dotLeaf

maremaresing

Oh I totally forgot about that. Interested to hear what the black one's specs are, if it can be shared.

@Deecee To follow on my last, I pulled out the dynavap screens (ti and ss) as well as a normal screen to compare. The stock screen looks pretty open when compared to the dynavap ones.

boenMCx.jpg

They fit!

7n93J2S.jpg

I'm going to try this for you tonight, since I'm super curious how it performs. You can see my normal CBD grind here. Is that fine or course? I don't know. It's what I use for all vapes and my sweet spot.

yVblGu1.jpg

Gotta say, I LOVE having multiple ovens. I'm currently stress testing a 2nd gen oven, and also testing out what "no pack" sessions are like. I can just pop that oven experiment out and set it aside while I experiment with this (1st gen) oven and screen swap.

Last edited:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
@Deecee To follow on my last, I pulled out the dynavap screens (ti and ss) as well as a normal screen to compare. The stock screen looks pretty open when compared to the dynavap ones.

boenMCx.jpg

They fit!

Genius move! I had just pushed an actual screen in there like a common pleb xD may upgrade that

maremaresing

A dynavap screen is 8mm, or .32 inches.
A dotleaf screen is smaller, at 7.5mm or .30 inches.
The larger size fits, but I wouldn't try anything larger than 8mm.

DDave makes dynavap screens that people say is amazing for airflow and staying unclogged. A bit pricy, but I can't find any mesh screens near 7.5-8mm in a quick search. https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p86/VapCap_Mesh_Screen_Replacements.html

I'd be very curious to see how a mesh screen does, but I am certain it will be a bigger pain to keep clean between uses than the one that comes on the dotleaf ovens. This is just from my experience with vapes like the enano, and how airflow was fine, but after the first run it was never as good. The dotleaf metal plate screen wipes clear of debris with a finger, or the included brush.

I'll keep using the ti dynavap screen through this load, but it's made me appreciate the stock screen. Airflow is a bit better, I guess, but the first few pulls left debris in my mouth. Might be less likely to clog up, but I'm more and more certain that I'm not getting the the "thick milkshake" draw that @Deecee is. This could be because I always do cool down draws, which cuts out reclaim settling on the inside of the screen. That reclaim would clog holes and invite material to stick to it for further clogging.

Take of that what you will.

maremaresing,
Reactions: Easywider

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
@dotleaf_Alex
Hey there ! Could you post spec sheets for the grades of Ultem and PBT used in your tanks ? There is a vast variety of grades with different durability and properties,which even vary from brand to brand. I understand if you dont wanna do that but can you at least clarify things cause,sofar i have seen only one comment that supposes 230F,which some people thought it is a type-o.
What are the maximum temps that the exact materials/grades used can endure ? You claim that they can handle temps up to 140 C ,which is less than they have to endure in normal operation but do both materials durability and safety is tested withing conditions where resistance goes off and temp rise to combustion level ?(since combustion wasnt encountered in the testing phase ,was that scenario tested later ))?
I am gathering the specifics on the materials for you guys. there is an air gap as well as spacing incorporated into the chamber design so as to not exceed any specific materials operational ranges. the ultem and PBT outer shell materials are well away from the 230°C heating element. there is a PEEK isolator above and below the ceramic cup.

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Duratron P1000 PEI, is the ultem outer shell material. it is being upgraded to CCP PBT3015 material "the black chamber" with a melting point of 225°C. Please note, the mass production of the PBT chambers will not be black in color but more of a tan so do not be concerned when they are available and it is not black 😁

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
@dotleaf_Alex @dotLeaf_Tim Still waiting to receive the updated parts. It can’t be that difficult nor time consuming - a lot of my fellow members received theirs a while ago... Am I not worthy? What an irony that I was the person to share the promo code here... Well, lesson learned, I guess.

@Easywider I hope they’ll make it right, what a shame. (Well, at least you got that tank, still miles ahead of me ;))
can you shoot me an email so I can check on this, there has been alot going on this past week or so. we'll get you sorted out just as quick as possible. customerservice@dotleafofficial.com

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
can you shoot me an email so I can check on this, there has been alot going on this past week or so. we'll get you sorted out just as quick as possible. customerservice@dotleafofficial.com

Hey Alex, thanks for your reply and the spec info. That is well appreciated. Good to read that there is also PEEK incorporated.
I’m happy to report that Ace contacted me a few hours ago with a resolution. I’ll wait patiently and report back! Thank you

Last edited:

maremaresing

Took some glamour shots of the dotleaf with the shorty ultem tip. Before you ask, it has twice the airflow as the stock tip, and is very short. This means that, compared with the stock mp, it's very uncomfortably hot. I don't know how that works but whatever. The stock mp is pleasant and compact, but this one is not.

It's super stylish, though, so I'm going to try and make it work. Mouth to lung on temp4 is doable.

Green and Gold! So chic!

HCz47pJ.jpg

Straight into the dragons maw

NsSQNM2.jpg

This is my favorite shot. The way the light plays on all the angles and smooth lines is beautiful.

6hMsYJE.jpg

Had to move it to the stylish black case to match the look.

94O2PBR.jpg

sunyata

Accessory Maker
How's my fellow Europeans, anyone got a v2 or v3 oven or parts at least? My o-ring is reaching the end of its lifespan despite careful handling, I emailed them and got told they would send me new o-ring plus oven lid, but then got transferred to the European division and they just sent me a single o-ring (arrived today). Which presumably is gonna last 4 weeks or however long this one lived. Which is not really the kind of solution I was hoping for with this. I emailed the European service rep about it but wanted to also check here if anyone has similar experience.

