dotLeaf

maremaresing

I think it's hilarious that I'm somehow the only person who has gotten two flawless devices in a row. 1.0 and 1.5. Totally reliable and awesome. Just wish I know what was different in yalls situation. Maybe I'm just super blessed by the vape gods.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
There are plenty of folks out there that are happy and have had little to no issue with your units. Unfortunately it's the people who aren't happy that will typically be the loudest. I don't use mine all day and everyday. Maybe that is the issue?

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Using it too much is a issue?
😁
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out!?!

I won't mention any names but there was at least one very vocal critic that seemed to be Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde about his feelings for the DotLeaf. Complained a lot about combustion then I saw a picture of one of the ovens the other day and it was caked with disgusting ABV. It's clear the ovens were not being maintained. But is that causing the issue or is it a manufacturing defect? I am truly at a loss as I've always had good luck and a pleasant experience. Most of my customers have too. Especially since the v1.5 upgrade so I just really scratch my head as to what is going on with some of the others here.

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out!?!

I won't mention any names but there was at least one very vocal critic that seemed to be Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde about his feelings for the DotLeaf. Complained a lot about combustion then I saw a picture of one of the ovens the other day and it was caked with disgusting ABV. It's clear the ovens were not being maintained. But is that causing the issue or is it a manufacturing defect? I am truly at a loss as I've always had good luck and a pleasant experience. Most of my customers have too. Especially since the v1.5 upgrade so I just really scratch my head as to what is going on with some of the others here.
It seems to be the heavier users who have a lot of issues. Which is unfortunate considering how heavy hitting this device is. A lot of the issues come from the device being warm and trying to do back to back sessions with either the same oven or even a new one.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
It seems to be the heavier users who have a lot of issues. Which is unfortunate considering how heavy hitting this device is. A lot of the issues come from the device being warm and trying to do back to back sessions with either the same oven or even a new one.
Yeah that is a bummer. I have not had the issue on back to back ovens. Not even in the v1 but I did hear others. I thought they solved that with the v1.5.

BlazeDis

There are plenty of folks out there that are happy and have had little to no issue with your units. Unfortunately it's the people who aren't happy that will typically be the loudest. I don't use mine all day and everyday. Maybe that is the issue?
Why shouldn’t you be able to use all day everyday . Mine combusted on the regular and was cleaned after every session . It’s just crazy how so many have had combustion problems and so many have not . Luck of the draw maybe but I’m not into taking a gamble on £140 devices to be honest .

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Why shouldn’t you be able to use all day everyday . Mine combusted on the regular and was cleaned after every session . It’s just crazy how so many have had combustion problems and so many have not . Luck of the draw maybe but I’m not into taking a gamble on £140 devices to be honest .
I agree. It should not be an issue to use it over and over. Not sure why there seems to be such different experience out there.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I agree. It should not be an issue to use it over and over. Not sure why there seems to be such different experience out there.
Oh well ... im just gonna have to set my sites on a wish list 2021 Black Friday v2.0 purchase hoping that this time they'll straighten it all out ...

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Oh well ... im just gonna have to set my sites on a wish list 2021 Black Friday v2.0 purchase hoping that this time they'll straighten it all out ...
Just my opinion but I would not count on a 2.0 anytime soon. If I had to guess this is related to specific ovens and some people seem to be more unlucky than others. The people who have had issues with this unit are definitely vocal about it and I feel that also paints a more suspect picture. I know a number of friends/customers loving this thing but they are not necessarily ones to come to the forum's and talk about it. More time will tell but I think they are handling things pretty well and unfortunately some of the issues you see here are very common in the industry.

west-elec

Does anyone know why the good people at dotleaf would make the warranty only 90 days?
Dotmod are an e-cig company so I guess they used the 'standard 90 day' warranty that is normal in that industry. We dry herb people have gotten used to longer warranties, but you normally pay for that privilege in the price. Even a lifetime warranty doesn't guarantee against issues (am I right Grasshopper people?), and 90 days should be enough time for factory defects or real faults to manifest (hopefully). I assume if you are having issues, as long as your first communication with them about the issue is within 90 days, you are covered.

Roundbhoy

Dotmod are an e-cig company so I guess they used the 'standard 90 day' warranty that is normal in that industry. We dry herb people have gotten used to longer warranties, but you normally pay for that privilege in the price. Even a lifetime warranty doesn't guarantee against issues (am I right Grasshopper people?), and 90 days should be enough time for factory defects or real faults to manifest (hopefully). I assume if you are having issues, as long as your first communication with them about the issue is within 90 days, you are covered.

