• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dotLeaf

Ipe17

I received mine. So far 10 bowls with no combustion issues. I only use level 2 and 3, havent tried 4 yet cause 3 is already enough for me. I pack the oven full and tamp it a bit.

I prefer on demand vapes, but I really like this little one and it does what I bought it for= quick and powerful sessions in 3 minutes with a device that could be an e-cig on the eyes of other people. I like it

jbm

I wanted to commend @dotleaf_Alex for dotLeaf's excellent customer service. I sent my 1.0 in to be upgraded. They turned it around in 2 days and I have the new inside panel, upgraded firmware, and they replaced my OG oven. All this for only the cost of shipping to them (they paid return shipping) and fast too. Excellent service. If you have a 1.0 I highly recommend you send it in.

purpletweed

Omg, the new inside panel, too? Can't wait. I contacted them last week and will be sending mine in next week (gotta show it to the friends I'm seeing on my birthday, first -- the four of us are finally fully vaccinated just in time).

By the way, if you email them you can buy the dotMod gold tip -- it's not on the website, but is $5 + shipping which they'll invoice you for. Looks quite smart.

BeeSawd

Omg, the new inside panel, too? Can't wait. I contacted them last week and will be sending mine in next week (gotta show it to the friends I'm seeing on my birthday, first -- the four of us are finally fully vaccinated just in time).

By the way, if you email them you can buy the dotMod gold tip -- it's not on the website, but is $5 + shipping which they'll invoice you for. Looks quite smart.
Does that drip tip get physically hot after use? (not harsh vapour but the mouthpiece is like hot to the touch)

purpletweed

Does that drip tip get physically hot after use? (not harsh vapour but the mouthpiece is like hot to the touch)
That mouthpiece does get warm, yeah. It's better for shorter pulls, which are what I take on the dL anyhow. However, I find that the natural length of time I take between draws is enough for it to cool back down.

maremaresing

You got one! I love it. It's such a nice drip tip to use with the dotleaf, and looks good too. (of course it would on both counts). Best bonus is it let's you use the modshield skins.

While I will use my black cover out in public, I've taken to just leaving the semi translucent skin on always. It looks really good and non distracting on my desk, and you can see the green and gold on the dotleaf/driptip ghosting through.

Stay safe weed ghost!

Lr4ktkP.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
You got one! I love it. It's such a nice drip tip to use with the dotleaf, and looks good too. (of course it would on both counts). Best bonus is it let's you use the modshield skins.

While I will use my black cover out in public, I've taken to just leaving the semi translucent skin on always. It looks really good and non distracting on my desk, and you can see the green and gold on the dotleaf/driptip ghosting through.

Stay safe weed ghost!

Lr4ktkP.jpg
I like the variety of optional accessories available for Dotmod/Dotleaf, and the leaf is sorely tempting.
How does it compare to the mIQro (I have one of those too, that is a mIQro right, or is it an IQ?).
Trying to decide between this and the Tinymight (for pre loaded capsule/oven convenience while on the go, mostly).
There's several other vapes in the running, but those are the main two, maybe IQ2 as well, dunno, I like my mIQro, but battery life makes carrying at least one or two spares mandatory, and no capsules fit.

Deecee

Hi I know it’s so frustrating because when it works it’s amazing . I’ve combusted again since my last post . Just too unreliable for me unfortunately might just wait until faults are ironed out ....whenever that is .
Contact dotleaf support and they will 100% take care of it. They are good people and their customer service is beyond what most companies do .

I'm on day 3 of my 1.5 and no combustion yet (setting 3 and 4).

BlazeDis

Contact dotleaf support and they will 100% take care of it. They are good people and their customer service is beyond what most companies do .

I'm on day 3 of my 1.5 and no combustion yet (setting 3 and 4).
Ok cool just out of interest how do you pack your bowl ?

BlazeDis,
Reactions: BigJr48

Deecee

Ok cool just out of interest how do you pack your bowl ?
A very light tamp and I don't always fill it completely I leave a little room between the rim and lid.

