it be nice with the color mouth piece I dnt think there's a flame Vape that hits as hard as my waldo it was cheap to I've seen alote a Vape videos but waldo beats them
Any chance of some punctuation there? Hard to follow.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: The Beagle

little maggie

I am so tempted. Just waiting to see a video of one of the DLX's. I can't tell from the pictures how they work. I have a lily and the other vape looks identical in function so I get that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am so tempted. Just waiting to see a video of one of the DLX's. I can't tell from the pictures how they work. I have a lily and the other vape looks identical in function so I get that.

They will work the same, point flame in the intake that is just like Lily, inhale (without carb hole?) through bubbler, bowl should be same Lily size below the intake (the pro you can also use dry wotj bowl sideways it seems)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm expecting it to hit a lot like the lily hooked up to water. The intake might be a little closer to the bowl, but otherwise I'm thinking it will be the same. We'll see though, I really like how simple it is.

I'm curious how the bowl works in the longer sideways connecting horizon one. I wonder how the performance is with the heat coming in sideways at the bowl.

Edit: Actually a 45 degree angled mp would let you hit it like a j-hook/saxophone vertically with the bowl straight down. I wonder if it'd be too hard to torch into the intake from that angle, maybe less than 45 would be better.

Horizon_Vape_m.png

LOgoIMG_5627.JPG

Last edited:

sixstringsmash

This looks like a very nice butane powered vape! It's also very refreshing to see the company directly involved with this forum. It adds a nice touch to the level of customer service and I appreciate you guys doing this.

@Dreamwood I did have a question to ask regarding exotic woods. I saw you have a few very nice looking pieces on your website but figured I would have to ask this. Do you think your company might at any time in the future consider taking custom orders where we would be able to send in our own wood blanks and have them turned into dreamwoods? Just a food for thought thought.

duff

Well worn
Are there more pictures of the DLX One somewhere @Dreamwood?
I can only find the one pic on the website and would love to see it from all angles.

duff,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@StormyPinkness
I'm eagerly waiting for your review. I hope you like it. My bro was a little bit fast sending your order, (i was on holiday with my wife and daughter)...if you like i send you a DLXOne too, so you can compare them...

Totally missed this until you pm'ed me, that's incredibly generous of you. I'll feel bad that you're paying a $40 shipping fee to send it to me so it's up to you. If you do I'll be more than happy to post a review and pictures of whatever you send me. I'm not really a video guy, but I'll probably try to do one and see how it turns out. That's really nice of you, thanks.

Package hasn't come yet, hopefully soon.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the double post, way too late to edit.

Got a dlx one in the mail, haven't had a change to use it yet. @Dreamwood I see a screen at the bottom of the glass in addition to the basket screen on top. Do I just fill the basket screen or do I put it in the glass and cap it off with the basket screen?

Also I love the wood, what kind is it?

IMG_20170704_172222.jpg

IMG_20170704_172443.jpg

IMG_20170704_172459.jpg

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
hello vapers and combustion fuckers!

@duff
you already done it but for the others: have a look at my instagram profile there are pics and in my story i post also vape and manufacturing pics and videos!

@StormyPinkness

Awesome that you took some pics!
The wood is karellian grain birch, very nice looking and smelling wood.
You can use the screen like you want! I use the screen in the glass adapter for flowers (lower temp/heat spreads more) and the dome screen for resinpowder/kif (higher temp/smaller surface/higher position).
If you fill the basket screen with flowers, its easy to burn but also easy to avoid: inhale faster/use smaller flame! This way its a great one hitter vape.

greetings
Steffen
Dreamwood

think we need a new thread for the DLX series...

Top Bottom