dotLeaf

Just reiterating that theres tons of us that are happy with no issues (on and off the forum) and defects are normal for anything. It was clearly communicated to me early in the thread that this was a soft launch, and I'm glad I took the plunge.

We all make our own choices, there is no gun to your head to try a new device, or first model year, of anything.
I agree with this, people are really blowing things out of proportion. I'll pick up some of the new chambers when they come in but my fractured chamber is working totally fine and I'd really figured out a good packing method, literally just pack it solely with gravity and the weight of the fat end of the poker, maybe just press the slightest bit. I've had nothing but good vapor since, even on max temp and through glass. As long as you always let it cool before using a swapped chamber and turn it off before you load in the new chamber it works fine. If I was recommending it to someone I'd probably say yeah wait a month for them to sort out the kinks, but as someone who knew what I was getting into, I couldn't be happier with the little guy. Hits like a truck.

Deecee

Just reiterating that theres tons of us that are happy with no issues (on and off the forum) and defects are normal for anything. It was clearly communicated to me early in the thread that this was a soft launch, and I'm glad I took the plunge.

We all make our own choices, there is no gun to your head to try a new device, or first model year, of anything.
Notice how @dotleaf_Alex likes the fluffer posts and doesnt even comment to the ones having combustion issues. I bought a retail product, instead im a paid beta tester for a massively failed product. Far as I can tell only 2 people here like their dotleaf and they work properly.

MORE of us are having combustion events than people who are loving the product and is working great.

Bro just refund me and I will be fine, guarantee I never buy a dotmod or dotleaf product again. I will also be making a video on this thread and my issues and dotleafs aka dotmods refusal to make good on the issue.

I made a choice I lost big and everyone here is a witness, bet this thread really inspires a purchase.

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Deecee i agree 100% I bought this vape because I saw @khelek41girl ripping fat clouds. She turned me onto the tinymight in 2019 and I will be forever greatfull for that purchase so I knowingly took a CHANCE on the dot leaf.

I completely expected this product to come with issues. I’m used to this with beta releases. I’ve purchased over 30 vapes. Most artisan betas

what I was not expecting was a company who seems unable to make things right.

3 try’s for them to send me a complete oven is certainly not blowing things out of proportion. Either someone in this very small team is asleep at the wheel or they just like wasting resources on shipping.

I’d love to see a poll of how many people have NOT had issues. I’d bet my left nut there’s more folks with issues then without.

My unit is still unusable. My screen mod keeps debris out of my mouth but without the rubber gasket the air leak snuffs performance big time.

Anyway, we win some we loose some and Cc charge backs last up to 120 days for a defective product so all should work out in the end.

@gluemonkey i feel a certain level of responsibility to share my negative experiences. When I first got the dot leaf I gushed all over here with pictures videos and praise. I’d feel horrible if my if my posts where to sway people to purchase this product without showcasing the other side of my purchase experience.

Last edited:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I don't know, I had one or two combustions early on, but since then, mine has been working perfectly. I trusted it enough to bring it along camping with me, and it has not disappointed. There are still plenty of happy DotLeaf customers out there, and I am one of them. Have people had issues? Yes. Is dotleaf still working out kinks? Yes. All in all though, I have no regrets with my purchase. I apologize if my usage video was "misleading" to anyone, but my DL stomps, and is like a conduction heavy.

Now, I'm going to go sit out on the front porch of this cabin retreat that I am at, drink some coffee, hit my dotleaf, and have a nice wake and bake sesh. I wish you all the best morning possible with whatever vape you choose to use.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I apologize if my usage video was "misleading" to anyone, but my DL stomps, and is like a conduction heavy.
I don't think your video was misleading at all. You can only demonstrate your own unit which, in your case, doesn't suffer from the combustion issues. You demonstrated how well the vape can perform when there are no issues. Hopefully they'll get it figured out, then everyone can get that level of performance.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'll certainly give the vape another chance if they figure out how to fix it.