I hear some say they pack it down but the tab on oven says lightly pack for proper airflow.

If you had a combust you should clean your oven first though, take the inner oven shroud out (it clips in) take off washer and inner tan 8 hole piece off. Tap oven lightly upside down to get out debris, dump in isopropyl a few times to rinse out and then run it once put back together to evaporate residual iso. Let it cool before using again. Remember when you put it back together the washer is flat side up.

BlazeDis

Cheers will try that later . Is it fiddly , will I need tweezers/small pliers (don’t have) ?

BlazeDis,

Deecee

Cheers will try that later . Is it fiddly , will I need tweezers/small pliers (don’t have) ?
The clips in the top piece take me a few tries cause they like to pop back in soon as you pop them out lol I just pull back each tab with my fingernail slightly until it pops. Use the tip of tamping/stirring tool to get the 8 hole tan piece out.

maremaresing

I like the variety of optional accessories available for Dotmod/Dotleaf, and the leaf is sorely tempting.
How does it compare to the mIQro (I have one of those too, that is a mIQro right, or is it an IQ?).
Trying to decide between this and the Tinymight (for pre loaded capsule/oven convenience while on the go, mostly).
There's several other vapes in the running, but those are the main two, maybe IQ2 as well, dunno, I like my mIQro, but battery life makes carrying at least one or two spares mandatory, and no capsules fit.

That IS a miqro! Shockingly, the dotleaf isn't that much larger than the miqro. (Both are absolutely tiny!)

6nOahqO.jpg

I get asked to compare the two a lot, and it's hard to answer. I really enjoy the miqro and the dotleaf.

dotleaf beats miqro on heatup time by a seeming order of magnitude. leaf is up to temp so fast you could use it "on demand" for a few puffs easily. Miqro takes forever.

miqro beats dotleaf on vapor quality and flavor. miqro has very tasty vapor and it's silky smooth without much/any heat. dotleaf has good flavor (and I'm getting less because I mostly use it for CBD), but it's toastier and tends to lose flavor quickly.

Battery life obviously goes to the dotleaf, which has seemingly infinite battery life, with a full cell being easy to swap in. You never have to worry about it.

Performance is obviously in the dotleafs favor. The dotleaf puts full on desktops to shame with it's vapor production and effects. It's a pocket nuke. The vapor comes on strong and doesn't quit due to the hybrid heating and the power of the battery+oven.

dotleaf holds .25g vs the miqros .2g

You never have to stir a dotleaf oven before it's completely done (probably because of the hybrid heating). With the miqro you need at least one stir before the last session, and it never gets as dark as the dotleaf abv.

On size it's kind of a tossup. A miqro and carry can with extra cell and herb is about the same size as the dotleaf. The dotleaf doesn't need an extra cell, but you get tempted to have an extra oven with you since you can blow through an oven super quick if you want. So you might still carry an accessory. It's up to you.

Lastly, I'd just say that vs any other vapes I've had, every temp setting on the dotleaf is useful. Temp1 is great for stretching an oven and providing a lower strength effect. Temp2 is perfect for strong DTL rips with big vapor and full effects without much heat. Temp3 and Temp4 are go big or go home desktop shamers that are really nice with glass.

Copacetic

That IS a miqro! Shockingly, the dotleaf isn't that much larger than the miqro. (Both are absolutely tiny!)

6nOahqO.jpg

I get asked to compare the two a lot, and it's hard to answer. I really enjoy the miqro and the dotleaf.

dotleaf beats miqro on heatup time by a seeming order of magnitude. leaf is up to temp so fast you could use it "on demand" for a few puffs easily. Miqro takes forever.

miqro beats dotleaf on vapor quality and flavor. miqro has very tasty vapor and it's silky smooth without much/any heat. dotleaf has good flavor (and I'm getting less because I mostly use it for CBD), but it's toastier and tends to lose flavor quickly.

Battery life obviously goes to the dotleaf, which has seemingly infinite battery life, with a full cell being easy to swap in. You never have to worry about it.

