• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dotLeaf

deldrice

Hey everyone, fairly new to the dotleaf after just a few days of use and I'm loving it so far.

Just wondering if the chamber is supposed to not quite be aligned with the hole in the top for the drip tip? Electrical contacts on the chamber seem to fit correctly and it won't really have an effect on the device's function, but it just seems odd to have it offset by a few millimeters.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find that they MUST wait for a device to cool down before taking out oven to either swap or refill same oven? If I don’t wait and throw in new oven it practically overheats and combusts every time. Anyone else? Rarely detects the new oven if warm.

Hey everyone, fairly new to the dotleaf after just a few days of use and I'm loving it so far.

Just wondering if the chamber is supposed to not quite be aligned with the hole in the top for the drip tip? Electrical contacts on the chamber seem to fit correctly and it won't really have an effect on the device's function, but it just seems odd to have it offset by a few millimeters.
It is in fact regular that the chamber doesn’t align perfectly with the hole in the drip tip.

deldrice

From my understanding, the chamber needs to be cool when you start a new cycle or the temperature sensing is thrown off. I've had good luck just shutting the device down after a session and restarting it entirely for the next, but I'm guessing it has cooled enough in that time. It seems like the device sets the chamber at "room temp" whenever it is powered on, and if it is higher than room temp from a previous session it will start from that temperature and go up.

Last edited:
I have the issue when throwing in a new chamber as well. The device never seems to detect I put in a new chamber that IS at an ambient temp and overheats or under heats almost every time.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Hey so no idea if this is useful or not with the combusters. I have not had a combustion with my v2, with either the first tank or came with or the tan one they sent as an update. But I've had it a few times where on my warmup cycle where it takes suspiciously long and I get worried it'll combust if it continues. If that happens I turn it off and on again and restart the heating. It'll usually buzz within a couple of seconds and I'm good to go. May be just me fooling myself though.

Hey so no idea if this is useful or not with the combusters. I have not had a combustion with my v2, with either the first tank or came with or the tan one they sent as an update. But I've had it a few times where on my warmup cycle where it takes suspiciously long and I get worried it'll combust if it continues. If that happens I turn it off and on again and restart the heating. It'll usually buzz within a couple of seconds and I'm good to go. May be just me fooling myself though.
That’ll happen to me too! However when I try to catch it and turn it off/on it still repeats the same process unless I wait for device and oven to fully cool down. ;(

Graydoa

hey everyone. I just got back my now v1.5 dotleaf after a few weeks away for upgrading. I found I missed it a lot while it was gone but I am not as much of a fan of the v1.5 as I was for v1.0. So far in two different ovens and two different batteries I’ve had this occur. I put in a fresh oven, in a cool unit and twice in three days it doesn’t vibrate and doesn’t stop heating up. First I was in passenger seat had it in my hand so I could feel it vibrate. After a few minutes I noticed it didn’t vibrate. Took a hit. Complete combustion. Next day almost the same occurrence. Anyone have this happen to them?
also once combusting should I just rinse off the oven with iso?

StillBiggerThanYou

I second those comments entirely. The honeymoon is long over for me, and yet I still think it's one of the best vapes on the market for my needs. Six months in and it's still supplanting my other vapes.

Vapor is good, heatup is rapid, flavor is good (for conduction), it's easy to clean the entire airpath, battery life is massive, and it's very small and nice to hold.

Great aftermarket, too.
hmm.... might just order one.

any suggestions on where i can look for the aftermarket bits?

thanks!

edit: unrelated, how does it compare to an ArGo? does anyone here have firsthand experience with both?

StillBiggerThanYou,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Graydoa

Yup that’s normal

hmm.... might just order one.

any suggestions on where i can look for the aftermarket bits?

thanks!

edit: unrelated, how does it compare to an ArGo? does anyone here have firsthand experience with both?
Love sneaky Pete’s dagger on top of the dot mod. Fucking perfect imo. Tried throwing it on a zong and straight beaker. So far the daggers been best experience.

Rekreation,
Reactions: BigJr48

BeeSawd

My device has been getting REALLY hot, like, it's always been hot but the last sesh it was so hot it was almost too hot to touch. Scares me with the 18650 sitting right there.