Deecee

I don't know, I had one or two combustions early on, but since then, mine has been working perfectly. I trusted it enough to bring it along camping with me, and it has not disappointed. There are still plenty of happy DotLeaf customers out there, and I am one of them. Have people had issues? Yes. Is dotleaf still working out kinks? Yes. All in all though, I have no regrets with my purchase. I apologize if my usage video was "misleading" to anyone, but my DL stomps, and is like a conduction heavy.

Now, I'm going to go sit out on the front porch of this cabin retreat that I am at, drink some coffee, hit my dotleaf, and have a nice wake and bake sesh. I wish you all the best morning possible with whatever vape you choose to use.
2 happy people is all see, long as your device works amirite?

Easywider

Simple is the way
I apologize if my usage video was "misleading" to anyone, but my DL stomps, and is like a conduction heavy.

I love your video's, they are very informative and certainly not misleading. I like how you show natural usage without any special lighting or any of that other "reviewer fluff" please keep the goodness coming.

My DL also stomps like a freaking mac truck. When it has an oven. I like my Dotleaf, it's the company I'm growing weary of.

maremaresing

It seems to be the new norm for companies to release a product which realistically speaking is still in beta phase. Was interested in this initially but grateful for others in group who bought so I don't have to. Amazed they didn't think of including the ability to update and whilst I realise dotleaf may be a reasonably new venture, this isn't dotmods 1st rodeo and fail to see the logic in releasing an unfinished product that's going to damage their reputation. Will wait and see what you lot think of the v2 and v3 when released but too many red flags for my liking with this version.
As I've stated before it makes no sense for those with limited funds to purchase a product new to market, best waiting 6months or more for any issues to be ironed out, and enough feedback on quality of product. Those that jumped in early, I hope you get it sorted

Is this unit reliable yet?

edit: lmao

There's so many threads on the internet I want to roll up to and throw shade from the sidelines. But I don't, because

UT4jbj3.png

I've also gotten (well known and popular) vapes that had near unforgivable issues and in every case I refrained from having a tantrum on the internet about it. Or even talking about it with anyone but the manufacturer.

In the case of the dotleaf, I expected it to be a generic conduction vape for my CBD that looked pretty. I did not expect it to be the best portable I've ever used, and rival my desktops. Wait a while on the dotleaf if you want, but stay interested, because it's one of the best new vapes on the market by a long shot.

Deecee

This post is a clear violation of the forum rules. Please review them before posing again. Warning point given.
There's so many threads on the internet I want to roll up to and throw shade from the sidelines. But I don't, because

UT4jbj3.png

I've also gotten (well known and popular) vapes that had near unforgivable issues and in every case I refrained from having a tantrum on the internet about it. Or even talking about it with anyone but the manufacturer.

In the case of the dotleaf, I expected it to be a generic conduction vape for my CBD that looked pretty. I did not expect it to be the best portable I've ever used, and rival my desktops. Wait a while on the dotleaf if you want, but stay interested, because it's one of the best new vapes on the market by a long shot.
Dude you are suspect, you schill all day for dotLeaf always trying to change subject any time someone has an issue with their dotleaf. You went from that to claiming I bought in some limited release where I should have known that my product might be bad. I bought my device from a retail site, it should have been retail ready not beta.

And the 2 pussies that keep championing this thing ignore the users that are having issues and the fucking employee is in on it liking the victim shaming posts.

All I have left to say on this is I have 16hrs a day of free time to spend 365 days a year recovering my $160 lots of ways you can make hell for a business and its coming. <3

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Describing understandably disappointed owners posts as tantrums is exceedingly overstated, but then a lot of the hyperbole is too. Isn't this a forum where people are encouraged to divulge their true experiences. All of those experiences have equal merit, good and bad.

I have been interested and following the thread since the beginning. I do hope they get their act together but it's a bit of a red flag when company reps cherry pick the questions they are going to answer and ignore or side step the more difficult ones.

staircase slight of hand

Far as I can tell only 2 people here like their dotleaf and they work properly.
After some initial usage tweaks that I’ve already mentioned in this thread, mine’s worked perfectly for weeks now (with the original oven).

