• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dotLeaf

Easywider

Simple is the way
You can't fault a broken link. That's a matter of oversight on the web developers part, and not the company as a whole.
In regards to the out of stock ovens, there's a reason for that. It was mentioned a few pages back that they are changing the Ultem material. That will require new pictures, new data, etc, therefore rendering that oven link outdated and out of stock. Rather than selling units they know are faulty, they did the right thing by pulling it off the shelves (web link) and will update it when the new ones come out. Come on guys, is everyone looking for a reason to be negative? They are doing what we wanted them to do. They are fixing the problem. That doesn't happen overnight.
Exactly, The fact that they are no longer selling ovens with known issues should be perceived as a good thing. The new ovens just arrived last week and sent out to users. So also a good thing they are selling those before they are beta'd

I just received a shipping notification from DotLeaf for the black oven :tup: I'm very happy to see that.

jbm

A simple google search "Dotleaf Warranty" provided these results...
Well, ok, but really I shouldn't have to google the warranty because the link to it on their site is not only broken, but warns me that there may be a security violation afoot. I would even make the argument that the "all sales are final" language belongs elsewhere, not on the warranty page. I did not think to click there for return information; I would normally look for that sort of thing on their shipping pages. I'd also want to fix that broken link right quick, developer or no.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@khelek41girl I dunno how is on your side of the pond but here in EU you can return any goods purchased online withing 14 days of purchase,no matter if it is buyer remorse or not. 90 days warranty otherwise is pretty standard for e-cig mods.

""Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

If you bought a product or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification.""

maremaresing

@Abysmal Vapor No, we haven't caught up to the civilized world yet. It's all cowboys and capitalism over here. Sorry.

I just received a shipping notification from DotLeaf for the black oven :tup: I'm very happy to see that.

Yasss can't wait to get feedback on these new ovens. At least the modularity of the ovens makes updating and user repair a 2 second process.

Jah75

@khelek41girl I dunno how is on your side of the pond but here in EU you can return any goods purchased online withing 14 days of purchase,no matter if it is buyer remorse or not. 90 days warranty otherwise is pretty standard for e-cig mods.

""Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

If you bought a product or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification.""
We definitely do not have that level of consumer protection over here in the US. Caveat Emptor is the rule of law here (hyperbole, but pretty close to accurate)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
they contacted me back and said if I would like a refund, they just need the unit back. Which, is obviously fair and what I will be doing. Maybe I’ll check back with this thread in 6months and see how things are going.

I really should have done more research though. I don’t like a lot of things about the materials used. I mean, Delrin is made by Dupont, and they can go to hell for all I care.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Well, ok, but really I shouldn't have to google the warranty because the link to it on their site is not only broken, but warns me that there may be a security violation afoot. I would even make the argument that the "all sales are final" language belongs elsewhere, not on the warranty page. I did not think to click there for return information; I would normally look for that sort of thing on their shipping pages. I'd also want to fix that broken link right quick, developer or no.
I agree that they could certainly do things differently, however, I don't work for them or get paid by them in any way, so who am I to tell them how to run their website or their business? I am just a consumer, and have no complaints with them. They have taken care of me when I have had to reach out to them, and have experienced nothing but quality customer service. YMMV of course, but I will continue to support them as long as I feel inclined to do so. Could that change, sure. Nothing is set in stone, but they have yet to disappoint, so.... 🤷‍♀️

SixStringToker

Naked member
I just received a similar email; three new ovens on the way.

I also received an email stating that the issues with the previous ovens were "mostly cosmetic" 🤔. They informed me that the oven misalignment "is part of the design. The chipset is positioned behind the tank to connect to the button, whereas the drip tip hole is completely centered on the top." Yea... I don't really buy that. Make the device slightly thicker or offset the mouthpiece hole slightly on the body; both of which are better options than intentionally forcing a misalignment in the vapor path.

They did not address my issue with the immediate combustion.

jbm

I agree that they could certainly do things differently, however, I don't work for them or get paid by them in any way, so who am I to tell them how to run their website or their business?
No one’s telling them how to run their business, I’m pointing out a link to their warranty information that, in Firefox at least, pops up a scary looking warning that following that link may result in your being phished or hacked. I left them a message in IG pointing this out.

Edit: they thanked me for the heads up.

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

Same with Chrome, and has been for at least two weeks. I understand that some people will say that has nothing to do with the actual product under discussion, but from where I’m standing it’s just a matter of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. I know the weed community can be a bit “fuckin’ commerce, how does it work???” and my expectations are calibrated accordingly, but really wish it wasn’t necessary.

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: arb and jbm

Deecee

the product I received is unsatisfying to say the least.
As an experienced liquid vaper of 5 years:
(received it early january - if that is of any interest, dont know which "batch".)

pros:

- weight
- fire button is quite nice
- device will vibrate when it´s ready to use (feels like a nice to have feature for me, I really like it!)
- you can or have to use it 18650s!
- 3 mouthpieces to choose from
- transportation box has a nice design, however the foam and plastic does feel cheap for the price point

cons:

- price point

Im a first time buyer of dry herb vaporizing products so my view may be biased towards liquid vaping products. I bought this product because it seemed like the perfect fit for me. Im aware that there are devices like the mighty and vulcano however compared to a normal vape the price point seems hefty.

