dotLeaf

tilroh

Thanks again, I had to look closely but the green strip does have circle cutouts.
I'm going to order replacement top seals cause mine will pop into place but pushes out when the brass adapter is screwed down. I hold pressure against it from the inside but the brass adapter pushes it back out. I'm nearly at the point of powering up the Stempod Si.

tilroh,

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
So I'm not an expert but I wonder if the device needs to adjust base resistance every time.
Couldn't it just stick with the known value with the option of manually triggering a new read?

Or is that not possible because it uses the current resistance to estimate temperature? I would assume the estimation to be more correct if it assumes the old base resistance.

This wouldnt work if the resistance/contact quality is changing a lot over time.

Just my:2c:

:peace:

maremaresing

Not only am I not an expert, but I don't work for dotleaf. To my knowledge, this is something they are already accounting for in the new firmware. But it's fun to talk about so here we go.

It needs to take a baseline so it knows when it's up to temp based on resistance and every oven might have slightly different resistance. This would actually work fine as is if the oven wasn't swappable. I rarely do back to back sessions, but when I did I never had an issue. So it's gotta be happening when you turn it on (5 clicks), or swap a battery.

Given that it's better for a unit to not get hot enough than combust, I'd have a known range that an oven should be within when a baseline is set. This range could even include a partially warm oven. If it's not a cool oven, give an error flash that it needs to be cooled down. I think the firmware already has an error code for something like this.

The furna supposedly does this. If the oven is too hot or whatever, it makes you wait until it's cooled down. I don't know that the furna has a temp sensor either (I need to ask). If not, then they are solving for this exact same problem I bet.

There are 3 vapes now that have a swappable oven (technically 2), and before a few months ago there were none. I can understand that this is a new issue to tackle.

Last edited:

Lozo

I just couldn’t put this little green guy back in the box after my combustion events, so I took the tan oven apart, soaked and cleaned it in iso then water and let it dry. Whilst that was happening I decided to use the old style oven that came with the unit.

Been running this through a J Hook with the 18mm adapter.

I’ve been using fully packed chambers in both the old and new ovens, starting on temp 2 and also 3 and working up to 4 with no cool down steps in-between and using boost whenever I fancied, simply using the Dotleaf in the way I wanted…..the results…… not one combustion event, not one crack in the ovens and completely even and full extraction every time.

I’ve no idea what caused the issues before, there’s been no notable difference in how the device is being used but I couldn’t be happier with how it’s currently working….I don’t trust it yet but I am liking it.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Not only am I not an expert, but I don't work for dotleaf. To my knowledge, this is something they are already accounting for in the new firmware. But it's fun to talk about so here we go.

It needs to take a baseline so it knows when it's up to temp based on resistance and every oven might have slightly different resistance. This would actually work fine as is if the oven wasn't swappable. I rarely do back to back sessions, but when I did I never had an issue. So it's gotta be happening when you turn it on (5 clicks), or swap a battery.

Given that it's better for a unit to not get hot enough than combust, I'd have a known range that an oven should be within when a baseline is set. This range could even include a partially warm oven. If it's not a cool oven, give an error flash that it needs to be cooled down. I think the firmware already has an error code for something like this.

The furna supposedly does this. If the oven is too hot or whatever, it makes you wait until it's cooled down. I don't know that the furna has a temp sensor either (I need to ask). If not, then they are solving for this exact same problem I bet.

There are 3 vapes now that have a swappable oven (technically 2), and before a few months ago there were none. I can understand that this is a new issue to tackle.
There were other vapes with swapable chambers, maybe not so famous . I remember the V2 Pro Series or smth like that,,also there are a few Chinese ,Grizzly eclipse/orginals ,some over at the Atmos brand and i think it was Hengling Pro ,that were available prior last year. Maybe divine tribe rebuildable herb atty can also be considered in the league ,you can replace just the heater without having to throw away the housing .

Last edited:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Hey @dotleaf_Alex, question about the vape ban... How is this going to affect sales of the DotLeaf? Are they still going to be able to be purchased from the website, or will they only be available in brick and mortar stores? Curious how you all plan on handling things. I myself am a vape accessory maker, so I am very curious to know where to go from here...

tilroh

Hello @dotleaf_Alex, is there a special trick to reinstalling the black seal in between the oven and the outlet? I took mine out and for the life of me can't get it to stay in place while the adapter is screwed back down. I've emailed asking for new one to be sent, request (39569). I'd like to buy a few if I am able to replace them myself. I hate it that my favoriate vape is out of commission. Thanks!

tilroh,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey @dotleaf_Alex. Still waiting for a sign as I was promised by Ace to receive a shipping confirmation for the black replacement ovens. that was more than 10 days ago..
I get that you’re a small company and all but I feel like just receiving hollow promises, if I receive a reply at all. No follow up, no message, no confirmation, no whatsoever... I’d never thought I’d have to go thru all this since my order back in Dec.
Guess this is my last effort with the company and device before throwing the towel...
Happy for everyone that can actually enjoy their device! Hope to join you still.

@Lozo Great that you’re digging it. Please keep us posted about your funky incidents. Does it work properly since then?