Performance is obviously in the dotleafs favor. The dotleaf puts full on desktops to shame with it's vapor production and effects. It's a pocket nuke. The vapor comes on strong and doesn't quit due to the hybrid heating and the power of the battery+oven.

dotleaf holds .25g vs the miqros .2g

You never have to stir a dotleaf oven before it's completely done (probably because of the hybrid heating). With the miqro you need at least one stir before the last session, and it never gets as dark as the dotleaf abv.

On size it's kind of a tossup. A miqro and carry can with extra cell and herb is about the same size as the dotleaf. The dotleaf doesn't need an extra cell, but you get tempted to have an extra oven with you since you can blow through an oven super quick if you want. So you might still carry an accessory. It's up to you.

Lastly, I'd just say that vs any other vapes I've had, every temp setting on the dotleaf is useful. Temp1 is great for stretching an oven and providing a lower strength effect. Temp2 is perfect for strong DTL rips with big vapor and full effects without much heat. Temp3 and Temp4 are go big or go home desktop shamers that are really nice with glass.
Wow, thanks for the comprehensive reply!
That gives me a lot to think about.
That pic surprises me, despite having watched numerous video reviews the Dotleaf looks smaller than I thought.
It looks like 1.5 mIQro's!
Which really is amazing when the extra battery capacity is considered.
About how many ovens can one battery last in the Dotleaf?

When you say "it's toastier [Dotleaf] and tends to lose flavour quickly." Do you mean toastier as in hotter vapour, or as in - a more toasted flavour?

I lent my mIQro out to a friend in need, and that means I dont have a good sipper, or regulated vape, and I'd like something which plays well with capsules (or whatever) for easy reloading while out and about, which is why I've narrowed down the search to the Dotleaf, and the Tinymight.
The only functional advantage that I can think of, that the TM has over the DL, is microdosing, on the other hand, satisfaction with capsule use in the TM seems mixed.

I think I'll lurk this thread for a while longer to see if the new ovens in the 1.5 have truly solved the issues, and if they have I'll be stuck with a really hard decision still, but I'd have to be patient anyway as I'm still working on raising funds!

Another thing that occurs to me that Dotleaf could consider for DL 2.0 is the inclusion of a stir tool/pick under the doors somewhere.
I have read several folk saying stirring isn't needed In use (big kudos there DL) But it might be handy for emptying the oven.
I love the internally stored tool in my mIQro (hard to lose, always right there when you need it, easy to access and put away every time you use it).
Oo-ooh, what about a captive pin, like a blunt needle, which slides out a tiny hole in the bottom of the DL to use?
The 'slide to deploy' thumb stud end of the pin could be pretty tiny, and concealed behind one of the doors!
The slot it would slide in would only need to be as long as the oven is deep.
Like a retractable version of the Lotus stir tool.
Anyone think there'd be room enough for that in the DL? (or any need for it, as for all I know the oven is smooth enough to just tip AVB out without any assistance?).
I know I'm overthinking this. A length of bamboo skewer dropped alongside the battery would likely serve, but where's the fun in that? :science:

Dreuft

OK I'm so disappointed, my brand new dotleaf 1.5 doesn't work... I load it, choose temp 4 click 3 times, the leds goes green and very quickly it vibrate but nothing, no vapor at all, there's no heat (maybe a little but not enough to vape my herb)... I can hear the noise of the engine running, same noise as the tinymight but nothing... Disappointing.

Jozin88

I'm very curious about this vape, I've been google searching all morning : where's the best place in Canada to buy one online?

Jozin88,

Copacetic

OK I'm so disappointed, my brand new dotleaf 1.5 doesn't work... I load it, choose temp 4 click 3 times, the leds goes green and very quickly it vibrate but nothing, no vapor at all, there's no heat (maybe a little but not enough to vape my herb)... I can hear the noise of the engine running, same noise as the tinymight but nothing... Disappointing.
Wow, no heat or even warmth anywhere?
That is disappointing. Sorry to hear that.

QF1994

About how many ovens can one battery last in the Dotleaf?
I feel like I've gotten between 8 and 9 3-minute sessions out of one battery, probably could push it to 10 but I usually swap out once I'm one session into the light turning red. I almost always use it on level 2.

