• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dotLeaf

Ipe17

I ordered one with the 4/20 discount. It already arrived but I will not be home until next week to try it. Let's see how it holds vs my P80 and Impcognitos. I actually bought it to use in those occasions I need something looking more like an e-cig. I hope it delivers...

BeeSawd

I was hoping some new 1.5 owners would start to appear with good news and zero combustion. I also haven't seen much bad news, so I hope you are all enjoying them too much (too wasted) to report. Mine has shipped but I've probably got 2 weeks + shipping so wanted some reassurance to help reduce the anxiety that I made another poor choice. I swore i would never buy another conduction vape, but here I am...

I also saw a YouTube video on the Dotleaf today by some guy called Flippin' Loud, obviously not a vaper, he didn't know what the WPAs were and called the 14mm 'the big tip' and the 18mm 'if that one is big, this mother fucker takes the cake.'
Hilarious watching him try to compare the difference, eventually he decided they are the same and he preferred the 'OG'. 🤔 I guess any publicity is good publicity and sending one to this guy for free didn't cost them much, but I hope they also sent them to someone who has a clue as well.
I got my 1.5 about a week ago now and im in love with it, the only vape i've used since i got it and 0 combustion

maremaresing

I was hoping some new 1.5 owners would start to appear with good news and zero combustion. I also haven't seen much bad news, so I hope you are all enjoying them too much (too wasted) to report. Mine has shipped but I've probably got 2 weeks + shipping so wanted some reassurance to help reduce the anxiety that I made another poor choice. I swore i would never buy another conduction vape, but here I am...

I also saw a YouTube video on the Dotleaf today by some guy called Flippin' Loud, obviously not a vaper, he didn't know what the WPAs were and called the 14mm 'the big tip' and the 18mm 'if that one is big, this mother fucker takes the cake.'
Hilarious watching him try to compare the difference, eventually he decided they are the same and he preferred the 'OG'. 🤔 I guess any publicity is good publicity and sending one to this guy for free didn't cost them much, but I hope they also sent them to someone who has a clue as well.

Most of us are expressing our enthusiasm with with the 1.5 in the Dotleaf discord channel. I've had mine for a few weeks now and haven't had a single combustion. Heat up time seems faster than the 1.0, but I've not measured it. ABV gets cooked just as evenly and completely as the 1.0.

It's an amazing little device and I still use mine just about every day!

LMAO at that reviewer. I think it's good to get a dotleaf in the hands of people not in the community, as that touches a wider audience. The adapters do make good drip tips, but does that guy even imbibe if he can't recognize 14/18mm gongs?!

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"

Not a single instance of combustion after running two different ovens 10x each, getting up to level 4 + boost mode. I'm very happy with the 1.5, I did not own a 1.0 previously.

I enjoy it so much that I ordered a DotAIO yesterday to add to my nicotine vape arsenal. Now I’m looking into aftermarket doors and customizations and stuff.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still on my original oven, no cracks, no combustion. This is the vape that made
conduction enjoyable for me. Thought I was full on convection, but the dotLeaf
delivers on all relevant points.

Of course you are the one who makes me even remotely interested here! FW7 and IQ2 brought me back to the ways of conduction

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I have to admit I'm having a great honeymoon phase with this device:D :love:
So far it performed amazingly well.
I was somehow surprised by the build quality and impression, a bit smaller than expected at the same time heavier, both kinda positive though. The green looks great and the magnet doors fit snugly and are not to hard to remove.

I only have one oven which is big enough for longer periods and has not combusted so far. I didn't have a purple light yet for the recognition indication.

The burn off didn't smell so great but I'm not completely sure about that because it smelled less on the first 2 burn offs and then I iso-cleaned and washed the oven. The third burn off was still a bit wet so that's maybe it.

Anyway, the vapor is convincing, avb looks good and I learned setting the heat pretty fast.
Tried the boost function once but not completely sure if it worked. It definitely hits but that's to be expected from the oven size!

So it's not easy to microdose I guess.

One thing that's kinda annoying is, you always need a tool to open the chamber. On the other hand, due to oven size that's not very often and the provided tool seems very nice. Sturdy, not to small to lose and with a thicker back side for easy tamping. Also good grip.

@dotleaf_Alex I really hope you're right about this. And I think it might be worth correcting the video if so. While it might not be a clear no-go, I would prefer it not to be in the hot air path.

That's my 3 day trial report, cheers :razz:

:peace:

Vizyt91

Is this a something new in the 1.5 version? I don’t have any need for a tool to open mine.
Nope I don’t need anything to open my oven :hmm: (1.5 version).
I’ve got a few combustion issue (2 or 3), but the main issue I have is the 3 white flashs, the iso cleaning of the contact chamber and the device don’t work anymore, the only way to resolve it is by misplacing (pulling off a little) the chamber in the device . All in all it’s a great lil device, that can give big fcking clouds and great effects, it stinks a bit when not in use so I recommend to use a smell proof pouch, I already ordered the dotaio silicone case with the drip tip cap to avoid the pouch, thks to @maremaresing for sharing 👏👏

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

the only way to resolve it is by misplacing (pulling off a little) the chamber in the device .
That’s been the only fix for mine since the beginning. Obviously others know what’s going on with their devices better than I do, but I’ve suspected for quite some time that a lot of the triple-white-light contact issues that get reported are more about physical mis-alignment due to the re-purposed body design rather than dirty contacts.

