dotLeaf

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
It started to cycle but was shutting off with red light because battery was low. I waited 30min so it wouldn't be hot, changed battery, then 5 click off then 5 click on. I 3 clicked to start session and instant combust. I can get 2 or 3 different sessions from a single bowl pack on most devices so I'm not vaping multiple bowls in a session.

Normally with the dotleaf I can get one session at level 2 and one at level 3 and if im lucky I can get a 3rd session at lvl 3 in with the same bowl pack if the abv still has moisture and still sticking together when I stir.

I havent tried level 4 yet, I'm scared lol.
will you please shoot us an email: customerservice@dotleafofficial.com , i would like to help you out with this if possible. please reference this message so we can recognize you easier, lol.

shopdognyc

With all of the effort they try, don't think I can stand behind this product. It works when does but all of the issues seem much more effort than worth. Repeated efforts to reach out sometimes returns quick action, most times reminiscent of Tiny Might for me.

For those with continued success great, but see too many inherent issues and temporary fixes that don't solve anything.

maremaresing

It sucks so much that you guys still have problems. Mine never lets me down. I had a couple combustions like a month apart, and yes it made me sad and untrusting for a few days. But then it just keeps hitting and never quits. This is especially true once I figured out what causes that. All I can say is get it swapped out if you have a bad one. Maybe some circuit boards are bad IDK I don't work for the company.

I've said this before, and I'll say again, it's an inexpensive vape. For $160 USD, it outperforms the competition. They say with davinci it's 90% pain 10% vaping, and the dotleaf is like .00001% pain the rest of it just the best vape life holding your emerald box of joy.

@dotleaf_Alex don't forget @RobbIt I think they need some attention.

Also dotleaf, give us some carrier options. Furna has this whole slick carrier system, plus a single cover that comes in the package. But the dotleaf oven is literally half the size of the furna oven, thus more portable.

I searched unsuccessfully around for the right silicone bands to make these pocketable, then came up with this. Those throwaway jars with the silicone insert. I just cut the bottom out and it's the perfect size to hold dotleaf ovens together very securely. It even covers the airport on the cap to keep things clean.

fOb5ydh.jpg

But I'd like a stealthy keyring case or something.

shopdognyc

It works with issues and $160 isn't bad especially for performance. I won't push back at them but I am sure the silence is due to the volume of issues. It needs some work maybe more than some of the higher priced ones out there.

Maybe its strategic to see what works and version 2.0 will be the one.

RobbIt

It sucks so much that you guys still have problems. Mine never lets me down. I had a couple combustions like a month apart, and yes it made me sad and untrusting for a few days. But then it just keeps hitting and never quits. This is especially true once I figured out what causes that. All I can say is get it swapped out if you have a bad one. Maybe some circuit boards are bad IDK I don't work for the company.

I've said this before, and I'll say again, it's an inexpensive vape. For $160 USD, it outperforms the competition. They say with davinci it's 90% pain 10% vaping, and the dotleaf is like .00001% pain the rest of it just the best vape life holding your emerald box of joy.

@dotleaf_Alex don't forget @RobbIt I think they need some attention.

Also dotleaf, give us some carrier options. Furna has this whole slick carrier system, plus a single cover that comes in the package. But the dotleaf oven is literally half the size of the furna oven, thus more portable.

I searched unsuccessfully around for the right silicone bands to make these pocketable, then came up with this. Those throwaway jars with the silicone insert. I just cut the bottom out and it's the perfect size to hold dotleaf ovens together very securely. It even covers the airport on the cap to keep things clean.

fOb5ydh.jpg

But I'd like a stealthy keyring case or something.
Thanks maremaresing for the shout out.

RobbIt,
Another combustion event after battery change, it combusted the entire load this time.

I 5 clicked off then turned back on, how do you you prevent a combust after battery change?
Normally with the dotleaf I can get one session at level 2 and one at level 3 and if im lucky I can get a 3rd session at lvl 3 in with the same bowl pack if the abv still has moisture and still sticking together when I stir.

I havent tried level 4 yet, I'm scared lol.
4's a gamble in my opinion. Sometimes I'm unsure if I've combusted or the weed's just too toasted. If the alternative wasn't bong smoke, I'd be disgusted by the flavour.

Try cleaning the unit, or at the very least blowing into the chamber. I took mine apart and put it back together plus blew into it a few times to get out the little bits, or at least trap them in the ultem, works well. I think my combustion has mostly disappeared and good vapor returned? Seems like if the bottom gets too clogged it can cause the oven to overheat. DotLeaf's official solution is to buy more chambers - fuck that. I'm running these ovens into the ground.

I just completed going all of February without buying any weed, and even though I had to unexpectedly buy a dotLeaf less than two weeks in I'm very happy after feeling like I was just buying so much in January. Put in an order for 21 more grams, I'm hoping it lasts me until the fall. I was able to cut my consumption down pretty dramatically, and I'm planning on holding out to a soft limit of 2 and a hard limit of 3 bowls a day. At some point I'd love to get it closer to one bowl a day and just session the same bowl twice. I'll be experimenting with this over the next couple of days, anyone have anything to say on the strength as it goes through sessions and temperatures? I'm estimating one session at 2 and then two sessions on 3 or 4 through water.

Deecee

4's a gamble in my opinion. Sometimes I'm unsure if I've combusted or the weed's just too toasted. If the alternative wasn't bong smoke, I'd be disgusted by the flavour.