All I have left to say on this is I have 16hrs a day of free time to spend 365 days a year recovering my $160 lots of ways you can make hell for a business and its coming. <3
You really think being a jerk to a company that you already feel is ignoring you is going to help the situation? Really??

maremaresing

Dude you are suspect, you schill all day for dotLeaf always trying to change subject any time someone has an issue with their dotleaf. You went from that to claiming I bought in some limited release where I should have known that my product might be bad. I bought my device from a retail site, it should have been retail ready not beta.

And the 2 pussies that keep championing this thing ignore the users that are having issues and the fucking employee is in on it liking the victim shaming posts.

This is who I am. If I really like something, I want to talk about it. This holds true for all of my hobbies. It's also true of my interactions with my friends and acquaintances, where I always try to call out the good I see in them. My posts in all the other vape threads here do not get me called a shill, despite my enthusiasm.

I've gone out of my way for you in this thread to troubleshoot and test and provide a kind word, and you've gone out of your way to find all my posts and "angry react" them. Since the start you particularly have been unreasonable, expecting dotleaf to even pay your customs fees. I've seen dotleaf take care of you, and I weep for their cs that has to interact with you.

I'm getting a vape from Canada right now that costs 300 CAD that nobody has tried but actual paid shill reviewers. It might be awful. I might have to ship it back to another country. I checked to see if I had to pay customs on it (I don't). You pays your money you takes your chances.

MORE of us are having combustion events than people who are loving the product and is working great..
I literally explained in my post that I had combustion events and I explained how to fix it. Hell, I even thought I had a defective unit or that the cracks were causing it to combust, but it was entirely my own user error. If you are not waiting for the chamber and device to completely cool (and that includes the oven, not just the ultem/pbt) between each use when you swap the chambers, if you're not turning the dotLeaf on and off again between loading chambers, and if you're not packing too tightly, you shouldn't be getting any combustion.
I have to disagree with @maremaresing point that "you pays your money you take your chances". This isn't the case and why we have consumer laws to protect us and any product sold should be fit for purpose.
As someone from the other 96% of the world, I don't mean to sound rude, not really in the mood to be testing the limits of the FC rules, but I think you should really look at how good you're getting it. As a Canadian reading this thread it's kind of ridiculous how upset some people are getting that they aren't getting the Four Seasons treatment when I'm lucky to have been able just to get my hands on one of these without having to pay twice the USD number after shipping and import fees with no expectation of receiving any replacements and paying plenty in shipping and likely import fees if I do. I don't think some people in this thread would last more than two days dealing with Canadian tech support. Besides, as long as we have capitalism any tool will be made to be sold first and to be used second, and will inherently be compromised. There's hundreds of melting sub-$100 Chinese vapes far more deserving of refunds than this one.

I'd also like to add that I really wouldn't consider the dotLeaf a beginner device, it has a bit of a learning curve and requires some proper techniques like good packing and understanding how it works for swapping the chamber. Your first two grams through the device might be varying levels of foggy and burnt. It won't just take anything you give it like a storz or puck it in like a pax. Literally the only thing that was different than I was expecting (besides places where it's exceeded my expectations) was that the mouthpiece looks shorter on the website than the one on the vape, but I'm sure they'll be updating their graphics soon anyways once they get the new chambers and stuff sorted out.

LxyGmht.png

Can anyone with an early copy confirm if they got one with a shorter drip tip?
Mine's on the left, website is on the right. Not as sexy for sure, but its probably more comfortable and is definitely on the low end of odd looking vape mouthpieces. I'm planning on swapping it out for a SvoeMesto ultem tip anyways when I get those new chambers.

Anyways, gonna have my first twaxing session!

SixStringToker

Naked member
I literally explained in my post that I had combustion events and I explained how to fix it. Hell, I even thought I had a defective unit or that the cracks were causing it to combust, but it was entirely my own user error. If you are not waiting for the chamber and device to completely cool (and that includes the oven, not just the ultem/pbt) between each use when you swap the chambers, if you're not turning the dotLeaf on and off again between loading chambers, and if you're not packing too tightly, you shouldn't be getting any combustion.
The bulk of my combustion events fell outside of those conditions. I can think of one specific instance where I'd just returned home from the store, poured some herb into one of the ovens, loaded it into the Dotleaf... and combusted.

purpletweed

Can anyone with an early copy confirm if they got one with a shorter drip tip?
Mine came with the shorter variant, but as I swapped my tip out for a different one, I've repurposed it to work as a mouthpiece for a DynaVap stem (made by none other than @khelek41girl), in case anyone wants ideas -- I think it's a classy-looking tip, it's just too hot for me.