- no 18650 included
- mouthpieces feel quite bulky and not nicely shaped (Im aware that you can combine it with a water pipe)
- temperature control
- displaying of the selected temperature
- device will get hot (hot in the sense of: as hot as your normal vape gets if it exposed to direct sunlight - Most likely not a big problem still doesn´t feel that great.)
- no degassing holes for the 18650!
- I can imagine that the herb chamber "oven" is the predetermined breaking point. The act to get it out of vapo seems to be rather on the physical site and tbh the offer of a replacement part is a red flag in my eyes.
- device arrived damaged and NOT usable -> chipped paint, herb chamber problem

Im going to sent it back - and im not intending to get a replacement.
I dont consider the lack of 18650s a con, marijuanas vapers be spoiled. :)

DotMod has been doing vapes for MANY years I guarantee theres a way to vent you just don't see it.

Anyways, (to others following this thread) I got in touch with support and a product support manager. They sent out a replacement oven, hopefully it works this time.

purpletweed

Exactly, The fact that they are no longer selling ovens with known issues should be perceived as a good thing. The new ovens just arrived last week and sent out to users. So also a good thing they are selling those before they are beta'd

When they got back to you, did they share any more information about how the firmware update would work?

General information for the thread: I just got an order notification for the new oven.

Severmore

Oh my god it looks so good. Is the lid still ultem, or does it match?
It reminds me of a small film cannister.
The new herb cartridge did not come with a lid, nor did I request it (the cartridge itself) to be included. It was randomly in the box with the replacement dotLeaf and cartridges from my initial order. A pleasant surprise. Although it had no official packaging, which makes me think they’re still in the process of packing these guys up to be sent out.

I will say that even though they’re made with the older style ultem body, my replacement herb cartridges definitely have improvements to the lid (much smoother!) and o-rings (black now instead of white). That being said, I still expect cracking along the base with extended use...

Hopefully the new oven material is less susceptible to these issues. Time will tell.

I am happy to report that the folks at dotLeaf have treated me well, and it appears that they are making strides to correct course.

Easywider

Simple is the way
When they got back to you, did they share any more information about how the firmware update would work?

General information for the thread: I just got an order notification for the new oven.
Uhm well, they never got back to me just the automated store notifications for zero charge purchase and the shipping notification.

@Severmore ooooh first black oven to be seen in the wild. I wonder what the material is in these.

Jah75

looks perfect, not too big. I had no luck searching "hopper glass with carb". Can you post a link?
Sure thing

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I have been working with my sales rep on these. Asked about the tanks and why some are getting combustion. Hope this helps.

We're working on both currently. Regarding the combustion that is easy to avoid, we've insolated two ways that can happen. The first being that the contact in the device or on the bottom of the chamber is dirty, or second putting the chamber into the device while it is still very hot. Both of these can cause the resistance of the tank to be outside the baseline when installed into the device. We are testing possible firmware updates to prevent this.

The tank cracking is most prevalent for sure. We do have some new tanks using a new black material, however we have so few of them available that currently we are only sending them out for replacements to cracked tanks currently. We are rushing to complete a tooling to make them in mass. If any of your customers experience cracking with their tanks please let me know and we can send them one of the black tanks. As soon as we have more of them available I can send you tanks for any inventory you have on hand.

Please be assured we are doing everything we can as quickly as possible!

One of the reasons I picked this up is because my sales rep has been on point throughout the whole process. Anyone who has been around knows that buying a new product doesn't always launch smoothly but it's how the company reacts that matters to me. So far so good in my opinion.

purpletweed

Both of these can cause the resistance of the tank to be outside the baseline when installed into the device. We are testing possible firmware updates to prevent this.

Good to know. In particular, it really does sound like we can expect to be able to update the firmware. Thanks for sharing!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have been working with my sales rep on these. Asked about the tanks and why some are getting combustion. Hope this helps.

We're working on both currently. Regarding the combustion that is easy to avoid, we've insolated two ways that can happen. The first being that the contact in the device or on the bottom of the chamber is dirty, or second putting the chamber into the device while it is still very hot. Both of these can cause the resistance of the tank to be outside the baseline when installed into the device. We are testing possible firmware updates to prevent this.

The tank cracking is most prevalent for sure. We do have some new tanks using a new black material, however we have so few of them available that currently we are only sending them out for replacements to cracked tanks currently. We are rushing to complete a tooling to make them in mass. If any of your customers experience cracking with their tanks please let me know and we can send them one of the black tanks. As soon as we have more of them available I can send you tanks for any inventory you have on hand.

Please be assured we are doing everything we can as quickly as possible!

One of the reasons I picked this up is because my sales rep has been on point throughout the whole process. Anyone who has been around knows that buying a new product doesn't always launch smoothly but it's how the company reacts that matters to me. So far so good in my opinion.
Any ideas on what the"black material "is?

arb,
Top Bottom