Try cleaning the unit, or at the very least blowing into the chamber. I took mine apart and put it back together plus blew into it a few times to get out the little bits, or at least trap them in the ultem, works well. I think my combustion has mostly disappeared and good vapor returned? Seems like if the bottom gets too clogged it can cause the oven to overheat. DotLeaf's official solution is to buy more chambers - fuck that. I'm running these ovens into the ground.

I just completed going all of February without buying any weed, and even though I had to unexpectedly buy a dotLeaf less than two weeks in I'm very happy after feeling like I was just buying so much in January. Put in an order for 21 more grams, I'm hoping it lasts me until the fall. I was able to cut my consumption down pretty dramatically, and I'm planning on holding out to a soft limit of 2 and a hard limit of 3 bowls a day. At some point I'd love to get it closer to one bowl a day and just session the same bowl twice. I'll be experimenting with this over the next couple of days, anyone have anything to say on the strength as it goes through sessions and temperatures? I'm estimating one session at 2 and then two sessions on 3 or 4 through water.
I popped off chamber cover (just lightly pulled each corner) and there is a second piece I removed. Dumped iso in, shook it up, did 2 burn offs at setting 4 because even though you pour out iso seemed t be residual iso or something in there cause I could hear bubbling. Chamber tastes a little off now but its working.

also I'm talking to alex in emails for past 3 days, he is being very helpful and its much appreciated.

Conduction always eats up material faster in my experience, convection is the best for me when trying to conserve. I def couldnt make 21g last until fall, in the past I was making a quarter of 30 to 35% THC last a month but most months it ends up being about a half o.

Deecee

Alex is sending me an updated device with new firmware to fix my issue. So they are actually working on getting issues resolved. The guy seems swamped so just try to be patient. I had a really good talk with alex (almost an hour talk) he asked alot of specific questions about my device, likes / dislikes.

So it seems to me they are trying their best to make dotleaf a serious contender for your dry herb vape dollars. I think they just had unexpected issues with some models come up that didnt exist pre launch.

RobbIt

With all of the effort they try, don't think I can stand behind this product. It works when does but all of the issues seem much more effort than worth. Repeated efforts to reach out sometimes returns quick action, most times reminiscent of Tiny Might for me.

For those with continued success great, but see too many inherent issues and temporary fixes that don't solve anything.
Completely agree shopdognyc! And contrary to others, I expect ALL new devices (including ones costing $160!) to work correctly without requiring continued instructions from the company about how to band aid design defects.

Having said that, I give major kudos to Alex@Dotmod for his willingness to make things right! 💪🏻🙏🏻

Atomic11

I am wondering if anyone has any tips to prevent combustion with the dotleaf? Im using a black oven- also- where can I purchase addtional black ovens? Thanks everyone

Atomic11,

purpletweed

Yep! Those are the ones.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips to prevent combustion with the dotleaf?

Are you by any chance using a screen inside of your ovens? I think the holes in the ovens are fairly large and on my first oven noticed that debris would get in to the interior of the oven. After that I started using a stainless steel screen. I’ve personally not had combustion events on my newer ovens, and wonder if that might contribute; perhaps debris throws off the resistance reading or something, idk. This is pure speculation, to be clear.

purpletweed,
Reactions: dimmusp

Atomic11

Yep! Those are the ones.

Are you by any chance using a screen inside of your ovens? I think the holes in the ovens are fairly large and on my first oven noticed that debris would get in to the interior of the oven. After that I started using a stainless steel screen. I’ve personally not had combustion events on my newer ovens, and wonder if that might contribute; perhaps debris throws off the resistance reading or something, idk. This is pure speculation, to be clear.
Oh awesome! what size screens would you suggest?,

Atomic11,

Atomic11

sorry for all the questions, but does anyone know how the vape ban will effect the dotleaf?

Atomic11,

Deecee

sorry for all the questions, but does anyone know how the vape ban will effect the dotleaf?
We love questions, pretty sure nobody knows yet. It doesnt use a 510 so it might be safe, its all very up in the air because how the ban is worded.

RobbIt

It works with issues and $160 isn't bad especially for performance. I won't push back at them but I am sure the silence is due to the volume of issues. It needs some work maybe more than some of the higher priced ones out there.

Maybe its strategic to see what works and version 2.0 will be the one.
If a device that is supposed to enable inhalation of a substance into the human body isn’t fully tested and ready, the device manufacturer shouldn’t release it. At a minimum that fact should be fully disclosed to prospective retail purchasers.
I’m not singling out Dotleaf by any means, and they have been responding responsibly. This is a serious problem in a mostly unregulated industry that serves medical cannabis patients as well as Rec consumers.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I have had nothing but bad luck with the DL. Originally ordered a couple months ago. First unit arrived with the OG oven and it would not recognize the oven. 5 separate emails and a couple weeks, I sent back my unit and they sent me a new one with the black heater. I used it about 4 times, performance was just ok, then it stopped recognizing the oven. A couple more weeks they finally send a new tan oven and it works but the performance is a joke. I also recently picked up a POTV One and the One set at 400 cranks 2x the vapor of the DL at 4.

I'm about to demand my money back. Seems like to fix the problems they took all the performance out of it.

Anyone else notice a decrease in performance with each new heater?

Am I missing something here?
Just a shot in the dark, but maybe your batteries aren't juicy enough? Because performance seems to be so weak in spite of every other report.

Notacaveman

Hey guys my dotleaf from vapefiend turned up today, I knew about issues people have been having with them but perhaps didn't realise how common they are. I love the look and feel of this thing but feel I might be doing something wrong, getting wispy hits and almost no extraction on highest temp with boost on, tried 3 different batteries in the thing but no luck, running out of things to try, wandering if anyone could help?
Cheers.

Top Bottom