Dotmod offers a limited lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects. When it comes to dotleaf its only 90 days.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Does anyone know why the good people at dotleaf would make the warranty only 90 days?
I’m worrying about this short warranty.
I’m experiencing combustion issue, but if they couldn’t resolve about this issue within 90days. I will be out of luck I guess.

Btw, I sent an email to them, they responded me “your area is serviced by Asia team. “
I have to fill out again for warranty inquiries.

I have a bad feeling about this.

YuckMassF

Hello! I come to mix your wine guys.
I got a dotleaf 2 weeks ago, got some chamber not detected, fixed by not putting too much force on the chamber while putting it in place, it takes me 2-3 times to change a chamber usually, but always finishes by being detected.

2 overheating issues, one time with a clean chamber, put directly on temp 2 and didnt inhale when it vibrated, when i did the taste was bad. From this time i just inhale when it vibrates, no problem.

Another overheating occured one time on temp 1, seemed like it was temp 2-3. Isoed the connection and no problem.

This vape is not a reliable mighty, but a ecig turned into a dry herb vape, heavy hitting, stealthy, expensive, bad launch, but for me it is a good product.

I got 2 chambers in rotation and 2 18650 and no problem so far, i precise i follow dotleaf recommandations, so i turn on/off when changing batteries or new chamber. And let it cool down 2-3 minutes minimum before taking my chamber off the device.

For me there is probably problems with some units that combust alone. But also a lot of user error because this is not a mighty style vape, you dont complain when people in sticky brick thread combusts, so why complain here if you conbusted because of user error?

Have a nice day everyone!

west-elec

I got 2 chambers in rotation and 2 18650 and no problem so far, i precise i follow dotleaf recommandations, so i turn on/off when changing batteries or new chamber. And let it cool down 2-3 minutes minimum before taking my chamber off the device.

For me there is probably problems with some units that combust alone. But also a lot of user error because this is not a mighty style vape, you dont complain when people in sticky brick thread combusts, so why complain here if you conbusted because of user error?

Have a nice day everyone!
Sorry, but are you saying changing a battery or changing a chamber is user error?

Deecee

In my experience every unit ends up combusting at some point, I cant elaborate further until the 5th of this month.

Last edited:

YuckMassF

Sorry, but are you saying changing a battery or changing a chamber is user error?
No, Dotleaf recommends to turn on and off the device before changing the battery or the chamber. So if you do not turn off the device, and a problem occurs, it could be because of user error.

If you follow their instructions and a problem occurs, then the device is probably to blame.

Sticky brick doesn't have an oven incased in PBT or an 18650 right next to the oven, thermal issues are safety issues in this case.

Yup, dotleaf should never go full combustion if you respect the instructions.
I personally only had 2 overheating issues, that lead to black avb in the worst one, no full combustion. I was saying this only for the combustion caused by the user error, wich is not safe at all, but we can't blame Dotleaf for this, at least not more than you could blame sticky brick inc.

maremaresing

I've had some more time with this ridiculous combo and it's great. The chamber fills with billowing vapor on temp 3, and is secure enough that I can just pull on the dotleaf to move the piston and clear.

tlyZoxP.jpg

Kinda can't believe I got so lucky with the fit of the 18mm adapter. It fits flush, and all I needed to do was give it silicon band inside to create a friction fit!

2tNLpXn.jpg

I feel like there are an endless amount of attachments and parts I can use on the dotleaf. It never gets boring.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Just my opinion but I would not count on a 2.0 anytime soon. If I had to guess this is related to specific ovens and some people seem to be more unlucky than others. The people who have had issues with this unit are definitely vocal about it and I feel that also paints a more suspect picture. I know a number of friends/customers loving this thing but they are not necessarily ones to come to the forum's and talk about it. More time will tell but I think they are handling things pretty well and unfortunately some of the issues you see here are very common in the industry.

Thanks @VGOODIEZ ... you may be right about the whole thing ... I'll continue to monitor and maybe end up with a v1.5 DotLeaf later in the Fall ...

Can someone point me at the discord please? I've tried the link posted earlier in this thread but getting an "invalid invite" message.

AutomaticYoghurt,
Top Bottom