BlazeDis

Nope I don’t need anything to open my oven :hmm: (1.5 version).
I’ve got a few combustion issue (2 or 3), but the main issue I have is the 3 white flashs, the iso cleaning of the contact chamber and the device don’t work anymore, the only way to resolve it is by misplacing (pulling off a little) the chamber in the device . All in all it’s a great lil device, that can give big fcking clouds and great effects, it stinks a bit when not in use so I recommend to use a smell proof pouch, I already ordered the dotaio silicone case with the drip tip cap to avoid the pouch, thks to @maremaresing for sharing 👏👏
Hi have a 1.5 haven’t combusted as yet but AVB was VERY VERY dark on setting 3 , think if it would of been setting 4 I would of combusted definitely . Makes me very wary of using the boost function and just wonder if it’s just luck of the draw if you combust or not with this device with maybe a few variables coming into play . Have made sure to pretty much pack the bowls exactly the same way so I’m baffled really . Love this device and it ticks so many boxes for me so really need to decide if it’s worth the risk keeping it or returning before the warranty runs out ...

Saerdna

Svapatore seriale
What power level is it on? Are you covering the door slit with your thumb when you vape?
All levels are the same, i can feel different heat but still little vapor, i don't cover the airlfow, also trought a bong no clouds, i don't know why, is also well packed, fine and tight

Saerdna,
Reactions: BigJr48

Deecee

All levels are the same, i can feel different heat but still little vapor, i don't cover the airlfow, also trought a bong no clouds, i don't know why, is also well packed, fine and tight
Tab instructions on oven say loosely pack it or you can get bad hits. Just got a 1.5 today but havent had time to mess with it yet.

Deecee

Yeah i know, also different type of grind or packing gave me same results, so i belive is a faulty oven i hope or unit
You really have to let it soak up the heat and sip it slowly, also have to restrict the airflow imo. I end up cupping the bottom air flow hole on the door and sliding my thumb as a carb for the side door hole. I run mine on at least setting 3, and 4 when I want to finish a pack.

Wanted to add I use the 14mm tip as a drip tip, lot less heat that way.

Pukka

If anyone is looking for glass spacers to reduce chamber size the Argo version of these fit nicely

west-elec

Mine arrived today quicker than other recent shipments. But I had a bad start, combusted first bowl. It can't be resistance change when it's the first bowl ever. Fuck, not happy. Setting 2 and it started hot and just kept getting hotter and was burning by 4th hit.
So I started again, but same result, 3rd hit was smoke. Fuck, very not happy.
Came back later and next bowl was better, working as advertised. Have run another 4 bowls no issue so no idea WTF, but I did nothing different so this thing still has an issue with combustion. I have been hitting it native and it is pretty hot but ok at level 3 where I have been liking it, plus boost to finish.
Hits are good, comparing to other conduction vapes maybe I might say very good. Its got that relaxed laid back sipper quality about it, but pretty solid thick hits and flavour doesn't sour badly late in the bowl.
It has been a little finicky regularly giving me the oven not detected error, even though it looks good. I have been swapping the lid around and putting back in the other way. Mostly comes good. It only gave me the resistance change lights once, on a new bowl cold start, never when I put back a hot bowl.
Build quality is nice and solid, and it is very small and has a nice carry feel. My talented wife even jazzed it up a bit with some decals, and it's a neat little package.
20210504_201235.jpg
20210504_201307.jpg

Deecee

Mine arrived today quicker than other recent shipments. But I had a bad start, combusted first bowl. It can't be resistance change when it's the first bowl ever. Fuck, not happy. Setting 2 and it started hot and just kept getting hotter and was burning by 4th hit.
So I started again, but same result, 3rd hit was smoke. Fuck, very not happy.
Came back later and next bowl was better, working as advertised. Have run another 4 bowls no issue so no idea WTF, but I did nothing different so this thing still has an issue with combustion. I have been hitting it native and it is pretty hot but ok at level 3 where I have been liking it, plus boost to finish.
Hits are good, comparing to other conduction vapes maybe I might say very good. Its got that relaxed laid back sipper quality about it, but pretty solid thick hits and flavour doesn't sour badly late in the bowl.
It has been a little finicky regularly giving me the oven not detected error, even though it looks good. I have been swapping the lid around and putting back in the other way. Mostly comes good. It only gave me the resistance change lights once, on a new bowl cold start, never when I put back a hot bowl.
Build quality is nice and solid, and it is very small and has a nice carry feel. My talented wife even jazzed it up a bit with some decals, and it's a neat little package.

Sucks People are having combustion with the new version, wish they knew how to prevent it because I really am a fan when it doesnt combust.

I'm currently using a dotleaf and an IQ2, the IQ2 gets me going but the dotleaf has that extra punch to drive it home and some times I just need that dotleaf level hit.

BlazeDis

Sucks People are having combustion with the new version, wish they knew how to prevent it because I really am a fan when it doesnt combust.

I'm currently using a dotleaf and an IQ2, the IQ2 gets me going but the dotleaf has that extra punch to drive it home and some times I just need that dotleaf level hit.
Hi I know it’s so frustrating because when it works it’s amazing . I’ve combusted again since my last post . Just too unreliable for me unfortunately might just wait until faults are ironed out ....whenever that is .

maremaresing

The longer I have the dotleaf, the more convection I think is going on. The way you get strong vapor output from the get go that doesn't drop off lends to this. Still, you should be packing the ovens full and tight to get the biggest hits. Side bonus is the heat from convection gets transferred through the load more, rather than your mouth.

Whispy hits on Temp 1 is normal. Whispy hits on anything else doesn't sound right on such a "grip it and rip it" powerhouse.

Top Bottom