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Hello @dotleaf_Alex, is there a special trick to reinstalling the black seal in between the oven and the outlet? I took mine out and for the life of me can't get it to stay in place while the adapter is screwed back down. I've emailed asking for new one to be sent, request (39569). I'd like to buy a few if I am able to replace them myself. I hate it that my favoriate vape is out of commission. Thanks!
@tilroh
I just saw your email, we were out for presidents day so working through my backlog. As to the O-ring, with the 510 mouthpiece adapter unscrewed from the device you will notice there is a small groove that the oring locks into. if you do not seat completely in the groove you can push it back out when reinstalling the 510 adapter. I will see if i can get you a decent picture when i reply to the email shortly.

Hey @dotleaf_Alex. Still waiting for a sign as I was promised by Ace to receive a shipping confirmation for the black replacement ovens. that was more than 10 days ago..
I get that you’re a small company and all but I feel like just receiving hollow promises, if I receive a reply at all. No follow up, no message, no confirmation, no whatsoever... I’d never thought I’d have to go thru all this since my order back in Dec.
Guess this is my last effort with the company and device before throwing the towel...
Happy for everyone that can actually enjoy their device! Hope to join you still.

@Lozo Great that you’re digging it. Please keep us posted about your funky incidents. Does it work properly since then
@vapen00b
let me double check on this, i believe we are pending shipment from our EU wharehouse in order to prevent any customs issues but will double check today on the full status of the order.
Hey @dotleaf_Alex, question about the vape ban... How is this going to affect sales of the DotLeaf? Are they still going to be able to be purchased from the website, or will they only be available in brick and mortar stores? Curious how you all plan on handling things. I myself am a vape accessory maker, so I am very curious to know where to go from here...
@khelek41girl
by definition this product falls outside of the PACT act regulation however I have been dedicating a tremendous amount of time on this subject and we are still looking for a good solution. currently the industry, as well as regulators are all scrambling because no one knows how this will work.

Deecee

@tilroh
I just saw your email, we were out for presidents day so working through my backlog. As to the O-ring, with the 510 mouthpiece adapter unscrewed from the device you will notice there is a small groove that the oring locks into. if you do not seat completely in the groove you can push it back out when reinstalling the 510 adapter. I will see if i can get you a decent picture when i reply to the email shortly.

@vapen00b
let me double check on this, i believe we are pending shipment from our EU wharehouse in order to prevent any customs issues but will double check today on the full status of the order.

@khelek41girl
by definition this product falls outside of the PACT act regulation however I have been dedicating a tremendous amount of time on this subject and we are still looking for a good solution. currently the industry, as well as regulators are all scrambling because no one knows how this will work.
@dotleaf_Alex any word on whats going on with combustion events? Do we have bad chips? what is causing it? cant it be fixed with update?

tilroh

@Lozo Great that you’re digging it. Please keep us posted about your funky incidents. Does it work properly since then?
It works as good as ever except without the gasket / seal / O ring, the airway from oven to mouth piece isn't sealed and leake air. Maybe mine got distorted during one of the early combustion events. I'm hoping a new one will be easy to install. I just received 12 various drip tips from fasttech that I'm anxious to try.

tilroh,
Reactions: vapen00b

SixStringToker

Naked member
If the USB port isn't capable of data transfer, the only way of upgrading the firmware would be a new device.
Or sending the device to them to be flashed. I had to do that with my Healthy Rips Fierce; 'sucked, but it did get updated.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: endof3d

jbm

Or sending the device to them to be flashed. I had to do that with my Healthy Rips Fierce; 'sucked, but it did get updated.
For all intents and purposes the same thing and as inconvenient. Would have been smarter to make it user updateable, though I guess that has issues as well.

jbm,

Deecee

This is what they said about that on the Discord:
My issue has nothing to do with any of that, it randomly combusts from a fresh start, no changing battery, not on second session, I hit it 3 not 5 times. Sounding like I spent $160 on a device that combusts for no reason and it cant be updated.

Deecee,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Easywider

Simple is the way
This company absolutely kills me. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I finally got my replacement lid in the mail for the chamber that was sent without a lid. And guess what? there's no F'ing grommet or screen with the lid. Like how in the holy hell am I supposed to use this? First, it's sent without a lid, I wait almost 3 weeks for a replacement and it arrives INCOMPLETE!!!

Absolutely unacceptable

Edit - I was able to glue an ambit screen to the lid with some resin, not sure how long it will hold up but I was able to vape a bowl. I'm much calmer now :razz: but I'd still like to have a complete product.

Last edited:

maremaresing

My issue has nothing to do with any of that, it randomly combusts from a fresh start, no changing battery, not on second session, I hit it 3 not 5 times. Sounding like I spent $160 on a device that combusts for no reason and it cant be updated.
It could just be defective. We all chase design flaws but you could just have a bad device and need it swapped out.

Chainfish

It seems to be the new norm for companies to release a product which realistically speaking is still in beta phase. Was interested in this initially but grateful for others in group who bought so I don't have to. Amazed they didn't think of including the ability to update and whilst I realise dotleaf may be a reasonably new venture, this isn't dotmods 1st rodeo and fail to see the logic in releasing an unfinished product that's going to damage their reputation. Will wait and see what you lot think of the v2 and v3 when released but too many red flags for my liking with this version.
As I've stated before it makes no sense for those with limited funds to purchase a product new to market, best waiting 6months or more for any issues to be ironed out, and enough feedback on quality of product. Those that jumped in early, I hope you get it sorted

maremaresing

Just reiterating that theres tons of us that are happy with no issues (on and off the forum) and defects are normal for anything. It was clearly communicated to me early in the thread that this was a soft launch, and I'm glad I took the plunge.

We all make our own choices, there is no gun to your head to try a new device, or first model year, of anything.

Top Bottom