Here's the tip I'm using now (2Puffs Flow v2 in bronze), along with nice wood panels I got from Alex Gaevskiy:

I will say that, especially with the black oven I received, the dotLeaf has been working marvelously for me, and I absolutely love it. Seeing reports here, I sometimes wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that I rarely ever go above setting 2. Regardless, I thought I'd mention that to add a data point.

pudgewack

Just chiming in to say I have a dotLeaf and it works well. Not my favorite vape, but it functions as intended. My oven does have some cracks. Haven't noticed a difference in performance though. I find it very hash when used natively, but it pumps out big clouds when attached to a bong.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I mean yeah, as a brief sanity check, it's February, about 2 months since this properly hit the market and this thread here got really active, less than that since combustion events/cracked ovens and whatnot appeared here, and we're in the middle of a global pandemic. Sure, dotleaf could be more active here to appease people, but ultimately I'd rather have them work on solutions than to cater to people's hurt feelings. They went through 4 tank iterations in those two months. That's a lot. I got my tan tank last week, despite being in Europe. Not saying it's totally fine that stuff combusts or thatt it isn't plenty frustrating for people who have that issue (literally not combusted once for me, despite use in cold weather, repeated heating of the same bowl etc), but instead of going into full meltdown in this thread here I think it'd be good to take a deep breath, realise that so far they've been pretty good with fixing stuff and being on top of their CS and that if it continues this way they'll hopefully/likely get you sorted in the coming months. Sucks that you seemingly can't update the chip via USB port though. But seriously, if you bought this in Dec (like myself) you knew that you were an early adopter and that this was kind of a soft launch, so high risk purchase, and if you ordered past December you've read all about the cracking ovens, rubbish o rings and occasional combustion on this thread, so you again knew that this wasn't gonna be like buying a mighty. Again, I understand the frustration, but some people seem to have the emotional response to this that rich girls on that super sweet 16 shows have when their rich dads got them a Porsche instead of Lamborghini and it's vanilla ice playing their party instead of Eminem (as you can see I'm very good at keeping up with the times). This is a vape, at a stage where it is obviously for afficianados who have at least 5 other vapes to play with whilst this is getting fixed, no one is dying or has died (at least in the context of this vape), let's all read some stoic philosophy, take a few deep breaths, and reflect as to what degree our anger is really useful and appropriate and to what degree it is the displacement aggression of the disaffected on a dying planet in the throes of late stage capitalism. It's fine that you have these emotions, but how you fling them around/make them the responsibility of other people is another matter. Just breathe, do some loving kindness meditation and have some weed. This won't haunt you on your deathbed (although if it does, I profusely apologise).

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I mean yeah, as a brief sanity check, it's February, about 2 months since this properly hit the market and this thread here got really active, less than that since combustion events/cracked ovens and whatnot appeared here, and we're in the middle of a global pandemic. Sure, dotleaf could be more active here to appease people, but ultimately I'd rather have them work on solutions than to cater to people's hurt feelings. They went through 4 tank iterations in those two months. That's a lot. I got my tan tank last week, despite being in Europe. Not saying it's totally fine that stuff combusts or thatt it isn't plenty frustrating for people who have that issue (literally not combusted once for me, despite use in cold weather, repeated heating of the same bowl etc), but instead of going into full meltdown in this thread here I think it'd be good to take a deep breath, realise that so far they've been pretty good with fixing stuff and being on top of their CS and that if it continues this way they'll hopefully/likely get you sorted in the coming months. Sucks that you seemingly can't update the chip via USB port though. But seriously, if you bought this in Dec (like myself) you knew that you were an early adopter and that this was kind of a soft launch, so high risk purchase, and if you ordered past December you've read all about the cracking ovens, rubbish o rings and occasional combustion on this thread, so you again knew that this wasn't gonna be like buying a mighty. Again, I understand the frustration, but some people seem to have the emotional response to this that rich girls on that super sweet 16 shows have when their rich dads got them a Porsche instead of Lamborghini and it's vanilla ice playing their party instead of Eminem (as you can see I'm very good at keeping up with the times). This is a vape, at a stage where it is obviously for afficianados who have at least 5 other vapes to play with whilst this is getting fixed, no one is dying or has died (at least in the context of this vape), let's all read some stoic philosophy, take a few deep breaths, and reflect as to what degree our anger is really useful and appropriate and to what degree it is the displacement aggression of the disaffected on a dying planet in the throes of late stage capitalism. It's fine that you have these emotions, but how you fling them around/make them the responsibility of other people is another matter. Just breathe, do some loving kindness meditation and have some weed. This won't haunt you on your deathbed (although if it does, I profusely apologise).
I always thought Lambo's are cooler than porsches which are made in China by VW.. Let's do a reality check in two months,for me the main issue is that until they are trying to figure shit out people units/chambers go out of warranty . I hope they make everyone happy in the end ,so people can feel the pattern switched to good.