AD

I wanted to commend @dotleaf_Alex for dotLeaf's excellent customer service. I sent my 1.0 in to be upgraded. They turned it around in 2 days and I have the new inside panel, upgraded firmware, and they replaced my OG oven. All this for only the cost of shipping to them (they paid return shipping) and fast too. Excellent service. If you have a 1.0 I highly recommend you send it in.
Agreed! dotleaf Alex did the same for me very impressed.

Copacetic

I feel like I've gotten between 8 and 9 3-minute sessions out of one battery, probably could push it to 10 but I usually swap out once I'm one session into the light turning red. I almost always use it on level 2.
Haha, I misread this for a sec' as saying that you got 8-9-10 OVENS from each battery!
So how many ovens do you consume in your typical ~9 session battery life?
Our respective definitions of a session may differ wildly for all I know.
I'm picturing an oven lasting about two of the timed sessions? Maybe 3?
If it's two, and a battery will last for around 4.5 oven loads then that is way better efficiency than any of the 18650 vapes I own!

If a battery lasts less, say for 3 oven loads then that's still pretty good IMHO, especially when we consider the fairly large capacity of the Dotleaf ovens (.25g I think?).
The prospect of one battery lasting through an entire gram would mean a low tolerance user like me would not have to carry a second battery to get through an entire day of fairly heavy consumption! (a gram in a day would be a bit of a white knuckle ride for me, I know, I'm weird, but I'm a cheap date!😏)

Copacetic,

west-elec

It's a little warm but not enough... Bad luck for me I suppose... Hope they'll change it easily...
Not alone.
After 2 combustion events first 2 bowls, I had a good run for 8 or 10 chambers. Then I swapped out while warm, took a few minutes so nowhere close to hot, just warm. I got no purple lights but it went almost straight to ready, and got very little heat. Took it out shut it down and tried again same result. Wrong temps obviously confused by resistance or something, but no purple lights. So I left it an hour, came back and tried again and immediately it did the opposite, took too long to heat and combusted.
I don't have to tell people here that combustion is the worst failing any vape could have and is such a non issue with conduction vapes it is hard to grip how they haven't fixed this with v1.5.
Issues NOT resolved by new chip.
@Copacetic this isn't the best device for coming back to a half spent load. The narrow bowl and aggressive conduction means faster extraction and subsequent sessions are not gonna be nice, or worthwhile. Better to consider 3 minutes roughly to finish the bowl, you should get 8 to 10 3 minute cycles per battery (or more if it combusted each bowl, that will save battery🙁).

QF1994

Haha, I misread this for a sec' as saying that you got 8-9-10 OVENS from each battery!
So how many ovens do you consume in your typical ~9 session battery life?
Our respective definitions of a session may differ wildly for all I know.
I'm picturing an oven lasting about two of the timed sessions? Maybe 3?
If it's two, and a battery will last for around 4.5 oven loads then that is way better efficiency than any of the 18650 vapes I own!

If a battery lasts less, say for 3 oven loads then that's still pretty good IMHO, especially when we consider the fairly large capacity of the Dotleaf ovens (.25g I think?).
The prospect of one battery lasting through an entire gram would mean a low tolerance user like me would not have to carry a second battery to get through an entire day of fairly heavy consumption! (a gram in a day would be a bit of a white knuckle ride for me, I know, I'm weird, but I'm a cheap date!😏)
I usually hit the same oven 2 or 3 times, depending on the strain, how tightly I packed it, etc. I think 3 oven loads is a good rough estimate to work off, assuming 2-3 sessions per oven load. You might get 4, honestly I've never tracked it that closely, but I will say that I had it with me in NYC on Saturday night and it worked out great for me, I hit it a few times at night with pot in it, and then swapped to a CBD oven in the AM to help with my hangover, and I didn't need a new battery the whole weekend, though I did swap it as soon as I got home.

I keep a few 18650s charged since I also use an Arizer Air quite a bit, so I always have a fresh one handy.

Top Bottom