Deecee

If I use the carb I get great hits, setting 3 is kicking my ass. I get stronger effects vaping flower on this than microdosing concentrates.

Would love to see a smaller chamber oven in the future, or I need to find cheap glass spacers in usa.

*edit*

Also more types of ovens, I have a design in mind for a convection oven. You could even make a hybrid style oven if you wanted, also I dont see why a concentrate oven couldnt be pulled off either. This vape has a lot of possibilities thanks to the design.

It was a bumpy start but I hope you do well and hope you guys make more products for cannabis vapers in future. <3

@dotleaf_Alex

Last edited:

sunyata

Accessory Maker
How's my fellow Europeans, anyone got a v2 or v3 oven or parts at least? My o-ring is reaching the end of its lifespan despite careful handling, I emailed them and got told they would send me new o-ring plus oven lid, but then got transferred to the European division and they just sent me a single o-ring (arrived today). Which presumably is gonna last 4 weeks or however long this one lived. Which is not really the kind of solution I was hoping for with this. I emailed the European service rep about it but wanted to also check here if anyone has similar experience.

And in a dramatic turn of events the European service rep replied within less than 24h that new tanks were inbound for Europe next week and I'd get one sent to me (incl additional spare o ring) at that point. Hurray for Clement. Damn what a wild ride the dotleaf has been ha. Just wanted to update if anyone else on team Europe was wondering what potential ETA on solutions to potential part outages to expect.

To reiterate points made previously, so far pretty happy with this overall. First time that I gambled on a product at this stage, so far no regrets, although I can see why others would feel differently given their differing experience, other than a somewhat frazzled o-ring I've had no issues and just fun with that little green nuke.

Also unrelatedly I have a new mouthpiece setup that is pretty fun. Cost like 3€ on amazon, fits the 18mm like a charm

2021_01_29 11_33 Office Lens.jpg

Roundbhoy

Hi all, I just got my Dotleaf and there is a little tiny clear bag that came with it. There is 3 orings and a folded green thing. Are the o-rings replacements for in the oven chamber and what is the green thing for? Many thanks

maremaresing

@Roundbhoy Those are spare orings for the driptips, I believe, and the green thing is little round screw cover pads.

little green nuke.

Also unrelatedly I have a new mouthpiece setup that is pretty fun. Cost like 3€ on amazon, fits the 18mm like a charm

View attachment 5622

"Little Green Nuke"!!! That's a perfect description. This dotleaf bodies me if I want it to (and sometimes if I don't).

Nice Mouthpiece! I've got some glass things of my own on the way. Actually, I have a lot of things on the way for the dotleaf, because it's so modifiable for mouthpieces.

I've been using an AFC drip tip a bit this week, and it does help cool the vapor on hot hits. Have many more on the way to play with. But the stock POM drip tip is actually quite good on it's own.

Roundbhoy

Had a mix of emotions today I was so happy I received my black ovens today and a new o-ring. When trying to take out the old o-ring that was damaged it's totally stuck and jammed in there I don't know how I am going to get it out! Parts of it broke off and it's like it's melted in there or something I cant get it out after trying for ages. If only I could get the new one on and get vaping on these black ovens. Sad now. Is there an easy way to replace it or is it really as hard as I'm finding it?

Roundbhoy,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

purpletweed

Had a mix of emotions today I was so happy I received my black ovens today and a new o-ring. When trying to take out the old o-ring that was damaged it's totally stuck and jammed in there I don't know how I am going to get it out! Parts of it broke off and it's like it's melted in there or something I cant get it out after trying for ages. If only I could get the new one on and get vaping on these black ovens. Sad now. Is there an easy way to replace it or is it really as hard as I'm finding it?

You have to unscrew the golden bit which the mouthpiece slots into; this can be done using a coin.

Roundbhoy

You have to unscrew the golden bit which the mouthpiece slots into; this can be done using a coin.
Thank you I managed to change it it was easy once I knew how to ha. Thanks again

Sadly I am still having issues tho I am getting the 3 flashing white lights meaning tank not detected on both of the new ovens. Which is interesting because my 2 old cracks ovens are still being recognized in it. Not sure what's going on have already emailed and waiting patiently to hear back. Hope everyone else is having more luck than me

Roundbhoy,
  • Angry
Reactions: arb

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Hey, just a quick update. we now have a Discord to assist us in getting information and updates out to everyone. https://discord.gg/bApHtMFN we will still be doing our best to monitor and communicate with everyone on FC and other platforms however in the interest of limited manpower this will probably be the quickest and easiest way to get the information out to everyone.

maremaresing

The longest one there? Looks cool, but is it threaded? How do you attach it? I've been using the Upline Taster as a stem lately and it's very nice. In fact, I just used the dotleaf outside for the first time, and really liked the experience with the Upline.

Something like this might also work great, being 2.36 inches long.

I've hardly ever vaped outside since my MFLB days, but the dotleaf brings desktop performance in your pocket. And it's inconspicuous!

Last edited:

jbm

The longest one there? Looks cool, but is it threaded? How do you attach it?
There's a drip tip adapter that the long part screws into and then it just attaches to the dotLeaf like the included mouthpiece. I have to say, this thing is growing on me. I wish there was a way to half load the oven, but it's a solid little vape. My oven's held up so far, but I'm hoping we'll be able to get the new model ovens.

Top Bottom