My device has been getting REALLY hot, like, it's always been hot but the last sesh it was so hot it was almost too hot to touch. Scares me with the 18650 sitting right there.
Eesh. Definitely shouldn’t be getting hot to touch man no nicotine vape I’ve ever had did that unless something was wrong. What do you think could’ve caused this? What batts were you using? Were you combusting as well?

west-elec

Yeah mine is doing this as well. You know a combustion is coming because it takes so long for the lights to go blue and then finally buzz.
This is definitely a fault and everyone having this issue (ANY combustion issue) should email and notify a warranty claim Asap. Remember only 3 months warranty period, so you can't afford to keep waiting hoping it will 'come good'.
Has anyone ever had the purple lights come on at any time? Mine never has.
I hope no one accepts waiting for it to cool down before being able to reload it again. That is also a complete failure and qualifies as DOA in my mind.
In one of my communications with Alex a combustion was blamed likely on changing battery mid session. But that is also a product failure, yes it has replaceable batteries but don't try to do it mid session.
Alex has been responsive and quick to offer a return label and replacement unit but are they going to send me anything different? Last time every unit needed a chip upgrade to stop combustion events, are these faulty individual units or a faulty product?

Yeah mine is doing this as well. You know a combustion is coming because it takes so long for the lights to go blue and then finally buzz.
This is definitely a fault and everyone having this issue (ANY combustion issue) should email and notify a warranty claim Asap. Remember only 3 months warranty period, so you can't afford to keep waiting hoping it will 'come good'.
Has anyone ever had the purple lights come on at any time? Mine never has.
I hope no one accepts waiting for it to cool down before being able to reload it again. That is also a complete failure and qualifies as DOA in my mind.
In one of my communications with Alex a combustion was blamed likely on changing battery mid session. But that is also a product failure, yes it has replaceable batteries but don't try to do it mid session.
Alex has been responsive and quick to offer a return label and replacement unit but are they going to send me anything different? Last time every unit needed a chip upgrade to stop combustion events, are these faulty individual units or a faulty product?
I’m going back and forth with the same issue with Alex right now. This is such a disappointing issue. Really hoping we can get somewhere with this or be offered a free upgrade if they decide to come out with a 2.0.

Severmore

I’m going back and forth with the same issue with Alex right now. This is such a disappointing issue. Really hoping we can get somewhere with this or be offered a free upgrade if they decide to come out with a 2.0.
Yikes! Y'all are already talking about version 2.0? I'm relieved I sold my v1.0 when I did, albeit at a sizable loss...grrr grumble grrr = )

Deecee

Yikes! Y'all are already talking about version 2.0? I'm relieved I sold my v1.0 when I did, albeit at a sizable loss...grrr grumble grrr = )
I'm relieved I bought your IQ2 cause my original dotleaf and 1.5 combust, I have shelved both and exclusively use the IQ2. I wish they would add a temp cutoff, the combusting would be a non issue if you could set a specific temp cutoff.

Like others I have been counting seconds in "one one thousandths" and whenever it happens its because It runs for too long. Normally it can heat up around 9 to 13 seconds if its 20 or more its def a combust.

I was told by alex yesterday that the team said a dirty connection or bad heating element could be causing the overheating oven issues.

I'm getting a new oven this weekend and I will clean the contact every time to see if this is the issue or if its still something else.

BeeSawd

Mine started doing this last night, still can't get it to heat up 😢
New oven fixed the issue for a total of 2 weeks, now the replacement's giving me the same 3 flashing white light error. This is after yesterday's morning starting with combustion in the dot. Super disappointing, hope they address the issues.

I'm relieved I bought your IQ2 cause my original dotleaf and 1.5 combust, I have shelved both and exclusively use the IQ2. I wish they would add a temp cutoff, the combusting would be a non issue if you could set a specific temp cutoff.

Like others I have been counting seconds in "one one thousandths" and whenever it happens its because It runs for too long. Normally it can heat up around 9 to 13 seconds if its 20 or more its def a combust.

I was told by alex yesterday that the team said a dirty connection or bad heating element could be causing the overheating oven issues.

I'm getting a new oven this weekend and I will clean the contact every time to see if this is the issue or if its still something else.
Cleaned the contacts on my brand new oven every day and it crapped out on my in 2 weeks, they can keep saying it's user error, but if everyone's having the same issues...

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist

Hello there.

I got dotleaf v1.5 for 2 days ago(Brand new, of course)
I am getting same issue. Slow heat up is overheating.
Battery is Sony VTC5A and 6. It happens sometimes.

Top Bottom