Last edited:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I always thought Lambo's are cooler than porsches which are made in China by VW.. Let's do a reality check in two months,for me the main issue is that until they are trying to figure shit out people units/chambers go out of warranty . I hope they make everyone happy in the end ,so people can feel the pattern switched to good.

Yep totally agree that warranty issues are super important in that regard, although a) so far I've not heard anything about anyone having their claims rejected or being denied a warranty claim and b) if you buy now, and have issues now and contact them now, if the can't fix it until in 3 months down the line surely the warranty claim hasn't been voided by then. If and when that happens however I'm more than happy to join the enraged pitchfork mob to stomp our dotleafs into the ground and self-immolate ourselves in front on their offices (may our sacrifice be the guiding light for future generations and end dotleaf's reign of terror). Also, I SAID I WANTED MY LAMBO IN TORQUOISE NOT AQUAMARINE DAD OH MY GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH I WISH YOU WERE DEAD

sunyata,

Lozo

Just to give you all an update on my situation with the Dotleaf, so I’ve had it for a week now, it came with Ultem chamber installed but Dotleaf sent me the new tan chamber which has been received already (within a week).

Within the first few sessions I had several combustion events one after the other on the new tan chambers; it was used inside, with cold chamber, level 2 and the Dotleaf combusted on the heat up cycle each time. After each combustion episode the oven was cleaned, allowed to cool and I tried again, all contacts were cleaned and chamber carefully inserted, using a medium grind, full oven loads, slight tamp. My ABV was black and resembled charcoal.

After the 4th combustion I cleaned the chamber in an iso soak, washed it out then allowed it to dry.

Since then I have had zero combustion and nothing else has changed in the way I load and use the Dotleaf, I use it on level 2, 3 and 4 through a J hook and it’s been used extensively the past week with no issues at all. I tired the Ultem chamber which cracked at the base like many others but the tan chambers are doing well.

I’ve no idea what caused the initial combustion episodes but since then it’s been working without any issues.

jbm

Yep totally agree that warranty issues are super important in that regard, although a) so far I've not heard anything about anyone having their claims rejected or being denied a warranty claim and b) if you buy now, and have issues now and contact them now, if the can't fix it until in 3 months down the line surely the warranty claim hasn't been voided by then.
"Hi I'd like to get one of the new airbags to replace the ones that have been blowing up in some cases."
"Has your airbag blown up?"
"No, but it seems prudent to replace it now rather than having to wait and see if it blows up. And it should be covered by the warranty."
"We don't have any of the new airbags right now, but we should be getting them soon, and they'll be available for 700 USD on our site."
"Wait, I have to pay you an extra 700 dollars to replace the broken thing I already paid for? What kind of customer service is that?"
"You are apparently far too emotionally fragile to be driving one of our vehicles. Perhaps you should be walking everywhere. How can you expect us to continue to innovate if you expect us to actually offer warranty service? Do you know how hard we worked on those exploding airbags? Do you know how much money we spent on them? Why do you hate brave innovators? Why can't you just blow up a trash bag very quickly and stick it between you and the wheel if you get into an accident? What are you, some spoiled girl?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom